Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

The Three Orange Men. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Three Orange Men. (937 Views)

Orange Settage Limited, Needs Vendors Nationwide / Meet Orange Seller Whose Voice Has Made Him A Viral Sensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Three Orange Men. by LacyPantSniffer(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2022
In the late 90's,nigerians were shocked when three strange orange men were spotted on the streets of Lagos.

The three men dressed in all black with orange faces would pop up unannounced in public.

This would scare Nigerians, and make many people run in the opposite direction whenever they showed up in public.

And why not? The three orange men looked scary. They looked like very strange, almost alien-like. You know Nigerians, we are not like white people. We are not inquisitive people. Once we see something strange, we peel off.

Shortly after the three orange men phenomenon had reached a fever pitch,it was revealed that it was an advertising gimmick by Pepsi to introduce their new drink Mirinda to the Nigerian market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EINRF2TgNhk

Good ol' nostalgia grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-arPeDEQYk
Re: The Three Orange Men. by Adaibeku(f): 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2022
Vizconson please don't engage the pastor in our thread no matter what . We love his bible quotes it keeps us in shape of reality between light seekers and christians .
Don't engage d idle pastor ok
Re: The Three Orange Men. by SerikiFulani(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2022
If you remember this trend/advert and you're not married, just forget it cheesy

Oh how I missed the good old days angry Everyone was scared in nigeria then when these alien looking guys showed up....I think a popular Nigerian actor was one of them...Can someone remind me?

Cc:Nlfpmod

Let's get this to the promised land so we can get views of old and matured nairalanders.
Re: The Three Orange Men. by PlayMaker14: 7:05pm On Nov 12, 2022
grin
Re: The Three Orange Men. by Greatzeus(m): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
I remember like yesterday,damn I'm an Old G men grin
Re: The Three Orange Men. by AfonjaConehead: 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2022
That was the beginning of coneheaded structures dashing to mowe Ibafo IDP @ the slightest thing grin
Re: The Three Orange Men. by frozen70(f): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:
In the late 90's,nigerians were shocked when three strange orange men were spotted on the streets of Lagos.

The three men dressed in all black with orange faces would pop up unannounced in public.

This would scare Nigerians, and make many people run in the opposite direction whenever they showed up in public.

And why not? The three orange men looked scary. They looked like very strange, almost alien-like. You know Nigerians, we are not like white people. We are not inquisitive people. Once we see something strange, we peel off.

Shortly after the three orange men phenomenon had reached a fever pitch,it was revealed that it was an advertising gimmick by Pepsi to introduce their new drink Mirinda to the Nigerian market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EINRF2TgNhk

Good ol' nostalgia grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-arPeDEQYk

After all the fun and intrigues

Mirinda have lost it sweet tastes, it's now less quality in taste

Even 7up is tasteless now

Coke is watery and tasteless too

But teem is still ok because if they try that nonsense low standard, it will get noticed quickly

Fanta is the worst of them all
Re: The Three Orange Men. by Hed0nist: 2:54am On Nov 14, 2022
Mama, Papa school no dey.
Wetin happen?
Our teacher de fear 3 orange men.
Wetin dem wear?
Dem wear black shirt...
Re: The Three Orange Men. by LacyPantSniffer(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2022
frozen70:

After all the fun and intrigues

Mirinda have lost it sweet tastes, it's now less quality in taste

Even 7up is tasteless now

Coke is watery and tasteless too

But teem is still ok because if they try that nonsense low standard, it will get noticed quickly

Fanta is the worst of them all

I think I'll have to make a thread on how the things we used to enjoy in the 90's have lost their taste and quality.

Back then Tomtom was like hot pepper but now it's sweet like candy....What of Milo? You don't even need milk then cos Milo was so thick and the smell was captivating.

I remember Digestive biscuits of the 90's tongue Very delicious and munchful....Not the rubbish they're doing now.....What of Gala back in the 90's? Very delicious with thick and nutritious sausage tongue But now everything they make is rubbish.
Re: The Three Orange Men. by frozen70(f): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2022
LacyPantSniffer:

I think I'll have to make a thread on how the things we used to enjoy in the 90's have lost their taste and quality.

Back then Tomtom was like hot pepper but now it's sweet like candy....What of Milo? You don't even need milk then cos Milo was so thick and the smell was captivating.

I remember Digestive biscuits of the 90's tongue Very delicious and munchful....Not the rubbish they're doing now.....What of Gala back in the 90's? Very delicious with thick and nutritious sausage tongue But now everything they make is rubbish.

You are very right

Milo now is without milk and sugar
So you have to buy that and add to get the original Milo taste of those days
Re: The Three Orange Men. by Mryacks: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
SerikiFulani:
If you remember this trend/advert and you're not married, just forget it cheesy

Oh how I missed the good old days angry Everyone was scared in nigeria then when these alien looking guys showed up....I think a popular Nigerian actor was one of them...Can someone remind me?

Cc:Nlfpmod

Let's get this to the promised land so we can get views of old and matured nairalanders.

I remember it and I am not married...what should I do? grin
Re: The Three Orange Men. by capricornlady: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
I remember 3 orange men vividly cheesy cheesy , wow .how time flies...
Re: The Three Orange Men. by SerikiFulani(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2022
Mryacks:

I remember it and I am not married...what should I do? grin

Just forget it bro....

Remain single.

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do? She Have Maintained Silent / Talking About Weddings: / Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.