Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff (1228 Views)

PDP's Sherriff Oborevwori Wins Delta Governorship Election 2023 / 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by SadiqBabaSani: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
Immediate past Governor of Delta State Chief Uduaghan allegedly endorsed Okowa for Vice President and Sheriff for Governor and I need to emphasise that, since Uduaghan has failed to realise that power shift to South and competence is the focal objective in 2023, let me state that:

1. Ex Governor Uduaghan has almost Zero electoral value.

2. PDP Delta State failed to Present a tested technocrat such as Edevbie for Governorship after forcing Sheriff on Deltans, at the moment PDP Delta is so terribly polarized that they cannot even present a common front.

3. 80% of Deltans are Sympathetic to Peter Obi : This will reduce the influence of PDP greatly,personally for Senate, I did vote Joel Onowakpo of APC, yes APC, 2023 is about personalities and not parties.

cc: Efewestern
nlfpm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by naijapips04: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Immediate past Governor of Delta State Chief Uduaghan allegedly endorsed Okowa for Vice President and Sheriff for Governor and I need to state as follows that:

2. PDP Delta State failed to Present a tested technocrat such as Edevbie for Governorship after forcing Sheriff on Deltans, at the moment PDP Delta is so terribly polarized that they cannot even present a common front.

3. 80% of Deltans are Sympathetic to Peter Obi : This will reduce the influence of PDP greatly,personally for Senate, I did vote Joel Onowakpo of APC, yes APC, 2023 is about personalities and not parties.

nlfpm

T
You will cry more after the elections. grin save your tears.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by JoeNL22(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Immediate past Governor of Delta State Chief Uduaghan allegedly endorsed Okowa for Vice President and Sheriff for Governor and I need to emphasise that, since Uduaghan has failed to realise that power shift to South and competence is the focal objective in 2023, let me state that:

nlfpm
Obi is cumin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by naijapips04: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2022
JoeNL22:

Obi is cumin

grin na for your nyash e dey cum?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Efewestern: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani, do you think Onowakpo stands a big chance?
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Honjoshy4u: 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:

nlfpm

4) the writer is one of Omoagege zombie.
Omoagege is a mace thief/tug.
E pain am say Deltans are Sheriffied.
You should be more worried of Soludo de-marketting Obi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 8:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Efewestern:
SadiqBabaSani, do you think Onowakpo stands a big chance?
He is not a push over though but he's up against a united ruling party in his Isoko land.
He gave Hon Leo Ogor a run for his money in 2019(no bvas, impressive showing)
Bomadi, Burutu,Patani and the Warris will be his Achilles heel unless he finds a way to corner the Ijaws.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Efewestern: 5:12am On Nov 13, 2022
Aiel123:

He is not a push over though but he's up against a united ruling party in his Isoko land.
He gave Hon Leo Ogor a run for his money in 2019(no bvas, impressive showing)
Bomadi, Burutu,Patani and the Warris will be his Achilles heel unless he finds a way to corner the Ijaws.

Ogor doesn't command mush influence in Isoko land. I've maintained that Isoko is the most populated ethnic group in the South. If they should throw their weight behind him by forgetting about party loyalty and taking the electoral process serious while also securing half of Ijaw votes, then it would be a win for Onowakpo. The Isokos are marginalized enough and I hope they show their strength this time around.

The Ijaws hold the keys in the forthcoming election and do you think the much talked about BVAS can do anything to stop their bloc votes?

The elections will be tough and interesting. A united PDP would still have crushed any opposition in the state but the worst that can happen to any party is internal betrayal. See PDP in 2015.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Ruggedniggaone: 5:29am On Nov 13, 2022
Op better save your tears till Feb after obi don loose election,ode op what electoral value does obi that can't win any election for his party since he left Apga have?you go com nairaland they yarn dust thinking everyone here is as stupid and foolish as you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Efewestern:

Ogor doesn't command mush influence in Isoko land. I've maintained that Isoko is the most populated ethnic group in the South. If they should throw their weight behind him by forgetting about party loyalty and taking the electoral process serious while also securing half of Ijaw votes, then it would be a win for Onowakpo. The Isokos are marginalized enough and I hope they show their strength this time around.

The Ijaws hold the keys in the forthcoming election and do you think the much talked about BVAS can do anything to stop their bloc votes?

The elections will be tough and interesting. A united PDP would still have crushed any opposition in the state but the worst that can happen to any party is internal betrayal. See PDP in 2015.
Why do you think the Isoko are the most populated ethnic group in the south?
It voting strength tends to disagree.
Onowakpo has a lot to do to win Isoko because PDP there is grounded and are not sleeping.
The Ijaws have always been one way traffic. Now they're aggrieved,if they should settle with their "lover" that ends it.
APC is hoping for either internal sabotage or unabated crises in PDP to win.Else than that, everyone knows what delta polls portrays.
Pastor Ukodkiho is PDP house of representatives candidate for Isoko and he has begun reconciling disenchanted groups emerging from the primary election.
Have you seen Amori's statement where he said Ibori is not against Sheriff?
I want to believe it's a political statement until I hears from the horse mouth.
Delta Political Vanguard led by Diden and Delta United Group ( Edevbie camp) are running parallel activities.
How do you see the central senatorial district election?
On Bvas being able to checkmate block votes from ijaw, there's a big possibility. Those riggers always worked with 80% turnout in one direction ( Chicken change votes for opposition).
Massive mobilization can still bring those humongous sums and vote buying.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Efewestern: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2022
Aiel123:

Why do you think the Isoko are the most populated ethnic group in the south?
It voting strength tends to disagree.
Onowakpo has a lot to do to win Isoko because PDP there is grounded and are not sleeping.
The Ijaws have always been one way traffic. Now they're aggrieved,if they should settle with their "lover" that ends it.
APC is hoping for either internal sabotage or unabated crises in PDP to win.Else than that, everyone knows what delta polls portrays.
Pastor Ukodkiho is PDP house of representatives candidate for Isoko and he has begun reconciling disenchanted groups emerging from the primary election.
Have you seen Amori's statement where he said Ibori is not against Sheriff?
I want to believe it's a political statement until I hears from the horse mouth.
Delta Political Vanguard led by Diden and Delta United Group ( Edevbie camp) are running parallel activities.
How do you see the central senatorial district election?
On Bvas being able to checkmate block votes from ijaw, there's a big possibility. Those riggers always worked with 80% turnout in one direction ( Chicken change votes for opposition).
Massive mobilization can still bring those humongous sums and vote buying.

We can't use electoral figure to weigh the population of any group. Even the census conducted way back in 2006 was highly manipulated not to talk of voting numbers. In every town in Delta aside Asaba and Agbor, the Isokos always come behind the Urhobos. Also take a look at voter registration in Delta state you would see that Isoko north and south registered one of the highest figures.

The crisis is what is giving the opposition party the edge. Ego and pride won't let so many key figures work together. You saw how the party inauguration was ignored by some important party members? This is political survival for some and they are ready to fight to death. You see what internal sabotage did to APC in Osu? Pretend to work for your party in the day while scheming witht the opposition in the night.

I know PDP holds down Isoko but Onowakpo will easily win (you can't take away tribal politics from Nigeria). He just needs big margins and the blessings of the ijaws to come out victorious. As for Amori, the election will be tough for him, as we speak Delta Central is almost in the hand of the opposition. Ethiope west and some few LGAs can't fully push him to the chambers. Agege needs the Senate seat as a fallback.

Vote buying alone can't give you those numbers. There is something we can't place our hands on.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2022
Efewestern:

We can't use electoral figure to weigh the population of any group. Even the census conducted way back in 2006 was highly manipulated not to talk of voting numbers. In every town in Delta aside Asaba and Agbor, the Isokos always come behind the Urhobos. Also take a look at voter registration in Delta state you would see that Isoko north and south registered one of the highest figures.

The crisis is what is giving the opposition party the edge. Ego and pride won't let so many key figures work together. You saw how the party inauguration was ignored by some important party members? This is political survival for some and they are ready to fight to death. You see what internal sabotage did to APC in Osu? Pretend to work for your party in the day while scheming witht the opposition in the night.

I know PDP holds down Isoko but Onowakpo will easily win (you can't take away tribal politics from Nigeria). He just needs big margins and the blessings of the ijaws to come out victorious. As for Amori, the election will be tough for him, as we speak Delta Central is almost in the hand of the opposition. Ethiope west and some few LGAs can't fully push him to the chambers. Agege needs the Senate seat as a fallback.

Vote buying alone can't give you those numbers. There is something we can't place our hands on.
Tribal politics doesn't work all the time.
In 2019, Udaughan lost even his LGA to an ijaw man.
Party structure is the basic faction in consideration here.
You see Joel winning Isoko will render Isoko PDP useless and may result in electoral loses for PDP HOR and HOA candidates.
5/5 is the mantra.
Central... How did you come to conclude opposition has it?
Uvwie and Udu , the two parties are almost on par( I know you are urhobo right? Pls confirm if the status quo has changed and I'm not updated on the recent happenings )
Ughelli North is DSP home.
PDP is strong in Ughelli South,Sapele,Okpe and Ethiope west.
Internal sabotage helped the DSP in the last election.
Ibori men worked for DSP because Amori lost the primaries to Oboro.
Agege contesting for governor is a step taken too far...He should have gone to senate.
Vote buying works...I agree with you though that it can't bring those huge sums.
On Isoko, I'll check later but there's was a massive increments in guber election compared to the presidential election last election season.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Orukomeno: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2022
Omo Agege the next governor of DELTA state

1 Like

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Almaigaa: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:

nlfpm

This one na Peter Obi's supporters dey talk. Delta is PDP and PDP is Delta.

1 Like

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Almaigaa: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2022
naijapips04:

grin na for your nyash e dey cum?

grin grin

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Efewestern: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2022
Aiel123:

Tribal politics doesn't work all the time.
In 2019, Udaughan lost even his LGA to an ijaw man.
Party structure is the basic faction in consideration here.
You see Joel winning Isoko will render Isoko PDP useless and may result in electoral loses for PDP HOR and HOA candidates.
5/5 is the mantra.
Central... How did you come to conclude opposition has it?
Uvwie and Udu , the two parties are almost on par( I know you are urhobo right? Pls confirm if the status quo has changed and I'm not updated on the recent happenings )
Ughelli North is DSP home.
PDP is strong in Ughelli South,Sapele,Okpe and Ethiope west.
Internal sabotage helped the DSP in the last election.
Ibori men worked for DSP because Amori lost the primaries to Oboro.
Agege contesting for governor is a step taken too far...He should have gone to senate.
Vote buying works...I agree with you though that it can't bring those huge sums.
On Isoko, I'll check later but there's was a massive increments in guber election compared to the presidential election last election season.

Tribal politics work almost all the time in Nigeria. In 2019 Uduaghan polled 125k votes while manager garnered 258k and only lost his Warri North due to the heavy Ijaw presence in the LGA, also remember that Itsekiri has no 100% LGA unlike Isokos that 100% dominate Isoko North and South.

Now is Agege's best shot. His chances are quite low but if the crisis continues in the PDP, he did come out with something.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by SadiqBabaSani: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Me Omoagege Zombies?

Oru'eh na im you be.

I used to support PDP those days but that party has disrespected southern Nigeria and they need to laearn the hard way, besides me saying I support Joel of APC doesn't mean I susport Agege.

From what I have seen Agege is just like a noise maker, he talks about industrial clusters without telling us how, where and when.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 10:31am On Nov 13, 2022
Efewestern:

Tribal politics work almost all the time in Nigeria. In 2019 Uduaghan polled 125k votes while manager garnered 258k and only lost his Warri North due to the heavy Ijaw presence in the LGA, also remember that Itsekiri has no 100% LGA unlike Isokos that 100% dominate Isoko North and South.

Now is Agege's best shot. His chances are quite low but if the crisis continues in the PDP, he did come out with something.
I know tribal politics works but a robust party structure complements it.
You know if sdp had fielded Onowakpo,he would have lost even in Isoko.
That's my point.( APC has structure to some extent)
My own worry for Sherrif is internal sabotage... Else than that he's good to go.
How do you see the central voting in the guber polls?
I do hope I'm not stressing you.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Me Omoagege Zombies?

Oru'eh na im you be.

I used to support PDP those days but that party has disrespected southern Nigeria and they need to laearn the hard way, besides me saying I support Joel of APC doesn't mean I susport Agege.

From what I have seen Agege is just like a noise maker, he talks about industrial clusters without telling us how, where and when.

How is Joel strength in Isoko land?
Who is currently the arrow head of Isoko politics?
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Efewestern: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Aiel123:

My own worry for Sherrif is internal sabotage... Else than that he's good to go.

For central, here is my prediction

Guber - Agege
presidential - Obi
Senate - Undecided
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Honjoshy4u: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Me Omoagege Zombies?

Oru'eh na im you be.

You now sound more confused.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by SadiqBabaSani: 11:27am On Nov 13, 2022
Efewestern:

Guber - Agege
presidential - Obi
Senate - Undecided

You are reading the mood correctly jhor
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by SadiqBabaSani: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

You now sound more confused.
what protrays confusion, 2023 is about personalities and not just parties, how does that show confusion, commot for road abeg
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by 175(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2022
One of una here dey sound like ugagatalks.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by Aiel123: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Efewestern:

Guber - Agege
presidential - Obi
Senate - Undecided

I'm utterly surprised on presidential...
Sorry to bother you: what indices you factored into arriving at that.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:

nlfpm
joel will fail.Obi will fail.delta will be delta and heaven will not fall.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

bros leave this ppl.emergency unit of fmc go full the eve when they announce election results.i just Dey look them Dey laugh.
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Op better save your tears till Feb after obi don loose election,ode op what electoral value does obi that can't win any election for his party since he left Apga have?you go com nairaland they yarn dust thinking everyone here is as stupid and foolish as you
bros I Dey look them.they didn’t listen to soludo.i have never seen where someone will want to win Nigeria and has not won his state.not even a councilor is loyal to Obi in anambra.obidents are delusional
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by SadiqBabaSani: 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2022
highchief1:
bros I Dey look them.they didn’t listen to soludo.i have never seen where someone will want to win Nigeria and has not won his state.not even a councilor is loyal to Obi in anambra.obidents are delusional
how many Governors where loyal Atiku when he lost in 2019? pls tell

Was PDP not in power when it lost power in 2015? I think it is you PDP and APC guys that will be shocked because it will be too hard to believe OBI won, but that would be yhe reality

3 Likes

Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2022
Almaigaa:

This one na Peter Obi's supporters dey talk. Delta is PDP and PDP is Delta.
what of house of assembly members that are running under labor party?
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
Aiel123:

im enjoying the analysis God go bless una.why is nobody talking about labor party candidates running for house of assembly and reps.can’t they use Obi name to cross over?
Re: PDP Delta Crisis: On Uduaghan's Endorsement Of Okowa, Sherriff by highchief1: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
how many Governors where loyal Atiku when he lost in 2019? pls tell

Was PDP not in power when it lost power in 2015? I think it is you PDP and APC guys that will be shocked because it will be too hard to believe OBI won, but that would be yhe reality
ok sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Ilorin Born Cleric Rejected Tinubu, Atiku And Endorsed Mr. Peter Obi / South African Mercenaries Aiding Killings In IGBOLAND... / Peter Obi Campaign Rally In Gusau, Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.