Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 (418 Views)

How Many Creators Are There In Islam? Is Allah One Creator Or Are They Triune? / The Watchtower And Colossians 1 V 16 / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Niklaus398: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2022
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, weather thrones or dominions or rulers or authority- all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:15-17.

Happy Sunday Guys, please I'll like to understand this verse.
Is this verse saying Jesus is the creator or what?

Muslims can contribute too.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by hisgrace090: 6:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Out of God came Jesus.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by GardenOfGod(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2022
He is the Creator

Christ Created and Sustains the World (Hebrews 1:1–2:8 )
Critical to the theology in Hebrews is that Christ created and sustains the world. He is the Son “through whom [God] also created the worlds” (Heb. 1:2). Therefore, Hebrews is a book about Christ, the creator, at work in his workplace, the creation. This may be surprising to some who are used to thinking of the Father alone as creator. But Hebrews is con­sistent with the rest of the New Testament (e.g., John 1:3; Col. 1:15–17) in naming Christ as the Father’s agent in creation.[1] Because Christ is fully God, “the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being” (Heb. 1:3), the writer of Hebrews can refer interchangeably to Christ or the Father as the Creator.

How then does Hebrews portray Christ at work in the creation? He is a builder, founding the earth and constructing the heavens. “In the beginning, Lord, you founded the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands” (Heb. 1:10). Moreover, he sustains the present creation, bearing “all things by his powerful word” (Heb. 1:3). “All things,” of course, includes us as well: “For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God . . . and we are his house if we hold firm” (Heb. 3:4, 6). All of creation is built by God through his Son. This strongly af­firms the creation as the primary place of God’s presence and salvation.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by sidney22: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2022
In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD.

HE was in the beginning with GOD.

All things were made through HIM and without HIM nothing was made that was made.

In HIM was life and the life was the light of men

And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John 1 : 1-5

Here is your answer.

1 Like

Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by tctrills: 7:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Niklaus398:
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, both in the heavens and on Earth, visible and invisible, weather thrones or dominions or rulers or authority- all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:15-17.

It is clearly stated that he is the creator. It said all things were created by him.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Righteousness2(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2022
The summary of that scripture is that JESUS IS GOD.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by muyico(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2022
Stop doubting ur faith! Ask 4 d intervention of HOLY SPIRIT 2 interpret his words to u more beta.dont rely on wot being said or saying
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by obonujoker(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2022
Both God the Father and the Lamb (Jesus Christ, also called God) created the world
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Niklaus398: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2022
GardenOfGod:
He is the Creator

Critical to the theology in Hebrews is that Christ created and sustains the world. He is the Son “through whom [God] also created the worlds” (Heb. 1:2). Therefore, Hebrews is a book about Christ, the creator, at work in his workplace, the creation. This may be surprising to some who are used to thinking of the Father alone as creator. But Hebrews is con­sistent with the rest of the New Testament (e.g., John 1:3; Col. 1:15–17) in naming Christ as the Father’s agent in creation.[1] Because Christ is fully God, “the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being” (Heb. 1:3), the writer of Hebrews can refer interchangeably to Christ or the Father as the Creator.

How then does Hebrews portray Christ at work in the creation? He is a builder, founding the earth and constructing the heavens. “In the beginning, Lord, you founded the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands” (Heb. 1:10). Moreover, he sustains the present creation, bearing “all things by his powerful word” (Heb. 1:3). “All things,” of course, includes us as well: “For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God . . . and we are his house if we hold firm” (Heb. 3:4, 6). All of creation is built by God through his Son. This strongly af­firms the creation as the primary place of God’s presence and salvation.
so in other words, Jesus is the world creator since he is the Word which God used to create the world. I get now.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Niklaus398: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2022
GardenOfGod:
He is the Creator

so in other words, Jesus is the world creator since he is the Word which God used to create the world. I get now.

A Muslim here, any objection to this?.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 10:29am On Nov 13, 2022
Niklaus398:

No , Jesus Christ is not the Creator.

2 Simple illustrations.
You used sand to sculpt a bust of Chinua Achebe.
Is the sand a Creator?

You used a bricklayer to build your house.
Do you say to your friends "I built my house"?
Oga, LEARN... grin

1 Corinthians 8:6, God his Father is the Creator.
Hebrews 1:2,God Created the universe THROUGH His Son.

Hebrews 1:10, the Lord there is God his Father.
Matthew 11:25, Jesus Christ agreed that Creator is God his Father.

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is the first born Creature of his Father.

1 Like

Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2022
Niklaus398:

Yes!

Then He has His Father, The One Who Spoke eg 'Let there be light"!

1 Like

Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Janosky:

No , Jesus Christ is not the Creator.

2 Simple illustrations.
You used sand to sculpt a bust of Chinua Achebe.
Is the sand a Creator?

You used a bricklayer to build your house.
Do you say to your friends "I built my house"?
Oga, LEARN... grin

1 Corinthians 8:6, God his Father is the Creator.
Hebrews 1:2,God Created the universe THROUGH His Son.

Hebrews 1:10, the Lord there is God his Father.
Matthew 11:25, Jesus Christ agreed that Creator is God his Father.

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is the first born Creature of his Father.

True, His Father Rules and Gives The Command of creating but The Lord is The One Commanded to do the creating.

As He told us, "He does His Father's Will (Command) John 5:19

So, no issue here!
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by haekymbahd(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2022
Niklaus398:

lol... Satan trying to give Jesus portion of what he created

Mathew 4
Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain and he showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence and he said to him, “All these I shall give to you if you will prostrate yourself and worship me.” At this, Jesus said to him, “Get away Satan! It is written: The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve.” Then the devil left him, and behold angels came and ministered to him.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2022
haekymbahd:
lol... Satan trying to give Jesus portion of what he created

Mathew 4
Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain and he showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence and he said to him, “All these I shall give to you if you will prostrate yourself and worship me.” At this, Jesus said to him, “Get away Satan! It is written: The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve.” Then the devil left him, and behold angels came and ministered to him.

grin imagine!

That bastard is too evil. Imagine, a bastard trying to sell one of my flats in my block of flats to me!

O Jesus dey endure o. I for don kill Satan since.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes!

Then He has His Father, The One Who Spoke eg 'Let there be light"!
Matthew 11:25, Matthew 19:4-5, from the mouth of Jesus, his Father is the Creator.

1 Corinthians 8:6, from the mouth of the apostle converted by Jesus Christ.
grin
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2022
Janosky:

Matthew 11:25, Matthew 19:4-5, from the mouth of Jesus, his Father is the Creator.

1 Corinthians 8:6, from the mouth of the apostle converted by Jesus Christ.
grin

Understandable! A case of giving respect to Whom respect is owed.

Julius Berger must pay respect to govt who commanded it to build the Niger Bridges. But when we talk about the building of the Niger bridges, we all must talk about Julie Berg. Its as simple as that.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

True, His Father Rules and Gives The Command of creating but The Lord is The One Commanded to do the creating.

As He told us, "He does His Father's Will (Command) John 5:19

So, no issue here!
Jesus, from Genesis to Revelation,is not the Creator.
His Superior, the Father is the Creator. He created Jesus his first born, Colossians 1:15, Genesis 49:3.

Shalom.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by haekymbahd(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin imagine!

That bastard is too evil. Imagine, a bastard trying to sell one of my flats in my block of flats to me!

O Jesus dey endure o. I for don kill Satan since.

It is only because Satan knew Jesus wasn't the creator. According to the bible it claim everything was created through the word (Jesus).

That means Jesus wasn't the creator but a medium for Creation. The creator is the one who created everything through the word.

So it is logical that Satan would want to give Jesus kingdom of the world since he was only a medium for creation and not the creator himself?

Bible logic.....
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Jesuschristus: 11:51am On Nov 13, 2022
Jesus is not God ,he is never the creator.
John 14 vs 18;You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Can a powerful God,the creator of this world really be killed by his own creation?
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Understandable! A case of giving respect to Whom respect is owed.

Julius Berger must pay respect to govt who commanded it to build the Niger Bridges. But when we talk about the building of the Niger bridges, we all must talk about Julie Berg. Its as simple as that.

The Govt OWNS the Bridge, hence the Govt built it.

Nobody says Julius Berger built the Niger bridge for £10M.
Rather,it is the Govt built the Niger bridge for £10M grin
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2022
haekymbahd:
It is only because Satan knew Jesus wasn't creator. According to the bible it claim everything was created through Jesus...

We have already seen and experienced it that Satan would definitely sell you your flat in your block of flats if given a chance.

So you are talking rubbish.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2022
haekymbahd:
It is only because Satan knew Jesus wasn't the creator. According to the bible it claim everything was created through the word (Jesus).

That means Jesus wasn't the creator but a medium for Creation. The creator is the one who created everything through the word.

So it is logical that Satan would want to give Jesus kingdom of the world since he was only a medium for creation and not the creator himself?

Bible logic.....

Good !
James 1:13-15,No one tempts God.

Shalom.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2022
Janosky:

The Govt OWNS the Bridge, hence the Govt built it...

There is still no problem we all know who get the bridge and who build am. See thief thief! You kon sneak moni enter am. grin when all these things no be issue.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Janosky: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We have already seen and experienced it that Satan would definitely sell you your flat in your block of flats if given a chance.

So you are talking rubbish.

True gospel of the holy scriptures.

Created THROUGH him (Jesus). John 1:3. Heb1:2.
Any scripture you check, THROUGH him.
Greek dia antou"
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by Dtruthspeaker: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Janosky:

Jesus, from Genesis to Revelation,is not the Creator.
His Superior, the Father is the Creator. He created Jesus his first born, Colossians 1:15, Genesis 49:3.

Shalom.

Repeating yourself won't change anything, we already know and understand

1 Like

Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by sonmvayina(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
No...

It is Eledumare and his son sonmuayina that created the universe.

I was there.

I was the one who gave you guys fish brain. So that you can not think and find out the truth.
Re: Help: Is Jesus The Creator Or What According To Colossians 1:15 by GardenOfGod(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2022
Niklaus398:

Yes. Jesus is the Creator

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 17th Edition Of The Experience 17 Held In Lagos (photos, Video) / The Terrible Truth About John Paul II (part 2) / Prophecy For 2023 From Celica Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.