Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset (2312 Views)

FA Cup Fifth Round Draws / Atletico Sign Joao Felix For £113m In Fifth Most Expensive Transfer In History / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Alex Pereira upset Israel Adesanya with a knockout in the fifth round. Before that, Dustin Poirier beat Michael Chandler with a choke, and Zhang Weili won a 115-pound title over Carla Esparza the same way.

Alex Pereira defeated Israel Adesanya via technical knockout in the fifth round to claim the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s middleweight title, ending Adesanya’s reign atop the division and likely setting up a rematch sometime in the future.

Pereira wins via technical knockout. Adesanya slipped, tried to recover and then retreated to the fence, where Pereira caught him and tagged him with punches. It ends Adesanya’s title reign at six defenses and likely sets up a rematch sometime soon.

Adesanya takes Round 4. Controlled the clinch and did more work with grappling against the fence. Pereira is likely down 3-1 and will need a finish.

Round 3 goes 10-9 for Adesanya. The fight between two kickboxers somehow ended on the ground, but Adesanya ended up on top in the clinch against the fence and in full mount toward the end, and also landed a kick to the abdomen. Made Pereira feel most of his weight for the bulk of that round.

From the cageside view, Alex Pereira is noticeably bigger than Adesanya, and he is not afraid to stand up with him like most of his recent opponents, just as Adesanya predicted.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/12/sports/ufc-281-results.amp.html

Mukina2.
Mynd44.
Dominique.
Seun.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2022
So disappointing......

GAME OVER.
ADESANYA LOST.
SO DISAPPOINTING.

snapshot:
who is leading so far
Perreira gave him some couple of blows,
He caught Adesanya in some good places,
He had to give up.
He rained like 7 to 8 blows on him.

Again,
MATCH OVER.

Damn it!!!

snapshot:
how now
It happened do quickly at the last round.
The blows just rushed in....

hinograce:
Adesanyan had the game. He let his guard down. He needed to continue in that momentum
You are right with that Grace.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Zonefree(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2022
Another one.

Did Israel meet Buhari or any of his representative recently?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Eriggs: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2022
Zonefree:
Another one.

Mumu question as usual

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by psalmz(m): 7:25am On Nov 13, 2022
Pained me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by alsudan: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2022
First AJ, then Kamaru Usman and now the Last Style Bender.

What APC cannot destroy does not exist.

World Cup Nko, as usual APC destroy that one too

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2022
2022 is not a good year for Nigerian sportsmen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Nov 13, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:
2022 is not a good year for Nigerian sportsmen
We hope to bounce back next year.

But it was this girl's year this year,
What's her name again?!
The fastest woman in Nigeria et al...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by JASONjnr(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Israel was doing fine until his story began to reach Nigeria and village people dialed him up...

Someone predicted this fight and he was right about it....

Isreal is a fighter and remains the champ!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by ouzo1(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2022
Dat Perriera guy na wicked person, see as e mend Izzy for the last round like say e steal blockos for Market.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2022
JASONjnr:
Israel was doing fine until his story began to reach Nigeria and village people dialed him up...

Someone predicted this fight and his was very true about it....

Isreal is a fighter and remains the champ!
Wow!
What a positive comment about Nigeria from you in a long while.
Keep it up Jason,
Our Darling fine Bobo kiss

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Creamypie(m): 7:32am On Nov 13, 2022
Even referee na agberoah
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Neddstark: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2022
Big mouth and unnecessary ego na him dey finish Nigerians for combat sports. If you think I am joking, ask
Samuel Peter
Anthony Joshua
Kamaru Usman
Israel Adesanya

Ever since Israel humilated that Brazilian fighter like he was screwing him from behind, he earned my dislike. That was madness.

But what I am sure of is that Kamaru Usman will rise again. He's a cool technical fighter.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:32am On Nov 13, 2022
Creamypie:
Even referee na agberoah
What's agberoah biko?!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33am On Nov 13, 2022
ouzo1:
Dat Perriera guy na wicked person, see as e mend Izzy for the last round like say e steal blockos for Market.
Haba!
This is not fair o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by ouzo1(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2022
post=118347028:

Haba!
This is not fair o!

Baba na me beat am?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by JASONjnr(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2022
post=118346985:

Wow!
What a positive comment about Nigeria from you in a long while.
Keep it up Jason,
Our Darling fine Bobo kiss

I've always been very positive about my country....

Never been supportive of bad people like Buhari and Tinubu.

You can't tell me that you're enjoying the mess that this country is.... You can't tell me that you're happy with the way things are. So if I go against this, you term me a negative minded person?

Well...If you're fine by it and still intend voting another old man to ruin this country, sane Nigerians will use their voters card to make a difference this time around.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by JoeRizzla(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Too bad.
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by owobokiri(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Adesanya is my guy.
I have always admired his afrocentric views.
I think he gave the Parreira guy too much respect. Maybe because the guy defeated him before. He seemed nervous and that doesn't help in combat sports.
All the same, as one ages in this type of sport, your stamina and reflexes start to dwindle too.
I think he should forget the rematch and retire.
He has already made a big name for himself
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by ALTERNATEID: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Not a good year for Nigeria in boxing and MMA. Joshua, Usman and now Israel. It is so painful because they all lost narrowly. Both Usman and Israel were leading on all judges card before the last minute knockout. Hopefully, they will be back and better in 2023.
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2022
First, I must say I watch the fight LIVE and it's very obvious that Pereira is the strongest fighter. Izzy almost ended it in the first but Bell saves Alex.
Izzy shot himself in the foot. Why because he shouldn't have engaged Pereira in wrestling. It exhausted his evergy which gives Pereira ample time to recover and strike.
I don't see Izzy taking a rematch soonest.

The only person that can challenge Pereira is someone with a Good wrestling skills.. Pereira isn't good at that..
Let's see as the division unfolds.

But nawa o, It's Kamaru last few months, now it's Izzy..
Francis Nganou will be like ... ""shit! I'm not fighting till 2090. �

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2022
Zonefree:
Another one.

It's because he wore a GREEN shorts and his entrance Music sounds like someone who has already given up already. Same song Anderson Silva the SPIDER used when he lost to Izzy back in 2019 or so
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Kingjay007: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2022
Crazy fight.

The Spirits deserted him!
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2022
Neddstark:
Big mouth and unnecessary ego na him dey finish Nigerians for combat sports. If you think I am joking, ask
Samuel Peter
Anthony Joshua
Kamaru Usman
Israel Adesanya

Ever since Israel humilated that Brazilian fighter like he was screwing him from behind, he earned my dislike. That was madness.

But what I am sure of is that Kamaru Usman will rise again. He's a cool technical fighter.

You're in combat sport and you're not mouted?? Come-on,. It's part of the spot! Else, you'll be downgraded by one little flittery fighter wey u fit destroy with a single Punch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Mintum: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2022
The ref stopped the fight too early, Adesanya was not out, he slipped while trying to step back from a punch and he immediately tried to get his balance, his opponent saw an opening and landed heavy punches which hurt Adesanya but he didn't fall, he stayed on his feet yet the ref rushed in to stop the fight. And BTW, Adesanya was winning the fight easily until he got caught with that punch in the final round.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Eriggs: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2022
JASONjnr:

I've always been very positive about my country....

Never been supportive of bad people like Buhari and Tinubu.

You can't tell me that you're enjoying the mess that this country is.... You can't tell me that you're happy with the way things are. So if I go against this, you term me a negative minded person?

Well...If you're fine by it and still intend voting another old man to ruin this country, sane Nigerians will use their voters card to make a difference this time around.
Remember this is a sport thread Mr man.
Take your political bs to your politics thread.
Don't break Rule 1 of the forum.
Be guided you hear?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 7:53am On Nov 13, 2022
owobokiri:
Adesanya is my guy.
I think he gave the Parreira guy too much respect. Maybe because the guy defeated him before. He seemed nervous and that doesn't help in combat sports.
All the same, as one ages in this type of sport, your stamina and reflexes start to dwindle too.

Honestly speaking..

KHABIB is very wise.. if only Izzy had done same.. there are alot of upcoming ferocious fighters emerging in the division.
I don't see him winning a rematch self if he will even request. He should just retire and earn his Respect so he won't end up like Tyron woodley..he hasn't won a single match since he last lost his belt to the Nigerian Nightmare sometimes in 2019 or so

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Yungmil: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Neddstark:
Samuel Peter
Anthony Joshua
Kamaru Usman
Israel Adesanya

yea Usman should get his belt back. Izzy is good but once beaten twice shy. Dis Alex guy has beaten him twice at gloryhole kickboxing. So he was too cautious

1 Like

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Mintum: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2022
post=118346925:

We hope to bounce back next year.

But it was this girl's year this year,
What's her name again?!
The fastest woman in Nigeria et al...
Tobi Amusan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Mintum:
The ref stopped the fight too early, Adesanya was not out, he slipped while trying to step back from a punch and he immediately tried to get his balance, his opponent saw an opening and landed heavy punches which hurt Adesanya but he didn't fall, he stayed on his feet yet the ref rushed in to stop the fight. And BTW, Adesanya was winning the fight easily until he got caught with that punch in the final round.

TBH.. that's a Good stoppage and IZZY Bowed out in style...

It's obvious ALEX was the stronger opponent. Get him a grabber/wrestler and watch as they finish Alex in 1st round.
Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
Mintum:

Tobi Amusan
Yeah!
Thanks sir!!

This was her year.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING : Pereira Knocks Out Adesanya In Fifth Round For Upset by Yungmil: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2022
owobokiri:
Adesanya is my guy.
yea exactly he respected d guy too much. U won't blame him cos d guy has beaten him twice B4. But he shouldn't retire instead he should go khabibs camp and learn more grappling, ground and pound and takedown. If he can improve on those skills he will finish dis guy in d rematch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Talked About Anthony Joshua's Yesterday Match? / 2005/2006 UEFA Champions League / Who Is More Popular, David Beckham? Or Tiger Woods?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.