Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,014 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Visa For Natives - God Bless Nigeria & Africa! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa For Natives - God Bless Nigeria & Africa! (232 Views)

I Asked Russians To Tell Me The Capital Of Nigeria (africa Trivia Pictures) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Visa For Natives - God Bless Nigeria & Africa! by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2022
Maybe the right people will see this.

Generally, it will be very beneficial to the Nigerian govt to have a visa free system for Nigerian born (as evidenced in their foreign passports) that are trying to come back home to visit their native country - Nigeria. Alternatively, the country should at least have/create a special kind of visa that is more or less automatic, stress-free, and not treat diaspora Nigerians as "REAL" foreigners. People actually emigrate their native country due to the unfortunate Nigeria/Africa-at-large situations. Subjecting the few that are trying to come back home to unnecessary visa stress is a way to discourage which will make the country economy miss out on those Dollars/Euros/Pounds/OtherCurrencies that the struggling country could use. It is very unwise for Nigeria govt to celebrate the successes/achievements of their Nigerians in diaspora but have her embassies treat the same "citizens" as complete foreigners.

Now this is a personal cry for help to the Nigerian govt or Qatar Nigerian Embassy to please issue my visa or at least return my passport if they deny visa. All required documents were provided, visa payment was done, and it is unfair to be waiting 2weeks and counting without any news. The embassy initially assured me that they do complete visa processing & issuance within 48hours of required documents submission.

For a complete background to those online, I am a US official who is also Yoruba Nigerian born/raised. I still keep all native identities which are very evident to the Embassy. I respectfully assure Ambassador Yakubu Ahmed and Mr Musa Abubakar (Consular head) that I pose no threat and do meet all criteria to get a Nigerian visa. We both know that I currently work in Qatar as a US Official, and that I am able to either travel visa free or easily get the visas to most (if not all) countries of the world.

God bless Nigeria and Africa at large. The visa "native" treatment issue is not synonymous to just Nigeria alone, it seems it is actually an African-wide problem. May God help the continent leaders think right so that they can further develop, help their citizens, both at home and abroad.

Thanks everyone!

(1) (Reply)

Know Before You Travel To Orlando With Southwest / Mc Oluomo Bans Tax Collection In Some Parts Of Lagos After Protest By Transporte / Going To The Nigeria High Commission In London With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.