Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor (2155 Views)

I Am Richer Than Dangote – Ghanaian (Dwarf) Shortest Man Speaks / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him / Why Dangote’s Failed Paste Factory Should Give Buhari More Headache Than Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Starpotter2: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2022
30-year-old Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Months Ago Becomes Poor After Cryptocurrency Crashes

Sam Bankman-Fried, 30, one of the youngest billionaires in the world, lost all of his wealth in eight months, going from $26 billion (N11.4 trillion) to zero.

After declaring bankruptcy in the United States of America, Bankman-Fried loses his status as a billionaire or millionaire.

Bankman-Fried, who is today worth nothing, abandoned his position as CEO when his company's bankruptcy was announced.

A few months earlier, Bankman-net Fried's worth surpassed $26 billion, while the value of his business, FTX, peaked at $32 billion at the end of the previous year.

In March 2022, the Bloomberg Billionaire Index had Bankman-Fried rated five positions ahead of Aliko Dangote, and Forbes had referred to him as a crypto genius in its list of crypto billionaires.

But during the past two weeks, the value of cryptocurrencies has sharply fallen by more than 20%, wiping billions from investment accounts.

Following Bankman-fall Fried's from grace, checks showed that his name had been omitted from the Forbes and Bloomberg wealthy lists.

In response to the news, Bankman-Fried updated his Twitter account and stated: "This doesn't necessarily have to mean the end for the companies or their ability to primarily provide value and funds to their customers, and can be consistent with other routes.

Finally, I have faith that Mr. Ray and others will contribute to making the best possible arrangements.

Once more, I apologize for bringing us to this location. Let's hope a solution for recovery may be found. With any luck, this will increase their level of governance, transparency, and trust. I hope that in the end, customers will benefit more.

I'm going to start working on outlining the situation with user recovery as soon as possible.

I'm piecing everything together, but I was surprised to see events fall apart the way they did earlier this week.

He promised to write up a more thorough piece about the play-by-play "shortly, but I want to make sure that I do it properly when I do."

The most popular cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, has lost 52% of its value since the start of the crypto crash, it has been revealed.

According to experts, the then-rising US dollar and inflation contributed to the crash in part because they drove many traders to engage in massive sell-offs that forced many exchanges to halt withdrawals.

As the crash worsens and the market value of Bitcoin falls even faster, many traders in Nigeria are tallying their losses.

SOURCE: https:///30-year-old-billionaire-who-was-richer-than-dangote-8-months-ago-becomes-poor-after-cryptocurrency-crashes/

1 Like

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Starpotter2: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2022
Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Seun
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by samsard(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Imagine comparing paper valuation of an asset like crypto & crypto exchange to real world assets like the ones Dangote owns. The craziness of capitalism.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by madridguy(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Cryptocurrency to me is just like MMM.

1 Like

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Wawelexy(m): 10:43am On Nov 13, 2022
A wealthy gambler or a wealthy person who's into crypto and it likes is akin to temporal wealth... it just like someone who they ask to help keep some money, when the time comes, he or she would return it...

1 Like

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by backnbeta(f): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2022
Without the government's support, Dangote would probably not be on that list in the first place. Let's give it to young folks trying to make names for themselves on their own- home and abroad

14 Likes

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by GuyWise101(m): 11:15am On Nov 13, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Crypto keeps showing people shege

1 Like

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Stephen0mozzy: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2022
backnbeta:
Without the government's support, Dangote would probably not be on that list in the first place. Let's give it to young folks trying to make names for themselves on their own- home and abroad

Bless you! They frustrate every possibility of real competition to ensure he enjoys ultimate monopoly

8 Likes

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Buharidgeneral: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022
Crypto !!! !then I stopped reading
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by willian10: 11:27am On Nov 13, 2022
Crypto can make u a millionaire

….if u are a billionaire grin

2 Likes

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by emee701(m): 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
Sam bankman, scammer who elopes with investors money using hacking and bankruptcy as a decoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Prudoh(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2022
emee701:
Sam bankman, scammer who elopes with investors money using hacking and bankruptcy as a decoy
That's my thought... He will not have gone broke that much
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by HolyPussy: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
I read that the idiot gave the money to his bitch so that she can gamble with it all.

And that's exactly what she did.
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by mytime24(f): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Through internet it came
And through internet it left
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
Mehnnnnn, hope guy man no go commit suicide like dis. From billionaire to nothing?

1 Like

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by michlins(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
backnbeta:
if it's easy, get government to support you and your ideas

2 Likes

Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Bimpe29: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
That's really a typical difference between real asset and fictitious asset.
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by lildonn222: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
mine privok and get upto 25 usdt for free
https://www.privok.in/ref/code/r185476C

lf you are lucky to get rich please stay rich 'I don't have ' is the worse phrase to come out of one's mouth .May he found his footing.
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by bhella10: 4:29am On Nov 14, 2022
backnbeta:
They have started... undecided
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by R2bees2: 6:48am On Nov 14, 2022
madridguy:
Cryptocurrency to me is just like MMM.
So this guy is still on here. NL suppose don give you a chieftaincy title.
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by R2bees2: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2022
backnbeta:
Don't mind them, As if FG didn't fund some of his projects, if not all sef. That didn't stop there, I have read how FG secretly eliminates his competitors from the market.
Re: Young Billionaire Who Was Richer Than Dangote 8 Month Ago Become Poor by Jeon(f): 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

CBN Re-introduces Wholesale Dutch Auction / Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? / Help! Firs Said My Company Must Pay P. O. L.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.