Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better (21923 Views)

Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video) / Aregbesola: Killers Have Joined APC, We Won't Relate With Them / Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by BlackMan6969(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Kingspin(m): 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
If all Nigerians can get sense?
Some of these brainwashing talks will stop.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Tarzsl: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Meaning we will rob and scam you so well you won't even know you're being robbed grin
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by MansoryMX(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2022
Do which better? Look at the economy!

May God punish you, your drug generation, followers and Lastly Buhari!

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Nonywendy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-nigerians-shouldnt-give-up-on-apc-well-do-better/amp
APC is still in power, use this small time left to prove that to us not by plenty talk
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Confirm4real(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
Yet Buhari and his cabals said APC is doing well, why misquoting them na of not doing better

Unless Buhari comes out to apologise to Nigerians for his failures, otherwise...

We're sorry sir our minds are made up after knowing the full meaning of APC.

Administrating

Pains

Commission

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by ComeToJesus: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-nigerians-shouldnt-give-up-on-apc-well-do-better/amp

We done with you mate! We done!
You destroyed a beautiful country.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Tochj(m): 4:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
That's a good start
Apologize to Nigerians for the mess you put us, not asking for votes.
Like Pa Bat said"No one want failures"
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Reyhzor(m): 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
KanuSE:
Tinubu shouldn't worry bcoz Nigerians have a short memory and more so love their oppressors. grin

I swr they prefer big old criminals.
Later they'll come here to complain
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by okorieJonah: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
Thunder fire all the APC's, Mr Agbado, u know u are not going anyway, 2015, u promise Nigeria's heaven nd earth and it turned to Afghanistan far, now u have d mind to say what again, shaa u r playing with ur generation bah, God will punish u and that ur big mouth.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by onuman: 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
APC was bad, Tinubu made it worse with his Muslim-Muslim ticket.
Who wants to wait for good to come out of APC?
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Judybash93(m): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2022
Y'all need to watch "Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From druglord to presidential candidate"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GuOZniIE5w
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by MoneyMustBMade(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2022
rickleye:

Exactly my point below yours! I am not sure its a north thing. The north is only as strong because the South West and East do not see eye to eye. The South west seem to trust a northerner over a South East.

Yeah
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Bimpe29: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
There's always room for improvement.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Ken4Christ: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tinubu looks arrogant to me. He will lead like a dictator. And he may not have the strength to rule for even the first four years. And what happens when he passes on is better imagined than experienced.

Never again.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by GeneralDae: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
my dear the media should be blamed for all these

Their silence shows that they are fully in support of the man and his party
AIT brought this drug matter up in 2014. Tinubu took them to court. It was a serious case and when they saw they may have to pay Billions, they apologised and settled out of court.
This is the reason the major media houses today are careful. If you don't have facts you can defend to the latter in court then you thread with caution.
The likes of Sahara Reporters or People Gazette are not serious media houses in the eyes of APC so it doesn't matter if they peddle the news.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Phantom233: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tinubu has said it before..."I will continue from where Buhari stopped" my question is where did Buhari stopped? this is sacarsm. Buhari stopped at the brink of total collapse of our economy so Tinubu will simply collapse the entire economy from his words.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2022
Thunder fire you sir
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Phantom233: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tsaku001:
Atiku is the best option for this country.
It's unfortunate that some people don't even understand the systematic structure of politics in a complex society like Nigeria with so much tribalism. How you expect a northerner to hand over to another northerner after 8yrs? this is Democrat it will nevy happen else the unexpected will come. This is what automatically disqualifies Atiku. If PDP was a party that had conscience they won't have taken such wicked decision .
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by DeOTR: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kagd10:

Who told you? Who are the people who's going to vote Tinubu's Muslim Muslim ticket? The Hausa and Fulani who are camping behind Atiku?

Whereas with someone like Lalong, he can clear the whole North Central to add to the SW. These will be two zones in the bag for Tinubu. This is more than enough than Shettima's Yobe and Borno which aren't up to a zone since Atiku is campaigning.

Secondly, if you liked Tinubu, you wouldn't want him to score zero votes in South South for example and this will happen with double Muslim Muslim ticket.

Also, the likes of Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Wike have all promised to support Tinubu if he does away with double Muslim Muslim ticket.
Lalong has no influence beyond Plateau. I don't see how he'll influence voters in states like Niger, Kwara or Kogi for instance. Tinubu will win at least, 3 states in the NC and garner the required 25% in the rest, Muslims-muslim ticket or not.
While I'm not saying he should not work harder on NC, much work needs to be done in the NE and NW. Winning Borno and Yobe overwhelmingly is a plus (that's Atiku's zone).
Anyway you want to see it, I'm sure you know there's Hausa/Fulani in APC will not be willing to sacrifice their position in the party on the alter of Atiku Presidency. Those contesting for seats in the national assembly, whose elections take place same time as that of the President can not risk to be supporting Atiku, except of course, they are willing to lose to their counterpart in PDP. All you'll hear during their campaigns is for their supporters to vote for APC on the ballot.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by benqo01(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nigerians are already fed up with this useless party come 2023 LP is the change now
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by GeneralDae: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
Phantom233:
Tinubu has said it before..."I will continue from where Buhari stopped" my question is where did Buhari stopped? this is sacarsm. Buhari stopped at the brink of total collapse of our economy so Tinubu will simply collapse the entire economy from his words.
Buhari stopped at:

Siemens deal (ongoing)
Zungeru power plant (almost completed)
Lagos Ibadan railway
Lagos Ibadan expressway
2nd Niger Bridge
Rice produce reforms
Electoral law
Start up bill
Over 38 new helicopters for Army
AKK gas project (ongoing)
Sukuk bond
Anchors borrowers program
N Power

And so on and on and on. Tinubu would continue from this progress base.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by sulaak(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2022

I’ll build on Buhari’s legacies – Tinubu

If elected, Tinubu said he will identify with the legacies of Buhari and work in the spirit of unity, national purpose.

Tinubu said his government will be devoted to continuity, particularly of projects that will bring prosperity to the citizens, adding that his guiding principle will be hinged on providing the best of progressive governance and reform the nation.

He added that these three promises will be in furtherance to the nine priority areas of the Buhari administration.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/ill-build-on-buharis-legacies-tinubu/

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Phantom233: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Buhari stopped at:

Siemens deal (ongoing)
Lagos Ibadan railway
Lagos Ibadan expressway
2nd Niger Bridge
Rice produce reforms
Electoral law
Start up bill
Sukuk bond
N Power

you don't have anything reasonable on the writeup
All I see is a list of mediocre efforts which has nothing to do with the reality on ground in regards security, economy, education, healthcare, national unity etc vis a vis before he came

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by sulaak(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Buhari stopped at:

Siemens deal (ongoing)
Lagos Ibadan railway
Lagos Ibadan expressway
2nd Niger Bridge
Rice produce reforms
Electoral law
Start up bill
Sukuk bond
N Power

$42 billion external debt and rising
33% Unemployment
100 million in extreme poverty
Oil shortage
Oil thief
Importing dirty fuel
Mass corruption
Insecurity
Fulani Herders Militants
Nepotism
High Inflation

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Kagd10: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
DeOTR:

Lalong has no influence beyond Plateau. I don't see how he'll influence voters in states like Niger, Kwara or Kogi for instance. Tinubu will win at least, 3 states in the NC and garner the required 25% in the rest, Muslims-muslim ticket or not.
While I'm not saying he should not work harder on NC, much work needs to be done in the NE and NW. Winning Borno and Yobe overwhelmingly is a plus (that's Atiku's zone).
Anyway you want to see it, I'm sure you know there's Hausa/Fulani in APC will not be willing to sacrifice their position in the party on the alter of Atiku Presidency. Those contesting for seats in the national assembly, whose elections take place same time as that of the President can not risk to be supporting Atiku, except of course, they are willing to lose to their counterpart in PDP. All you'll hear during their campaigns is for their supporters to vote for APC on the ballot.

Like I already stated, First, Tinubu needs to do what's right to avoid any future issues hence he needs to do away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket.

Secondly, Lalong was formerly the chairman of North central region. He's also a two times governor. And you're saying he's got no influence? The only reason why his Plateau people are not feeling him despite being the DG is because First, they believe he shouldn't be a DG campaign for a double Muslim Muslim ticket and the fact that he should have been the VP candidate considering he's the only Christian Northern governor. That was why he jokingly replied them by saying the pope had not asked him to stop being a DG for a Muslim Muslim ticket.

Of course He's not done much as a governor but how many of the VP candidates have done much? If he's picked, his Plateau will support him. The whole North Central will also support him because he's from the political Zone.

Tinubu winning 2-3 states in the North Central isn't because of Shettima. It's because he's a SW man. Most Kwara, Kogi are kinda affiliated. maybe Niger too. Nasarawa could swing. The likes of Benue, Plateau, Fct won't even vote Tinubu. But With Lalong, he will sweep these sides. . Point is if Lalong is picked, the whole political zone of North central would join. NC plus NW are more than good enough for Tinubu.

Tinubu can then start to canvass for votes from other zones to join and since everyone is included, they're bound to support.

Secondly, Lalong will shut the whole double Muslim Muslim ticket noise and ensure Tinubu can be spread around to everyone. Some South South had promised to support Tinubu such as Cross River if he does away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket. Umahi's Ebonyi promised to support Tinubu if he does away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket. Likewise Wike's River. So what are you saying? Whatever votes Tinubu can get from the NE and NW, it will be added to it.

Point is Tinubu had no zone right now apart from SW zone. Yobe and Borno are not up to a zone since Atiku is contesting.

It's better Tinubu work on realities with two zones in bag such as NC and SW, instead of having 1 SW zone while banking on some utopia hope on the Hausa and Fulani who may end up betraying him like they did to Jonathan and Abiola (except Kano).

Lastly, you wouldn't want Tinubu to score zero votes in places such as South South because this will happen if Tinubu persists with the double Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by KennethEnyi(m): 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
God will punish you useless APC tinubu afonja bastards u what is to dash u another 4 years of our life so that you’ll keep making useless empty promises Abi
When will Nigeria develop and become reasonable is it when we are in our OLD AGE?!!!
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by DeOTR: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kagd10:

Like I already stated, Tinubu needs to do what's right to avoid any future issues hence he needs to do away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket.

Secondly, Lalong was formerly the chairman of North central region. He's also a two times governor. He's a North Central man. And you're saying he's got no influence? The only reason why his Plateau people are not feeling him despite being the DG is because First, they believe he shouldn't be a DG campaign for a double Muslim Muslim ticket and the fact that he should have been the VP considering he's the only Christian Northern governor. That was why he jokingly replied them by saying the pope had not asked him to stop being a DG for a Muslim Muslim ticket.

Of course He's also not done much as a governor but how many VP has done much? If he's picked, his Plateau will support him. The whole North Central will also support him because he's from the political Zone.

Tinubu winning 2-3 states in the North Central isn't because of Shettima. It's because he's a SW man. Most Kwara, Kogi and maybe Niger are kinda affiliated. Nasarawa could swing. The likes of Benue, Plateau, Fct won't even vote Tinubu. With Lalong, he will sweep these sides. . Point is if Lalong is picked, the whole political zone of North central would join. NC plus NW are more than good enough.

Tinubu can then start to canvasing for votes from other zones to join and since everyone is included, they're bound to support.

Secondly, Lalong will shut the whole double Muslim Muslim ticket noise and ensure Tinubu can be spread around to everyone. Some South South had promised to support Tinubu such as Cross River if he does away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket. Umahi's Ebonyi promised to support Tinubu if he does away with the double Muslim Muslim ticket. Likewise Wike's River. So what are you saying? Whatever votes Tinubu can get from the NE and NW, it will be added to it.

Point is Tinubu had no zone right now apart from SW zone. Yobe and Borno are not up to a zone.

It's better Tinubu work on realities with two zones in bag such as NC and SW, instead of having 1 SW zone while banking on some utopia hope on the Hausa and Fulani who may end up betraying him like they did to Jonathan and Abiola (except Kano).

Lastly, you wouldn't Tinubu to score zero votes in places such as South South because this will happen if Tinubu persists with the double Muslim Muslim ticket.
Well, I don't see anything good thing coming out of changing his VP now. It's OK if he loses in Plateau, Benue and FCT, so long he garner reasonable percentage in those states, but trust me, he can't sacrifice Yobe and Borno. The last election results will clear your doubts. Turnouts are always massive in those areas.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by GeneralDae: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
sulaak:

33% Unemployment
Oil shortage
Oil thief
Importing dirty fuel
Mass corruption
Insecurity
Fulani Herders Mi

litants
Nepotism
High Inflation

I thought the argument was that Buhari did nothing at all and there was no progress to continue from? Anyway let's discuss some of your points.

Debts are no problem if we continue to expand the tax net, stop subsidies, and complete gas projects.

33% Unemployment
This is bad but the COVID contributed too. Note that Nigerian Government did not lay off any Government worker during COVID-19 and even during 2016 recession.
This Government also brought in the N-power which many have benefited from.
Also, unemployment was always above 30% in this country. PDP's unemployment at 8% is impossible. We only got better with accumulating the data of unemployed people.

Some data says 73 million, some say 88 million, others 95 million, and you say it's 100 million. Whatever the case, I feel there is something wrong with data gathering here. Nigeria has 109 million people with access to phone and internet. An extremely poor person living below 1 dollar a day should not fall into this bracket in my opinion.
Transactions made online in the first 9 months of 2022 were said to be over 200 trillion naira (480 Billion dollars), also the top four Bier companies in Nigeria made over 1 Billion dollars in the first 6 months of this year.
Given all these facts, how can you say 100 million people out of 206 million people live below 1 dollar per day?
What is the figure for the active workforce of Nigeria or adults above 18 out of this 206 million and how can virtually almost all of them be extremely poor and still buy phones?

Oil shortage
Oil shortage is also due to lack of investments and maintenance over the years by foreign companies because there are lesser funds now for them due to climate change.

While some of your arguments are valid, I'll say no Government is perfect and a Tinubu Government in my opinion is better than the other candidates presented.
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by Kagd10: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
DeOTR:

Well, I don't see anything good thing coming out of changing his VP now. It's OK if he loses in Plateau, Benue and FCT, so long he garner reasonable percentage in those states, but trust me, he can't sacrifice Yobe and Borno. The last election results will clear your doubts. Turnouts are always massive in those areas.

Iin addition to Benue, Plateau, Fct etc (the likes of Nasarawa and even Niger may even swing too), I wouldn't want him to lose some major votes in South South. And even the few in the Southeast. It's for future issues. The double Muslim Muslim would have future issues. And that's if the Hausa and Fulani dont end up betraying him before then..

Shettima can always have another role. I mean can't Shettima allow Lalong to come in? It's for the best. . I mean it was always supposed to be Christian Northern VP from the beginning. Even Tinubu withdrew for Osinbajo
Re: Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better by DeOTR: 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kagd10:

Iin addition to Benue, Plateau, Fct, Taraba (the likes of Nasarawa and even Niger may even swing too), I wouldn't want him to lose some major votes in South South. And even the few in the Southeast. It's for future issues. And that's if the Hausa and Fulani dont end up betraying him before then..

Shettima can always have another role. I mean can't Shettima allow Lalong to come in? It's for the best. . I mean it was always supposed to be Christian VP from the beginning. Even Tinubu withdrew for Osinbajo
Strategically, a Muslim VP is the best option for a Muslim contesting in the South.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

There Was No Zoning In Kogi APC, why should there be in Edo? - Oshiomhole / Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / APC Women And Youth For South East Rally At Owerri, Imo State. PICTORIAL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.