Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew (3993 Views)

Ofe Akwu Vs Tomato Stew / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by bittatruth(m): 7:28am On Aug 24, 2011
Any1?

Preferably the ways the igbo people make it  wink

I always used to love it with gran rice kiss when i used to eat it at my aunties house as a child cool

Re: Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by snthesis(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2011
1. Bitterleaf
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by blank(f): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
Bitter leaf, water, meat, stockfish, seasoning (no onions), palm oil or palm kernels, ede, crayfish.
Re: Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
All recipe and picture copied from : http://littlemissgastronome..com/2011/07/ofe-onugbu-bitter-leave-soup.html
Ofe Onugbu (Bitter leaf soup)
Ingredient
Assorted meat (Your choice) (precooked)
Snails(optional) (precooked)
stock fish and smoked fish
¼ cup grounded crayfish
A pinch dried chili
½ cup bitter leaves (fresh or dried)
1/2 cup cocoyam boiled and pounded
¼ cup palm oil
Maggi and salt to taste

Direction

Combine the meat, fish , snail and smoked fish in a pot. Add 2 cups of water. Set on medium heat

Add the maggi, salt , chilli and crayfish. Simmer for 15mins.

Add in the pounded cocoyam. stir until the pounded yam is well integrated.Cook for another 3 mins. add some more water at this point if you will like your soup to be lighter.

(If using dried bitter leaves, soak it in some hot water to tenderize the leaves )

Add in the bitter leaves to the cooking pot of meat. Cover for another 5 mins.

Add in the palm oil, taste and adjust for seasoning.Cook for about 3 mins .Remove from heat

Your soup is ready to serve, serve with your choice of pounded yam, fufu or Garri
EnJoY!

Re: Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by bittatruth(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
Thank guys smiley
Re: Ingredients For Bitter Leaf Stew by blank(f): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
If u can't get palm kernel to make the oil, u can use palm oil. But to get the taste to be close to the palm kernel taste, u can boil the water and palm oil together for at least 20 minutes before u start cooking. Trust me, the difference in taste will be clear.

(1) (Reply)

Know The English Names Of Naija Dishes & Snacks / See The Huge Crocodile Killed In Bayelsa State / Who Knows The Story Of Monamona?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.