Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. (632 Views)

FG Earmarks N150 Billion For Poverty Alleviation / Anyim Pius Files N600m Libel Suit Over Land / Sowore Reacts To MFM Libel Suit Against Him And Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Gaabasky: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2022
Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court.

THE national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has agreed to accept the apology of the Chairman of DAAR Communications, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, and settle out of court with him in a libel suit he filed against Daar Communications Plc, owners of Africa Independent Television (AIT).

Tinubu took the decision to accept Dokpesi’s apology as settlement for the libelous documentary, “Lion of Bourdilon”, aired on Television (AIT) before a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja yesterday.

Tinubu had on March 1, 2015 instituted a N150 billion suit against Daar Communications Plc, owners of AIT, for airing the said documentary, alleging that it was aimed at tarnishing his image.

At the hearing of the matter yesterday, counsel to Dokpesi, Mike Ozekhome (SAN) told the court that his client wished to embrace Alternative Dispute Resolution.

“My lord, we have come to court today to embrace ADR. Every war that is fought is always settled amicably on a roundtable. Both parties have expressed their desire to settle amicably based on the terms of settlement which My Honourable Lord has been furnished with.

“We reached the agreement to enable both parties to continue with the good relationship that they have always had. We have driven the devil away with a spiritual Koboko,” Ozekhome told the court.

In his response, Tinubu’s counsel, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) told court of his client’s willingness to settle out of court.

Olanipekun said: “I align myself with the submissions and sentiments of my learned friend. I can also confirm that the terms of settlement, which was drawn up on January 29, this year, has been accepted by both parties.

“I also want to appreciate my Lord for her patience all through the duration of the suit. I also appreciate the Claimant who magnanimously agreed to settle out of court.”

After listening to their submissions, the presiding judge, Justice Iyabo Akinkugbe in her ruling adopted the terms of settlement and acknowledged that it has been filed before the court and duly signed by both counsel.

The terms of agreement includes a retraction of the broadcast by AIT; an apology by AIT which should be aired three times, once daily on AIT; and that the Claimant and the Defendant shall bear their respective costs in the suit.

© Yetunde Ayobami Ojo (February 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Franzinni: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Chess not checkers .... Do you see why tinubu is jagaban..

Now he has dokpesi by the dick and balls. Just see how ait will campaign for tinubu maybe even more than TVC self.

I am learning from this old man I swear. People are really pawns, you just need to figure out how to make them move.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Resourcesswift: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:

Now he has dokpesi by the dick and balls. Just see how ait will campaign for tinubu maybe even more than TVC self.

I am learning from this old man I swear. People are really pawns, you just need to figure out how to make them move.
now I understand why you are an urchiñ

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by BRIMBRAM: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
Dokpesi lol..... grin Very funny dude. He has refused to learn from the past.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Osamabinladenik: 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:

Stockholm's syndrome don finish this one
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Franzinni: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
Stockholm's syndrome don finish this one
no nah stock fish syndrome... Life is a game never forget it. You play or get played.

Once again chess not checkers.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Osamabinladenik: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:
no nah stock fish syndrome... Life is a game never forget it. You play or get played.

Once again chess not checkers.

Werey, life is game but Werey no light for him house.
Life is a game but him go feel the bad state of the economy when things turn bad .
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Franzinni: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
Werey, life is game but Werey no light for him house.
Life is a game but him go feel the bad state of the economy when things turn bad .
you be winch? How you take know say no light ... You are right anyway. No light becasue tinubu never shine... yet.

You can't expect light until you allow it to shine ...

Tinubu is a leader ... I can say that for a fact. And he is playing his game well.
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Osamabinladenik: 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:
you be winch? How you take know say no light ... You are right anyway. No light becasue tinubu never shine... yet.

You can't expect light until you allow it to shine ...

Tinubu is a leader ... I can say that for a fact. And he is playing his game well.

Oga, I fit swear say na Generator you take charge your phone.
Tinubu na leaders but we dey loot your destiny.
You no get sense at all
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Franzinni: 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
Oga, I fit swear say na Generator you take charge your phone.
Tinubu na leaders but we dey loot your destiny.
You no get sense at all
the last sense nah him I borrow peter obi take do campaign.. nah why he dey do like prick wey dey suffer erectile dysfunction.

You self check am nah.

My phone batter dey 1 bar.. and I no get generation but jagaban will soon step in and everywhere go stew.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Osamabinladenik: 11:40pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:
the last sense nah him I borrow peter obi take do campaign.. nah why he dey do like prick wey dey suffer erectile dysfunction.

You self check am nah.

My phone batter dey 1 bar.. and I no get generation but jagaban will soon step in and everywhere go stew.

You no even get Gen and you dey shout Jagaban cheesy

Werey ni ileyi oo. Jagaban wey go install touts wey go terrorize you more.

Wo shepe fun e ni?
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by Franzinni: 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
Osamabinladenik:
You no even get Gen and you dey shout Jagaban cheesy

Werey ni ileyi oo. Jagaban wey go install touts wey go terrorize you more.

Wo shepe fun e ni?
I say I borrow peter obi the last sense .. now nah empty head I take dey Waka ... But the way peter dey do be like him too no get sense kpatakpo!

Nah why jagaban will be the right man for the job ... And history has already made him the asiwaju so .. it's only right for him to be asiwaju of the nation.
Re: Tinubu, Dokpesi Settle N150 Billion Libel Suit Out Of Court. by JAMO84: 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
Next is that gay asylum seeker, David Hyundai and Arise TV

David Hyundai will just be writing rubbish, after one cocaine sniffing oyinbo finish drilling him from behind.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Regions May Vote In 2023 Presidential Election / Nigerian First Lady ‘directed Student Beating At Presidential Villa,’ - CNN / End Sit-at-home In South-east, Ohanaeze Tells Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.