Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? (929 Views)

What Is Hardware Programming? / Complete Computer science Project Hardware + Write Up / Open Source PIC Software And Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Melbrom(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
I noticed on nairaland programming sections, people hardly talking about hardware programming with C and embedded systems. Ain't people interested in this area?
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Roboto11: 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
You could always initiate it.

6 Likes

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Melbrom:
I noticed on nairaland programming sections, people hardly talking about hardware programming with C and embedded systems. Ain't people interested in this area?
Here's filled with web devs noobs, cs f*gs, wannabe hackers ,data gays and failed Yahoo c*nts nowadays

Back in the days , you'll see ee, ce , embedded guys posting meaningful stuffs

Most of them now work for b
I'm into embedded systems and game programming

Looking to get a Arduino very soon

Just got laid off from a retarded company in the UK because I toasted the HR lady

1 Like

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

Here's filled with web devs noobs, cs f*gs, wannabe hackers ,data gays and failed Yahoo c*nts nowadays

Just got laid off from a retarded company in the UK because I toasted the HR lady

Why would you toast the HR lady though? That's a red flag in every developed country.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Melbrom(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

LMAO you a funny man. I'm interested in getting into embedded systems but ain't seeing people to put me through and give me motivation. Everybody is into web, data science and others as you said. You live in the UK?
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Melbrom:

LMAO you a funny man. I'm interested in getting into embedded systems but ain't seeing people to put me through and give me motivation. Everybody is into web, data science and others as you said. You live in the UK?

Embedded is scarce yeah, but Interswitch employs embedded devs for their POS but it's with C and Lua. The last Embedded I did was Vibrobox Arduino for school project. You should join the Intwrswitch slack community and reach out.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

Lol seriously, see I don't joke with foreign ladies, the fear of EOCC is the beginning of wisdom, saw a colleague get sacked for asking a lady why she's single. It's an American company and that's considered harassment.

4 Likes

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by denvers: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2022
Not really a booming industry in naija, but you could google the likes of Victor shoaga and see what embedded machines they are into.

1 Like

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Melbrom:

There are few nigerians in embedded systems or system programming because it's tedious and boring to the average Nigerian

No I live on the east coast of naija used to work remotely
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Why would you toast the HR lady though? That's a red flag in every developed country.

If you see the hr babe ehh you self go wan chyke am

2 Likes

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Newusername(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
qtguru:

Embedded is scarce yeah, but Interswitch employs embedded devs for their POS but it's with C and Lua. The last Embedded I did was Vibrobox Arduino for school project. You should join the Intwrswitch slack community and reach out.

Good-day sir, how do I join the interswitch slack community? I am also interested in embedded systems. We did it as a compulsory course and even did a project on it this semester.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by qtguru(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2022
Google Interswitch slack community

2 Likes

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Newusername(m): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

Good-day boss, I want to ask if Arduino is written in C or C++ or both?
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Newusername(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
Melbrom:

I am interested too. If you see anyone to put you through please quote(let me know) me.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
Newusername:

Both
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Newusername(m): 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

Both

Ok thank you.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Melbrom(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
qtguru:

thanks really appreciate
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Melbrom(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:

There are few nigerians in embedded systems or system programming because it's tedious and boring to the average Nigerian

alright... didn't know embedded programmer can work remotely... cool
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 15, 2022
Melbrom:
alright... didn't know embedded programmer can work remotely... cool

They're a lot nowadays than onsite jobs that deals with hardware

The remote one just deals with software entirely
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
MethPedo:

No job for embedded programmer that's the major issue.
Spent good time of my life doing that in Nigeria here.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 16, 2022
tollyboy5:

No job for embedded programmer that's the major issue.
Spent good time of my life doing that in Nigeria here.

There are jobs but not in Nigeria

On LinkedIn I keep seeing lot of vacancy from companies interested in embedded systems but very few people apply
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Arrayman: 5:51am On Nov 16, 2022
MethPedo:

oga slow your roll, I have been an embedded programmer for some years now, started with Arduino, moved over to atmel atmega and pic microcontroller. The reason you don't get a lot of posts on it is that there really is no market for it in Nigeria, how many companies build hardware? Except u are out of the country.
P
S y u come go dey toast hr lady na, babes nor dey outside work?

2 Likes

Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Arrayman: 5:59am On Nov 16, 2022
MethPedo:

so u toasted the hr lady remotely?
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by Arrayman: 6:02am On Nov 16, 2022
Newusername:

c++
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
MethPedo:

I'll be sending you a mail, I'll like to know what kind of embedded job you do remotely Biko.
Re: Is Hardware Engineering Dead In Nigeria? by davien(m): 12:03am On Nov 25, 2022
It's weird you're looking for an embedded programmer because correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you supposed to be as close to the hardware as possible for those jobs?

Even the ones you can do remote you have to be nearby in case of certain edge cases.

They'll most likely be overseas as such a skill would be drastically underpaid here.

(1) (Reply)

Which Oop Language Is Versatile / Difference B/w Visual Basic And C++ / What It Skill Acquisition Is Necessary For Someone With Management Background

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.