Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Releases Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Releases Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan (236 Views)

Ronaldo's Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan 2 / Ronaldo's explosive interview with Piers Morgan (Live Video) / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Releases Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan by Malcolmprincex: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo has given an explosive interview to Piers Morgan in which he has blasted Manchester United and their manager Erik ten Hag for their treatment of him.

The Portuguese superstar has told the TalkTV host he feels ‘betrayed’ by the club and declared he has no respect for Ten Hag in a remarkably candid chat which is surely set to signal the end of his Man United career.

Ronaldo – one of United’s greatest ever players – returned to the club in August 2021 to huge fanfare.

But he has never looked happy in his second spell at United as they have struggled to compete for the biggest prizes and tried to engineer an exit in the summer.

He was dropped for the Premier League clash against Chelsea last month after refusing to come on a substitute against Tottenham and subsequently leaving Old Trafford before the full-time whistle.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has since featured again for United but clearly has little time for Ten Hag.

Ronaldo said of the United manager:

“I don’t have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me. If you don’t have respect for me, I’m never gonna have respect for you.”

The 37-year-old added that he felt like he was being forced out of the club by Ten Hag and senior figures.

Asked by Morgan if the club were trying to force him out,

Ronaldo replied:

“Yes, not only the coach but the other two or three guys – they’re around the club.”

When quizzed again if senior club executives were trying to oust him,

he said:

“I don’t care. People should listen to the truth.

“Yes, I felt betrayed and I felt like some people don’t want me here, not only this year, but last year too.”

Ronaldo also gave a damning verdict on the current state of the club, claiming there has been ‘zero’ progress since legendary boss Sir Alex Ferguson left in 2013.

He also took a dig at Ten Hag’s predecessor, Ralf Rangnick.

Ronaldo – who won three Premier League titles in his first spell at the club – said:

“I don’t know what’s going on but since Sir Alex Ferguson left I saw no evolution in the club, the progress was zero.

“For example we have an interesting point that, how the club as Manchester United after [they] sack Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer], they buy – they bring, sporting director Ralf Rangnick, which is something that nobody understands. This guy is not even a coach.

“A bigger club like Manchester United brings [a] sporting director – surprised not only me but all the world, you know.

“Nothing changed. Surprisingly. Not only the pool, the jacuzzi, even the gym… Even some points, the technology, the kitchen, the chefs, which is, I appreciate, lovely persons.

“They stopped in a time, which surprised me a lot. I thought I will see different things… different, as I mentioned before, technology, infrastructure. But unfortunately, we see many things that I used to see, when I was 20, 21, 23. So, it surprised me a lot.”

Ronaldo also took aim at Wayne Rooney after his former United team-mate criticised his behaviour this season.

Rooney told talkSPORT recently Ronaldo is at risk of becoming an ‘unwelcome distraction’ and should knuckle down under Ten Hag.

Ronaldo said: “I don’t know why he criticises me so badly…probably because he finished his career and I’m still playing at a high level.

“I’m not going to say that I’m looking better than him. Which is true…”

During the 90-minute interview, Ronaldo also speaks about the heartbreaking loss of his baby son, coping with grief in the public eye with his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez; why he really missed the club’s pre-season tour and how close he came to joining rivals Manchester City.

The full dramatic and candid interview is set to air in two special shows this Wednesday and Thursday, at 8pm on TalkTV – Piers Morgan Uncensored: 90 Minutes with Ronaldo.

Asked why he was doing the interview with Piers Morgan,

Ronaldo added:

“Because I think it’s the time… to say something.”

Video below;

https://www.premiumnews.com.ng/2022/11/cristiano-ronaldo-releases-explosive.html
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Releases Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan by appishani1(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2022
I don't know whether this is true.
But if it is true then he will lose all the respect he so tirelessly earn both from the board and the fans
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Releases Explosive Interview With Piers Morgan by June15(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2022
appishani1:
I don't know whether this is true.
But if it is true then he will lose all the respect he so tirelessly earn both from the board and the fans
Fuxk respect bro.. he's CEO of many companies too.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup: Qatar Vs Ecuador 0-2 Highlights (download Video) / Yhfi7ue6rt / Who Will Emerge With Golden Boot At World Cup 2022?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.