Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* (989 Views)

Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals / FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by odoemelamemmanu(m): 11:32am On Nov 14, 2022
*I never attended night class, says ESUT best-graduating student*

By Ikechukwu Odu
NSUKKA-----The best-graduating student of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT, Levi Idokoja, has said that he never attended night classes throughout his study periods in the University.

Idokoja, who hails from Umuagama in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State, explained that the study pattern that worked for him was to read at the confines of his room.

He spoke shortly after the Registrar of Pharmacy Council of Nigeria, PCN, Ibrahim Ahmed, inducted him and 45 others into the Pharmacy profession at the ESUT main campus in Agbani, Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State, weekend.

The 28-year-old who graduated with the Cumulative Grade Point Average, CGPA, of 4.66 equally said that he tried not to miss lectures as well.

"I adopted a study approach that worked best for me. From the day of my resumption in ESUT till the day I graduated, I never attended night classes. I studied only at the confines of my room at the time that is best favourable to me.

"I tried as mush as possible not to miss lectures, it helped me a lot. I am grateful to God for making me graduate top of my class," he explained.

While speaking of the rigours involved in studying Pharmacy at ESUT, Idokoja, explained that students from other faculties in the institution see the endeavour as "suicidal."

"Other students from other faculties in the university community see studying Pharmacy at ESUT as suicidal. We interact with them and they know the stress we pass through. We leave for classes earlier than them and return later than they do. They always told us that we were trying.

"Honestly speaking, I never knew I was going to graduate the best of my classmates. I neither planned nor fought for it. The only thing I fought for was to make my parents and siblings proud by making good grades. Maybe, God saw the purity of my heart and crowned my efforts with success.

"When my project Supervisor broke the news to me, it sounded like a joke because I didn't see it coming. It is a rare privilege and I thank God for it. It is a height I see as a privilege for me to attain," he explained.

He further explained that he enrolled into ESUT as a Direct Entry student with about 200 classmates, adding that only 46 of them made it to the finishing line.

"I joined my classmates as a Direct Entry student at their 200 level. When they were admitted, they were up to 200 students at 100 level. At 200 level, when I joined them, we were about 97 students, which means that over 100 students didn't make it to 200 level. At 300 level, we were reduced to 67 students, we were less than 50 at 400 level. At 500 level, we were 47, unfortunately, one of us could not make it, because only 46 of us were inducted today," he said.

He expressed his gratitude to his parents and the University community for their supports.
_30_
Photo:Levi Idokoja, taking his oath during his induction into Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.

https://osunreporters.com/2022/11/breaking-i-never-attended-night-class-says-esut-best-graduating-student/

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by Robinmido(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2022
I wish you well for the future

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by Redomi(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2022
Everyone must add aroma to their story to make it look more delicious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by ojun50(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2022
Night class na for people wey no sabi book
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by HarlequinLekex: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2022
Welcome to REAL MEN OF HONOUR movement

1 Like

Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by Zonefree(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2022
ojun50:
Night class na for people wey no sabi book
85% of people wey dey go night class na to press bobbi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by habsydiamond(m): 11:59am On Nov 14, 2022
Congratulations.. I pray this country favour you oo.
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate by David Hundeyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji210K94MgQ
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by cassidy1996(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2022
Kudos to him

It's good to graduate well. Whatever you doing, please do it well.....
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by hapsattaddawus: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNcjpyqppI

11-year-old Brainy Yusuf Shah, gets highest score in Mensa IQ test 'beating Einstein and Hawking'

A schoolboy has scored the highest possible score in a Mensa IQ test and surpassed geniuses like Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNcjpyqppI
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by akwesenana: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
As an architecture student, not attending night class is not an option.
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by haiti007(m): 7:05am On Nov 15, 2022
1. He knows what works best for him

2. He is brainy.... I know of people who only need to listen in class and they are good
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by Emma2Seconds: 8:18am On Nov 15, 2022
What causes the reduction in the number of students as they move on to higher levels??
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by sreamsense: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
akwesenana:
As an architecture student, not attending night class is not an option.
Night is not bad for architecture students since the course do more of drawing than mental computation and serious reading. Once you get to studio at night what do you do in the studio than drawing and listening to music or watching movie? Can you combine listening to music or watching movie with serious study in courses like engineering or science where 95% of concentration is required while reading?
Re: Breaking: I Never Attended Night Class, Says ESUT Best-graduating Student* by akwesenana: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
sreamsense:

Night is not bad for architecture students since the course do more of drawing than mental computation and serious reading. Once you get to studio at night what do you do in the studio than drawing and listening to music or watching movie? Can you combine listening to music or watching movie with serious study in courses like engineering or science where 95% of concentration is required while reading?
Yeah.
You can't survive as an architecture student without attending 40% night class at minimum.
And architecture is not all about drawing.
Structures na one helluva course.

(1) (Reply)

Mmesoma Ejikeme Receives Fully Funded International Scholarship / Any Student That Attend Universal Coll Of Tech Or Mbari-mayo Nur/pri Sch,yaba / What College Do/did You Enroll In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.