Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? (35721 Views)

JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Emdebby2: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Should I send my account details?
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by blowjohn(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
I will even take first position every time
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by grandstar(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
Mleeperbother:

I don't understand. Why was your form2 not converted to Jss2? So your school was running SSS and form formats simultaneously?

Yes. New intakes after my joined the 6-3-3-4 system

I think thats how all schools did. They weren't converted. They let all those in Form 1 - form 5 finish their program

After I finished form 5,i had to go for remedial classes for maths especially as form 5 maths was inadequate to pass Jamb.

After form 1 - form 5, you could then decide to go for lower 6 and upper 6. The higher program basically got cancelled after my form 5. If I had done lower and upper 6, I would have had no need for remedial classes.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Throwback: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
grandstar:
I got a surprise for you guys.

I was is the last set of Form 1 to Form 5 students. That was 1984-1889. When I was in Form 2,, the students that got admitted in 1985 were the first JSS 1 students.

My classmates who repeated joined the JSS set. That was brutal. They ended up spending 7 years in secondary school rather than the 5 years we spent. When I was in Form 5 ready to pack and leave, they were in SSS 1.

In 1984, the N50 groundnut today was 10 kobo. Soft drinks sold for 40k. A sweetened peanut like the "Burger peanut" sold for 50 kobo. Meatpie was 50k.

Life then was considered hard but in retrospect, much easier than today

In 1986, the Babangida government commenced the Structural Adjustment Programme. This led to the devaluation of the Naira. The effect was devastating.

Salary earners saw their earning drop in real terms. They suffered the most. The devaluation commenced the mass exodus of Nigerians overseas to search of foreign currency which was now king. Everyone wanted to Japa.

Many nigerians who had their children in British secondary school brought their children back home. My secondary school suddenly had students with a British accents. I can mimic a British accent down to this day.

Most were from British public schools. That's what the British call their elite secondary schools. One of the returnees had a very strong posh accent and snooty manners. He would fit neatly in the British Royal family. He is back in the UK and was a top 50 fencer tbere. Fencing is for the high class class of society. Not for paupers like me.

You are a real OG.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by stanisbaratheon: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
I will take it with pleasure.

It takes approximately 120 months to graduation to University level. With 300million it would cost me 2.5 million per month for the inconveniences.

I would accept that with great pleasure.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
Itoro350:
300K IS ENOUGH SELF
Y so cheap undecided
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2022
For 300m I'll start from Nursery
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Greazyman99: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
onomeabuja:

See me here oo..,
I'm ready to serve my father land..gbam!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Throwback: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Maysdevices:
Can’t believe I paused my game for this. Off point but a good read

When a real OG "talks", the youth need to "listen".
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Zee0007: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
Never. I am not driven by money.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by stanisbaratheon: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2022
grandstar:

I was is the last set of Form 1 to Form 5 students. That was 1984-1889. When I was in Form 2,, the students that got admitted in 1985 were the first JSS 1 students.

My classmates who repeated joined the JSS set. That was brutal. They ended up spending 7 years in secondary school rather than the 5 years we spent. When I was in Form 5 ready to pack and leave, they were in SSS 1.

In 1984, the N50 groundnut today was 10 kobo. Soft drinks sold for 40k. A sweetened peanut like the "Burger peanut" sold for 50 kobo. Meatpie was 50k.

In 1986, the Babangida government commenced the Structural Adjustment Programme. This led to the devaluation of the Naira. The effect was devastating.

Salary earners saw their earning drop in real terms. They suffered the most. The devaluation commenced the mass exodus of Nigerians overseas to search of foreign currency which was now king. Everyone wanted to Japa.

Many nigerians who had their children in British secondary school brought their children back home. My secondary school suddenly had students with a British accents. I can mimic a British accent down to this day.

Most were from British public schools. That's what the British call their elite secondary schools. One of the returnees had a very strong posh accent and snooty manners. He would fit neatly in the British Royal family. He is back in the UK and was a top 50 fencer tbere. Fencing is for the high class class of society. Not for paupers like me.

Something evil really happened to this country. Reading your comments alone breaks my heart.

And some nincompoop are still forcing some corrupt old men on us as leaders and democrats.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by detectivejones: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tallesty1:
With a good arrangement, I can go back to where I was when pops dey toast my mom
grin Calm down
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by jamace(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2022
PointZerom:

Poverty is really dealing with somanyy people.

This must be poverty induced thinking, to go back to Jss1 for money.
Yet they are ready to vote those who cause their poverty. ...Indeed, Poverty has entered their medulla oblongata.

Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Mrklemo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
No.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by uglodoh(f): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
grandstar:

Yes. New intakes after my joined the 6-3-3-4 system

I think thats how all schools did. They weren't converted. They let all those in Form 1 - form 5 finish their program

After I finished form 5,i had to go for remedial classes for maths especially as form 5 maths was inadequate to pass Jamb.

After form 1 - form 5, you could then decide to go for lower 6 and upper 6. The higher program basically got cancelled after my form 5. If I had done lower and upper 6, I would have had no need for remedial classes.

I do not agree to this. I was one of the first set of students that started 6-3-3-4 set. That was in 1990 . The form 5 students we met were made to repeat the class. They were the first set of sss3 students
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by imagrg(m): 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2022
Knowledge is never lost. You can learn new things in JSS1 as you cruise with your GLK to school daily.
Your female teachers go be your girlfriends. The Principal sef go respect you.

With N300m you can even own a school and be a JSS1 student there!

It better than being a cyber criminal.

See my signature below for link if you are interested in making passive and sure income online taking global surveys online.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Elxandre(m): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
grandstar:

When you write a book on these old tales, I would queue. grin
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by uglodoh(f): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
Mleeperbother:

I don't understand. Why was your form2 not converted to Jss2? So your school was running SSS and form formats simultaneously?
Do not mind the guy. All schools were converted. Those in form 2 became jss 2 students. I was one of those that started the JSS-SSS system. Those in Jss 2 were formerly form one students in previous class
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Cde1: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
I will go back to the womb
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by phemmyfour: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
Nia69:
I can't decide.

What about you? smiley
yes. Afterall , you can't take back my knowledge. You can only withdrawal the certificates
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Nmezor(f): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2022
Yeah...
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by okoroemeka(m): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
Nia69:
I can't decide.

What about you? smiley
why not,go to school in a 2021 Lexus IS and enjoy those small smallie chu chus and my corper teachers.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by d142475: 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
gonkin:
I will even go back to primary school after all the knowledge is already there its the money the knowledge will get us we seek and 300m for that dare is good business

but you can't miss school o. you hneed to have 100 percent attendance. and theyd write your name if you mane noise in class; when teacher is punishing the whole class, you'd also be punished. You can't control any of the kids, because you are not the class monitor. you have to attend morning assembly and participate in all the activities of the kids. You can't even bring a phone to school. You can't speak pidgin English or vernacular ( rem go give you better lashing)... reason am guy.
When will you have the time to invest the 300M when secondary school is taking all you time cheesy
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Maysdevices(f): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
Throwback:

When a real OG "talks", the youth need to "listen".
I agree
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by staga: 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
Mleeperbother:

The very first Junior Secondary exams under Babs Fafunwa's 6-3-3-4 system was written in 1988 or 1989. Those who wrote it were admitted in 1986 or 1987.

I am no longer sure of the dates.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by staga: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
uglodoh:

I do not agree to this. I was one of the first set of students that started 6-3-3-4 set. That was in 1990 . The form 5 students we met were made to repeat the class. They were the first set of sss3 students

Not in my school. The Form 5 guys left as usual.
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by aydgov: 7:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Can they allow me to start from the creche
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
PointZerom:

Poverty is really dealing with somanyy people In Nigeria

This must be poverty induced thinking, to go back to Jss1 for money.

Lol and such thing Is News In Nigeria abi.

Perhaps you live on the moon not to know that Nigeria Is the Paramount Poverty Capital Of The World. Smhhh..

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Beejaylaw: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wetin I dey wait 4
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by vickydevoka(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
Class1 for 1 million
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by Meshben10: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
Please pay 150m now when I enter JSS1, Pay the balance. I dey KG1 right now
Re: Can You Go Back To JSS1 For 300million naira? by jimakeabi: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
Iñ short, I can go back to pry 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Daisy Okonofua, Medical Doctor From UNIBEN, Clinches Multiple Awards. Photos / Lecturer Surprises His Students With Snacks & Soft Drinks In Class (Video) / World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.