Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85773 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dare2think: 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
vicenzo:

Hoping 4 arsenal win today,arsenal 4 life,grief 2 enemies of progress.

lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
The thread title is nice Proudly.  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Roland17(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
sharp sharp we don enter page two, am optimistic for today's match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
The boys will do me proud tonight. I have never been surer. Bring it on Udinese, we are the the RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
Its time for our boyz to do us proud tonight and make our foes happy that we are in a new "chapter"!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
Tonite will be the beginning of our great season 2011/2012 here we come. you dont have to believe it. but our situation is turniing arround for the best tonite.  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
Every eejiot has an opinion on Arsenal these days. Just read on BBC website that Tony Adams said Arsene is not a good motivator. As a retired gunner, his timing couldn't have been worse. That statement is a betrayal of his old team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
theo is the key, sadly.
lets hope his brain functions.

gervinho and dis final ball thing eh, . . . .

dis jenkinson boy surprises me o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dip0: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2011
kryztova:

The board of Arsenal must love Arsene Wenger because he doesn't waste (spend) on buying players, after all the club equally makes money from merchandising. In any case, here is something for the Arsenal fans to ponder: (modded the original a bit)

See why Arsenal is drawing red at each game. Arsenal hasn’t won any silverware in 5 seasons.  What i mean is that Arsenal has played in 4 competitions every season (5 Carling Cups, 5 FA Cups, 5 League Championships and 5 Champions League) making a total of 20 attempts at silverware and haven’t been successful ONCE!! 0 success in 20 trials! Let me try again and put it into further perspective,  In the year Arsenal last won ANY silverware:∙ (here goessmiley∙ Airtel was still called VMobile (before becoming Celtel then Zain then to Bharti Airtel),∙  Nigerian Banking Sector still had more than 80 banks∙ Brad Pitt was still married to Jennifer Aniston∙  Youtube and Twitter had not been created∙ Wabara was still Senate President, and Tafa Balogun was still IG∙ Saddam was still in hiding,∙    George Bush, Fidel Castro, Gerhard Schroeder, Ariel Sharon, Jacques Chirac and Tony Blair were still in power.∙  Goran Erikkson was still coach of England∙ Crystal Palace and Charlton were still in the Premiership∙ Vodafone were still Manchester United's sponsors∙ Rafael Nadal hadn’t won a Grand Slam and Zidane was still captain of France and hadnt headbutted Materazzi in the World Cup final∙ Pope John Paul was still Pope and Kofi Annan was still Sec Gen of UN. If a child was born on the day you last won a trophy, he would be in Primary School, would be able to know the difference between good and evil and would probably be about 3ft tall. ‎​Plus Costacurta was still at Milan, Hamman sef still dey L'pool and our own Mikel was battling Lynn Oslo over United and Chelsea, oh did we even know Dbanj/Don Jazzy then Na Style Plus dey reign that time,  Pls let's give dem way before they literally "gun" someone down.

^ who the fcuktard are u?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
walcott is a big tool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
What a Goalkeeper Szezesnyyyyyyy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by tunnytox(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
Theo walcott!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by marcus1234: 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
Gervinho is the player I wish Theo was, what another buy again from Arsene.
Anyone still think we should have bought Hugo Lloris rather than give Szczesny his chance?  undecided
Rosicky still has some good things left in those tired legs.
Now UCL is assured, can we go get Hazard Plzzzzzz
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
see what vast difference just gervinho makes.

why wont this man buy decent matured players.

am very impressed with jenkinson, reminds me of oshea of blessed memory
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Proudly
kiss kiss kiss
lets hope your new thread good omen continues and you'll be doing all arsenal threads grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
4llerbuntu:

am very impressed with jenkinson, reminds me of oshea of blessed memory

Same here, for someone who was a bit part player in League 1 last season, one can't complain about how he's taken to this level of competition and he's still got lots of room for improvement but I like that he does the simple things well from the onset, that was always the problem with Clichy and Eboue as good as they were, you just knew there was an accident just lurking around the corner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
duduspace:

The thread title is nice Proudly.  grin grin

grin grin
Thanks,
Udinese off the list,

Now off to Old Trafford
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2011
No who do this win, Baba God noni!!!

Where dem dey, those wey say we need to lose to start revolution. Awon Trojans oshi! Enemies na must if you wan blow. What a very 9ice way to shut them up. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
Piers Morgan is just taking a dump on Michael Owen right now

Wenger now we have advanced please buy and resign when you are done. KMT
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
and i insist, walcott is a big tool
he should be made to take lessons from gervinho

does this mean crises is over? i maintain my bet for rapido at the weekend , 5 of the very best pere.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by OAM4J: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
Good time to win, sweet victory for a team already written off even before the kick of the ball. Well done guys!

Let's go to the next level.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
Yeah!
HAzard nd co. to come in b4 friday nd ginger us again!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
What people fail to understand is Walcott is not TH14 or a Winger. His an attacker, he cant dribble nor be tricky, all he does is make good runs and when he gets the chance shoot. He has really improved with his finishing to be honest, in a 4-4-2 position I believe he will thrive alot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
If we buy Hazard, what position is he going to play tho with Arshavin, Gervinho, AOC & Walcott on both left and right wing??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
4llerbuntu:

and i insist, walcott is a big tool
he should be made to take lessons from gervinho

does this mean crises is over? i maintain my bet for rapido at the weekend , 5 of the very best pere.s
But his two goals saw us thru!! Be appreciative abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
I always had 100% confidence in my boys and they have delivered.

Once again, Walcott has silenced his critics, yes he can improve, but he is clearly delivering.

Good result by the Arsenal, now we await signings.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
Good God! Tech9 is a hell of a keeper. Saw the penalty again, that was not a bad penalty at all. It was an awesome save.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
naijababe:

The boys will do me proud tonight. I have never been surer. Bring it on Udinese, we are the the RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!

olodo:

Tonite will be the beginning of our great season 2011/2012 here we come. you dont have to believe it. but our situation is turniing arround for the best tonite.  grin grin grin

Dgunnerz:

Its time for our boyz to do us proud tonight and make our foes happy that we are in a new "chapter"!

These are the true Arsenal fans - not those wishing for the club's downfall just for their own egos to be satisfied.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
follypimpi:

If we buy Hazard, what position is he going to play tho with Arshavin, Gervinho, AOC & Walcott on both left and right wing??
I personally don't think Arshavin deserves a contract renewal, he has not stepped up in recent times as one of our big hitters and even Rosicky is looking better than him these days.  grin grin
I'll have Hazard down for a Central AM type role as well though I'm sure he'll also cope out wide.

follypimpi:

What people fail to understand is Walcott is not TH14 or a Winger. His an attacker, he cant dribble nor be tricky, all he does is make good runs and when he gets the chance shoot. He has really improved with his finishing to be honest, in a 4-4-2 position I believe he will thrive alot.

The finish for the goal was beautiful.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
Where is DK? cheesy

Tell him not to commit suicide. . . . .I will pay half his debt if he comes to play celebratory music on this thread. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
debosky:

These are the true Arsenal fans - not those wishing for the club's downfall just for their own egos to be satisfied.

I'm still trying to understand that section of the fanbase to be honest. As much as I dislike the way some people like Ian Wright react to Arsenal's problems even one could see the smile of relief on his face when we won. No matter how much one hates or has lost faith in the manager, it is wrong to wish the club failure just to score some cheap points.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.