Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85756 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
A-40:

Piers Morgan is just taking a dump on Michael Owen right now

Wenger now we have advanced please buy and resign when you are done. KMT
be nice cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by ritchboy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
Walcott never misses when he's played in, he's an excellent finisher, even his biggest critics can't deny that.

Thankfully Vermaelen's injury doesn't seem to have affected him and he's looking even better than i remember.

Rosicky getting stuck in shocked cheesy

duduspace:

I'll have Hazard down for a Central AM type role as well though I'm sure he'll also cope out wide.

Lille will demand an arm and a leg. . . Wenger will offer them a fingernail and a toenail grin grin

One "super quality" signing is looking necessary though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2011
ritchboy:

Walcott never misses when he's played in, he's an excellent finisher, even his biggest critics can't deny that.

Thankfully Vermaelen's injury doesn't seem to have affected him and he's looking even better than i remember.

For all the good play by Vermaelen, he was terrible in the first half - he failed to stop almost every cross that got past Sagna from the left wing of Arsenal's defence.

Not trying to be a curmudgeonly, but we clearly, clearly need another CB.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2011
Lille will demand an arm and a
leg. . . Wenger will offer them a fingernail and a toenail One "super quality" signing is
looking necessary though.

to be honest, i don't think Hazard is coming. It's just cock and bull to keep the disgruntled parties quiet for now.
The way i see it, this team with a bit of extra effort could be spurred into finish 4th place, which is obviously good enough these days .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
ritchboy:

Lille will demand an arm and a leg. . . Wenger will offer them a fingernail and a toenail grin grin

One "super quality" signing is looking necessary though.

Right on the money, their president is already saying he is worth twice as much as Nasri according to goal.com. He also says no one has contacted him.  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 12:05am On Aug 25, 2011
it seems wenger is not idiotic after all. . . .

Arsène Wenger has made a bold statement of intent by offering £22m to Rennes for the holding midfielder Yann M'Vila.

The Arsenal manager has consistently promised to make signings during what has been a testing summer only to struggle to find value in the market. But he appears to have concluded that he must pay over the odds for the right player and M'Vila, who has established himself as a regular for France, fits the bill.

Wenger has already had a £15m bid rejected for the 21-year-old and his latest offer would shatter Arsenal's transfer record for an incoming player. M'Vila is under contract until 2015. Wenger needs to reinforce his midfield, following the sales of Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri, and he has also tracked Eden Hazard of Lille

if wenger signs m'vila, arsenal will come 2nd in the league and play in the champions league final. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 12:36am On Aug 25, 2011
I can imagine the rumour mill going into hyperdrive from tomorrow as per possible transfers. I just read Real Madrid rejected a loan move for Kaka to Arsenal, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 1:03am On Aug 25, 2011
proudly9ja:

I can imagine the rumour mill going into hyperdrive from tomorrow as per possible transfers. I just read Real Madrid rejected a loan move for Kaka to Arsenal, cheesy cheesy cheesy

i think the yann m'vila's bid is authentic.
man utd were after him earlier in the year, same as liverpool, chelsea and wenger. . . . .

he's the advanced version of pogba so fergie might have lost interest.
however, this young dude is the real deal. if he signs for arsenal, you have yourself makelele + essien + hargreaves rolled in one.

the gap between yann m'vila and alex song is the same as a premier league player to a nursery school player!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by bxg(m): 2:04am On Aug 25, 2011
coogar:

i think the yann m'vila's bid is authentic.
man utd were after him earlier in the year, same as liverpool, chelsea and wenger. . . . .

he's the advanced version of pogba so fergie might have lost interest.
however, this young dude is the real deal. if he signs for arsenal, you have yourself makelele + essien + hargreaves rolled in one.

the gap between yann m'vila and alex song is the same as a premier league player to a nursery school player!

Haba.take it easy nau grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 2:22am On Aug 25, 2011
dayokanu:

E don happen
dayokanu:

Abeg who knows where I can rent drum set and speakers on a week day

That won't require a deposit
dayokanu:

Its urgent, maybe I should post it on Nairalist
dayokanu:

Can Arsenal quickly loan Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Pele, Cruuff cos e be like say devil wan enter church oo

Story of how a day that looks set to be good turned out to be really bad for our enemies.
[size=14pt]Prayer: May all the plans enemies have to rejoice on your downfall turn to be like this[/size]

Dayokanu was simply clueless, this guy totally disappeared. SMH
Men, you need to man up the next time
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 3:13am On Aug 25, 2011
^^
And donkeykanu's silence speaks volume of how weak he is.

Is inability to come out honourably to say 'i eat my words, congratulations to u all' shows he is nothing but a girl
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:22am On Aug 25, 2011
Most interesting tweet I saw this week from Alan Sugar.

[Quote]
Lord_Sugar Lord Sugar
@ @piersmorgan Ringer u was slagging him off days ago.Any other manager with no new players wud be hanging the board out to dry. Top man [/quote]

basically calling Piers Morgan a fair weather fan, and wishing he had Arsene as manager when he lost a lot of his money at Tottenham. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by MsPotato(f): 6:55am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^ Awwwww. . . . . . My baby is here grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss tongue

Go Gunners Gooo!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ifedisky(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2011
A new beginning. Good thread title, good win. Can we just sign some decent first teamers now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 8:18am On Aug 25, 2011
Udinese coach said they told him Arsenal will be easy, but now he realises they we're wrong.

I'm sure dude must have been talking to DK grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dip0: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2011
slimshay:

Udinese coach said they told him Arsenal will be easy, but now he realises they we're wrong.

lol, u gotta b kidding me. He expected to oust a club that has been in europe 14 consecutive times? He must have mixed fantasy and reality up pretty badly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2011
As in mehn, DK must have the convincing power of a confessor grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2011
THAT  WAS  A VERY GOOD GAME!!!!!!!!! like i said earlier it was going to mark the beginning of our 2011/2012. please tell  woman disunited  we are coming for the 3 point,. forget the fact that we are going to miss most of the guys that played yesterday to suspension,believe me WE ARE BACK

slimshay:

please where is dayo i hope is talking to Sir, Alex by now, that our victory over Udinese was a fluke, grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2011
Can we start the season now? Ok, maybe after the Man Utd's game undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2011
Does anyone know if Song will be available for the ManU game?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2011
proudly9ja:

Does anyone know if Song will be available for the ManU game?
Nope
Suspended for the 3 next matches lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by eleshin(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2011
United is surely waiting for una
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by edoyad(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2011
So what's the news on the "new signing" ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 11:58am On Aug 25, 2011
coogar:

it seems wenger is not idiotic after all. . . .
if wenger signs m'vila, arsenal will come 2nd in the league and play in the champions league final. cool

Reallie? i haven't watch him play tho. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
BTW - i was indeed proud of the lad!!! Things learnt : Rozzi can be a real deal this season if properly managed. . Ramsey has improved i wish Shawcross ddin't stamped him Szczesny should be our GK for the whole season in the UCL / EPL /FA CUP!!! Gervinho and Theo are having a good understanding on the wings. . .above all RvP is very matured in his game. . i feel he drops deep to take the ball to the wings and then link up well. . .

even AW substitution was spot on!!!. . .

As for Song. . . i feel he's the MOST improved Arsenal Player over the past 3 seasons!!!

I LOVE ARSENAL but still. . .AW needs to add up!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
folahann:

Can we start the season now? Ok, maybe after the Man Utd's game undecided

The season started yesterday nite fola,woman disunited will not disgrace us as they did totoham. we are pickng all the 3points (you can take that to the bank) without Song, fripong,Gervinho and Jack, we will take all 3 ponits
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
olodo:

The season started yesterday nite fola,woman disunited will not disgrace us as they did totoham. we are pickng all the 3points (you can take that to the bank) without Song, fripong,Gervinho and Jack, we will take all 3 ponits

Ok I hear you, i really wish and hope. Really want all the guys to be back ASAP.

hmm we have qualified for champions league proper, where are the new signings? ok it's only some hours ago but how many days to the deadline
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
folahann:

Ok I hear you, i really wish and hope. Really want all the guys to be back ASAP.

hmm we have qualified for champions league proper, where are the new signings? ok it's only some hours ago but how many days to the deadline
]

WE ARE TAKING IT A STEP AT A TIME grin grin grin grin grin he surely going to buy but who and when only AW can say!!!! but believe it we are buying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 1:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
The earlier we get over last night's match the better for us. We've qualified, the draw will be on later today but we've got an important match coming up on Sunday.

On a normal day, even with a full team, it will be hard to expect more than a draw from an Old Trafford team currently flying high in the league. If we had taken full points against Newcastle and Liverpool, I'm sure many wouldn't even mind us coming home with zero points on Sunday. As it is, we have 1 point from a maximum 6 and a loss to United will make it 1 from 9. Not a good way to start the season.

I expect us to be more cautious than ever on Sunday. Our defenders should watch their forays upfront and the two midfielders in front of the defence would need to be really alert and cover up where necessary. There were some obvious lapses in the Udinese game that need to be addressed before the ManU game in that department. Ramsey also needs to give 100% concentration.

As we have loads of injuries and suspensions, our team shouldn't be too difficult to pick. What I am not sure about is who will pair Ramsey just behind Rosicky and if AW will play Traore on the left ahead of Sagna.

My team against ManU will be:

Scecezny

Sagna DJ20 Vermaellen Traore

Ramsey ? (Lansbury maybe?)

Rosicky

Theo Arshavin
RVP

Bench: Bendtner, Squill, Miyachi, Ox, Fabianski, Jenkinson
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by hannie: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
When the odds are against us is when we get to beat Manure . . .how I wish we could sign Kaka and Arteta like yesterday!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
I'm jus thinkin of how immense the signature of Kaka will be to us. Tho Kaka may not be as vibrant as he used to be, he is still a BIG player and a deal on him will bring instant returns financially. Fans will be back in the stadium in droves and his shirt sales could arsenal surpass any other arsenal player's.

This is the weekend the arsenal month has been waiting for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
proudly9ja:

The earlier we get over last night's match the better for us. We've qualified, the draw will be on later today but we've got an important match coming up on Sunday.

On a normal day, even with a full team, it will be hard to expect more than a draw from an Old Trafford team currently flying high in the league. If we had taken full points against Newcastle and Liverpool, I'm sure many wouldn't even mind us coming home with zero points on Sunday. As it is, we have 1 point from a maximum 6 and a loss to United will make it 1 from 9. Not a good way to start the season.

I expect us to be more cautious than ever on Sunday. Our defenders should watch their forays upfront and the two midfielders in front of the defence would need to be really alert and cover up where necessary. There were some obvious lapses in the Udinese game that need to be addressed before the ManU game in that department. Ramsey also needs to give 100% concentration.

As we have loads of injuries and suspensions, our team shouldn't be too difficult to pick. What I am not sure about is who will pair Ramsey just behind Rosicky and if AW will play Traore on the left ahead of Sagna.

My team against ManU will be:

Scecezny

Sagna             DJ20              Vermaellen           Traore

Ramsey           ? (Lansbury maybe?)

Rosicky

Theo                                                                Arshavin
                                   RVP

Bench: Bendtner, Squill, Miyachi, Ox, Fabianski, Jenkinson

Wenger might still stick with Sagna at left-back the way I see things
We actually don't have any DM available, show lack of players

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.