Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

He Refuses To Commit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Refuses To Commit (1992 Views)

Ladies If He Refuses To Leave The Mummy's Boy Zone, DUMP Him. / 18 Year Old Girl Tries To Commit Suicide After Boyfriend Dumped Her (photos) / Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
I met a guy one year ago now I would say that we are dating. We meet up 2 or 3 times a week and talk every other day. Everyone associates me as his girlfriend but he doesnt associate me himself.  He sends me bb messages and does all the calling. When my BIS finishes sometimes he tops it up so we can chart.  The main problem is he has not asked me anything or spoken of his intentions.  I do not know if it is because he is yoruba and I am igbo maybe he doesnt see a future.  When I ask him what we are or what we are doing he makes one excuse or another.  We are both strong christians and go to mfm  which is where we met.  I don't know if I should wait for him to say something or just move on as there is another brother trying to get on the scene as of one month now and seems more forthcoming.  Also he is only 27 so maybe it is that he is not ready for a serious relationship.

I just don't know. any ideas? advice will be good.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
Igbo and yoruba getting together? that is like trying to bind Positive and Negative charges together, it will resort to explosion, u better find ur way when it is still early
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Mynd44: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
Without wanting to be insultive, you sound desperate madam but you can call him and talk with him, tell him your fears and how you feel and if he is still evasive then you should step
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Goldieluks: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
Maybe he doesn't want to commit himself too much.
You might wanna let him know how you feel,and you would get your answer from his reply.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
Op! How old are you? . . . . . Before i say my Thoughts? smiley
Re: He Refuses To Commit by marcus1234: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: He Refuses To Commit by MMM2(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2011
op
why not ask ur pastor on mFIREm undecided
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
Mynd_44:

Without wanting to be insultive, you sound desperate madam but you can call him and talk with him, tell him your fears and how you feel and if he is still evasive then you should step

Desperate ke? More like the other way round he's d one disturbing me thought i made that clear.

sexkillz:

Op! How old are you? . . . . . Before i say my Thoughts? smiley

I'm 22,   not saying he should propose or anything just that he shud commit to building a relationship or let me move on.

Goldieluks:

Maybe he doesn't want to commit himself too much.
You might wanna let him know how you feel,and you would get your answer from his reply.

He knows how i feel from the fact i make so much time available to him,  not gonna ask him out or anything i value myself and its not in my culture.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2011
M M M:

op
why not ask your pastor on mFIREm undecided

The pastor has seen us as a couple, If I talk to him he will start to question the guy and it will be embarrassing for him and may push him away.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by MMM2(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^
Then get pregnant 4 d boy undecided
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Goldieluks: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

Desperate ke? More like the other way round he's d one disturbing me thought i made that clear.

I'm 22,   not saying he should propose or anything just that he shud commit to building a relationship or let me move on.

He knows how i feel from the fact i make so much time available to him,  not gonna ask him out or anything i value myself and its not in my culture.

oh well.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
M M M:

^^
Then get pregnant 4 d boy undecided

-___-
Re: He Refuses To Commit by islamrules(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
May be he is shy

Meet new Singles @ www.preenpage.com
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
Goldieluks:

[/b]

oh well.

I was just seeing if anyone has been faced with a similar situation and how they handled it.  Some people believe in single till married so they wouldnt see it as out of the ordinary for me to start paying attention to someone who is saying the right things but then all that we have built over the last year will just be wasted and also someone saying the right things may not be the right person.

Still waiting for one mary or joseph to say 'pray about it',  thats not what i came here for.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Kx: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

I would say that we are dating.
We meet up 2 or 3 times a week and talk every other day.
Everyone associates me as his girlfriend but he doesnt associate me himself.
The main problem is he has not asked me anything or spoken of his intentions. 
  When I ask him what we are or what we are doing he makes one excuse or another
You are dating yet he has nt spoken of his intentions.
How did u guys establish the relationship? (if at all there is one)
Re: He Refuses To Commit by MMM2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

-___-

ok
u re already in 4 him, dats very good of u undecided
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Goldieluks: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
Pray about your future instead,and besides your still young and you have a lot of time in your hands,
you just have to make use of your time wisely,and if your a student,you might wanna focus more on
your studies,instead of allowing your mind to be bothered by a guy,at this stage.Don't get me wrong,that doesn't stop you from keeping friends though.

just my suggestion.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
Goldieluks:

Pray about your future instead,and besides your still young and you have a lot of time in your hands,
you just have to make use of your time wisely,and if your a student,you might wanna focus more on
your studies,instead of allowing your mind to be bothered by a guy,at this stage.Don't get me wrong,that doesn't stop you from keeping friends though.

just my suggestion.

I graduated in ghana 2 years ago and I am currently working for my dad's company so no books to focus on. I am considering if this guy is a waste of my time and was just sharing the facts to get an outside opinion. I pray about marriage for the future but havent prayed if he should be my boyfriend or not as i dont think it warrants prayer. If in 2 or 3 years we are still going strong then maybe we would have heard from God, As he has not committed to building something I want someone I can build something with or is it normal for a guy to just be in a relationship with you in his mind without any verbal confirmation?
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
M M M:

ok
u re already in 4 him, dats very good of u undecided

Please if you have nothing valuable to contribute to this discussion, replying is not by force, there are a million other topics on the forum. Thank you and God bless you!
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Goldieluks: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

I graduated in ghana 2 years ago and I am currently working for my dad's company so no books to focus on. I am considering if this guy is a waste of my time and was just sharing the facts to get an outside opinion. I pray about marriage for the future [/b]but havent prayed if he should be my boyfriend or not as i dont think it warrants prayer. If in 2 or 3 years we are still going strong then maybe we would have heard from God, As he has not committed to building something [b]I want someone I can build something with or is it normal for a guy to just be in a relationship with you in his mind without any verbal confirmation?

Now that's what am talking about.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
OP!
Let's RAP! Now, There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with you! The Guy loves You quite alright, and he sees a future with you! but Believe me when i say that he is scared of committing himself to you out of fear of REJECTION! He fears You may see him as a BROTHER! That would even BREAK HIS HEART TO PIECES! Now what i'll advise you to do is to OPENLY start seeing the other GUY that comes Around! DONT HIDE IT! If this Guy you are talking about REALLY REALLY cares about you, HE'll get the message, overcome his fears and then ASK YOU OUT! You have your reasons for not wanting to ASK HIM! You've thought of that and think it's a BAD IDEA! It's not always a BAD IDEA though, but STICK to your decision NOT to ask him! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT! IF HE'S NOT READY, PLS MOVE ON TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE PERSON!
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
sexkillz:

OP!
Let's RAP! Now, There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with you! The Guy loves You quite alright, and he sees a future with you! but Believe me when i say that he is scared of committing himself to you out of fear of REJECTION! He fears You may see him as a BROTHER! That would even BREAK HIS HEART TO PIECES! Now what i'll advise you to do is to OPENLY start seeing the other GUY that comes Around! DONT HIDE IT! If this Guy you are talking about REALLY REALLY cares about you, HE'll get the message, overcome his fears and then ASK YOU OUT! You have your reasons for not wanting to ASK HIM! You've thought of that and think it's a BAD IDEA! It's not always a BAD IDEA though, but STICK to your decision NOT to ask him! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT! IF HE'S NOT READY, PLS MOVE ON TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE PERSON!

The rejection thing is making sense, because people see me as more attractive than him, and from a wealthier family, and igbo people aint the biggest fans of yoruba people in this town, and i'm more popular while he is quite shy, maybe he's scared,

I like this idea and I think I will give it a go, grin thanks.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

The rejection thing is making sense,  because people see me as more attractive than him,  and from a wealthier family,  and igbo people aint the biggest fans of yoruba people in this town,  and i'm more popular while he is quite shy,  maybe he's scared,

I like this idea and I think I will give it a go,   grin thanks.
LOL! grin grin grin Now you are TALKING!!!  He Feels INTIMIDATED too! Hey! Before you decide, Answer this Question Sincerely & as Honestly as you can!:

Do you by Any chance LOVE this Guy? How Would you feel, seeing this Guy with another Girl?
Now if you answered positively, then Give him a chance, put your ego & pride aside and ASK HIM OUT! You have nothing to lose shey? There's someone else knocking, right? If he says NO, just WALK! It's better you take the risk of asking him NOW, than jumping into another relationship without asking him, only to realize that you love HIM MORE THAN EVER!!! Believe me when i say that when you come to that realization, You'll crawl back to him, like a LOST PUPPY, and then maybe, just maybe, it MIGHT be tooooo LATE! GIVE IT A TRY GAL! smiley
Re: He Refuses To Commit by MMM2(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2011
uju_1:

Please if you have nothing valuable to contribute to this discussion, replying is not by force, there are a million other topics on the forum. Thank you and God bless you!

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
I like this poster grin anyway my take is the guy is just taking his time but my problem is you have asked him what you guys are doing and he still cant say so then maybe the yoruba/ igbo angle is scary to him and he is not sure where the rship will end after investing so much of himself into it. Alas you cannot pause your life for him so maybe you ask him again or you step up your game with the other brother. What will be will be.
Re: He Refuses To Commit by kpolli(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2011
ok, there is a 50% chance I know u and i have my reservation about mfm girls (poster shud know y). . . .

but my advice to u is one, a girl once did to me. . . . Give him ultimatum, he is either in or out . . . That wud show ur ready for a relationship wiv him n def not reject him
Re: He Refuses To Commit by babydol: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ Uju, someone once said where there is no word there is no contract. If this guy has not asked you out then don't assume that you are going out.

If you communicate really well, then you need to ask him again what your relationship is to him. Tell him you are giving him this opportunity to make know his intention as there is someone else asking for a relationship with you. Let him know this is not to pressure him into any relationship with you but so that it doesn't look like you hurt him intentionally because of your status.

Please forget about the ethnicity, if he doesn't like you as a person he would not have encourage the friendship in the first place. Besides, he may only see you as brother and sister in church, nothing more.
Asking him the question will either make him commit to you if he wants to or let you go as someone else is on scene.

By the way, I believe you are a christian and you believe in having a right relationship. there is nothing you can't pray about even the choice of who to go into relationship with. Therefore, guide yourself very well. As you seen very ripe for relationship, beware of time wasters who want to use the opportunity not to develop something meaningful with you since you are no liability to them.

God bless
Re: He Refuses To Commit by uju2: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
Hi guys, thanks for the advice. decided to let what happens happen and I have a date with Mr D today a very tall, handsome guy whose parents are from rivers state. We have talked for a few months but never been out just the two of us, should be interesting! will keep you all posted x
Re: He Refuses To Commit by MrCork17: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
uju_1. sweeery dont worry i will commit. r u light skin? undecided
Re: He Refuses To Commit by ronkebp(f): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ Poster, thank God you have mr.D on the side, because that first guy, is not ready ooooo, he likes you alright, but ready? naaa!!!!!
Re: He Refuses To Commit by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
ronky baby whats sup? kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: He Refuses To Commit by kpolli(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
Well just hope Mr D wont make u regret this cos I notice this situations always lead girls to run back to Mr Shy

(1) (2) (Reply)

She's At It Again-bb Gurls / Cheating Married Men / What Is The Best Network To Use In A Long Distance Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.