Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa (58425 Views)

Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – EFCC Chairman / Abdulrasheed Bawa Slumps In Aso Rock / EFCC: Buhari Names Abdulrasheed Bawa To Replace Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by CodeTemplar: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2022
Jokers everywhere
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Franklerry: 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2022
It is not by economics, it is by common sense which is not common. A PhD holder onCe rules us
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Eriokanmi: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2022
After reading some people's comments , I just dey laff. They don't seem to know the fact that the CBN knew what it was doing all along. They deliberately mopped up forex from banks , stopped disbursement of fx to bdcs expecially usd, reduced the SMEs wholesale and SMEs retail disbursement windows.

Now, they'd reverse their policies and dollars would lose value against naira considerably. He who has ears,.let him hear. EFCC is also working in conjunction with the CBN so, the guy could be right but I doubt the 200 naira he quoted and i guess he knew it, which was why he said may. 465 or 500 is likely cos we were at that level early this year before the artificial scarcity was introduced by the cbn..

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by sonature1: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2022
zombieHUNTER:
God abeg oo

yesterday i saw bundles of fresh 1000k notes..

help the naira

Dollars crashed against the naira because the CBN pulled some money from Nigeria's foreign reserves and injected it into the economy. That gain is not sustainable and it has nothing to do with the naira redesign.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1503521-nigerias-foreign-reserves-falls-lowest-level-14month-cbn-continues-withdrawals-defend-naira/
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Yankee101: 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2022
No be lie?
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by fxexperts: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ddworld:

What an idiot. Trust me. USD will become #1000 before the year ends. Can't you ask why people go to BDC? Why not the bank? The little people with dollar, you are frustrating them. You will be shocked when there is no more USD in circulation. You will beg to buy #2,000.

Wait and see
Bro. dont mind them. they are just fools. all these uneducated Urchins just wanting to give themselves hope.

BleedTears:

That he is a security personnel doesn't mean he has zero knowledge of other matters.

Someone who understands the basics of economics and on his position on financial crime can easily analyze the situation on ground regarding naira to dollars exchange rate. You don't need to go to Harvard to understand it.
Then judge what the idiot just said. he is a fool with no sense at all. Jokers everywhere.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Albertgr8: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
Impossible mission
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by BluntCrazeMan: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2022
ibrahimabba7:

https://dailytrust.com/naira-redesign-dollar-may-crash-to-n200-efcc-chairman
Fergie001..

Please is there a way I can get hold of this CBN law?
Is there any link to download it?

I'm happy that redesigning has a stipulated timeline..
Eight-Years to Ten-Years-Maximum is very good.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Eberex(m): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
hapsattaddawus:
Dollar crash, has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with naira redesign.
It has to do with the US policy to check the stock pile of dollars in Africa. Especially Nigeria and South Africa
Stop deceiving yourself.

No mind them
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Munzy14(m): 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2022
abdulwasiubar:
The fact that a platform was given to a security expert to discuss economics is beyond my comprehension. If wishes were horses, the CBN governor will be the first to hop on �
No be same Nigeria where a lawyer is heading fed ministry of works and housing? grin grin grin A position for an Engineer/ builder with outstanding experience.

If Bawa is talking about Money economics instead of The CBN crook, grin grin it is normal.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by miraclea: 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2022
See the people you're appointing as leaders so this is how Naira appreciate by just changing the colour, we truly need deliverance

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
obedience4:
Jezzz, even a ss1 economists student knows that's the dollar crashing against the naira has nothing to do with redesign..
The USA effected a policy change to curtain the amounts of dollars in Africa.
This efcc boss who knows nothing about economics is spilling rubbish

Fake news oga
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
hapsattaddawus:
It has to do with the US policy to check the stock pile of dollars in Africa. Especially Nigeria and South Africa
Stop deceiving yourself.

That news was fake oga
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by berbs: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lie of the century.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ddworld:

What an idiot. Trust me. USD will become #1000 before the year ends. Can't you ask why people go to BDC? Why not the bank? The little people with dollar, you are frustrating them. You will be shocked when there is no more USD in circulation. You will beg to buy #2,000.

Wait and see

Do you think dollar will still rise?

If yes, why pls?
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by PoliteActivist: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:
After reading some people's comments , I just dey laff. They don't seem to know the fact that the CBN knew what it was doing all along. They deliberately mopped up forex from banks , stopped disbursement of fx to bdcs expecially usd, reduced the SMEs wholesale and SMEs retail disbursement windows.

Now, they'd reverse their policies and dollars would lose value against naira considerably. He who has ears,.let him hear. EFCC is also working in conjunction with the CBN so, the guy could be right but I doubt the 200 naira he quoted and i guess he knew it, which was why he said may. 465 or 500 is likely cos we were at that level early this year before the artificial scarcity was introduced by the cbn..

You spoke too soon shocked
Dollar has gone back to above 800 again
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Fiscus105(m): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
Alexbio:
Sure currency redesign is part of devaluation of currency value esp. during inflation in a country. This is one of the best mechanisms the Apex bank use to encourage local investors in order to make foreign patronage expensive. Although, I don't see dollar falling to this extent as mentioned by the OP. because it can't never happen by way of the statistics at hand except miracle. I'm an Economist by the way

Go and learn what they called, currency revaluation.

If govt wants, 1 dollar will be equal to 1naira.

Though, if the country not producing economy and if they have perchant for consuming foreign goods and services, it will depreciate.

Ghana did it few years back, Soludo almost did it, but Yaradua stopped him.
"A revaluation is a calculated upward adjustment to a country's official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline, such as wage rates, the price of gold, or a foreign currency. In a fixed exchange rate regime, only a country's government, such as its central bank, can change the official value of the currency."
https://www.google.com/search?q=currency+revaluation&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l15.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-transsion&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=A%20revaluation%20is,of%20the%20currency.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by PoliteActivist: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2022
LagosInter:

If yes, why pls?

It has already. Back above 800

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by blueAgent(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
SmartyPants:

As if you read my mind. Oga should focus on doing his security work of which he is doing a good job. Leave economics for economists sir.

Which good job?
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Akunatakasi(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Which kind yeye man them carry put as efcc chairman... Chaaaaaaaaiiiiiiii
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Kobonaire234:
The guy is being too optimistic.

Want naira at N200, or less to one measly dollar? Yes, that's right...earn more dollars.

Naira redesign is an unorthodox way of strengthening the naira and dealing with inflation. But the fact that I am calling it unorthodox shows that it isn't the best measure....and by the time the redesign surprise is over...we would be back to square one.

Like Ghana that knocked off two zeros from its cedis. On the surface, looks good, in reality...lipstick on a pig. Ghana like Nigeria is not earning enough dollars...and thus here we are.

Four

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Eriokanmi: 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You spoke too soon shocked
Dollar has gone back to above 800 again
I know. It's temporary. The CBN is yet to intervene. Remember the governor said they'd intervene on fx soon?
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2022
PoliteActivist:

It has already. Back above 800

Above 800 at aboki rate or online?
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Tyrene: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
EFCC-nomics! The same approach that was used in 2015/2016 in the name of fighting corruption. Blocked all sources of FX inflow that resulted in the collapse of small and medium sized businesses. Till date, the economy is yet to recover from that failed decision.

A humble call to experts within Nigeria and in diaspora will save this economy. Many are willing to do this for very little or no renumeration.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
LagosInter:

If yes, why pls?

It is not a rocket science. Go to your bank and request for the long list of importers that have applied for USD for their imports. The list is endless. Forget the toothless CBN. These list are people and companies that are eligible for forex by the same CBN. Talkless of millions whom are not eligible but needs the USD for their production.

The to people with the little USD in circulation are being frustrated. Very soon companies will start folding up and USD will become a luxury.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by bigtt76(f): 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Well ...that's anoda angle and ome of the hoarded Naira might be coming from same route too undecided

BennyDGreat:

Some will end up in neighbouring countries
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Judgesledge(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2022
hapsattaddawus:
Stop deceiving yourself.
inasmuch as I agree with your assertion that appreciation of naira against other currencies has nothing to do with it's redesigning, the reason you provided about US policy with regards to stockpiling of dollars in Nigeria and SA is equally not true, said policy statement is actually FAKE NEWS
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Jackipapa: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2022
Freethinker87:
Just look at the kind of brains we have at the helm of affairs in this country.

We are in Soup, hear what the other one is saying!

Kindly vote wisely, please! Dollar crash due to redesign, Ah bah!

He is a Dullard!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by Advancedman(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2022
ibrahimabba7:

https://dailytrust.com/naira-redesign-dollar-may-crash-to-n200-efcc-chairman

He definitely deserve and earned a jail term.
Infact he ha just proven his incompetence to be head i.e the peter principle.
How there him discuss economic matter with such high level of stupidity of the highest order of insensitivity to the realities on the nation, to me this is incitement and he should be suspended forthwith.
Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by fergie001: 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Please is there a way I can get hold of this CBN law?
Is there any link to download it?

I'm happy that redesigning has a stipulated timeline..
Eight-Years to Ten-Years-Maximum is very good.
Global best practices say 5-8 years but the CBN Act doesn't talk about the years within which it can be done. However, this is a welcome development.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/OUT/CIRCULARS/CSD/2007/CBN%20ACT%202007.PDF

Re: Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa by 43Ronin: 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
Lol. Quota system product has spoken...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ISIS Envoys Attend Swearing-in Of Sani Shuwaram As New ISWAP Leader In Lake Chad / Do We Have Any Of These Helicopter gunships In Nigeria? / President Buhari Admires Photos On His Corridor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.