Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Open Challenge To All Muslims - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Challenge To All Muslims (1550 Views)

Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Challenge To Nairaland Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2022
I put it to you that if you study the Quran well, it'll (not Mohammed) point you to the person of Jesus as the saviour of mankind, God himself.
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by TenQ: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

Still very much around, thanks
I wish you the best of this life an in eternity, you and your family

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
Just to clarify things out.
The word "Allah" is Arabic for "God".
A contraction of the Arabic "al-IIah".

In Hebrew He is called Eloah or Elohim.

In Jesus’ Aramaic He is called Alaha or Ellah.

In Arabic He is called Allah.

Let's create a distinction between the Islamic Allah/God and Allah which is used to identify God. For a Arabic Christian may refer to the God of the Bible (who came in the flesh) as Allah and a Arabic Muslim may refer to the God of the Quran (who didn't come in the flesh) as Allah.

For clarity sake, let's not ascribe the word Allah to Islam, hence let us ask which Allah the other refers to.

Arabic Christians also refer to their Allah as "Abu Esaa" meaning "Father of Jesus".

The two Allahs are not the same: below is what I wrote about the two Allah in the past

Anytime Muslims are exposed that their Allah is an idol and not the same as the Allah Arabic-speaking Christians worship, Muslims run to get validation from the Christians. Islam Allah is a moon and star idol whose image they put at the top of the minarets of their mosques.

Muslims, stop using the fact that Arabs Christians also refer to God as Allah to say that Muslims Allah is not a pagan god.

The generic name for God is Ilah in Arabic and it's usually preceded with 'Al' which means 'The' hence, Al-Ilah which was later contracted to mean Allah. As for your own Allah, the Arab moon god is called Lah and this is also preceded by Al which means 'The' hence, Al and Lah was combined to give you your own Allah.

The Allah Christians,(whether Arabs or Hausa) pray to and worship is the Holy One of Israel, the Father of Christ the Mesaiah, The One not confined to the Kaaba, the One Who doesn't support immorality, the one whom Muhammad was not his Prophet, the one not prayed to in the mosques.

So, the name may sound the same, the One Christians worship is different.

The Arab Christians never joined in the naked worship of Allah in the Kaaba, they never did pilgrimage to the Kaaba, they never associated with the Allah of the Muslisms.
Another thing you should know is that the so called pagans were actually worshipping Allah who was and is, also a pagan god they knew Allah for whom he was and still is, Muhammad didn't tell about a new Allah, Christians and Jews in Mecca that time never joined them in naked worship of Allah the immoral god in the Kaaba, everyone knew the whom they were worshipping.

Abdulmuttalib, Muhammad’s grandfather wh every Muslim agree was pagan but being a pagan that he was, he named his son after his Idol, Allah : Abd Allah :Abdullah..

Another evidence is the revelation in the Quran:

And when they commit a fahisha (evil deed, going round the Kabah in naked state, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.), they say: "We found our fathers doing it and Allah has commanded us of it." ...
- Qur'an 7:28, Muhsin Khan & Muhammad al-Hilali translation.
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2022
TenQ:

I wish you the best of this life an in eternity, you and your family

Ameen, same to you in the name of Allah

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by TenQ: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

Ameen, same to you in the name of Allah
LOL!
My sister, you know that there is NOTHING like "In the name of Allah!" in Islam

No withstanding, have a beautiful day ahead!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2022
advocatejare:

The two Allahs are not the same: below is what I wrote about the two Allah in the past

Anytime Muslims are exposed that their Allah is an idol and not the same as the Allah Arabic-speaking Christians worship, Muslims run to get validation from the Christians. Islam Allah is a moon and star idol whose image they put at the top of the minarets of their mosques.

Muslims, stop using the fact that Arabs Christians also refer to God as Allah to say that Muslims Allah is not a pagan god.

The generic name for God is Ilah in Arabic and it's usually preceded with 'Al' which means 'The' hence, Al-Ilah which was later contracted to mean Allah. As for your own Allah, the Arab moon god is called Lah and this is also preceded by Al which means 'The' hence, Al and Lah was combined to give you your own Allah.

The Allah Christians,(whether Arabs or Hausa) pray to and worship is the Holy One of Israel, the Father of Christ the Mesaiah, The One not confined to the Kaaba, the One Who doesn't support immorality, the one whom Muhammad was not his Prophet, the one not prayed to in the mosques.

The Arab Christians never joined in the naked worship of Allah in the Kaaba, they never did pilgrimage to the Kaaba, they never associated with the Allah of the Muslisms.
Another thing you should know is that the so called pagans were actually worshipping Allah who was and is, also a pagan god they knew Allah for whom he was and still is, Muhammad didn't tell about a new Allah, Christians and Jews in Mecca that time never joined them in naked worship of Allah the immoral god in the Kaaba, everyone knew the whom they were worshipping.

Abdulmuttalib, Muhammad’s grandfather wh every Muslim agree was pagan but being a pagan that he was, he named his son after his Idol, Allah : Abd Allah :Abdullah..

And when they commit a fahisha (evil deed, going round the Kabah in naked state, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.), they say: "We found our fathers doing it and Allah has commanded us of it." ...

You have never been a muslim before yet you are making unverified claims
This is my sixth year reverting to islam and I regret all the years I spent as a christian in ministry
Ha! ha!, ha! If only christians know that islam is the way they will quickly rush to islam
I don't know how to make you understand but I can only say the best thing that has happened to me is islam
Islam gets rid of the devil immediately you accept it and start practicing all your warfare comes to an end and you begin to enjoy holiness, you don't need to keep battling foundation powers, idols, familiar spirit, spirit husband etc if you are committed, may Allah(SWA) open the eyes of those with genuine heart for the divine to the truth in islam insha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
TenQ:

LOL!
My sister, you know that there is NOTHING like "In the name of Allah!" in Islam

No withstanding, have a beautiful day ahead!

It means bismillah, I use it in prayer and it works
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by TenQ: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

It means bismillah, I use it in prayer and it works
Okay, if you mean bismillah although this is not said in prayers except as an opening (like in the Al-Fathia) In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

For us as Christians, 'In the Name of Jesus" is the AUTHORITY by which we tap into the Resources of Heaven. It just simply means "I am not acting in my own Righteousness, Authority or Capacity, I'm asking in Christ's Authority and Grace!"

Wish you a beautiful evening!

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

You have never been a muslim before yet you are making unverified claims
grin Go and read my posts and you will know better.

This is my sixth year reverting to islam and I regret all the years I spent as a christian in ministry
Ha! ha!, ha! If only christians know that islam is the way they will quickly rush to islam
I don't know how to make you understand but I can only say the best thing that has happened to me is islam
Islam gets rid of the devil immediately you accept it and start practicing all your warfare comes to an end and you begin to enjoy holiness, you don't need to keep battling foundation powers, idols, familiar spirit, spirit husband etc if you are committed, may Allah(SWA) open the eyes of those with genuine heart for the divine to the truth in islam insha Allah

You that joined Islam because you were looking for husband

You that converted to Islam and you were still going to church.

Have you forgotten that I’ve exposed your lies before?

you posted on Nairaland on the 31st of October in 2016 that she was looking for a Christian husband! Just the following month, one month after or even less, the so called born again Christian had already converted to Islam, look at what you wrote:

I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after
20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service,…” everything she wrote in that quote is about self-gratification, religious activities and not direct fellowship with God, and she called herself a born-again Christian

You were living with your mum, you had no job, you were praying for a husband, Muslim men would come to you of course because they have conquest mentality and they would have told you what the Quran says about marrying a Christian and of course they would have told you to get converted to Islam before they could marry her. Did you have a choice? No! Because you weren’t working, you had nothing to use as a bargaining chip, the innocent mother would have been tired of housing and feeding a 44year old woman, so she must have advised you to accept the muslim man jeje, and as truly as it is, within one month, you had accepted Islam and now telling us cock and bull story that Holy Spirit led her to Islam, you lied against the Holy Spirit of God!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
TenQ:

Okay, if you mean bismillah although this is not said in prayers except as an opening (like in the Al-Fathia) In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

For us as Christians, 'In the Name of Jesus" is the AUTHORITY by which we tap into the Resources of Heaven. It just simply means "I am not acting in my own Righteousness, Authority or Capacity, I'm asking in Christ's Authority and Grace!"

Wish you a beautiful evening!

Bismillah also mean I give authority to almighty God over everything I do, if one makes it an habit to say it in every situation it is very powerful from my experience, stay blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by TenQ: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

Bismillah also mean I give authority to almighty God over everything I do, if one makes it an habit to say it in every situation it is very powerful from my experience, stay blessed
Okay ma!
I'll probably call you in my next post.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2022
advocatejare:

grin Go and read my posts and you will know better.

You that joined Islam because you were looking for husband

You that converted to Islam and you were still going to church.

Have you forgotten that I’ve exposed your lies before?

you posted on Nairaland on the 31st of October in 2016 that she was looking for a Christian husband! Just the following month, one month after or even less, the so called born again Christian had already converted to Islam, look at what you wrote:

I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after
20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service,…” everything she wrote in that quote is about self-gratification, religious activities and not direct fellowship with God, and she called herself a born-again Christian

You were living with your mum, you had no job, you were praying for a husband, Muslim men would come to you of course because they have conquest mentality and they would have told you what the Quran says about marrying a Christian and of course they would have told you to get converted to Islam before they could marry her. Did you have a choice? No! Because you weren’t working, you had nothing to use as a bargaining chip, the innocent mother would have been tired of housing and feeding a 44year old woman, so she must have advised you to accept the muslim man jeje, and as truly as it is, within one month, you had accepted Islam and now telling us cock and bull story that Holy Spirit led her to Islam, you lied against the Holy Spirit of God!

When I saw your mention i thought I was conversing with a normal person not knowing that you already made up your mind about what you think should be the truth, you are biased and prejudiced, you are welcome to your opinion, alhamdulilahi Minal muslumin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

I have never seen someone as confused as you. You that continued to use the blood of Jesus even as a Muslim despite knowing that Islam doesn’t believe that Jesus shed his blood. Sister you’re a confused soul

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

When I saw your mention i thought I was conversing with a normal person not knowing that you already made up your mind about what you think should be the truth, you are biased and prejudiced, you are welcome to your opinion, alhamdulilahi Minal muslumin
grin
Why are you wailing because I’ve exposed you for the liar that you are?

Na husband you find go Islam, you exchange your soul in search of a Muslim husband. May God have mercy on your soul!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2022
advocatejare:

I have never seen someone as confused as you. You that continued to use the blood of Jesus even as a Muslim despite knowing that Islam doesn’t believe that Jesus shed his blood. Sister you’re a confused soul

I was doing that as a new muslim revert, it was a withdrawal symptom because it was not easy to let go of a long time habit, Allah forbid I will use the blood of Jesus now, I know better but you can keep harping on it, it won't change anything, rather you are setting yourself up for a shock in eternity.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by vannessa7(f): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
advocatejare:

grin
Why are you wailing because I’ve exposed you for the liar that you are?

Na husband you find go Islam, you exchange your soul in search of a Muslim husband. May God have mercy on your soul!

Your lies will not make Almighty Allah to throw away the truth or not know the truth, you are damaged and need help.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2022
vannessa7:

I was doing that as a new muslim revert, it was a withdrawal symptom because it was not easy to let go of a long time habit, Allah forbid I will use the blood of Jesus now, I know better but you can keep harping on it, it won't change anything, rather you are setting yourself up for a shock in eternity.
That’s the more reason you are confused because when you were using it that time, it worked for you but suddenly you are recanting your words!
Be honourable aunty grin
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by LadunaI(m): 11:23am On Nov 20, 2022
advocatejare:

Lol I can't imagine all this nonsensical and concocted "doctrine" you are been taught in your theological school. I read everything you have typed without any iota of meaningful or substantial arguments to really debate on.

You're raising the issue of semantics and how you are have been brainwashed to believe it, just like the way and manner all those concocted story about Prophet Issa (as). I would have reply you in details but not on this myopic and childish thing I will be debating on.

Come out with really issues then you will find the right answers if you are seeker after the truth.

Either you accept it or not, Prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him) was true Muslim! and other prophets and obedient servants of Allah by virtue of their total submission of their will to the Supreme Will of Allah. It doesn't matter how you want to call it or how you want to twist it to align with your baseless and irrelevant challenge you are calling out.

No wonder most of those people you have tag avoided you like plaque, becos they don't want to waste their precious time arguing with somebody like you.

Peace!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by LadunaI(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2022
vannessa7:

Your lies will not make Almighty Allah to throw away the truth or not know the truth, you are damaged and need help.
Sister , no need joining issue with him unless what is necessary and honorable.

Those who are blind in this world would continue to be blind in hereafter no matter what you say to them except Allah wish to bestow light upon them, perhaps if they sincerely seek the truth.

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2022
LadunaI:

Lol I can't imagine all this nonsensical and concocted "doctrine" you are been taught in your theological school. I read everything you have typed without any iota of meaningful or substantial arguments to really debate on.
grin
Rant of a frustrated quarysh idol worshipper!

You're raising the issue of semantics and how you are have been brainwashed to believe it, just like the way and manner all those concocted story about Prophet Issa (as). I would have reply you in details but not on this myopic and childish thing I will be debating on.

Come out with really issues then you will find the right answers if you are seeker after the truth.

Either you accept it or not, Prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him) was true Muslim! and other prophets and obedient servants of Allah by virtue of their total submission of their will to the Supreme Will of Allah. It doesn't matter how you want to call it or how you want to twist it to align with your baseless and irrelevant challenge you are calling out.

No wonder most of those people you have tag avoided you like plaque, becos they don't want to waste their precious time arguing with somebody like you.

Peace!
Take up the challenge and I will take you seriously!

Show me where in the Quran islam is called “submission to Allah “ and Muslim and “one who submits to Allah”

Prove yourself to be knowledgeable about your moon worshipping religion wink
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by LadunaI(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2022
advocatejare:

grin
Rant of a frustrated quarysh idol worshipper!

Take up the challenge and I will take you seriously!

Show me where in the Quran islam is called “submission to Allah “ and Muslim and “one who submits to Allah”

Prove yourself to be knowledgeable about your moon worshipping religion wink

Of what importance is that and how would that be of benefit to you if I explain it?

But before consider you worthy of my attention. Can you tell me the relationship between Christians and Antioch?

Also, the people of Judea and Judaism?

If you can answer that , I might consider given you a chance. Lol

Peace!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by advocatejare(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
LadunaI:

Of what importance is that and how would that be of benefit to you if I explain it?
I didn’t ask for your fake explanation. Just show the reference in your Quran!

Its importance is that it will prove that your Quran is trully complete but if you can’t show it in the Quran, then you Muslims are liars and your Quran is incomplete!

But before consider you worthy of my attention. Can you tell me the relationship between Christians and Antioch?

Also, the people of Judea and Judaism?

If you can answer that , I might consider given you a chance. Lol
I gave you a challenge first, answer me then I will entertain your questions!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hello, please who is a Muslim?
I mean what does it mean to be a Muslim and how was Jesus a Muslim?
Given he was Jewish by birth and read the Torah (Moses) and the prophets (Tanakh)?

PBUY

LadunaI:

Peace!
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
LadunaI:

Sister , no need joining issue with him unless what is necessary and honorable.

Those who are blind in this world would continue to be blind in hereafter no matter what you say to them except Allah wish to bestow light upon them, perhaps if they sincerely seek the truth.

This gives off the idea that your Allah may wish to bestow light upon some and doesn't on others, this doesn't give off a gracious and merciful one.

I don't know, think about it, if I had 20 people visiting my home for a great feast and I overhear that one of my chefs have poisoned the Yam pottage in the feast, then I go ahead to tell 10 people out of 20 about it, and exclude the remaining 10. What would that make me?

Or
All 20 have taken the poisoned meal, and I go ahead to give just 10 good health care and they get cured and leave out the rest, what does that make me?
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by Lukuluku69(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
ApostolosIisous:

This gives off the idea that your Allah may wish to bestow light upon some and doesn't on others, this doesn't give off a gracious and merciful one.

I don't know, think about it, if I had 20 people visiting my home for a great feast and I overhear that one of my chefs have poisoned the Yam pottage in the feast, then I go ahead to tell 10 people out of 20 about it, and exclude the remaining 10. What would that make me?

Or
All 20 have taken the poisoned meal, and I go ahead to give just 10 good health care and they get cured and leave out the rest, what does that make me?

So explain to me what is meant by this saying " I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy......
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by Lukuluku69(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
Hello, please who is a Muslim?
I mean what does it mean to be a Muslim and how was Jesus a Muslim?
Given he was Jewish by birth and read the Torah (Moses) and the prophets (Tanakh)?

PBUY

A Muslim is one who submits to Allah's Will. And what do we mean " Allah's Will"?

His Commandments, His Dos and Don'ts.

Being a Muslim is not confined to your Birth Place or Ethnicity. It has to do with your dispositions to what Allah commands and your reception to those set of guidelines.

So, someone can be Yoruba, Fanti, Hebrew or any other ethnic colorations, it is your dispositions to the Eternal Laws and Guidelines.
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

So explain to me what is meant by this saying " I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy......
You've quoted Exodus.

Read everything to understand, it's understood in context.
Exodus 33:1-21: And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:
And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:
Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.
And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments.
For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.
And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by the mount Horeb.
And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it the Tabernacle of the congregation. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.
And it came to pass, when Moses went out unto the tabernacle, that all the people rose up, and stood every man at his tent door, and looked after Moses, until he was gone into the tabernacle.
And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses.
And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.
And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? [/b]so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; [b]and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

Reading it, you can see that Moses pleads for God's mercy over and over, then God replies that I'll show mercy to whom I will show mercy.

Imagine that you're asking your boss at work to forgive someone and he replies I will forgive who I will forgive with intention that he will indeed forgive, it means whether you ask or not I will show mercy because I am merciful.
If that's not clear enough, Paul clarifies it in Romans.

Romans 9:15-16 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

It's not by effort whatsoever or by your plea that God shows mercy, it's because it's who he is. He shows mercy to anyone.

Jonah speaks of it in
Jonah 4:1-2 when God sent Jonah to preach to the people of Nineveh
But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.
And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Jonah was literally angry that God would have mercy on sinners. He says he knew God is merciful.

Paul again speaks of God's mercy with no strings attached
Ephesians 2:1-9 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Paul says God had mercy while we were yet sinners, with his great love shown towards us in Christ Jesus.

He says we receive that mercy by faith and not of works (by praying to him to have mercy or by doing anything whatsoever in effort to moving God to show mercy.

PBUY
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Interesting, I understand this now.
A Muslim is the Arabic term for one who follows, obeys God.
Now we must ask, what did Jesus, Abraham, Isaac etc say concerning God's commandments, I mean, what is God's commandments. What did these people say it is?

N.B I mentioned Abraham and Isaac because they seem to be found in the Quran and also deemed to be Muslims.

Lukuluku69:

A Muslim is one who submits to Allah's Will. And what do we mean " Allah's Will"?

His Commandments, His Dos and Don'ts.

Being a Muslim is not confined to your Birth Place or Ethnicity. It has to do with your dispositions to what Allah commands and your reception to those set of guidelines.

So, someone can be Yoruba, Fanti, Hebrew or any other ethnic colorations, it is your dispositions to the Eternal Laws and Guidelines.
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by Lukuluku69(m): 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
ApostolosIisous:

You've quoted Exodus.

Read everything to understand, it's understood in context.

Reading it, you can see that Moses pleads for God's mercy over and over, then God replies that I'll show mercy to whom I will show mercy.

Imagine that you're asking your boss at work to forgive someone and he replies I will forgive who I will forgive with intention that he will indeed forgive, it means whether you ask or not I will show mercy because I am merciful.
If that's not clear enough, Paul clarifies it in Romans.

It's not by effort whatsoever or by your plea that God shows mercy, it's because it's who he is. He shows mercy to anyone.

Jonah speaks of it in
Jonah 4:1-2 when God sent Jonah to preach to the people of Nineveh

Jonah was literally angry that God would have mercy on sinners. He says he knew God is merciful.

Paul again speaks of God's mercy with no strings attached

Paul says God had mercy while we were yet sinners, with his great love shown towards us in Christ Jesus.

He says we receive that mercy by faith and not of works (by praying to him to have mercy or by doing anything whatsoever in effort to moving God to show mercy.

PBUY

Apostle, what you have done up here is of no substance to the question I asked. God said He will show mercy to whom He will show Mercy to.
Why God not just show mercy to All and Sundry? Are we not all His Creatures? The Angels, Humans, Demons et Al are we not All His Handiwork?

So, why the selective mercy showing? Would you care to explain?
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by ApostolosIisous: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
You have clearly not read what I posted.
PBUY

Lukuluku69:

Apostle, what you have done up here is of no substance to the question I asked. God said He will show mercy to whom He will show Mercy to.
Why God not just show mercy to All and Sundry? Are we not all His Creatures? The Angels, Humans, Demons et Al are we not All His Handiwork?

So, why the selective mercy showing? Would you care to explain?
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by Lukuluku69(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
Interesting, I understand this now.
A Muslim is the Arabic term for one who follows, obeys God.
Now we must ask, what did Jesus, Abraham, Isaac etc say concerning God's commandments, I mean, what is God's commandments. What did these people say it is?

N.B I mentioned Abraham and Isaac because they seem to be found in the Quran and also deemed to be Muslims.

Yeah a Muslim is the Arabic Term for those who follow God's Commandments and do His Will.

Be you of Igbo, Japanese, China, Yoruba or any ethnic nationality once you belief in God and his prophets, you are a Muslim.

God's Commandments are many and can be broadly classified into 3 vis a) His Commandments as regards your obligation LS to Him as your Creator b) His Commandments as regards your relationship with creation c) His Commandments as to your own self.

The chief of it is the Ten Commandments given to Moses and other commands as spelt out in the Scriptures.

And if you look at it closely the commandments can be narrow down to Two issues:

1. Worship

2. Works.
Re: Open Challenge To All Muslims by Lukuluku69(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
ApostolosIisous:
You have clearly not read what I posted.
PBUY

I did twice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You'll Never Change Your Life Until You Change Your Choices. / Genesis 30 Verse 37-39 / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them- Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.