Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows (208 Views)

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / Reno Omokri Challenges Buhari: Name 3 Projects You Initiated, Started, Completed / PDP Issues Statement On Oshiomhole's Corruption Case; Challenges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by divinehand2003(m): 6:23am On Nov 17, 2022
Once again, President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to hand over to his successor a country free of the current security challenging bedeviling it.

The president expressed confidence that with the gallantry and sacrifices exhibited by men and women of the Nigerian Armed Forces in the campaign against insurgency and other internal security operations, the nation will be returned to normalcy as “we continue to battle, decisively, all the security challenges.”

The president spoke yesterday in Abuja where he disclosed that N134.7 billion had been approved for the payment of Security Debarment Allowance (SDA) to all veterans.

The president also used the occasion to commend the efforts of the Nigerian Armed Forces in frontally confronting banditry, kidnappings, molestations and killing of innocent citizens, saying these ‘‘vices alien to our culture’’ are on the decline.

According to him, normalcy is gradually returning to some affected parts of the country due to the methodical approach and increasing military campaign to decimate subversive elements involved in destructive activities such as ‘‘in the insurgency in North East, militancy in the Niger Delta’’ as well as ethnic and religious tensions in some communities.

He assured Nigerians that his government would continue to reposition and strengthen all security agencies to enable them surmount the security challenges in the country.

He called on business enterprises to appreciate the sacrifice of servicemen and gallant troops by extending support to them in the form of discounts and rebates on purchases and services rendered, saying this would act as a morale booster to members of the Armed Forces and assist them in carrying out their statutory responsibilities.

The president commended state governors who are patrons of veterans in their respective states for their support of the Nigerian Legion.

He announced the donation of N10 million to the Nigerian Legion, on behalf of the federal government, at the launch of the 2023-Armed Forces Remembrance Day Emblem and Appeal fund.

Speaking at the occasion, which preceded the meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), Buhari, in a statement by presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, pledged the federal government’s commitment to the welfare of veterans by ensuring prompt payment of their pension and other entitlements, which had been demonstrated by his approval of the payment of Security Debarment Allowance (SDA) to veterans with effect from 2017.

‘‘However, in order to capture all veterans hitherto excluded from the payment of the SDA, I have approved a review of the effective date of the Manual of Financial Administration for the Armed Forces of Nigeria (MAFA) 2017.

‘‘Accordingly, I have also approved the sum of one hundred and thirty-four billion, seven hundred and forty-nine million, nine hundred and fifty-three thousand, two hundred- and forty-three-naira, sixty-nine kobo (N134,749,953,243.69) only for that purpose,’’ he said.

As the Grand Patron of the Nigerian Legion, President Buhari urged government agencies at the Federal and State levels to continue to patronise the services of the Nigerian Legion Corps of Commissionaires in the provision of security and other administrative services.

The president recounted that the choice of 15th January as the Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration is symbolic because it marked the end of the Nigerian Civil War.

‘‘The occasion gives cause for reflection and reminds us of the sacrifice made by our Armed Forces in preserving the unity of the country and highlights the need for us to guard this unity of jealousy,’’ he said.

He, therefore, implored all citizens to refrain from detrimental actions and statements that threaten national unity and integration but rather engage in positive actions that unite the country.

‘‘The strength of our country lies in our diversity, an endowment we must do all within our means to preserve,’’ he said.

The Senate President Ahmed Lawan, who also promised financial donation on behalf of the National Assembly to the Nigerian Legion, commended the president for giving maximum support to the Nigerian Armed Forces.

The Minister of Defence, Maj.-Gen. Bashir Magashi, pledged that the Ministry would continue to ensure the prompt payment of the entitlements and death benefits of the deceased servicemen.

https://leadership.ng/my-successor-wont-inherit-security-challenges-buhari-vows/
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by PrinceOfLagos: 6:24am On Nov 17, 2022
You're an irresponsible leader, a monumental failure and the worst president on earth

You were at Bola Tinubu "flopped" campaign in Jos and it was as if you weren't present at all, the low turn out of the Jos people shows that Nigerians aren't happy with APC and will surely kick out the satanic party that has brought death and sorrows in the life of so many Nigerians.

Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by divinehand2003(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2022
APC is synonymous to PROMISE AND FAIL.
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by Antoeni(m): 6:25am On Nov 17, 2022
BREAKING NEWS!!!

PLEASE DON'T EVER EAT INDOMIE WITH FRIED
EGG AGAIN AT VENDORS,
ESPECIALLY AT ABOKI JOINTS!!!
I still can't believe what happened to my
friends last night.
They went to a food vendor to eat, they told
the mallam to fix 3 packets of indomie and 8
eggs, then they sat down to chill till he
finished preparing the food; as he was
cooking and they were gisting.
Suddenly he told them the food was ready
then he served them the food. While they
were eating he asked them what they
wanted to drink and they ordered for fanta
and Maltina, he brought the drinks, they
opened it and drank.
30 minutes​ later, they finished eating and
paid the mallam and they started walking
back home when one of them suddenly
remembered that he left his phone on the
table then he ran back to get it, luckily for
him the phone was still there. He picked it
and ran back home to sleep.
And that's exactly what happened.
Nothing more!!
Shey u like story bah!
See as you dey wait for bad news ......
Shebi u dey like bad news abi

Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by asuraking: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2022
I hate lies.if u can't do it,don't say it.
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2022
This useless and irresponsible president thinks he is still campaigning for office.
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by ipobarecriminals: 6:45am On Nov 17, 2022
May God help the country overcome insecurity challenge
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by JASONjnr(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
May God help the country overcome challenge

Your problem is the Igbos and not the North...

After reading the entire nonsense and lies from your supposed president...All you could type is this?

If it were Peter Obi now, you'll begin to rant all over the thread and be calling names.

The other thread, the olodo president said that APC has fulfilled all the promises they made to Nigerians.....
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by ipobarecriminals: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2022
JASONjnr:

Your problem is the Igbos and not the North...

After reading the entire nonsense and lies from your supposed president...All you could type is this?

If it were Peter Obi now, you'll begin to rant all over the thread and be calling names.

The other thread, the olodo president said that APC has fulfilled all the promises they made to Nigerians.....

STOP foaming in the mouth..START praying for ur country.U think ur OBI can handle the insecurity challenge u are facing there grin,? I pity u
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by kk2027: 7:05am On Nov 17, 2022
Can you imagine that Almost 8 years after becoming president, Buhari is still campaigning.

And some people that are seeing all these are supporting Tinubu

Like who Nigeria offend like this?
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by JASONjnr(m): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
STOP foaming in the mouth..START praying for ur country.U think ur OBI can handle the insecurity challenge u are facing there grin,? I pity u

And the useless Buhari you had hopes on as a general couldn't do it because it's a northern affair....

When GEJ started killing them, Elrufai came out telling the press that the North will never forget that killing a Boko haram means killing a Northerner.
Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by sammy7410(m): 7:15am On Nov 17, 2022
Shy u dey wine me ni

Re: My Successor Won’t Inherit Security Challenges, Buhari Vows by ipobarecriminals: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2022
JASONjnr:

And the useless Buhari you hard hopes on as a general couldn't do it because it's a northern affair....

When GEJ started killing them, Elrufai came out telling the press that the North will never forget that killing a Boko haram means killing a Northerner.
"HARD hopes" well,u can Vote ur OBINNA.Nothing do u.Abeg make I sleep,leaving out at 6AM.Good nite cool

(1) (Reply)

APGA Gubernatorial Aspirant: Udensi Endorse Prof Ikonne / Atiku Will Keep The Promise If We Voter Him Against Others Candidate / A Will Unify Nageria If I Be Come President/atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.