Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis (2215 Views)

I Told Jonathan He Would Lose -– TB Joshua / ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) / Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2007
Neither Hilary Nor Obama Would Win If

Neither Obama nor Hilary Clinton would get the nomination if Al Gore and Dukakis enter the race to stand for the Presidency of these USA. Americans are ready for a black to be their president if he is called Powell. And I wonder the dislike for Hilary would do her good at the pools come election day. That is why any other person of political (Democrat Party) substance would beat them if they join in the race.

What do you think?

With kind regards,
ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by PawPaw3(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
Who care
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2007
Who care?

I bet you do subliminally. And of course the rest of the wrold. In today's globalization, any political move even in Guam has repercursions on the total globe. Remember that America is "the world" as they love to say in the USA and leadership in America affects the world's sanity. A case in point, look what happened when the Americans elected Bush instead of Al Gore. I wonder very much if Al Gore would have put the world on fire as Bush did.

We do care properly. Re-think your stand.

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by PawPaw3(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
I didn't quite see it from the above perspective, sorry. Anyway I don't think Hilary is that hated to make it impossible to win the nomination and consequently the election. Those who hate Bush do so with a passion, same with Hilary. The core democratic supporters will vote for her added also is that most Americans are unhappy with Republicans because of the Iraq war.The last House and Senate elections has proved the democrats could win again.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by BlackMamba(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2007
ALHAMBRA:
And I wonder the dislike for Hilary would do her good at the pools come election day.

Who really dislike Hilary, apart from some red-neck deep-south Republicans? Republicans and their right wing media like Fox News strive to maintain these unsubstantiated claim of hatered. It's all political gimmick. She remains the frontrunner in the polls and shows no sign of decline. Short of a major debacle between now and November 2008, Hilary will be the next president.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by esco399(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
I agree, I also think if Al Gore comes in, game over for the others, I think the democrats are really shooting themselves in the foot though. This is the elections that is supposed to be handed over to them on a silver platter (with the populations dissatisfaction with Bush & the republicans), but what do they do, they put out 2 minorities (Hillary & Obama) as their front runners, and not just minorities, both of them will be the first of any kind for America, and as much as we may like them, America is not really ready for this (and it is very "unspoken"), I think a lot of Democrats are even voting independent because they don't want to be forced to pick between either, John Edwards may actually reap the rewards of this, mindless of what the polls currently say,
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by BABEELOVE(f): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
In due course, most will understand that there is no difference between the Reps and the Dems---they are all Americans and do what is in the best interest of America.  You can vote for anyone you feel is best.  In the final analysis--getting things done through the houses usually tells how much support you have.

So it does not matter because one person does not govern America!

My choice---GO HILARY!!!!!!!  OBAMA FOR VICE!!!! kiss
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2007
Babeelove, I beg to disagree with your stand. For example, all football teams play football, using certain moves and other elements to seek success. Notwithstanding, individuals go bananas in their support for particular teams. So your saying that there is no difference between Republicans and democrats undercuts the issue at stake. There is a vast difference.

I am a Republican because I follow Lincoln. He liberated the slaves and fought for their civil liberties. He did not finish the job because he was assassinated. His death added a bit more spice to the reasons why I like him. Then I realized that he was a Republican, hence I followed the Republicans. Such basis for selecting a political party may be shallow but such iare the foibles that go to make the human total.

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Tornadoz(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ALHAMBRA
I am a Republican because I follow Lincoln. He liberated the slaves and fought for their civil liberties.
Lincoln is no longer leading the Republican party and would you say with all sincereity, the policy of the Rep is better suited to you as a black person? Be careful what you wish for, the Republican party don't give a damn about black people.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2007
I could not agree with you more on the issue of whether or not the Republican Party gives a hoot in hell about blacks, I think what turns the whites off on our issues is our attitude, or laziness and poor contribution to any thing for our common good. A case in point, my nephew came to us in the US. I need not tell you what we go through in order to get a relation to come over from Africa. But when this chap finally got here, he refused to see what it takes to live in America. My wife and I opened a savings bank account for him and we got him the necessary papers to work and attend college. Would you believe me if I told you that the fool is now doing some time in jail on weapon's charge? I do not even own a weapon. How his freinds drove him into this, I do not know.

We, or some blacks tend to have similar attitude toward work, business, and life in general. Who would not leave such a person behind?

Regards.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Iman3(m): 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2007
Tornadoz:

@ALHAMBRALincoln is no longer leading the Republican party and would you say with all sincereity, the policy of the Rep is better suited to you as a black person? Be careful what you wish for, the Republican party don't give a damn about  black people.

If you are in favour of :pro-life,anti-gay marriage,lower tax,smaller Government,free trade and pro-business policies,you will be pro-Republican.

More Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act.There are some contemptible members of the Republican party but it will utter foolishness to claim that the party as a whole,doesn't care about Black people
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by BABEELOVE(f): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2007
ALHAMBRA:

Babeelove, I beg to disagree with your stand. For example, all football teams play football, using certain moves and other elements to seek success. Notwithstanding, individuals go bananas in their support for particular teams. So your saying that there is no difference between Republicans and democrats undercuts the issue at stake. There is a vast difference.

I am a Republican because I follow Lincoln. He liberated the slaves and fought for their civil liberties. He did not finish the job because he was assassinated. His death added a bit more spice to the reasons why I like him. Then I realized that he was a Republican, hence I followed the Republicans. Such basis for selecting a political party may be shallow but such are the foibles that go to make the human total.

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA

you are comparing football to politics?  I do not know where you live sha but all I can say is that my quality of life has not changed since I moved over here.  If you want to succeed, you do not need reps or dems to do that.  There are already basic laws of human rights not political maneuvers to accomplish that!   

Let us wait and see!!!!!  I just vote because I like the people I vote for.  Republicans are just too ugly facially!!!! grin grin grin grin grin  If I knew Mitt Romney had the slightest chance, na the bobo me for vote for!  You no see am?  Correct bobo!!!!! cool  I say Hilary jare---make we see Bill Clinton once again! tongue

I-man:

If you are in favour of :pro-life,anti-gay marriage,lower tax,smaller Government,free trade and pro-business policies,you will be pro-Republican.

More Republicans than Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act.There are some contemptible members of the Republican party but it will utter foolishness to claim that the party as a whole,doesn't care about Black people

All this na for paper!  I say they are the same! Leave the matter!!!! cheesy Took me a while to understand these Americans. If you listen to everything they tell you, you go miss road tire!!!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Tornadoz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2007
Over 70% black people would vote democrats any day and in any election. Since you have a monopoly of information of how well the Reps have treated black people, maybe you should share it.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Tornadoz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ALHAMBRA
ALHAMBRA:

I could not agree with you more on the issue of whether or not the Republican Party gives a hoot in hell about blacks, I think what turns the whites off on our issues is our attitude, or laziness and poor contribution to any thing for our common good. A case in point, my nephew came to us in the US. I need not tell you what we go through in order to get a relation to come over from Africa. But when this chap finally got here, he refused to see what it takes to live in America. My wife and I opened a savings bank account for him and we got him the necessary papers to work and attend college. Would you believe me if I told you that the fool is now doing some time in jail on weapon's charge? I do not even own a weapon. How his freinds drove him into this, I do not know.
We, or some blacks tend to have similar attitude toward work, business, and life in general. Who would not leave such a person behind?
Regards.
Sorry about your nephew, a boy like that would not make it anywhere, anyway you on the other hand "came, saw and conquered".
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Iman3(m): 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2007
Tornadoz:

Over 70% black people would vote democrats any day and in any election. Since you have a monopoly of information of how well the Reps have treated black people, maybe you should share it.

Ok,Tornadoz,feel free to feed us your nauseating pablum
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2007
I definitely think Hilary has a good chance of winning if she emerges from the primaries.

If Obama wins in the primaries, I am not so sure as barely
submerged prejudices might rear their ugly heads.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by BlackMamba(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2007
Obama is a feel good story. Can he win even the primary? Are you kidding? Not in America. Not yet.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2007
I dont see y he cannot win in the primaries

sort of reminds me of the Lieberman defeat of last year in a primary,
and the fixation of the Dems with Dukakis in the 80'S.

So they have got priors
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Iman3(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2007
Obama is his own worst enemy.He is too far to the left to win the nomination.His inexperience,as reflected in some of his foreign policy utterances,have shown in the last few weeks.Lets face it,if he wasn't half black,he won't have made it this far.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by Seun(m): 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2007
Some say he can't win because he's black. Others say his color is why he is still standing. Politics!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2007
I guess Obama is the archetypal Rorschach test
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2007
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis
« #20 on: Yesterday at 10:03:37 PM »

What is the archetypical "Rorschach test" ?

Do you care to enlighten us, please.

Regards. smiley
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by BABEELOVE(f): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2007
ALHAMBRA:

Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis
« #20 on: Yesterday at 10:03:37 PM »

What is the archetypical "Rorschach test" ?

Do you care to enlighten us, please.

Regards. smiley

na oyinbo now!!!!
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2007
That means you see in him whatever you want.
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by damoche07(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2007
Doyin13,thanks for the clarification on that your 'oyinbo'.I was almost encatarising and wikipediing the word.Naija people and oyinbo language
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2007
Thanks indeed. Your explanation put in such candid terms actually fully explains what rorschach ink blot test means. I have appended something I came across to buttress my point.

"The Rorschach inkblot test (pronounced IPA: [ʁoɐʃax]) is a method of psychological evaluation. Psychologists use this test to try to examine the personality characteristics and emotional functioning of their patients. The Rorschach is currently the second most commonly used test in forensic assessment, after the MMPI, and is the second most widely used test by members of the Society for Personality Assessment. It has been employed in diagnosing underlying thought disorder and differentiating psychotic from nonpsychotic thinking in cases where the patient is reluctant to openly admit to psychotic thinking".

The question is how does this test refer to Obaama? Do people actually see whatever they want to think or say about him? This is swell?

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Alhambra

Hahahaha

Well if all translations were literary then English would be the most accomplished language in the world

Seeing as you are curious I suggest googling Rorschach candidate.

It might prove informative
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 11:38am On Aug 29, 2007
You will observe that I put my thread in quotation marks, meaning I did not initiate it. In fact, you suggested that I should go to the Google for assistance. Indeed, sir, that quote is from Google. Any more suggestions?

Regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 11:48am On Aug 29, 2007
Photo
1 of 1Full Size
Featured Broker sponsored link
CASTRO OF CUBA is calling the cards. The following was culled from the DRUDGE REPORTS

By Anthony Boadle

HAVANA (Reuters) - Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro is tipping Democratic candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to team up and win the U.S. presidential election.

Clinton leads Obama in the race to be the Democratic nominee for the November 2008 election, and Castro said they would make a winning combination.

"The word today is that an apparently unbeatable ticket could be Hillary for president and Obama as her running mate," he wrote in an editorial column on U.S. presidents published on Tuesday by Cuba's Communist Party newspaper, Granma.

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by doyin13(m): 11:55am On Aug 29, 2007
Wetin be this one and your niceties.

A bit patronizing I find.

I have added a quote and a web link. Hope this helps

If it doesn't help, then rather than the Alhambra, the ancient mosque in Timbuktu might be a better option. grin

''Obama is like a Rorschach test. Depending on its viewpoint, the electorate sees a smart, decisive leader who, in the vein of a Colin Powell, mirrors our highest ideals about ourselves. Others see skin tone and a civil-rights pedigree that give them hope that we're finally ready to walk the walk of diversity.''

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19384
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by ALHAMBRA(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2007
Doyin 13,

Thanks a million. I need not go to Timbuktu at all. Yours has "drank the cup and all", if I may be allowed to be a bit Shakespearean.

And I dare say you have a great sense of humour. Thanks.

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis by mazaje(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2007
  Obama is his own worst enemy.He is too far to the left to win the nomination.His inexperience,as reflected in some of his foreign policy utterances,have shown in the last few weeks.Lets face it,if he wasn't half black,he won't have made it this far. 

Is hillary clinton more experienced than obama? if she is then let us know what makes her more experieced, being the wife of a preseident does'nt count as experience to me besides hillary is part of the conventional system in washington  that seriously needs to be changed. obama has more bills than her in the senate, he has better judement than her and thats what matters the most not experience she voted for the iraq war without even reading the NIE report and she said she did a personal research and discovered that saddam hussien has WMDs now that she is running for president she is saying that george bush tricked her into voting for the war, no body was more experienced than george bush and cheney before the iraq war but see where their experience has landed the US.

Obama rejected the iraq invasion since when it was'nt popular to do so, besides that he predicted that the US will be in the situation it has found it self in since before the war. thats what is needed in a leader(good judement) not experience no body can be experienced about the presidency except the former persidents them selves. hillary was in the white house she had a failed health care plan and a lot of other failed policies which she single handedly tried to implement. the republicans are just pushing and propelling hillary because they know she will be the easiest person to beat because she is very polarising and has a lot of dirt in her cupboard wait till she gets the nomination then you will know the real hillary by the time the republicans are through with her. hillary is not bill clinton. obama will be the best person for the US but because he is black and a bit too honest i seriously doubt if he will ever win.

As for his so called foreign policy gaffe i will like you to read his speech if you have'nt instead of listening to what the main stream media are saying about him which are all lies. hillary her self made almost the same remark a day after he delivered his speech, all he said was that if the US has actionable intelligence about osama bin laden and  other high valued targets in pakistan and the pakistani government won't or can't act then the US should. the biggest treat to the US national security are in the mountains of north west pakistan, and intelligence has revealed that alqeada's strength is almost as it was in the pre 911 era. should the US allow them  train and come and attack them again or will it be better to go after them and take them out knowing fully well that the pakistani government has no control over those tribal areas where osama and his cronies are hiding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now A Local Govt. Chairman / Save Nigeria Group Endorses Buhari. / Pinnacle Oil To Build N39bn Mooring Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.