Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

“The Reasons For Divorce.” - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / “The Reasons For Divorce.” (22323 Views)

So That It Doesn’t Get To Divorce: 10 Pieces Of Golden Advice. / Is It Permissive To Divorce A Woman Caught Cheating During Sawm? / He Said To Her “I Divorce You” With The Intention Of Threatening And Scaring Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“The Reasons For Divorce.” by akinsmail51: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2022
The meaning of al-Talaq linguistically and legislatively is the same.

It means to lift the restriction of marriage and to end it immediately - or to end it after the passing o f a specific amount of time (i.e. with the option to take one’s wife back).

It is to end the marriage without any compensation. It occurs by direct statements, such as ‘You are divorced.’

It also occurs by indirect statements, such as ‘You are free,’ or ‘Catch up to your family,’ or ‘Go to your family.’ All of these statements are indirect.

Divorce also occurs by way of gestures for a person who cannot speak. It also occurs by way of writing.

Below are some of the most prevalent reasons for divorce.

Weak Religiosity:

One of the most prevalent reasons for divorce is weak religious restraints by both spouses, or one of them - from the angle of not perform ing prayer, not fearing Allah concerning their actions, not performing the rights of Allah and not carrying out the rights of the spouse. And this is whether this emanates from the male or the female.

Bad Manners Displayed by the Woman or the Man:

Just as it is said:
“The punishm ent o f a man is the awful character o f his wife.”

And it is possible that the man is the one w ith foul character. It is not always the woman who is the one with poor character. For this reason, this speech is directed at both genders. Perhaps, I myself, am the one who needs [to hear] this speech the most.

Bad mannerisms are a reason for the decline of the condition o f martial life. How many times do we hear about the vile character o f the wife towards her husband: She is arrogant towards him, she yells at him, and she tries to overpower him by using words and actions that will make him angry. And it is possible that it is the man w ho is like this. W e ask Allah for well-being.

Spreading Secrets:

It is possible that the wife is a chatterbox. N o w ord remains in her m outh or on her tongue concerning w hat takes place between her and her husband. It does not m atter w hether it is im portant or not important; she spreads it to her companions and friends.

“We went...” “We left...” “We stayed...” “We spoke...” “We ate...” “W e drank...” etc.

Nothing remains in her mouth. She may chatter to her friends or her mother. It is possible that this is a trial for a man, too. He might be a chatterbox.

In these situations, a man is no t pleased w ith a wife like this; not a single secret remains in her home. He may remain patient for a month, a year - but he may no t remain patient the whole of his life. He will be forced to divorce her to protect himself from her evil.

A Lack o f Affection and Intimacy from Both Spouses or One of Them:

This is also som ething that occurs. There are many complaints in our court systems, and some o f them are due to w hat we referred to: wom en requesting their rights to intimacy.

This is because the husband may not be able to fulfill her desires, so many divorces happen because o f these reasons.

Exhibiting Controlling Behavior:

It is said about this type of wife that she is controlling. It is said about her that she loves an excess amount of control; she wants dictatorship over her husband and over her life.

Devilish whisperings also enter into this. She also does not want him to love anyone except for her.

She becomes annoyed if she sees him respecting his mother, bonding with her and carrying out her requests.

She becomes annoyed if she see him caring for his brothers and sisters, and she dictates to him.

She does not want him to display love and care for anyone except for her. She wants him to submit to only her. She wants to be his dictator.

This is the type of wife, if she continues with this type of behavior, then it would be acceptable for him to divorce her.

The Salary of the Wife:

It occurs in these times that if the wife is a doctor, a teacher or a worker, and she has a salary, then indeed this salary, for some and maybe many people - has caused misery, wretchedness, separation and problems within martial life.

The husband wants some o f her salary, her m other wants some o f her salary and her father wants some o f her salary, yet she needs her salary.

Thus, the salary becomes a torment for her and her family; and by family I intend martial life.

Everybody is focused on the worldly life, thus the martial life is spoiled because o f this wealth. This is something that occurs in our society.

The Husband Hastily Divorcing His Wife:

Some husbands, they do not have any patience, nor any deliberation. They are quick to act and they become enraged quickly.

In reality, this type of man needs a muzzle on his mouth, and he needs to learn deliberation and patience.

He must learn that marital life is not [always] a bed of beautiful flowers, and that it is not [always] fertile earth and moist land; rather, there are thorns in the path, and there are floods and mountains.

It is upon the man to embody the role Allah has placed him in, so he does not display haste, nor does he become irate. He must be forbearing, patient, measured and seek the aid of Allah.

He is not rash. Anger does not bring forth good. Therefore, as long as Allah has placed divorce in your hand, O slave o f Allah, then you be as great as the responsibility.

Source; Divorce: Its Reasons and Its Cures by Shaykh Abu Furayhan Jamal Ibn Furayhan al-Harithi, Translation by Jamil Finch.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Techpik: 11:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Seun hit for aza...
FTC funds
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by triple996(m): 11:42am On Dec 16, 2022
Jazakhalahu khair smiley

1 Like

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by RedpillAnalyst: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2022
Monogamy too is one of the biggest reasons for divorce.

Polygamy where women know it is okay for a man to have more than one wife the marriage is way more peaceful than managing one wife.

A woman monopolizing everything because she knows there's no competition and a man has to deal with her petty nonsense, and many men have have to deal with a bad woman who can't fulfill her basic obligation of cooking and keeping silent and not nag at little everything and not using intimacy with her husband as a weapon of control.

I never planned to have multiple partners, but it is okay for women to understand that men can be polygamous if they want as long as they have the resources.

Also, nobody is practicing real monogamy today, we are all deceiving ourselves and over 99% of women have certainly participated in some kind of ethical non-monogamy arrangement which is still a polygamous relationship.

Monogamy is one intimate partner for life. Starting from birth till death of one partner.
No dating, no exes, no baby daddies, no hook ups, no sneeky links, no being side chic to a senator or that famous dude in school, no FwB, no zaddy.

If a girl marries as a non virgin, she can not say polygamy is evil or bad because she herself has engaged herself in pseudo-polygamous relationship.

Mordern monogamy has killed marriage.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Camberlo(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
Jazakumllah Khairan, jumaat Mubarak

1 Like

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
Reason of divorce too many. If you as a husband somebody release sextapes of her wife doing, single some, party, foursome cum swallowing, wife been bathed in cum. The husband then use his number 6 and you conclude that the husband is not God-fearing.
And you as a wife you find out that your husband is an impregnating matching and a wife beater and you leave the marriage, one Alfa come conclude say you know fear God.

1 Like

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by EmmaLege: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
smiley
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Hassanmaye(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2022
akinsmail51:
The meaning of al-Talaq linguistically and legislatively is the same.

It means to lift the restriction of marriage and to end it immediately - or to end it after the passing o f a specific amount of time (i.e. with the option to take one’s wife back).

It is to end the marriage without any compensation. It occurs by direct statements, such as ‘You are divorced.’

It also occurs by indirect statements, such as ‘You are free,’ or ‘Catch up to your family,’ or ‘Go to your family.’ All of these statements are indirect.

Divorce also occurs by way of gestures for a person who cannot speak. It also occurs by way of writing.

Below are some of the most prevalent reasons for divorce.

Weak Religiosity:

One of the most prevalent reasons for divorce is weak religious restraints by both spouses, or one of them - from the angle of not perform ing prayer, not fearing Allah concerning their actions, not performing the rights of Allah and not carrying out the rights of the spouse. And this is whether this emanates from the male or the female.

Bad Manners Displayed by the Woman or the Man:

Just as it is said:
“The punishm ent o f a man is the awful character o f his wife.”

And it is possible that the man is the one w ith foul character. It is not always the woman who is the one with poor character. For this reason, this speech is directed at both genders. Perhaps, I myself, am the one who needs [to hear] this speech the most.

Bad mannerisms are a reason for the decline of the condition o f martial life. How many times do we hear about the vile character o f the wife towards her husband: She is arrogant towards him, she yells at him, and she tries to overpower him by using words and actions that will make him angry. And it is possible that it is the man w ho is like this. W e ask Allah for well-being.

Spreading Secrets:

It is possible that the wife is a chatterbox. N o w ord remains in her m outh or on her tongue concerning w hat takes place between her and her husband. It does not m atter w hether it is im portant or not important; she spreads it to her companions and friends.

“We went...” “We left...” “We stayed...” “We spoke...” “We ate...” “W e drank...” etc.

Nothing remains in her mouth. She may chatter to her friends or her mother. It is possible that this is a trial for a man, too. He might be a chatterbox.

In these situations, a man is no t pleased w ith a wife like this; not a single secret remains in her home. He may remain patient for a month, a year - but he may no t remain patient the whole of his life. He will be forced to divorce her to protect himself from her evil.

A Lack o f Affection and Intimacy from Both Spouses or One of Them:

This is also som ething that occurs. There are many complaints in our court systems, and some o f them are due to w hat we referred to: wom en requesting their rights to intimacy.

This is because the husband may not be able to fulfill her desires, so many divorces happen because o f these reasons.

Exhibiting Controlling Behavior:

It is said about this type of wife that she is controlling. It is said about her that she loves an excess amount of control; she wants dictatorship over her husband and over her life.

Devilish whisperings also enter into this. She also does not want him to love anyone except for her.

She becomes annoyed if she sees him respecting his mother, bonding with her and carrying out her requests.

She becomes annoyed if she see him caring for his brothers and sisters, and she dictates to him.

She does not want him to display love and care for anyone except for her. She wants him to submit to only her. She wants to be his dictator.

This is the type of wife, if she continues with this type of behavior, then it would be acceptable for him to divorce her.

The Salary of the Wife:

It occurs in these times that if the wife is a doctor, a teacher or a worker, and she has a salary, then indeed this salary, for some and maybe many people - has caused misery, wretchedness, separation and problems within martial life.

The husband wants some o f her salary, her m other wants some o f her salary and her father wants some o f her salary, yet she needs her salary.

Thus, the salary becomes a torment for her and her family; and by family I intend martial life.

Everybody is focused on the worldly life, thus the martial life is spoiled because o f this wealth. This is something that occurs in our society.

The Husband Hastily Divorcing His Wife:

Some husbands, they do not have any patience, nor any deliberation. They are quick to act and they become enraged quickly.

In reality, this type of man needs a muzzle on his mouth, and he needs to learn deliberation and patience.

He must learn that marital life is not [always] a bed of beautiful flowers, and that it is not [always] fertile earth and moist land; rather, there are thorns in the path, and there are floods and mountains.

It is upon the man to embody the role Allah has placed him in, so he does not display haste, nor does he become irate. He must be forbearing, patient, measured and seek the aid of Allah.

He is not rash. Anger does not bring forth good. Therefore, as long as Allah has placed divorce in your hand, O slave o f Allah, then you be as great as the responsibility.

Source; Divorce: Its Reasons and Its Cures by Shaykh Abu Furayhan Jamal Ibn Furayhan al-Harithi, Translation by Jamil Finch.
Jazakallah

2 Likes

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Dcaliphate(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Tayorshd2(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2022
It's well ooo I think real monogamy has existed during to time of our forefathers and not the present day of today
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by olgaa14: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Lol
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Agrico1: 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
May we never marry wrong..... People are going through alot in marriages.

2 Likes

Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Ekundayo7574(m): 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Devoice are much in south east that's why they run to Lagos looking for shelter and who will take good care of there bastard child
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by QozzyBrown: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by money121(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ok
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by VivaNG: 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Interesting read
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by EmmaLege: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
sad
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by Bakrabas: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
Agrico1:
May we never marry wrong..... People are going through alot in marriages.

Aamin... that's my number fear for now. If not for Islam I may remain single till the end.

Though I don't fornicate, I don't drink, I don't club and I don't have gf

I've a steady income Alhamdulillah

I cannot handle the pressure, sometimes I put myself on an adventure just to catch fun

Now the pressure is getting to hot from friends and relatives to bring a wife
Re: “The Reasons For Divorce.” by niyi123: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
I am Olaniyi, 37years, base in Lagos, public servant.
I am interested in muslim sister between the age of 24- 30years, AA genotype for serious relationship.
Please, I need a sincere lady not a player.
I can be reach on 07035549961

(1) (Reply)

Shortening The Prayer During A Journey / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? / 400 People Convert To Islam In Niger State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.