Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? (22383 Views)

Do Muslim Have Worship Songs / As A Muslim, Have You Ever Asked Yourself; What's Next After Death? / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by amedino(m): 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2010
I just want to know if it is right islamically for muslim couples to be joined together during the holy month.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by Sabotage4700(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2012
Nope, it can only be before or after ramadan.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by OmoAlata(f): 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
Someone I knew got married during the ramadan period but he was a tight-fisted git and he only married during that time because he did not have to supply food and drinks. After the ceremony, we all went home. Everyone threatened to come back after the fast but he said the marriage was in the morning and was over!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by tpia5: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
That's an interesting way of cutting down on wedding costs.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by maclatunji: 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
Sabotage4700: Nope, it can only be before or after ramadan.

#Goodgrief, how did you come across this wild and false assertion? Time is not a barrier to marriage in Islam. You can have your marriage at anytime.

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
maclatunji:

#Goodgrief, how did you come across this wild and false assertion? Time is not a barrier to marriage in Islam. You can have your marriage at anytime.

it is however makruh (highly discouraged) or may be even haram (i'm not sure of it being haram),but certainly discouraged to have weddings or any form of celebration in the Islamic months of Muharram and Safar.as for the month of ramadan,there is no objection.however,since most people are fasting,i find it odd for someone to hold a wedding ceremony during this period.but if you wish so,there is no objection to have such a ceremony during the month of ramadan.

you can find out more on that if you doubt me.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by maclatunji: 12:11am On Aug 12, 2012
^Based on what? I hope you are not sleepy whilst typing. Islam encourages marriage, so your identifying certain months as being unsuitable is an exercise in "ridiculousness".
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 12:32am On Aug 12, 2012
maclatunji: ^Based on what? I hope you are not sleepy whilst typing. Islam encourages marriage, so your identifying certain months as being unsuitable is an exercise in "ridiculousness".

Though basically marriage is allowed at all times, there are some days on which marriage is not recommended; some of these are based on ahadith and some on cultural, historical reasons.

Generally, we can categorize these days into three: (a) There are some ahadith which say that it is makruh (not recommended) to have a marriage ceremony on the days when the moon is in the constellation of Scorpio (this is known as al-qamar fil aqrab or qamar dar aqrab), during the last two or three days of the lunar months, and on Wednesdays. (b) There are certain days of the Islamic calendar which have become associated with the early events of the Islamic history; for example, the 10th of Muharram is the day of mourning and grief for the massacre at Karbala or the day of the Prophet's death in Safar, etc. Since such days are commemorated by the Muslims as days of mourning,and symbolic days of grief for Muslims, it is socially and, to some extent, religiously not recommended to have a marriage ceremony on such days.

The Shia Muslims, especially in India and Pakistan, rarely perform marriage ceremony between the 1st of Muharram and the 8th of Rabi al-Awwal as this period includes the mourning days of Muharram culminating in the martyrdom of Imam Hassan al-Askari (a.s.)-the 11th holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

The 9th Rabi al-Awwal is celebrated as Eid-Az-Zahra which marks the day the companion of Prophet Muhammad (sa), Mukhtar al-Thaqafi (ra) took revenge for the tragedy of Karbala and killed the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) who had taken part in beheading Imam Hussain (as) and his family members and loyal followers.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by maclatunji: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2012
^ Rolls eyes. People, marry on any day convenient for you and pray for God's blessings on your union.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by tbaba1234: 6:24am On Aug 12, 2012
Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing in Islam to suggest that it is not allowed to get married during the month of Ramadaan because it is Ramadaan, or in any other month. Rather marriage is permitted on any day of the year.

But the one who is fasting in Ramadaan must refrain from eating, drinking and intercourse from dawn until sun set. So if he can control himself and there is no fear of him doing something that will break his fast, there is nothing wrong with him getting married in Ramadaan.

It seems that those who want to start married life in Ramadaan usually cannot be patient and keep away from their new wives throughout the day, and there is the fear that they may do something that is forbidden and they may fall into grave sin, for which it is obligatory to make up that day’s fast and offer a severe expiation, which is freeing a slave; if that is not possible then they must fast for two consecutive months; if that is not possible then they must feed sixty poor persons. If intercourse happens repeatedly on a number of days, then this expiation must also be repeated for the same number.

Ref: http://islamqa.com/en/ref/65736/marry%20ramadan

1 Like

Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 6:27am On Aug 12, 2012
maclatunji: ^ Rolls eyes. People, marry on any day convenient for you and pray for God's blessings on your union.

Well I wouldn't want to hold a marriage ceremony of any sort on the day the Prophet (sa) or any member of his Ahlul-Bayt (as) passed away or were martyred,especially on the day of Ashura marking Imam Hussain's (as) martyrdom in the tragedy of Karbala.

I feel it is inappropriate if I truly have the sense of belonging and association with the holy Prophet (sa) to rejoice on a symbolic day that held much grief for him and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).

It is more of a personal and emotional attachment to the Prophet (sa).
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by BetaThings: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2012
LagosShia:

Though basically marriage is allowed at all times, there are some days on which marriage is not recommended; some of these are based on ahadith and some on cultural, historical reasons.

Generally, we can categorize these days into three: (a) There are some ahadith which say that it is makruh (not recommended) to have a marriage ceremony on the days when the moon is in the constellation of Scorpio (this is known as al-qamar fil aqrab or qamar dar aqrab), during the last two or three days of the lunar months, and on Wednesdays. (b) There are certain days of the Islamic calendar which have become associated with the early events of the Islamic history; for example, the 10th of Muharram [/b]is the day of mourning and grief for the massacre at Karbala or the day of the Prophet's death in Safar, etc. Since such days are commemorated by the Muslims as days of mourning,and symbolic days of grief for Muslims, it is [b]socially and, to some extent, religiously not recommended to have a marriage ceremony on such days.

The Shia Muslims, especially in India and Pakistan, rarely perform marriage ceremony between the 1st of Muharram and the 8th of Rabi al-Awwal as this period includes the mourning days of Muharram culminating in the martyrdom of Imam Hassan al-Askari (a.s.)-the 11th holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

The 9th Rabi al-Awwal is celebrated as Eid-Az-Zahra which marks the day the companion of Prophet Muhammad (sa), Mukhtar al-Thaqafi (ra) took revenge for the tragedy of Karbala and killed the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) who had taken part in beheading Imam Hussain (as) and his family members and loyal followers.

10th of Muharam is not a day of mourning. That is a shia idea. Muslims fast on that day
We don't mourn the passing of the Prophet (PBUH) or the assassination of any of the rightly guided caliphs
9th of Rabi Al-Awwal is not a special day for Muslims
I personally believe that the Shia calendar has too many eids.
For LagosShia's efforts here, when he passes on, I believe he deserves a Shia eid
But that will not happen, Insha Allah. I pray that he lives long and reverts to the right path (becomes a sunni) before Allah takes his life

BTW nothing stops a man from doing his nikah during Ramadan or any other month. If done in Ramadan, he can have his Walimah (where he will entertain guests) after Ramadan
Nikah is one of those things we don't delay. But if the man does it in the last third of Ramadan, it might interfere with his plan for Itkaf, if he has such pland
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
BetaThings:

10th of Muharam is not a day of mourning. That is a shia idea. Muslims fast on that day
We don't mourn the passing of the Prophet (PBUH) or the assassination of any of the rightly guided caliphs
9th of Rabi Al-Awwal is not a special day for Muslims
I personally believe that the Shia calendar has too many eids.
For LagosShia's efforts here, when he passes on, I believe he deserves a Shia eid
But that will not happen, Insha Allah. I pray that he lives long and reverts to the right path (becomes a sunni) before Allah takes his life

BTW nothing stops a man from doing his nikah during Ramadan or any other month. If done in Ramadan, he can have his Walimah (where he will entertain guests) after Ramadan
Nikah is one of those things we don't delay. But if the man does it in the last third of Ramadan, it might interfere with his plan for Itkaf, if he has such pland

Holy Quran 19:43
"...indeed there has come to me of knowledge that which has not come to you, so follow me; I will guide you to an even path".

Holy Quran 2:145
"...So if you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, indeed, you would then be among the wrongdoers".

the reality of BetaThing and those he is defending to conceal the significance of Ashura and the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as):

"Saudi Wahhabis Name School In Honor Of Yazeed"
https://www.nairaland.com/868603/saudi-wahhabis-name-school-honor
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by BetaThings: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2012
LagosShia:
the reality of BetaThing and those he is defending to conceal the significance of Ashura and the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as):

"Saudi Wahhabis Name School In Honor Of Yazeed"
https://www.nairaland.com/868603/saudi-wahhabis-name-school-honor

You are threading a path that will be embarrassing to you.
Suffice at this time to ask
why do I need to conceal anything? Because I can on my own work my way to Jannah?
Has anybody disputed the unjust killing of Hussain (RA)?
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2012
BetaThings:

You are threading a path that will be embarrassing to you.
Suffice at this time to ask
why do I need to conceal anything? Because I can on my own work my way to Jannah?
Has anybody disputed the unjust killing of Hussain (RA)?

you and particularly the wahhabis/salafusts among Sunnis are the only ones who stand to be embarrassed here.here is your grand wahhabi mufti of saudi arabia,a descendant of Ibn Abdul-Wahab (founder of wahhabism),praising Yazeed and questioning Imam Hussain's (as) revolution against Yazid calling it misguidance (astaghfirullah):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bK3V7JNfY

IS THIS THE PATH YOU WANT ME TO FOLLOW?
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by sino(m): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2012
Omo Alata: Someone I knew got married during the ramadan period but he was a tight-fisted git and he only married during that time because he did not have to supply food and drinks. After the ceremony, we all went home. Everyone threatened to come back after the fast but he said the marriage was in the morning and was over!!
Na wa for dis kin person o, at least the person should have provided fruits for his guest to break their fast when they get home. its really bad to invite people to come and celebrate with you and you don't treat them right. The prophet (SAW) said whoever believes in Allah and the last day should honor his guests.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by BetaThings: 1:05am On Aug 15, 2012
LagosShia:

you and particularly the wahhabis/salafusts among Sunnis are the only ones who stand to be embarrassed here.here is your grand wahhabi mufti of saudi arabia,a descendant of Ibn Abdul-Wahab (founder of wahhabism),praising Yazeed and questioning Imam Hussain's (as) revolution against Yazid calling it misguidance (astaghfirullah):

IS THIS THE PATH YOU WANT ME TO FOLLOW?

What makes you think that I believe that Yazeed was correct in killing Hussain?
However, Shias never consider the possibility of Yazeed making tawba before his death
Of course, Shias would advise Allah not to accept his repentance
What Yazeed did can be forgiven
Shirk cannot
Of course, I am more concerned about my own salvation than whatever happens to Yazeed. He took his actions and he will answer for them

But what you (Shias) invite people to is open shirk and you (LagosShia) have been dignifying it as intercession
Just ignore the commentaries and focus on where Shias set up partners with Allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgsaSCkcqF4&feature=related
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 2:51am On Aug 15, 2012
BetaThings:

What makes you think that I believe that Yazeed was correct in killing Hussain?
However, Shias never consider the possibility of Yazeed making tawba before his death
Of course, Shias would advise Allah not to accept his repentance
What Yazeed did can be forgiven
Shirk cannot
Of course, I am more concerned about my own salvation than whatever happens to Yazeed. He took his actions and he will answer for them

let me teach you some basics in Islam.in Islam everyone has his own rights.Allah (swt) also has His own rights.for instance if you set up partners with Allah (swt),you are violating the right of Allah (swt).in that case,no man can forgive you.if you do not pray,it is also Allah's (swt) to hold you accountable.your parents' rights over you is for you to respect them and take care of them and pray for them.

now if you kill me,Allah (swt) can forgive you.but He will not because if he does without me forgiving you,that means Allah (swt) has wronged me or treated me unjustly.all of us humans at least those who believe in God,do hope when we are wronged/oppressed and someone else offends our rights,that one day justice would be done by Allah (swt).so now if i kill your son,even if you forgive me and Allah (swt) forgive me,in the day of judgement i still stand to be punished for that crime except your own son decides to forgive me.that is the perfect justice of Allah (swt).in fact divine justice (adl al-ilahi) is considered a fundamental belief in Shia Islam,that without it belief in the Qiyama and judgement would have no meaning.

now regarding Yazeed.first Yazeed was a kaffir.it is recorded in Sunni hadith and i can provide it to you if you doubt,that when the severed head of Imam Hussain (as) was taken to Yazeed's court in Damascus,Yazeed disbelieved in the revelation of Allah (swt) to Muhammad (sa).he said :"the Hashmites have played with power.there was no revelation revealed".that is a kaffir.so Yazid has no tawbah because he died a kaffir.

if you want to contest that with me,i can take it a step further and ask you:did Abu Talib (as),according to Sunnis die a "kaffir" or not? and Abu Talib (as) is someone who defended Muhammad (sa) and his message and is recorded to have swore "by the God who sent Muhammad"!!!yet,Sunnis for known reasons to this day believe Abu Talib (as) died a "kaffir".now you have Yazeed (la) who beheaded the grandson of Muhammad (sa) and massacred his family members and he denied the message of Islam openly,and someone like you wants me not to talk based on the actions i am aware of but to talk based on the possibility of an act which is never recorded to have taken place and there is no evidence for it.for someone to become a Muslim and embrace Islam,during the recitation of the shahadatain by an unbeliever,how many witnesses are required to witness the event? can you tell me how many witnessed Yazid's revertion to Islam after his kufr? no one!

HOW DO YOU JUDGE?

is this fair in your estimation for you to equate Imam Hussain (as),the master of the youths of paradise,and Yazid,by giving them the same fate? what would you tell Imam Hussain (as),the master of the youths of paradise,if you meet him? would you tell him that Yazeed could be forgiven? so now it is left for you to forgive people on the possibility of it,instead of supporting the righteous servants of Allah (swt) and opposing their enemies who hurt or harm them.you stand to gain thawab (reward) for standing with the righteous servants of Allah (swt),than to defend the enemies of Allah (swt) based on the possibility they "repented";without considering whether or not that repentance is valid and would be accepted by Allah (swt) and also disregarding the right to justice for the righteous servants.

the Quran also tells us that he who repents when death approaches,his repentance is void.it worth nothing!

let me go a step further,and may i be the ransom for the neck of Imam Hussain (as),and tell you this:

if Yazid is in paradise and i am also in paradise,i will ask Allah (swt) to move away from paradise either into hell fire or to make me die again!!!

the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) will not have the same fate.that is for sure.the criminal and the believer are not on the same level and that is Quranic.there are also a number of authentic hadiths from Prophet Muhammad (sa) stating that he who harms the Ahlul-Bayt (as) have apportioned a segment in hell fire for himself.

But what you (Shias) invite people to is open shirk and you (LagosShia) have been dignifying it as intercession
Just ignore the commentaries and focus on where Shias set up partners with Allah

if you accuse us of "shirk",then you are also a mushrik for sending "salam" to the Prophet (sa) who is dead and also for facing the Qiblah.remember its all about intention and you are judging others' intentions while justifying yours.

i think these points have been made clearer here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1015116/examining-wahhabism-english-lecture#11810772
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by BetaThings: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
^^^^
Allah forgives all sins except shirk. We should never forget that. So if a man repents sincerely, Allah can forgive him. The family of the murder victim can forgive the murderer and can take diyah from him. Now we are left with the victim. Having accepted the repentance of the person, Allah can compensate the victim to his satisfaction. So if anyone asks me about his rights, the first thing is for the two of them to go to Allah and He will settle the matter as He knows best

The killer of Hamza became a muslim, but the Prophet (PBUH) did not kill him
As for Yazeed, did he repent when on death bed or well before that? We don't know for sure.
Disbelief does not foreclose forgiveness. Otherwise a disbeliever's conversion to Islam is meaningless

Your analogy is very strange
Greeting somebody does not equate asking
One does not do shirk by simply entering a place where idols are kept(forbidden, yes)but the belief that the idols can help in anyway is shirk
Same as believing that the dead can help in anyway - that is misguidance. The dead are dead

In the matter at hand part from seeking intercession from the dead, those Shias sending messages to their Imam Reza were even asking him!
May Allah save us from misguidance!!
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
BetaThings: ^^^^
Allah forgives all sins except shirk. We should never forget that. So if a man repents sincerely, Allah can forgive him. The family of the murder victim can forgive the murderer and can take diyah from him. Now we are left with the victim. Having accepted the repentance of the person, Allah can compensate the victim to his satisfaction. So if anyone asks me about his rights, the first thing is for the two of them to go to Allah and He will settle the matter as He knows best
that is all fine with me.

The killer of Hamza became a muslim, but the Prophet (PBUH) did not kill him
yes because he became Muslim and repented.

As for Yazeed, did he repent when on death bed or well before that? We don't know for sure.
Disbelief does not foreclose forgiveness. Otherwise a disbeliever's conversion to Islam is meaningless

you asking a question such as "did he repent when on the death bed or well before that",you're suggesting that there are reports suggesting he either repented when on the death bed or even before that.

i am telling you about Yazid (la) the following:

1.) he declared open kufr in Islam and in the Prophet (sa)
2.) he was a munafeq who was handed over the caliphate by his father calling himself "the successor of the Prophet" while he did not believe in the Prophet (sa).
3.) he died and did not repent at all.and even if for argument sake i assume he did,Jahannam shall be his abode because the Prophet (sa) said anyone who harmed his near ones will have that.

Holy Quran 33:57
"Those who annoy Allah and His Messenger, Allah has cursed them in this World and in the Hereafter and has prepared for them a humiliating Punishment"

if you have any evidence he repented,bring it.not even Sunni hadiths can make such a shameful claim.

Your analogy is very strange
Greeting somebody does not equate asking
One does not do shirk by simply entering a place where idols are kept(forbidden, yes)but the belief that the idols can help in anyway is shirk
Same as believing that the dead can help in anyway - that is misguidance. The dead are dead
the Quran ask us to get the Prophet (sa) to intercede for us.you say the Prophet (sa) is dead,so asking him to ask Allah (swt) to forgive us is "shirk".the reason it is "shirk" is because the Prophet (sa) is dead and can do nothing.

but here we have you greeting a dead man.are you not crazy? you should find out why we including you,send salam to the Prophet (sa) even though he is dead.then come back to tell us.if you dont know,then ask me and i will tell you.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by vedaxcool(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yazeed didnot kill Husayn, it was the shias that killed husayn https://www.nairaland.com/826513/o-allah-judge-between-us#9776964 it is the same shias that made a shrine after the killer of Umar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirouz_Nahavandi The same shias cannot be lying and making claims against Yazeed, the same shias scholars laid the blame of the death of Husyan r.a in the hands of Shias who not only deceive him, but struck him down immediately their little experiment failed another shia point out the cruelty.

In this link the man that struck the death blow that killed Husyan "shimr" was a loyal follower of Ali during his struggles with Muawiyyah . . . read more here http://www.schiiten.com/backup/AhlelBayt.com/www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/history/shimr.html
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
Yazid (la) in the Views and Records of Classical Sunni Scholars

1.) Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani
Loving and glorifying him (Yazid) is not done “EXCEPT BY A HERETIC” who has void belief because he (Yazid) had such characteristics that his lover deserves to be faithless, because to love and hate just for the sake of God is a sign of faith. [Publisher's name: Dar ul Kutb al iLmiyyah, Beirut, Lebanon, Book name: al-Imta bil al-Arba'in al-Matbainatus Samah (الإمتاع بالأربعين المتباينة السماع), Author: Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani (rah), Publication date: 1997, Page No. 96]

Yahya bin Abdul Mulk bin Abi Ghania "WHO WAS AMONGST THIQA NARRATORS" he heard from Nawfl bin Abi Aqrab "WHO IS THIQA" he narrates: Once in the gathering of Umar Bin Abdul Aziz people talked about Yazid bin Muawiya, someone among the people mentioned Yazid with the title of Ameer ul Momineen (commander of the believers), hearing this Umar bin Abdul Aziz replied (in anger): You have called Yazeed "Amir Ul Mominein"? Then he gave order of 20 lashes to be given to the person [Imam Ibn Hajr al Asqalani in Tahdhib ut Tahdhib, Volume No. 6, Page No. 313].

2.) Jalaluddin Suyuti
He states: You (Imam Hussain - Radhi Allaho Anho) were martyred and your head was brought to Ibn Ziyad (Yazid's governor in Kufa) on a plate. "May Allah's Lanah (Curse) be upon the person who killed you, also Ibn Ziyad "AND UPON YAZID" [As-Suyuti in Tarikh ul Khulafa, Page No. 165]

Jalaluddin Suyuti writes: Nawfl bin Abi Firaat (rah) said that once he was sitting with Caliph Umar bin Abdul Aziz when a man called Yazid as "Ameer ul Momineen Yazid bin Muawiya" at this (Umar bin Abdul Aziz said in anger): you call this person as Ameer ul Momineen?! and then he ordered that person to be[b] "lashed 20 times".[/b] in 63 AH Yazid got to know that people of Madina have rejected him and are preparing to wage war upon him, knowing this Yazid sent a huge army to Madina and "declared war upon people of Madina" after looting in Madina he sent the army to kill Abdullah bin Zubayr in Makkah and so the incident of "HURRA" took place, do you know what Hurra is? regarding it Hassan (a Tabi'i) said: When Madina was attacked, there remained not a single person who was safe from it, "huge amount of Sahaba and others were martyred and Madina was looted and thousands of virgin girls were raped" Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun... The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said: Whosoever frightens People of Madina then Allah will frighten them (the attackers) plus Curse (Lanah) of Allah, his Angels and all the people is upon such a person. (Sahih Muslim) the reason why people of Madina did not give bayah to Yazid was because he was indulged in “too many sins”. al-Waqidi narrates from Abdullah Bin Khazlatal Ghusail (a Sahabi) that he said: By Allah we did not revolt against Yazid until we were sure that “WE WILL BE SHOWERED WITH STONES FROM SKY” (the Yazidans) started to do Nikah with their mothers, sisters and daughters, they started to drink openly and neglected prayers! Dhahabi said: When Yazid did such things with people of Madina although “ he was indulged in drinking and other evil deeds even before” then the people of Makkah also revolted against him and rose against him from 4 sides and then Allah did not put Barakah in life of Yazid (Then it mentions that Yazid attacked Makkah and got the Abdullah Ibn Zubayr Martyred)

Reference: As-Suyuti, Tarikh ul Khulafa, Page No. 167

3.)Allama Aloosi
The Proof of sending Lanah upon Yazid is derived from this (ayah), as was mentioned by Al-Barzanji in his Al-Ashaat and al-Haythami in As-Sawaiq from Ahmad Hanbal that his son Abdullah asked him about sending Lanah on Yazid, (Ibn Hanbal) said: Why cannot Lanah be sent on him when Allah has sent Lanah on him in Quran, Abdullah (rah) asked: Recite the Kitab of Allah so that I know how Lanah is sent on Yazid? Ibn Hanbal mentioned these verses: Would ye then, if ye were given the command, work corruption in the land and sever your ties of kinship? Such are the men whom Allah has cursed…(47:22-23) Hence what could be a bigger Strife than what Yazid did?[ [Ruh ul Ma’ani by Imam Al-Alusi, Volume 9 Under Surah Muhammad 22-23]

Allama Alusi said: And I say what is prevalent over my mind that (Yazid) Khabith (filthy) did not testify to the messengership of the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him). According to me it is correct to curse a person like Yazid, although one cannot imagine a Fasiq like him and apparently he never repented, the possibility of his repentance is weaker than the possibility of his faith (Iman). Along with Yazid, Ibn Ziyad, Ibn Sa'ad and his group shall also be included. Verily, may Allah's curse be upon all of them, their friends, their supporters, their group and upon everyone who inclines towards them until Qayamah and until an eye sheds a tear for Abu Abdullah Hussain (ra). [Tafsir Ruh al-Ma'ani, Volume 26, Page No. 73]

4.)al-Dhahabi
He (Yazid) was a disgusting Nasibi (i.e. those who hate Ahlul bayt). He drank and did evil. He started his kingdom with the killing of the Shahid al-Hussain (RA) and ended it with the incident of al-Harra (i.e. besiegement of Madina which also makes him directly liable for Lanah as sahih ahadith prove). Hence the people hated him, he was not blessed in his life, and many took up arms against him after Imam Hussain (RA) such as the people of Madina - they rose for the sake of Allah[As Siyar al Alam an Nabula, Volume No. 4, Page No. 37-38]

al-Dhahabi writes: I say: 'When Yazid did to the people of Madina what he did and killed al-Hussain and his brothers and progeny, and Yazid drank alcohol, and performed abominable things, then the people hated him and rose up against him more than once. God didn't bless his life and Abu Bilal Mirdas bin Adya al-Hanzali rose against him.' [Tarikh al-Islam: wa-tabaqat al-mashahir wa-al-a`lam, Volume 005, Page No. 30]

al-Dhahabi Writes: Ziyad Haarthi narrated: 'Yazid gave me alcohol to drink, I had never drunk alcohol like that before and I enquired where he had obtained its ingredients from'. Yazid replied: 'it is made of sweet pomegranate, Isfahan's honey, Hawaz's sugar, Taif's grapes and Burdah's water'. Ahmed bin Masama' narrated: 'Once Yazid drank alcohol and started to dance, suddenly he fell down and his nostril began to bleed'. [Siyar al A'lam wa al Nubalah, Volume 004, Page No. 037]

5.)Qadhi ThanaUllah Panipati on Yazid
Another great Mufasir and author of great books, a scholar[u] accepted by all Sunni Muslims[/u] i.e. Qadhi Thana Ullah Panipatti quoted Quranic ayah 14:28 and writes:

Quran states: Hast thou not seen those who gave the grace of Allah in exchange for thanklessness and led their people down to the Abode of Loss (14:28)

Tafsir: Bani Ummaiya had always rejoiced upon Kufr, however Abu Sufyan, Ameer Mu’awiya and Umaro bin Aas and others became Muslims. Later Yazid and his companions rejected the blessings of Allah and rose the flag of enmity towards Ahlul Bayt and finally brutally martyred Imam Hussain (RA) to the extent that Yazid even denied the Deen of Muhammad (salallaho alaihi wasalam). He after martyrdom of Imam Hussain(RA) said: Had my predecessors lived they would have seen how I took revenge from the family of Prophet (saw) and Bani Hashim, The couplet which Yazid made had this in the end: I will avenge Ahmed (i.e. Prophet Salallaho alaihi wasalam) for whatever he did with my predecessors in Badr (Naudhobillah). Yazid even declared alcohol as permissible and in praise of it he said: If liquor is Haram in the Deen of Muhammad (salallaho alaihi wasalam) then take it to be permissible according to the deen of Isa Ibn Marym (a.s). [Tafsir al Mazhari Volume 5, Pages 211-212]

6.)Ibn Kathir's comments on Yazeed
Ibn Kathir himself writes in al Bidayah Volume 8 page 1169 "Dhikr Yazeed bin Muawiyah":

"Traditions inform us that Yazeed loved worldly vices, would drink, listen to music, kept the company of boys with no facial hair [civil expression for paedophilia with boys, a form of homosexuality], played drums, kept dogs[b] [civil expression for bestiality], [/b]making frogs, bears and monkeys fight. Every morning he used be intoxicated and use to bind monkey with the saddle of a horse and make the horse run".

Reference:Al Bidayah Wal Nihayah, Vol 8 Page 1169

7.) Ibn Atheer's comments on Yazeed
In Tareekh al Kamil Volume 3 page 450 Ibn Atheer narrates from Munzir bin Zabeer:

"Verily Yazeed rewarded me with 100,000 dirhams but this cannot stop me from highlighting his state, By Allah he is a drunkard"

8.)Ibn Jauzi's comments on Yazeed 'the drunkard'

Ibn Jauzi in "Wafa al-Wafa":
"Yazeed appointed his cousin Uthman bin Muhammad bin Abu Sufyan as Governor of Madina. He sent a delegation to visit Yazeed who bore gifts so that they might take the oath of allegiance to him. Upon their return they said 'We have returned having visited a man who has no religion, he drinks, plays instruments, keeps the company of singers and dogs[b] [civil word for bestiality],[/b] we declare that we have broken our allegiance to him. Abdullah bin Abi Umro bin Hafs Mukhzumee commented 'Yazeed gave me gifts. But the reality is this man is an enemy of Allah (swt) and a drunkard. I shall separate myself from him in the same way that I remove my turban [from my head]."
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
The Crimes Committed By Yazid As Recorded in Sunni Books

1.) Ibn Kathir says in his work of Tarikh under events of 63 AH states:

Ibn Zubayr said: O PEOPLE YOUR COMPANIONS HAVE BEEN KILLED – Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajiun

[b]"Yazeed committed a mistake and that too a disgusting one by ordering Muslim bin Uqba to make Madina "mubah" (desecreated) for three days. This was his biggest and ugliest blunder. Many Sahaba and their children were slaughtered. As it has been mentioned before that Yazid made UbaydUllah Ibn Ziyad kill the grandson of Rasulullah (saw) Husayn and his companions,
and in those three days huge heinous crimes happened in Madina about which nobody knows except Allah. Yazeed wanted to secure his governance by sending Muslim bin Uqbah but Allah did against his wishes and punished him. Verily Allah killed him likewise Allah made grip over the oppressing towns, no doubt His grip is painful and strict".[Al Bidayah Wal Nihayah, Vol 8 Page 283]

2.) Yazid’s crimes were so heinous that even his loyal UbaidUllah Ibn Ziyad (whom he had sent to murder Muslim bin Aqeel and later Imam Hussain-(r.a)- too) said:

When Yazid wrote to Ibn Ziyad that he should go to Makkah and besiege Abdullah Ibn Zubayr he refused to do so and said: By Allah I will not combine two things for a Fasiq (i.e. Yazid). I have already killed the son of Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam)’s daughter (on his order) and now (he asks me to) wage war on Bayt ul Harram? (i.e. the holy Ka'ba) However when he martyred Imam Hussain (RA) his mother Marjana said to him: May you die! what have you done and what crime have you committed, she also scolded him severely. Yazid was informed that Abdullah Ibn Zubayr used to say in his speeches that Yazid was a fraud, drunkard, one who abandons Salaat and one who stays with singing women. [Al-Bidayah Wal Nihayah, Volume 8, Page No 279]

Ibn Kathir further narrates:
And he Muslim bin Uqba who is known as As-Salf Musraf bin Uqba, May Allah not do well to this leader of evil and ignorance, he made Madina legal for 3 days on the order of Yazid. May Allah also not grant Jaza and khayr to him(i.e. Yazid), he got many righteous killed and also looted the amwaal in Madina in great numbers, [/b]this has been multiply narrated that he created a lot of Shar and Fasad. It is mentioned that Hadrat Muafl bin Sanan (RA) was tied infront (of Ibn Uqba) and then martyred, you were his friend before but later you used strong words against Yazid due to which he became angry at you. [Al-Bidayah Wal Nihayah, Volume 8, Page No 280]

[b]Tafseer Ruh al Maani Declairing Yazeed a kafir

"Allamah Alusi stated, Yazeed the impure denied the Prophethood of Rasulullah (s). The treatment that he meted out to the people of Makka, Medina and the family of the Prophet proves that he was a kaafir".

Once in the gathering of Amir Ul Mominein Hazrat Ummar Bin Abdul Aziz people talked about yazeed, someone among the people said ( Amir Ul Mominein to Yazeed ) Hazrat Ummar Bin Abdul Aziz replied in anger,'' you call Yazeed ( Bad Character Person ) as Amir Ul Mominein?. Then Ummar Bin Abdul Aziz gave order of 20 lashes to the person who called Yazeed "Amir Ul Mominein" [ Tahdheeb Al'Tahdheeb Vol 1 Page 361]

The Proof of Sending Curses(Lanat) on Yazid!
The Proof of sending Lanah upon Yazid is derived from this (ayah), as was mentioned by Al-Barzanji in his Al-Ashaat and al-Haythami in As-Sawaiq from Ahmad Ibn Hanbal that his son Abdullah asked him about sending Lanah on Yazid, and how sending Lanah upon him is mentioned in the book of Allah (i.e. Quran). Ibn Hanbal in proof of (sending Lanah upon Yazid) mentioned these verses:Would ye then, if ye were given the command, work corruption in the land and sever your ties of kinship? Such are the men whom Allah has cursed…(47:22-23), So could there be a greater fitnah than the actions committed by Yazid? [Ruh ul Ma’ani by Al-Alusi, Volume 9 Under Surah Muhammad 22-23]
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
vedaxcool: Yazeed didnot kill Husayn, it was the shias that killed husayn https://www.nairaland.com/826513/o-allah-judge-between-us#9776964 it is the same shias that made a shrine after the killer of Umar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirouz_Nahavandi The same shias cannot be lying and making claims against Yazeed, the same shias scholars laid the blame of the death of Husyan r.a in the hands of Shias who not only deceive him, but struck him down immediately their little experiment failed another shia point out the cruelty.

you have thus made me spent hours to gather evidence (in the two posts above) from Sunni books on the crimes,disbelief,attrocities and shameful deeds committed by your hero,Yazid (la),including the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as).

for every second i spent online,may Allah (swt) in this world and the hereafter squeeze it out of your nostrils in the most painful manner,if you do not repent.

In this link the man that struck the death blow that killed Husyan "shimr" was a loyal follower of Ali during his struggles with Muawiyyah . . . read more here http://www.schiiten.com/backup/AhlelBayt.com/www.ahlelbayt.com/articles/history/shimr.html

"Shimr" (may Allah's curse be upon him) was a soldier.at the time Imam Ali (as) fought against Yazid's father, Muawiya, in the Battle of Siffeen,Shimr was in the "Muslim army" of the caliph.Imam Ali (as) then was the caliph.Shimr (la) was no Shia in terms of his beliefs.his political representation in the battle on the side of the caliph who was Imam Ali (as),could best describe him as a political "Shia" (partisan).

and even if Shimr was a Shia,and so what? Umar your hero you're advertizing above that the Shia made a shrine for his killer was a companion of Prophet Muhammad (sa),and thereafter he violently assaulted the house of the Prophet's (sa) daughter threatening to raise it to ashes.this is in Sunni books.Judas Iscariot was a companion of Jesus (as) and he betrayed him.i can go on and on and list many examples of how hypocrites betrayed men of God.

now your homework is this:

FIND OUT WHO KILLED SHIMR (la) AND ALL THOSE WHO HAD HAND IN THE TRAGEDY OF KARBALA.THEN ALSO FIND OUT WHAT SUNNIS THINK ABOUT THAT MAN WHO IS A SHIA AND WAS ALSO A COMPANION (SAHABI) OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (sa).
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by vedaxcool(m): 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
LagosShia:

you have thus made me spent hours to gather evidence (in the two posts above) from Sunni books on the crimes,disbelief,attrocities and shameful deeds committed by your hero,Yazid (la),including the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as).

for every second i spent online,may Allah (swt) in this world and the hereafter squeeze it out of my nostrils in the most painful manner,if I do not repent.

Atleast the islamic section was Spared your misguidiance for hours as a result, husayn according to shia account was murdered by the shias! That is the simple point that cannot sink in quite easily!
the shias remain responsible for his death that is why the ugly and shameful practice of self mutilation was invented to atone for their betrayal and eventual execution of Husayn . . . Whether u accept that fact is hardly any bother to me, . . . My concern is ur deliberate policy of misleading people by ignoring facts that points to the shias misdeed! And FYI Yazeed means little to me you can write that he once rape khomini (la) I am not disturbed even a bit, I follow those Allah's prophet pbuh clearly stated would be rightly guided, my point clearly remains stop lying on the dead when evidence point to the fact that u shias are the real murderers of Husayn . As for you cursing yourself, I curse you back by saying may Allah guide and save you from the party that Ali rightly said will be isolated and will fall prey to satan! Amin you hardly worth my time

LagosShia:
"Shimr" (may Allah's curse be upon him) was a soldier.at the time Imam Ali (as) fought against Yazid's father, Muawiya, in the Battle of Siffeen,Shimr was in the "Muslim army" of the caliph.Imam Ali (as) then was the caliph.Shimr (la) was no Shia in terms of his beliefs.his political representation in the battle on the side of the caliph who was Imam Ali (as),could best describe him as a political "Shia" (partisan).

and even if Shimr was a Shia,and so what? Umar your hero you're advertizing above that the Shia made a shrine for his killer was a companion of Prophet Muhammad (sa),and thereafter he violently assaulted the house of the Prophet's (sa) daughter threatening to raise it to ashes.this is in Sunni books.Judas Iscariot was a companion of Jesus (as) and he betrayed him.i can go on and on and list many examples of how hypocrites betrayed men of God.

Lol grin do read what write b4 u post it? Coz it hardly made any sense! For starters Shmr that murdered Husayn is a shia call him a party shia or a PDP shia the fact remains he is a shia who eventually is responsible for the death of Husayn this is recorded by Shia so always lying even during ramadhan that Yazeed killed Husayn is nothing more than a lie perpetrated by shia handlers to decieve their minions and fool them into remaining shias! The concept of the shias is to twist the truth and fabricated lies in order to gain sympathy from you the righlty guided muslims! On Umar r.a we all bear witness to your indignation to was celebrating murderers! The shia made a shrine to celebrate a murderer and now this confused individual throws red herrings to confuse non save himself, Umar never assualted the house of the prophet's daughter if not why would Ali r.a marry off Fatima's daughter to Umar? (This is recorded in the most authentic shia books)

LagosShia:
now your homework is this:

FIND OUT WHO KILLED SHIMR (la) AND ALL THOSE WHO HAD HAND IN THE TRAGEDY OF KARBALA.THEN ALSO FIND OUT WHAT SUNNIS THINK ABOUT THAT MAN WHO IS A SHIA AND WAS ALSO A COMPANION (SAHABI) OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (sa).

May be you should have some rest, coz nothing here seem to make any semblance sense indeed!
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by maclatunji: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
I am actually allowed to ban people for derailing a thread. Enough of this annoying repetitions.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by LagosShia: 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Atleast the islamic section was Spared your misguidiance for hours as a result, husayn according to shia account was murdered by the shias! That is the simple point that cannot sink in quite easily!
the shias remain responsible for his death that is why the ugly and shameful practice of self mutilation was invented to atone for their betrayal and eventual execution of Husayn . . . Whether u accept that fact is hardly any bother to me, . . . My concern is ur deliberate policy of misleading people by ignoring facts that points to the shias misdeed! And FYI Yazeed means little to me you can write that he once rape khomini (la) I am not disturbed even a bit, I follow those Allah's prophet pbuh clearly stated would be rightly guided, my point clearly remains stop lying on the dead when evidence point to the fact that u shias are the real murderers of Husayn . As for you cursing yourself, I curse you back by saying may Allah guide and save you from the party that Ali rightly said will be isolated and will fall prey to satan! Amin you hardly worth my time

Lol grin do read what write b4 u post it? Coz it hardly made any sense! For starters Shmr that murdered Husayn is a shia call him a party shia or a PDP shia the fact remains he is a shia who eventually is responsible for the death of Husayn this is recorded by Shia so always lying even during ramadhan that Yazeed killed Husayn is nothing more than a lie perpetrated by shia handlers to decieve their minions and fool them into remaining shias! The concept of the shias is to twist the truth and fabricated lies in order to gain sympathy from you the righlty guided muslims! On Umar r.a we all bear witness to your indignation to was celebrating murderers! The shia made a shrine to celebrate a murderer and now this confused individual throws red herrings to confuse non save himself, Umar never assualted the house of the prophet's daughter if not why would Ali r.a marry off Fatima's daughter to Umar? (This is recorded in the most authentic shia books)

May be you should have some rest, coz nothing here seem to make any semblance sense indeed!

SALAM.
Re: Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? by Onyocha: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2012
@Vedaxcool,my post is hidden by the moderator in my reply to you.please read and reply to it in the appropriate thread where i posted it also-
https://www.nairaland.com/868603/saudi-wahhabis-name-school-honor#11842001

(1) (2) (Reply)

400 People Convert To Islam In Niger State (Photo) / 'Allahu' Inscription Appears On The Ground In Idumota. / What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.