Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk (22768 Views)

Francis Akubueze Is New Substantive Clerk Of The Senate / Ilobah Isabella Ugochi Is Senate's New Acting Clerk / National Assembly Commission Appoints Ojo Amos Olatunde As Acting Clerk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Nemere2020: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
The National Assembly Commission has appointed Magaji Tambuwal as the acting clerk of the national assembly

Tambuwal, secretary of the directorate of finance and accounts in the national assembly, is said not to be the most senior official in the management.

According to the National Assembly Service Act, the offices of the commission are listed as follows: clerk to the national assembly, deputy clerk to the national assembly, clerk of the senate, clerk of the house of representatives, deputy clerk of the senate, deputy clerk of the house of representatives, and secretaries to the directorates.

According to its act, the national assembly commission has five directorates — corporate affairs; legal services; finance and accounts; procurement, estate and works; and common services office.

TheCable had reported how the office of the head of service had said it was in order for Olatunde Ojo, outgoing clerk, to continue working during his retirement leave.

But the national assembly commission asked Ojo to begin his leave that took effect on Monday.

Chinedu Akubueze, clerk of the senate, is said to be the next in line owing to the fact that Bala Yabani, deputy clerk of the national assembly, has retired.

But in a letter dated November 18 and seen by TheCable, Ahmed Amshi, chairman of the national assembly commission, said Tambuwal’s appointment was premised on section 6(b) of the commission service act.

The aforementioned section gives the commission the power to “appoint persons to hold or act in the offices”.

Meanwhile, on appointments, section 14(5) of the act states: “consideration shall be given to seniority, cognate experience, competence, or federal character”.

Amshi said Tambuwal’s appointment was as a result of his “hard work” and “administrative competence”.

“I write to inform you that the Commission at its 565th Meeting held on Friday, 18th November, 2022, approved your appointment as Acting Clerk to the National Assembly w.e.f. 18th November, 2022,” the letter reads.

“This is in exercise of its powers as provided in Section 6(b) of the National Assembly Service Act 2014.

“It is therefore expected that you will continue to uphold the confidence reposed in you.”

Also, Ogunlana Kamoru, secretary of legal services, was appointed acting deputy clerk of the assembly.

https://www.thecable.ng/confusion-as-nassembly-commission-bypasses-chinedu-akubueze-names-magaji-tambuwal-as-acting-clerk/amp

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7020256/francis-akubueze-new-substantive-clerk#110853485
(Akubueze was named Clerk of the Senate in March)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Wurld: 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
This week on Game of thrones, naija version undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by TruthIsBitter02: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
One Nigeria indeed, and some insane people will want the igbos to happily remain in Nigeria. I urge you to enjoy while it last. Cos I know nothing last forever. Roman empire was once world power, England once colonized America but where are they now? Karma is real!!!. Nothing last forever...

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by FreeStuffsNG: 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
clerk to the national assembly,

deputy clerk to the national assembly,

clerk of the senate,

clerk of the house of representatives,

deputy clerk of the senate,

deputy clerk of the house of representatives,

Looks more like one office distributed around for federal character thereby creating unnecessary bickering and power tussle. I do not understand how they expect Akabueze to feel to be reporting to Tambuwal .

National Assembly Commission is not supposed to be National Assembly of Clerks nah.

They should just have a single clerk while others are Directors like we have in the top cadre of civil service in Ministries headed by Perm Sec and suppprted by Directors.

When opportunity comes to appoint Clerk, these Directors should sit for an exam and independent HR consultant recommend the best to be the Commission to be the Clerk. These number of clerks are too much and choking. Haba! These guys will soon start killing themselves if care is not taken.
check my signature for free stuffs!

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by AfonjaEmir: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
One Nigeria IGBOs that have their brains, in a cup of saturated foolishness...Good Morning ooo!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Ojiofor: 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
One Nigeria IGBOs that have their brains, in a cup of saturated foolishness...Good Morning ooo!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

The problem is that the Biafra agitators never win anything for the Igbo nation.They lost at every engagement and makes a bad situation worse for Igbos in Nigeria. so One Nigeria Igbos is for a reason.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by olisaEze(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
From the moment a fulani man came into power, that has been the order of things in this country. The part that really gets me is how these people think they can be this nepotistic and not be treated the same when another region gets into power.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by slivertongue: 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
Merit died long ago

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by AfonjaEmir: 11:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Please dont engage me after this response.

Apart from even Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB that has been maligned in that useless country. Why will any IGBO project be subject to the terms and conditions of delinquents , who hate IGBO people with passion? How are you trying to return to mainstream political equation, when even the best candidate "Peter Obi" is hassled and smashed by vastrds and even compromised and insulted by idiotic IGBO politicians?

Fulani herdsmen are dropping into Enugu, and what has the useless Governor said......Nothing... they WON abi??
Nnamdi Kanu is held unjustly. What have the Governors said...Nothing,,,,,,...they won abi??
Sunday Igboho was held , and yoruba rallied around him...shey you know that.??
If not Israel that aided chad in killing shekau, by now he would have been killed the 19time..and you will foolishly believe that narrative??

You are trying to make people that hate you LOVE you by force...like umahi/soludo/ugwanyi/uzodinma/ikpeazu, that are selling their own to please who??
Thiefnubuu is a disgrace to governance..Yoruba support him!
Buhari was a disaster, but the North believed in Him

Peter Obi, is the best, but the same IGBO bastardd governors and irredeemable backstabbing imbecilees of IGBO extraction are sabotaging his movement??...and you tell me that "1 nigeria IGBOs are normal"??

Nothing will please me more than the utter disintegration of that cesspit called Nigeria.So that everybody will face their warrants squarely. Even useless Politicians will Jakpa!!
STOP it...and please i wont honour your response. Unless i insult you angry angry angry

Ojiofor:

The problem is that the Biafra agitators never win anything for the Igbo nation.They lost at every engagement and makes a bad situation worse for Igbos in Nigeria. so One Nigeria Igbos is for a reason.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Ojiofor: 12:15am On Nov 19, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
Please dont engage me after this response.

Apart from even Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB that has been maligned in that useless country. Why will any IGBO project be subject to the terms and conditions of delinquents , who hate IGBO people with passion? How are you trying to return to mainstream political equation, when even the best candidate "Peter Obi" is hassled and smashed by vastrds and even compromised and idiotic IGBO politicians?

Fulani herdsmen are dropping into Enugu, and what has the useless Governor said, they WON abi??
Nnamdi Kanu is held unjustly. What have the Governors sai...they won abi??
Sunday Igboho was held , and yoruba rallied around him...shey you know that.??
If not Israel that aided chad in killing shekau, by now he would have been killed the 19time..and you will foolishly believe that narrative??

You are trying to make people that hate you LOVE you by force...like umahi/soludo/ugwanyi/uzodinma/ikpeazu, that are selling their own to please who??
Thiefnubuu is a disgrace to governance..Yoruba support him!
Buhari was a disaster, but the North believed in Him

Peter Obi, is the best, but the same IGBO bastardd governors and irredeemable backstabbing imbecilees of IGBO extraction are sabotaging his movement??...and you tell me that "1 nigeria IGBOs are normal"??

STOP it...and please i wont honour your response. Unless i insult you angry angry angry

You still couldn't fault my statement that Biafra agitators never wins and makes a bad situation really worse (compare Igboland of 2014 and Igbo land of today) before just like their current agitation led by MNK.What have they won for the Igbos since 1967?We have to fight differently.
Btw the difference between Sunday Igbogho and MNK is like day and night.While Sunday Igbogho listens to the voice of reasons of his elders and leaders in Yoruba land Nnamdi Kanu sees himself as the supreme leader,okwucha ogwu aka eze onye agwalam.
He was adviced not to launch armed group he went ahead with it and start issuing orders on live programs to kee any security agents in SE and to attack Federal extablishments in SE that complicates his case however ndi Igbo have sacrifice in blood and material resources for Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra vain glory, what did we get in return?.Useless sit at home and kidnapping.We are tired of your BS.Make una carry una cross.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by AfonjaEmir: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2022
Na una dey lament...Niggaz dont Bloody kia!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

No IGBO man will say all these nonsense you put down.

Let me tell you something, that you should relate to your uncircumcised brethren. BIAFRA is sacrosanct...and 1million Almajirir..will NEVER stop the WAVES!!...You haven't even seen anything and you are already getting tired. The next onslaught will be targeted. Bullet proof car wont save anybody again..

Commonsense and IGBO values, lay emphasis on TRUTH AND JUSTICE which must prevail after deliberations and consultations!!

GOD punish Fulani herdsmen and their sponsors..

That General that relocated from Kaduna, after killing people, by empowering Fulani Militia will not survive SE..that is a solemn promise.

The intel is already everywhere..and adequate response will be metted out... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Ojiofor:

You still couldn't fault my statement that Biafra agitators never wins and makes a bad situation really worse (compare Igboland of 2014 and Igbo land of today) before just like their current agitation led by MNK.What have they won for the Igbos since 1967?We have to fight differently.
Btw the difference between Sunday Igbogho and MNK is like day and night.While Sunday Igbogho listens to the voice of reasons of his elders and leaders in Yoruba land Nnamdi Kanu sees himself as the supreme leader,okwucha ogwu aka eze onye agwalam.
He was adviced not to launch armed group he went ahead with it and start issuing orders on live programs to kee any security agents in SE and to attack Federal extablishments in SE that complicates his case however ndi Igbo have sacrifice in blood and material resources for Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra vain glory, what did we get in return?.Useless sit at home and kidnapping.We are tired of your BS.Make una carry una cross.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Ojiofor: 12:45am On Nov 19, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
Na una dey lament...Niggaz dont Bloody kia!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Let me tell you something, that you should relate to your uncircumcised brethren. BIAFRA is sacrosanct...and 1million Almajirir..will NEVER stop the WAVES!!...You haven't even seen anything and you are already getting tired. The next onslaught will be targeted. Bullet proof car wont save anybody again..

Commonsense and IGBO values, that lay empasis on TRUTH AND JUSTICE must prevail!!

That General that relocated from Kaduna, after killing people, by empowering Fulani Militia will not survive SE..that is a solemn promise.

The intel is already everywhere..and adequate response will be metted out... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

When I said make una carry una cross I mean Igbos.Use your military or diplomatic power and get MNK out of the mess he found himself since he have no respect for his elders.How dare you expect Ohanaeze ndi ohi na ndi ama to enforce his release.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by KUNZEH(m): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2022
And you need 1million Almajiri vote for Mr. Obi undecided
AfonjaEmir:

Commonsense and IGBO values, that lay empasis on TRUTH AND JUSTICE must prevail!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by AfonjaEmir: 12:58am On Nov 19, 2022
what is beyond your thinking should remain in the clouds.

Ohaneze doesn't speak for IGBO people. You are just exposing your taqqiya foolishness.

Keep being obvious...

ANY FULANI TERRORIST SEEN IN THE BUSH WILL MEET ALLAH...Shikena!

Ojiofor:

When I said make una carry una cross I mean Igbos.Use your military or diplomatic power and get MNK out of the mess he found himself since he have no respect for his elders.How dare you expect Ohanaeze ndi ohi na ndi ama to enforce his release.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Ojiofor: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
what is beyond your thinking should remain in the clouds.

Ohaneze doesn't speak for IGBO people. You are just exposing your taqqiya foolishness.

Keep being obvious...

ANY FULANI TERRORIST SEEN IN THE BUSH WILL MEET ALLAH...Shikena!

Kee yaselves inside bush na.
Oh Ohanaeze does not speak for ndi Igbo but you want them to help proscribed ipob to release MNK like Yoruba leaders did for Igbogho abi grin ;una never see anything yet.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Skillsnigeria: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2022
Hmmm
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by StrongandMighty: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2022
Politics is a game, you either win or lose... This has nothing to do with ethnicity
Akabueze didn't play his game well and moreover I don't see how appointing him as a clerk will be for the overall interest of the Igbos, its still for his own personal benefits.. This shouldn't be an issue at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Moh247: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
grin

I still wonder where Obi intend to get votes from in the Northern states as an Ibo man

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by carreport(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Y
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Racoon(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Nepotism, favoursim, clannishness and discrimination
These have been and will forever remain the bane of Nigeria's national development.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Danisaint112(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Hmm okay
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by MorolayoVictor(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by waterpouroverfl: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Kk
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by tunjijones(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by Crusadee: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2022
Nepotism

48 Likes

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by micchi(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2022
Just like Buhari all Fulanis are power drunk full of oppression

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Commission Bypasses Akubueze, Appoints Tambuwal Acting Clerk by blackpanda: 10:40am On Nov 19, 2022
Chai nobody want Igbo. It's so unfair embarassed

Peter obi should be reading the signs o

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Crisis: States Plan Contempt Proceedings Against Malami, Emefiele / Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative / Atiku Didn’t Meet Conditions To Win, INEC Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.