Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The (79521 Views)

Premier League Could Resume But Played Behind Closed Doors / The Teams That Have Never Played At The AFCON / The 14 Countries Who Have Won The AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Stanweezy(m): 5:11am On Nov 20, 2022
Breakdown of nations can never happen in Africa

Their own marriage na force even if I dey insult and oppress u are not going anywhere we must stay together

4 Likes

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by yamunla(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2022
seun

lalasticlala

Mynd44

nlfpmod

front page please.
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Urheadmaster(m): 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2022
tongue
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by JooEeL(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
SO WILL THE ZOO NO LONGER EXIST

UNTIL WE TURN UP AS "ODUDUWA NATION" IN FURTHER TOURNAMENTS.

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by DSoj(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
So what should we do with this info?
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by oluwaseunamos33(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available
lol I can't laugh oOoOO. Wanka
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Venom11(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available
Lol... That got me.. You wish
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by bonnyhope: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2022
Which channel the show dis world cup
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Skty: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2022
I wonder who wrote this caption. I read ur caption and scanned through the body of ur posts. And I don't understand. One should be able to understand from either caption or body

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by judedwriter(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
The west Germans got the nick name 'German machines,' because of their mechanical way of playing.

That 1990 team to me were the best European team to win the world cup outside of Spain in 2010 and France in 2018.

My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Venom11(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
Y fifa 22' logo look similar to Asiwajus' own
Hehe

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by vikstandon(m): 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2022
phorget:
Nigeria will soon be among them cos we are changing our name to UAR.

Changing the name would it rid us of all debt?

If not, there is no point. A debtor is a slave!
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by brandnprinting: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2022
Firefyta:
A sign that he who feeds you controls you
Do you all think there's anyway an African country heavily dependent on these western countries can maintain their stand Against this forsaken LGBT way of life and anti Alcohol in a Global event like the world cup as How Qatar has done without chopping heavy sanctions?

They are yet to recover from Russia, dem not fit add Qatar to it. It's a suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by ekaette1621: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
WHAT ABOUT BIAFRA?
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by dont8(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
Richy4:
No wonder Croatia, Serbia and Macedonia are great as football nations...I can just imagine why Yugoslavia was great with football..

Just like how I got nostalgic feelings watching
Sunny Okosun's music.. Happy days will come on YouTube..
I saw Gongola State, Bendel State and some other states in Nigeria that I knew in my kindergarten days... cool

Great points you got here, but when it comes to footballing, only Croatia can lock it down amongst those three.
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Kuntakinte7: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
yamunla:
Zaire

Zaire might not have had a great World Cup in 1974 but they did give us this iconic moment
Once a one-party totalitarian military dictatorship, Zaire might have only technically existed from 1971 to 1997, they still managed to qualify for one World Cup in 1974. However, they did lose all three matches including a 9-0 thrashing at the hands of Yugoslavia.

There was one flashpoint, though, when Mwepu Ilunga hilariously booted away Brazil's free-kick when he ran out of the wall. Zaire have since dissolved and is now known as the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Now I see where PS 1 FIFA graphics came from
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Firefyta: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
brandnprinting:

They are yet to recover from Russia, dem not fit add Qatar to it. It's a suicide mission.
lol
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by demmie1: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
Trust me, Nigeria will join the list next world cup insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by clothingonline(m): 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good to.learn
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by ruffDiamond: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Nice one, OP.

Reminds me of Bora, our France 1998 Coach...

He was from Yugoslavia!...

Our Area Boys used to call it 'You go Suffer'.

smiley

yeah ,Same way they also called Atlanta (96 Olympic Games ) in yoruba into' Ata la nta' roughly meaniy we' dey sell pepper ' cheesy Which kanu and Co won

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Factoryfitted: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available

What about Pacesetters. I want Pacesetters.
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Richy4(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
dont8:
Great points you got here, but when it comes to footballing, only Croatia can lock it down amongst those three.
My brother, have you seen Serbia play before?.. they are really a joy to behold... They are even 21st in FIFA ranking..
Macedonia is not that bad as well cool

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by officerfudo: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available

Am interested, where and how can I get
09129493682 WhatsApp
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by vicfajeze: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available
Would u mind using ur no 2flash me(08067711898) to know how to get intoúch wit u about ur James hadley chase u are having
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by vicfajeze: 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
phorget:
Nigeria will soon be among them cos we are changing our name to UAR.
Thanks bros.UAC,means United Arewa Republic
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by pek(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
Misleading topic. Some of the countries mentioned only underwent name changes, it is not that they they ceased to exist. For example, Zaire is now known as Democratic Republic of Congo. Will you say Swaziland ceased to exist because they changed name to Eswatini?

1 Like

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by MAYOWAAK: 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
I don;t agree that Dutch East Indies and Zaire are no longer in existence. The two entities simply changed their names to Indonesia and Democratic Republic of Congo respectively. Their territorial land mass was not fragmented neither did any new country emerge therefrom.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Noblewealth(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2022
What about USSR that later metamorphose into todays Russia..
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by Memeni(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nigeria will be number 8 soon
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by onuman: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available

Why Biafra?

Did Biafra go into extinct?
Re: Seven Countries Who No Longer Exist But Played At The World Cup - Including The by UNDFTD: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Septagon:
Is Biafra among?

Hadley Chase available

In due time!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Roberto Gabriel Trigo: Footballer Who Brought Down A Plane With A Football Shot / Angry Cristiano Ronaldo Removes Silver Medal After Juve Lost Super Cup (Photos) / Obafemi Martins New House In Lagos (Photos Of The Mansion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.