Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

MTN E-sim?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN E-sim?? (2181 Views)

MTN E-sim E-sim E-sim Activation! MTN E-sim E-sim E-sim Activation!! / Tech Youtuber Fisayo Fosudo Explains E-SIM Technology With MTN Nigeria / MTN Launches E-SIM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN E-sim?? by paperlord007(m): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good Day. Please I want to know if E sims are worth it especially Mtn’s own and the pros and cons of it.

Will getting an esim be worth it or one should just stick to physical sims
Re: MTN E-sim?? by tecnolad(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
paperlord007:
Good Day. Please I want to know if E sims are worth it especially Mtn’s own and the pros and cons of it.

Will getting an esim be with it or one should just stick to physical sims

I run two MTN eSims on my phone, and they work just like your physical SIM card.

You get the same network reception as everyone else.

Pro:
You get an extra layer of security, because if your phone went missing (God forbid), a thief can't easily pop the SIM out of your phone, so you can track it.

Con:

You can't pop out the SIM, your phone went low on battery and you urgently need to make a call on another phone.

19 Likes

Re: MTN E-sim?? by paperlord007(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
tecnolad:

I run two MTN eSims on my phone, and they work just like your physical SIM card.

Pro:
You get an extra layer of security, because if your phone went missing (God forbid), a thief can't easily pop the SIM out of your phone, so you can track it.

Con:

You can't pop out the SIM, your phone went low on battery and you urgently need to make a call on another phone.

Thanks
Re: MTN E-sim?? by patomaniac: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
tecnolad:

Pro:

Con:

Can you run both at the same time? An E-sim and a physical one
Re: MTN E-sim?? by tecnolad(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
patomaniac:

Can you run both at the same time? An E-sim and a physical one

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: MTN E-sim?? by SKhanmi: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
tecnolad:

Pro:

Con:

It's free right? And what happens if you want to change devices?
Re: MTN E-sim?? by fuckboys: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2022
SKhanmi:

E sims come with barcode on the sim pack, you just scan the code on the new phone and you're back on
Re: MTN E-sim?? by SKhanmi: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2022
fuckboys:
E sims come with barcode on the sim pack, you just scan the code on the new phone and you're back on

Didn't know that, thanks
Re: MTN E-sim?? by tecnolad(m): 12:06am On Nov 20, 2022
SKhanmi:

Yes, it's free. A QR code will be printed for you when you get an eSim.

If you need to upgrade your phone, you only need to delete the eSim from your old phone and scan the QR code from your new phone.

6 Likes

Re: MTN E-sim?? by falcon01: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2022
I just realised how secured the eSim. For instance people like me who always have their Mobile data on can easily Track and locate the device using either Google find my device or Samsung Find mY device. And it won't be easy to turn off the device except if its an experienced criminal that knows how to turn it off (we know majority of these thieves are dumb only those who work the device for them knows how to turn it off) but you can still locate the device before it gets turned off as long as you quickly find a laptop or another device, log unto your account and start tracking. I'm gonna go get me an eSim Tomorrow

P.S Does the Sim still Remain active after a factory reset? Or you have to scan the barcode again.

7 Likes

Re: MTN E-sim?? by SKhanmi: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2022
tecnolad:

If you need to upgrade your phone, you only need to delete the eSim from your old phone and scan the QR code from your new phone.

Noted, thanks.
Re: MTN E-sim?? by Oxef123(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
Please am having problem with my Mtn sim
It's no longer working and unfortunately I wasn't the person that registered it
I registered everything using the sim Bank, school etc. Is there a way to get the Sim working again?
The person that registered it isn't here and I don't have the Sim pack
Re: MTN E-sim?? by tecnolad(m): 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2022
Oxef123:
Please am having problem with my Mtn sim
It's no longer working and unfortunately I wasn't the person that registered it
I registered everything using the sim Bank, school etc. Is there a way to get the Sim working again?
The person that registered it isn't here and I don't have the Sim pack

Either the person who registered the SIM provides all the needed details to help you get the number back, or MTN won't help you

4 Likes

Re: MTN E-sim?? by AlphaTaikun: 3:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
tecnolad:

Pro:

Con:

That's cool.
Re: MTN E-sim?? by AlphaTaikun: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
tecnolad:

Re: MTN E-sim?? by AlphaTaikun: 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
falcon01:
I just realised how secured the eSim. For instance people like me who always have their Mobile data on can easily Track and locate the device using either Google find my device or Samsung Find mY device. And it won't be easy to turn of the device except if its an experienced criminal that knows how to turn it off (we know majority of these thieves are dumb only those who work the device fir then knows how to turn it off) but you can still locate the device before it gets turned off as long as you quickly find a laptop or another device, log unto your account and start tracking. I'm gonna go get me an eSim Tomorrow

P.S Does the Sim still Remain active after a factory reset? Or you have to scan the barcode again.
Insightful.
Re: MTN E-sim?? by paperlord007(m): 1:33am On Dec 08, 2022
Update:
So I have gotten the E-sim going two weeks now and so far so good I haven’t had any issues with it except for Mtn’s bad network. Its worth as I haven’t seen any downside to it.

2 Likes

Re: MTN E-sim?? by Unlimitk(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
paperlord007:
Update:
So I have gotten the E-sim going two weeks now and so far so good I haven’t had any issues with it except for Mtn’s bad network. Its worth as I haven’t seen any downside to it.
seriously ordinary 3g on mtn na wahala
4g is not usable
Airtel is blazing
funny thing I invest a lot on my mtn

(1) (Reply)

Help, I Can't Hack My E66 / Mtn Bis On Android / How To Boot Android Devices To Safe Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.