Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) (25357 Views)

Soldier Beats Driver For Stopping For Children To Cross Road In Lagos / Soldier Beats & Disgraces A Lady For Indecent Dressing In Ogun State (Photo) / Soldier Beats A Lady At An ATM Stand In Lagos This Morning (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Fujiyama: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
Psoul:
Soldiers are trained to kill, humiliate, humble and discipline anything/0ne they perceived as a threat to them.
Soldiers are not trained to be mingling with civilian on day by day basis. The soldiers will see civilians as bn disobedient while civilians see soldiers as wicked and brutal people.

Those soldiers see that Police Officer as a threat to their smooth passage on that traffic, so they have to dismantle it.
Soldiers do not know the difference between woman and a man when they see the situation as a threat.

^^^
Ok.

The problem is that Boko haram terrorists are still a major threat to us all. When you ask why the boko haramists have not been killed, humiliated, humbled, disciplined, dismantled etc. then the excuses start pouring in. undecided

These people have one job. Just one job. Nigerians are tired of hearing excuses for failure to end boko haram - and empty talk justifying army brutality against soft targets.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Fujiyama: 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
Psoul:

You are right.
It's like that because government have destroyed the army. They brought them into the society and they've started living the lives of civilians. Becoming too comfortable thereby becoming lazy and fragile. Thier ruggedity is wearing out.

^^^
Not true.

That army was always a poorly trained, undisciplined, inept force with little or no understanding of what soldiering really is. The boko haram problem exposed their soft, weak underbelly - before boko haram there was no real test. Now we've all seen the true position of things.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Psoul(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
Not true.

That army was always a poorly trained, undisciplined, inept force with little or no understanding of what soldiering really is. The boko haram problem exposed their soft, weak underbelly - before boko haram there was no real test. Now we've all seen the true position of things

My brother, you are very wrong.
I don't know how much you know about the Nigerian Army.
They are one of the best military in Africa.
The Nigerian Armed Forces are the 4th most powerful military in Africa, 35th internationally.
The problem of the military is politics and corruption.
Nigerian military had helped many African countries in peace keeping missions for over 60 years now when General Aguiyi Ironsi led Nigerian Army troops to peace mission in Congo in the 1960s.
Other countries Nigerian Army did well include Somalia, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
So the problem of Army is corruption by those in authority.
Using army as a tool for oppression of perceived political enemy.
Now, the military have become too comfortable with civilians that their main brutality has faded away.
Just like a footballer that stopped practicing, his tactics will start fading.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Fujiyama: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2022
Psoul:
My brother, you are very wrong.
I don't know how much you know about the Nigerian Army.
They are one of the best military in Africa.
The Nigerian Armed Forces are the 4th most powerful military in Africa, 35th internationally.

^^^
Kindly provide your sources sir and we can take up the discussion from there. I want to be sure we are on the same page.

Psoul:
The problem of the military is politics and corruption.

^^^
I am not sure what you mean by politics sir. The military were not forced by anybody in Nigeria to seize power. They went into that business with their own hands - and we can see the result. Whose fault is that? undecided

If there is corruption in the military - again I ask, whose fault is that? It isn't my fault. I don't sit on their recruitment boards. I don't have anything to do with TRADOC. I don't know anything about how service personnel pensions are paid. If they are suffering from corruption what have they done to cleanse themselves?

Psoul:
Nigerian military had helped many African countries in peace keeping missions for over 60 years now when General Aguiyi Ironsi led Nigerian Army troops to peace mission in Congo in the 1960s. Other countries Nigerian Army did well include Somalia, Sierra Leone and Liberia.

^^^
grin

So called peace missions (while better than doing nothing - at least in theory) are not the channels through which real armies prove themselves. There is only one way for serious armies to test their battle worthiness/readiness - and that is in open combat with an enemy. Not some amorphous and ill-defined 'peace mission'. undecided

Nigeria sent a small contingent of troops to Congo, Somalia etc. on these so called peace keeping operations. Nothing to brag about. The Vietcong (and its successor, the Vietnamese army), the Cuban army, Israeli defense force, and others typically do not list peace missions on their CV. They list real wars they have fought against formidable enemies. Even the Russians (their current disaster in Ukraine apart) fought the German army to a standstill in WWII under terrible conditions, with both sides suffering heavy casualties. Where do 'peace missions' come into the discussion about real soldiering?

As for Nigeria's role in Liberia - that is a special case that deserves a thread of its own.

Psoul:
Now, the military have become too comfortable with civilians that their main brutality has faded away.

^^^
And here lies the problem.

The problem is that their 'main' (actually their 'only') brutality is usually directed at Nigerian civilians. Not at real enemies (internal and external). For years, and I mean years - Nigeria's border communities with Cameroon suffered untold hardship from raids by Camerounian gendarmes. These raids often led to civilian casualties on Nigerian soil. What did our military high command do? Absolutely nothing. After each raid - to add insult to injury, our military HQ would issue some meaningless statements about not retaliating or defending territory because of African brotherhood.

I don't need to say anything about the BHT matter that has been on since 2009. It is noteworthy that Shekau was killed during an internal power struggle and not through the army's efforts. BHT and other internal security threats are still a real and present danger to this day.

Nigerians are sick and tired of rank and file military personnel routinely maiming and killing civilians over some trivial nonsense while our highways, forests and cities are unsafe.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Psoul(m): 11:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
[quote author=Fujiyama post=118618163]

^^^
Kindly provide your sources sir and we can take up the discussion from there. I want to be sure we are on the same page.

Please see if this page can tell u what u don't know.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Armed_Forces

^^^
I am not sure what you mean by politics sir. The military were not forced by anybody in Nigeria to seize power. They went into that business with their own hands - and we can see the result. Whose fault is that? undecided

If there is corruption in the military - again I ask, whose fault is that? It isn't my fault. I don't sit on their recruitment boards. I don't have anything to do with TRADOC. I don't know anything about how service personnel pensions are paid. If they are suffering from corruption what have they done to cleanse themselves?

^^^
grin
You completely went off point here. You actually didn't get the gist.
I will make it simpler. I mean that the problem of Nigerian Army is Politics and corruption. The politicians have infiltrated the army and they are now playing politics. instead of allowing the army to be neutral. Their big Ogas have taken side with some politician and bringing about division among them. No matter how strong a military is, if they don't operate as a united tea, they can't do anything.

So called peace missions (while better than doing nothing - at least in theory) are not the channels through which real armies prove themselves. There is only one way for serious armies to test their battle worthiness/readiness - and that is in open combat with an enemy. Not some amorphous and ill-defined 'peace mission'. undecided

Nigeria sent a small contingent of troops to Congo, Somalia etc. on these so called peace keeping operations. Nothing to brag about. The Vietcong (and its successor, the Vietnamese army), the Cuban army, Israeli defense force, and others typically do not list peace missions on their CV. They list real wars they have fought against formidable enemies. Even the Russians (their current disaster in Ukraine apart) fought the German army to a standstill in WWII under terrible conditions, with both sides suffering heavy casualties. Where do 'peace missions' come into the discussion about real soldiering?

As for Nigeria's role in Liberia - that is a special case that deserves a thread of its own.

I laughed at this submission. This shows paucity of knowledge of what Peace keeping is all about. Go and read it up to get urself updated.
All I can say to u is that only a Military that is very good both in home front and outside her shores can go on peace keeping mission. You can't draft any army that their ability is not proven to a peace keeping mission. Go and verify.

^^^
And here lies the problem.

The problem is that their 'main' (actually their 'only') brutality is usually directed at Nigerian civilians. Not at real enemies (internal and external). For years, and I mean years - Nigeria's border communities with Cameroon suffered untold hardship from raids by Camerounian gendarmes. These raids often led to civilian casualties on Nigerian soil. What did our military high command do? Absolutely nothing. After each raid - to add insult to injury, our military HQ would issue some meaningless statements about not retaliating or defending territory because of African brotherhood.

I don't need to say anything about the BHT matter that has been on since 2009. It is noteworthy that Shekau was killed during an internal power struggle and not through the army's efforts. BHT and other internal security threats are still a real and present danger to this day.

Nigerians are sick and tired of rank and file military personnel routinely maiming and killing civilians over some trivial nonsense while our highways, forests and cities are unsafe.

My brother, I like ppl that argue rationally. I will also want you to do so.
What you are arguing here is just like still supporting my point.
I told you that the Military had become too comfortable with civilians that their brutality has started wearing out. Just the same a good footballer that stopped practicing will start fading. Such a footballer will be shy to meet his mates in the field. He will prefer dibbling local boys in a community football where he can use the to shine.
This is the same problem with the Nigerian Military. Cos of bn too comfortable with the civilians, they will prefer exhibiting their brutality on the armless civilians rather than those that need such brutality. Before now, when we hardly use to see military men in the society, you will see those military men hungry of war, cos that is what they are trained for. But Politicians brought them to be mingling within the society, now they are scared of dying cos they have become too comfortable after seeing so many beautiful life they have bn missing.

Finally, I still maintain that we have good Military, only if corruption and politics will be removed from them.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
You need to edit your post - I cannot quote you because of the text you pasted.
Re: Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video) by benjanny(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good One

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Poisons Day-old Stepson In Niger State With "Otapiapia" / Notorious Thief Caught And Burnt In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Court Convicts Four Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.