Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria (32634 Views)

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State / Buhari: Kolmani Oil Drill Has Attracted $3bn Investments / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by gracealonev: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:
Do this People have sense at all ?
Even if there was oil in the north ...you need the oil to be 3 times the oil in the Niger Delta region for it to make economic sense drilling the oil honestly

From my analysis it would take 15 billion dollars to build pipeline to transport oil from the north east basin to the ocean in calabar ...or at best ebonyi so you can then use the calabar river to move them

So you need at least 1 million barrels per day production for like 20 years to make such investment worth it

People would say build module refinery ? They are hardly profitable

.well let's watch n see

This was what I just discussed with the person close to me before I read your comment.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Golan007: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
owobokiri:
Hope it's not slant drillings.
You guys will lay pipes from the East and be claiming oil that you don't have..
Bunch of eternal kiringwos

Avoid speaking about subjects you are ignorant of.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Marpol2021(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:
Even if there was oil in the north ...you need the oil to be 3 times the oil in the Niger Delta region for it to make economic sense drilling the oil honestly

From my analysis it would take 15 billion dollars to build pipeline to transport oil from the north east basin to the ocean in calabar ...or at best ebonyi so you can then use the calabar river to move them

So you need at least 1 million barrels per day production for like 20 years to make such investment worth it

.well let's watch n see
ororo dey ur head hope you are already obidient.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by jconsulting(f): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
These are lies , they wanted to include those states in 13 percent derivation , what is the formation of the oil deposits no body knows
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Themandator: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

.well let's watch n see

What about haulage trucks and trains
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by christistruth01: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
If they can find Oil in good Quantity in the North the Southern Oil fields wi rest and all the Pollution and Oil Spills in the Niger Delta will be Cleaned up
While the Northern Oil fields will continue to finance the Govt

Nobody would feel cheated again
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by sanya4good(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
This is good news, hope this one will be difficult to steal by the oil thieves.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Higgies(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
owobokiri:
My taught exactly. Nothing remains a secret forever. Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by riverbird: 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na pipe from ND carry oil go there.

Let them keep deceiving Thier fathers there grin, maybe they where referring to kulikuli oil cheesy, kulikuli economy loading. ..........15%....
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by riverbird: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
sanya4good:
This is good news, hope this one will be difficult to steal by the oil thieves.

Don't allow yourself to be deceived comrade.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by verifiablefacts: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

Unless the oil meets the requirements of Kaduna refinery even at that it's still very far from it and would cost 5 billion dollars minimum to link up

So all you are insisting is,it will not work huh.
You now know more than all the FG,nnpc and the sterling guys.
Pessimist of the highest order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by 5starMan: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
This is pure lies...
FYI I was part of the crew at KOLMANI 3 years ago.
You can't call that commercial quantity, maybe it is political quantity.
Nonesense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
North is now NIGER DELTA

SOUTH SOUTH IS GROWING
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by clothingonline(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good one
We need real.fedral.system of government all state manage his funds
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by BreconHills(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

.well let's watch n see

You are assuming that the oil will exported via southern ports. I still think its great news for Northern states and the southern states. Fiscal equality is a prerequisite to the ultimate which is regional government

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
Marpol2021:
ororo dey ur head hope you are already obidient.
How this kind brain no go dey obidient
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by blaqoracle: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
Munamoqel:
they can build a modular refinery ther
why bother yourself to explain to these ethnic bigot, who parade himself now as obidient maggot.
They hate everything north, yet they cant survive 3days without the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
Osariemen12:
A progressive Nigeria is good for all of us. Unfortunately, APC led administration can't give it to us.

Death to all Tinubu supporters.
in as much as we don't like apc, wishing death to all Tinubu supporters is not ideal. Nobody lives forever
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Sanctecosma(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
White Elephant Project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Cmanforall: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na pipe from ND carry oil go there.

grin cheesy

And they will drill to hit it open as discovered crude oil?
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Johnn44: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
owobokiri:
grin
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by masseratti: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
jamesversion:
What happened to Lagos state 'oil'. grin
Aje oil field is up and running of the coast of Badagry... By the way this is OPL not OML nothing to celebrate about this nau... Or is it to score so cheap points?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Jsucre(m): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2022
owobokiri:
pipe from which east?
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by chrisxxx(m): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2022
kenchop:
Truth is everyone knows there is nothing commercial there, otherwise the majors would be there before everyone else. APC NA SCAM
They think everyone is fool. Oil exploration can be done on the air. Spdc, Mobil and other oil giant have flown over that air space since by helicopter a d found nothing. This can be done via gravity survey. There is nothing in northern Nigeria as rightly said by Lord Lugard since 1914.
The only thing they can drill there is the blood of innocent Christians like that of Deborah and others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Johnn44: 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2022
5starMan:
This is pure lies...
FYI I was part of the crew at KOLMANI 3 years ago.
You can't call that commercial quantity, maybe it is political quantity.
Nonesense
My Jotter don full. Omo see grammar; Political quantity. Lols l need to write that down
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

.well let's watch n see

/

Why do you care? What benefits did the people from ND reap from the oil in their backyard? They are busy fighting to be security guards for others to siphon their natural resources while Zamfara people are banking their gold.

If ND have common sense, every notable person in ND should have an oil field and then pay royalties to the FG. But they are only concerned with immediate gratification.

/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by jamesversion: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2022
masseratti:
Aje oil field is up and running of the coast of Badagry... By the way this is OPL not OML nothing to celebrate about this nau... Or is it to score so cheap points?

I was asking cos I want to know the figures lagos produces. How many barrels exactly.

I dunno what the northerners are posturing with their pretend oil.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by PecE2Make: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2022
Wonders shall never end
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Neoteny7: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

.well let's watch n see

I'm sure the engineers, technicians, scientists, financial experts, creditors, insurers and a ton of other seasoned experts don't have a clue what they're doing. If only they can come to nairaland and consult with the armchair "experts" such as your humble self.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by Germi9: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2022
Boko and iswap will kee to drill those oil in otherwords another rise in terrorism
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by BJanta: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2022
mrvitalis:

.well let's watch n see

That's why they're developing cargo
railines along the northeast and south
east corridor, to carry bulk and heavy
cargoes. Remember that the reason the
minister of transport gave for building a
narrow gauge railway in that axis was
to the movement of cargoes.
Re: Buhari To Officiate First Oil Drill In Northern Nigeria by masseratti: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2022
jamesversion:

I was asking cos I want to know the figures lagos produces. How many barrels exactly.

I dunno what the northerners are posturing with their pretend oil.
i think its not much but quite profitable for the company handling it, Folawiyo oil... I doubt if it's up to 100k barrel a day tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From President Buhari's Second Term Declaration At APC NEC Meeting / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths / Peter Obi Campaigns For Alex Otti, Abia State LP Gubernatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.