Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths (32616 Views)

Canadian Court Describes Nigerian Police As Murderous, Corrupt / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by booblacain(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
“The first thing is that I have never given a blanket endorsement of youth. I used to exchange friendly disagreements with Tai Solarin from time to time over this. I remember I took him on once when he said, I can die for the young generation, and I said, don’t say that. Don’t be so sweeping in your statement, some of this young generation is treacherous and many of them are only just waiting for their own slice of the national cake.

“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1253168-i-wont-silent-injustice-nigerians---soyinka.html

My opinion: very apt.

200 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by oz4real83(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
We have a lot of them on nairaland. cry when u ask them what the thread they just commented on was all about, they will be starring at u like the pics on nigerian currencies.

512 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Optional09: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Haha very unserious kind of youths

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by MachadoPreto: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added."

Ogun Laakaye bless and protect Wole Soyinka

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Born2Breed(f): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin grin grin

We have them on Nairaland in quantum.

Some even dedicate it, I have never seen a bunch of intellectually lazy morons in my entire life like those on here.

I pity their parents and their future kids.

382 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Abfinest007(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
see who is talking

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Okoroawusa: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
Ahoy!

May u walk and never stumble

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by donbachi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
Just like first to form cult.

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Mariory(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
booblacain:
“The first thing is that I have never given a blanket endorsement of youth. I used to exchange friendly disagreements with Tai Solarin from time to time over this. I remember I took him on once when he said, I can die for the young generation, and I said, don’t say that. Don’t be so sweeping in your statement, some of this young generation is treacherous and many of them are only just waiting for their own slice of the national cake.

“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1253168-i-wont-silent-injustice-nigerians---soyinka.html

Pure and Simple! I call it "herd" mentality.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by holllandis: 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
booblacain:

Stupid thing of a man
Lucky say I nor be ftc for your mumu post

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by tigerclaws: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added."

Ogun Laakaye bless and protect Wole Soyinka
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by naijapips04: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
I think soyinka visits nairaland often.

228 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Raydos: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
During their own time, no be weed dem dey take do fine boy??

Abeg make we too enjoy our lives jaree

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by africanusvu(m): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
On point,very weak.unreasonable.lazy cowards we nw av there as youths

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Ekez(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Is he a nairalander ? Am just asking

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by BlackfireX: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Walahi this prof is a member on NL.... I will find him.

grin

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Omoluabi16(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wole Soyinka is on nairaland.

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Annie939(f): 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2019
like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by jlinkd78(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Soyinka is aptly on point

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by dunkem21(m): 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
They are all on NL .. I mean Soyinka is on NL with a funny moniker.

Reno is on NL ..

FFK is on NL ..

Omojuwa is on NL.

Deji Adeyanju is here.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by PFRB: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
I know very well that Soyinka is very much on Nairaland.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
booblacain:

Faulty analysis!!! Are the youths in power

Dear Wole Soyinka, the youths are not the problems of Nigeria!!!

The old greedy, corrupt, sitting on the wall (like yourself), old men are!!!

Please face them and leave the youths alone!!!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by famouscargo4u: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

\

i so agree with WS comments. many of the youths I see today will be worse if they were in the helm of affairs, The few ones that have tasted power proved me right. Yaya Bello, Dimeji Bankole etc.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by scribble: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
But if soyinka knows why does he need Amaechi to be celebrating birthday for him with looted state funds

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by henryobinna(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin

I think you're the one who's guilty of faulty analysis, soyinka was never talking about leadership or what have you, I agree 100% with what he said. it's all truth.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Rosskiki: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
oz4real83:
We have a lot of them on nairaland. cry when u ask them what the thread they just commented on was all about, they will be starring at u like the pics on nigerian currencies.

Soyinka was speaking about Nairaland. The ''1st to comment'' line gave it away.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
Is Soyinka a nairalander?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Kendumazy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
Soyinka is a Nairalander! Abi Baba is vexing that some people are always dragging nairaland frontage first to comment with him. Well, Baba is absolutely truthful about the state of the youths Nigeria have. It's well!

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.

21 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
this guy na nairalander

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by BabaCommander: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by sogodihno: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
A

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seriake Dickson Gives Wole Soyinka An Ijaw War Canoe, Makes Him An Ambassador / Biafra: Ekweremadu, Abaribe, Other Igbo Senators Meet Buhari Over IPOB, Nnamdi K / Sanwo-Olu: Igbo Man Will Be Governor Of Lagos One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.