Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) (405 Views)

Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race / Wike: Forget My Rough Face & How I Talk, Vote For Me As Your President (Video) / I’ll Be Your President – Atiku Sends Message To Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by BigBills: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Nigeria deserves a political leadership that can rescue it from the morass of economic strangulation and the backwaters of technological backwardness. So, it behooves on us to cast our votes wisely in the 2023 presidential election.

Mr Peter Gregory Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, is the man who the cap fits regarding the Nigerian presidential seat. Didn’t he acquit himself well in the area of political leadership when he held sway as the Anambra State governor between 2006 and 2014? Then, his leadership prowess manifested in many diverse areas of governance, the impact of which affected Anambra State positively.

A man renowned for his parsimonious nature, he expertly husbanded the economy of Anambra State, and grew it to an astonishingly great heights. As a result, the Anambra State’s finance was in a fine fettle. So, he was able to execute many infrastructural projects in the state. Not only did he construct new roads and repair bad ones, but he also re-built schools’ buildings in Anambra State, which were in decrepit condition. He equipped mission hospitals in the state with modern medical equipment, and gave them facelift, too.

That he turned around the health and educational sectors in Anambra State is an indisputable fact. He injected money into the education sector, and handed schools that were originally owned by the church back to them for the efficient and proper management of the schools. So not surprisingly, during his stay in office as the Anambra State governor, the state recorded excellent results in such examinations as NECO and SSCE, coming tops in those examinations for many years.

He left an imprimatur of peerless political leadership on Anambra State’s political landscape. His leadership examples and achievements have become touchstones and benchmarks for assessing successive governors of Anambra State. The legacies of infrastructural development, revamping of the health and educational sectors, and the prudent management of the Anambra State financial resources, which he left behind in Anambra State, have endeared him to us.

Unlike some other past state governors and political actors, who have the sword of Damocles of allegation of financial misdemeanors hanging over their necks, Mr Obi is not standing trial for any financial misdemeanor. And his reputation is not besmirched by other wrong doings like inappropriate sexual behaviour. So, he wears his epaulettes of moral probity with so much pride. That is why Mr Obi has become the oasis of integrity in Nigeria where politicians’ looting of public treasury is the norm. And he is the darling of the youths as to the 2023 presidential election.

But there are other politicians contesting for the most prized political diadem in Nigeria as Mr Peter Obi is contesting for. In addition to Mr Obi of the Labour Party, the other presidential candidates, who are front-runners for the 2023 presidential election, are Bola Ahmed Tinubu of APC; Atiku Abubakar of PDP; and Rabiu Kwankwaso of NNPP. Each of these presidential candidates has large following; and each of them is popular with a demographic section of the populace.

But Mr Obi is more eminently qualified than the trio of Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, and Rabiu Kwankwaso. For one, he is a tested politician, who has proved his mettle in the area of political leadership. He has shown that he has the capacity to galvanize and harness our material and human resources to drive our developmental initiatives. And he possesses fealty, moral probity, economic and political ideologies, and broad-mindedness, the qualities, a politician who will lead a heterogeneous country like Nigeria, must possess.

Again, his antecedents and doings have shown that he will unite the peoples of Nigeria rather than divide them. He will bridge the chasm of disunity caused by our ethnic and religious differences by seeing every part of Nigeria as his constituency and ruling us with fairness.

More so, Mr Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, is very well-acquaianted with Nigeria’s multifarious problems like her security challenges, economic woes, and infrastructural deficit. He has, however, proffered solutions to them during his interactions with stakeholders in the Nigerian project at different fora, which is part of his electioneering.

But more importantly is the fact that Mr Obi, who is relatively young when compared to other top contenders for the presidential seat, is in good health. So he has both the mental and physical capacity to go the whole hog regarding offering us purposeful leadership that will transform Nigeria positively and leapfrog her to the class of developed countries.

Based on the benefit of hindsight, electing a geriatric whose cognitive ability is impaired and diminished by age and illness will not bode well for the development of Nigeria.

So, we should reminisce and reflect on some of our former leaders’ stay in office in order to extrapolate moral lessons from them. For example, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s stay in office as our president was marked by his debilitating illness, which resulted in his demise. His death created a power vacuum, which threatened the political stability of Nigeria. And President Buhari’s frequent travels to Britain for medical treatment during his first term in office had dire consequences for Nigeria, then. The affairs of a large and heterogeneous country like Nigeria are too important and delicate to be entrusted in the care of a geriatric, who is always disoriented.

Having this at the back of our minds is one of the major reasons we should disabuse our minds of ethnic sentiments and religious bias when we are choosing our president. We should learn from the peoples of Great Britain, who placed meritocracy above ethnic and religious factors when they elected Rishi Sunak, a non-white person as the Prime Minister of Great Britain. Rishi Sunak, who descended from Indian parentage, has proved that he possesses the mental and physical capacity to lead the charge for the economic recovery of Great Britain.

But back in Nigeria, some people are sniggering at the back of Mr Peter Obi, owing to his ethnic origin(Igbo) and religious affiliation. They have labelled him an IPOB sympathiser and secessionist so as to besmirch his reputation and jeopardize his chances of winning the 2023 presidential election.

Yet, since 1999, when the Fourth Republic birthed in Nigeria, the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba people, two legs of the three-legged tripod on which Nigeria stands, had taken turns to produce the president of Nigeria. And the Igbo ethnic group, which is one of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, has not produced the President of Nigeria. As a consequence, the Igbo people are left in the cold, politically.

So, common sense dictates we should cast our votes for Mr Obi in the 2023 presidential election for he is more eminently and suitably qualified than other presidential candidates angling for the presidential seat.

http://www.tiznaija.com/2022/11/peter-obi-reasons-why-he-will-be.html

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by Realguyman1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
O
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by ElSudani: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
What did he achieve in Anambra? What are the technological advancement he brought to Anambra? Is Anambra a now a model for economic development in Nigeria?
What is the employment rate in Anambra as opposed to other states in Nigeria?
If Obi was such a good administrator why was he impeached twice?
Obi is a packaged 419 candidate who doesn't see anything bad or corrupt in using public funds for investment in companies in which he has shares.
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by Sheistoopretty(f): 12:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
I don't know who to vote for, in this forthcoming election.
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by Osariemen12: 12:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
God bless you, OP. Obi will win.

We're four people Twitting from the same room. Yes, we have our PVCs and they are for Obi.

Death to all Tinubu supporters.
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by Johnthejohn(m): 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
If i no vote Obi/Datti wetin i gain

Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by Johnthejohn(m): 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
Sheistoopretty:
He is the right Man for the Job.

Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by phorget(m): 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Sheistoopretty:

Follow your heart but I will still admonish you to choose life rather than death.
I wouldn't know how rich you are but as for me I cant be buying rice at 45k and you'll expect me to be calm.

We need a fresh hand to pilot our nation, someone that wont tell us to ”shut up” whenever we complain of anything bothering us,someone who wont quit social media cos that is where the poor masses can easily reach out to our president.
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by BigBills: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: This Is Why Peter Obi Should Be Your President In 2023(facts) by gozmok1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2022
Why is it that APC's campaign strategy is always centred on Igbo-hate? An average APC member, Buharist and now Batists cannot campaign for their candidate without attacking Igbo people. The same people will quickly run out and brand Igbo people children of hate and perdition. What is wrong with you? Because Igbo people are living in Lagos Nigeria, they will leave their own interests and be supporting Yoruba interests do you understand the meaning of one nigeria ? just to please you fo.ols? Are you guys simply ins.ane or you just never evolved from precolonial times to a modern democratic 21st century? I sha.me for unna o. Awon alainiojuti. Sh.ame!!!

(1) (Reply)

Atiku In Osun / What Wike Fears Will Definitely Happen To Him~dae Steven Deegbara / Over 250 Pdp Members In Yobe Decamp To Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.