Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Vital Lesson To Learn From The Biblical Joseph, The Espoused Husband To Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vital Lesson To Learn From The Biblical Joseph, The Espoused Husband To Mary (184 Views)

Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vital Lesson To Learn From The Biblical Joseph, The Espoused Husband To Mary by Oseniade(m): 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2022
The video allegedly leaked by the husband of the pregnant woman who was found with his Prophet in a compromised position by the husband made me to write on this and I hope you will be patient enough to read till the very end.
The Biblical account of how Mary's pregnancy came to be is a well known story. However, there are some salient points to note from his alleged actions and inactions.
The Bible described Joseph as a just man(Matt 1:19). As a man about to be 'wedded' and who later found out his alleged 'wife to be' was pregnant; he was
even contemplating on discreetly sending her away. I couldn't imagine the emotional turmoil he would have went through when he found out this. It should be noted that in that era, a woman found to have committed adultery/fornication ordinarily should be stoned to death. Can it be said that this contemplated thought of his was because of his genuine love for Mary or his fear that she might be killed or the shame and scandal associated with it; while we may not really know which one weighed most on his heart, I subscribe to the notion that the last option probably took the highest preeminence as seen in Mathew Chapter 1 vs19 where he did not want her to be made a public example.
Hypothetically speaking now, in the world we currently live in, just imagine such thing just happened; the fiance, if he did not upload it on the internet, he would have shared with friends/family members who would have done the same on the many platform that exist. This is where extreme restraint and caution is needed.Not every story you hear or know about should trend please.
In similar fashion, what would you do if you find your husband, wife, fiance or fiancee to be impregnated or to impregnate as the case may be or better still you even caught them in the very act?
While it might be difficult to take a rational and logical decision at that particular point in time, you should know that there is a thin line between wisdom and foolishness and it takes microseconds to transcend from one to another and moreover, the internet never forgets.
Now to my topic's hero, after his contemplation, he decided to go on with the marriage after being warned in a dream; this connotes a Spiritual direction and leading. He essentially raised a son not of his without 'body shaming', 'slut shaming' or making another party to know about this and to even cap it all, he was said not to have sexual relation with Mary till baby Jesus was born.
What a man!
What an honorary man!
What a principled man!
If not for his singular act of 'mouth restraint', Jesus would have been labelled a confirmed Bastard. Yes, kindly reflect on this.
In conclusion, not everything should be brought to the Social media, certain decisions should not be made in the euphoria of the moment. While the internet has saved countless of lives, the 'alleged' destruction both directly and indirectly is so enormous that I don't think it can be quantified. Before you post that 'post', reflect on it and I trust you will make the right decision.

Reference (Mathew 1, 18-45)

(1) (Reply)

Enforcing Your Prophecy For A New Dimension By Apostle Dr Umah Udah / You Are A Target / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/12/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.