Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,745 members, 7,955,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. (862 Views)

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / What Work Can U Learn As A Student That Will Bring You Income / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by davidugotex(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
Just recently, a friend of mine got an appointment from his church to launch the church fully into I.T. His job would include:
1. To design and maintain a good website for the church, 2. To create and manage a database where all the church's data/records would be stored.
3. To manage every I.T resources of the church.
4. To carry out other tasks that would make the church totally I.T compliant.
The church has provided him a scholarship to acquire the necessary knowledge. The questions this my friend is asking now are:
1. Which I.T packages would be best suited for this position?
2. Which I.T training institute is the best in Nigeria in terms of offering an up-to-date practical training.
Pls note that he is totally to I.T.
Your kind advice and suggestions are needed.
Re: The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by AjanleKoko: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidugotex:

Just recently, a friend of mine got an appointment from his church to launch the church fully into I.T. His job would include:
1. To design and maintain a good website for the church, 2. To create and manage a database where all the church's data/records would be stored.
3. To manage every I.T resources of the church.
4. To carry out other tasks that would make the church totally I.T compliant.
The church has provided him a scholarship to acquire the necessary knowledge. The questions this my friend is asking now are:
1. Which I.T packages would be best suited for this position?
2. Which I.T training institute is the best in Nigeria in terms of offering an up-to-date practical training.
Pls note that he is totally to I.T.
Your kind advice and suggestions are needed.

Your friend is totally new to I.T, and he got appointed the IT manager?
Something must be wrong with your guy or the church.
Re: The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
If he's been paid for the job then he can as well outsource the web design aspect to a web designer. But if he wants to learn it himself then here are the courses he needs to focus on:

1) XHTML and CSS - HTML is a markup language that defines how a web page is structured.

2) Javascript - This is a client side scripting language and is most often used for client side validations.

3)PHP or ASP.net or JSP - These are web scripting languages that are used for building web applications. You use these to build dynamic content. PHP is the most commonly used and quite easier to learn.

4) MySql - This is a databse application that you can use to work with a scripting language(PHP, ASP.net, JSP etc).

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to call me on 07065875062.
Re: The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
@Ajelokoko
You have apoint there. Maybe he told them that he knows how to use a computer and they assumed he'll know anything IT related.
Re: The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by davidugotex(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ajelokoko and afam4eva
Thanks for ur contributions. Let me clarify you on that. The church planned to give him a scholarship for his commitment and services to the church. And they want him to study a course that will be relevant to their need. That was why they ask him to go into I.T. So as to be employed by them thereafter.
Re: The Best I.t Programs To Learn As An Intending Church I.t Manager. by AjanleKoko: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
davidugotex:

@ajelokoko and afam4eva
Thanks for your contributions. Let me clarify you on that. The church planned to give him a scholarship for his commitment and services to the church. And they want him to study a course that will be relevant to their need. That was why they ask him to go into I.T. So as to be employed by them thereafter.

Okay, well . . . in that case, I was a bit hasty. Well, he needs to start from the basics. Maybe CompTIA A+ and MCSE, to start with. That will cover hardware and infrastructure. I'd say that is a good place to start.

(1) (Reply)

Primavera training & Exam Date / Omg!!!easy Way To Make Money Online As A Nigerian(3k A Day Cash Blueprint) / 35 Things To Do For Your Career By 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.