Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here (46847 Views)

Qualified Chartered Accountants In Here..pls Help The 2013 ICAN Aspirants!!!. / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria / Can Engineers Become Chartered Accountants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
hello noble professionals,i'm presently in ATS 3 stage of ICAN exams,the purpose of this thread is for the intending professionals to tell ur how it has been,experiences so far,and for qualified professionals to enlighten us on whether what is being read for is actually what is being obtainable in practice in our present day professional world? pls your views would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by chikaliki: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2012
When is May 2012 diet result coming out?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2012
i guess late june or early july
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by alaokayode: 3:30pm On Jun 20, 2012
I wrote the last ATS3 diet and passed but not yet inducted.
i want to work with my ATS3 but i only have olevel. i don't even know what to do, i mean which employer can employ an ATS3 without induction and just olevel.

Congratulations to the 36th AAT inductees.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2012
alao_kayode: I wrote the last ATS3 diet and passed but not yet inducted.
i want to work with my ATS3 but i only have olevel. i don't even know what to do, i mean which employer can employ an ATS3 without induction and just olevel.

Congratulations to the 36th AAT inductees.
[quote
if u passed u would have to be inducted as an AAT,and a certificate issued to you
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by BAKAREAAT(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
Office ettiquete is key and magerial skills is also very important with your accting skills.
You need to be dynamics and flexible both being officious and non officious because you are dealing and working as team to different
humans with different concept and perception and again you need to learn how to relates and communicate well in office evinrons otherwise
you will have problems with your immediate boss and even other line managers or users dept.
You have to be strictly to instructions except although you can advice but with diplomacy .you have to study your boss and others very well
this is also key and the same continuous learning is inevitable so as to keep yourself effective and efficient on the job
Thank You
Taiwo(ACA)

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2012
thank for depositing such wealth of knowledge,buh is it wat is learned in lecture is actually what is practised?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by kawazaki01: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
I will advise you obtain your AAT certificate, as this will afford you the opportunity to negotiate well with employers of labour.[b]I will advise you obtain your AAT certificate, as this will afford you the opportunity to negotiate well with employers of labour.[/b]I will advise you obtain your AAT certificate, as this will afford you the opportunity to negotiate well with employers of labour.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by kawazaki01: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
Sound accounting knowledge is required from an AAT and strict compliance with ethical standards to be able to function effectively as an AAT.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by kawazaki01: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
The sound accounting knowledge which you have acquired as an AAT will be higly appreciated by you when you start practising it.Practising accounting will increase your confidence level.I want you to have this at the back of your mind that what obtains in the theoretical aspect of accounting is also applicable when in practice.

Let me share this with you.Could you believe that a bank reconciliation statement was set for me as a job aptitude test without any difference from what we acquired during ATS.We were given a bank statement and a cash book and was asked to reconcile the differences between them.

In view of the above,one can easily conclude that accounting as a course is highly practicable.
I therefore urge all my fellow AATS in the house to please spread the potentials of Accounting Technicians to the world any where they find themselves and endeavour to compete favourably with their counterparts in West Africa.SALAUDEE RASAQ ADEYEMI,AAT.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
Are u serious? Make sense i tink AAT ACA are beta recognizd than those who exemptd it 4 p.e stages

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
Being a accountant is one of the best thing that has ever happen to me! Let me share my experience with you. When I am seeking for an admission... Instead of being admitted as accounting they gave me Industrial Relation and Personnel Management... I was bitterly down and threaten to disc lined the admission but after second thought I went for it.

In my first year... I met a guy who introduce me to ATS then... And we started reading and preparing for the exam together! By God grace and hardwork... I am now ACA,AAT, Bsc holder. And now .... I am preparing for my ACCA and equally work in a telecomms company. By and large... Accounting is purely practical and it dwell most on how you can solve issues and make a sound financial judgement. You need to keep learning everyday because everyday pose a challenge. Teslim(ACA)

3 Likes

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by dkolu(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
Accounting is a very practical discipline hence whatever u learn in class would be of great use to you when praticing. I qualified during my undergraduatte days even though i studied sociology in school. It was a really gruelling experience as i had to stay back during the long holidays to prepare for exams. All u need is determination and focus .

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Reuben2012(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2012
This thred is educating i really love it.pple in the house pls i need ur advice on how to ave an aca or ats before i finish my ND days in sch how will i cope pls i kindly need ur advice.thanks
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 22, 2012
[quote author=Reuben2012]This thred is educating i really love it.pple in the house pls i need ur advice on how to ave an aca or ats before i finish my ND days in sch how will i cope pls i kindly need ur advice.thanks [/quote

You have to registed with Ican first as a student memeber and again care to find out if your school is acrredited... If yes! I will advice you to complete your ND programme first and go for exemption for Ats 1 and 2. With your ND programme... I beieve you can pass the ATS 3 with first allempt. And in ATS 3... You are expected to write 4 papers.. Finacial Account, Tax, managemet, and Costing. But first thing... Get register as ICAN student member.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Reuben2012(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2012
@Texzlem,thanks for ur advice but there is this thing i cant diffrentiate very well pls put some light into it.pls what is the different btw ACA,AAT.i stil knw abt ACCA and which one will u advice me to do first if i finish my nd in sch.Am inquisitve to knw all this just to ave a clear picture of what i want to do in future so can prepare for it now also i want u to mentor me cos i want to trend on what u ave gone through.looking forward for ur reply.thanks
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Patwitme(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
Reuben tnx 4 dis question. dis has bein wht is disturbin me too.pls u guys over der shuld help us on dis Tnx.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2012
in reply to your question......

The Accounting Technicians Scheme [ATS ] was established by the Institute in 1989 with the primary aim of producing competent and technical middle level accounting personnel for the Accounting profession and to meet the needs of the Nigerian economy. So far, the Scheme has produced over ten thousand (10,000) graduate who are proud holders of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification.

The AAT became necessary when Chartered Accountants, occupy top-level positions in various sectors of the economy cannot find a competent hand to work with. Most of those available are unprofessional graduate. (HND and B.Sc (Accounting) graduates who are not professionals.) Thus, between the Chartered Accountants and their unsophisticated and diverse clients, there existed a vacuum that needed to be filled. This vacuum could only be filled by Accounting Technicians who are trained to understand and interpret the language of the professionals to the clients.

Also, the scheme provides opportunity for those for wanted to become chartered Accountant but they don’t have the required educational background…. But with your AAT you can be exempted from some level when enrolling for the ACA.

THE DUTIES OF THE ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
As already mentioned above, the Accounting Technician is adequately equipped to support the Chartered Accountant who is expected to groom him. In addition to the various duties that would be assigned to him, the Accounting Technician will find himself performing some or all of the following functions:

 Collection of data relating to the operations of the economic entity;
 Classifying and storage of data in logical manners;
 Analysis of data to derive useful information;
 Interpretation of the information generated from the operational data to aid decision making;
 Making forecasts and projections on the entity's operations.

ADVANTAGES OF BEING AAT
- Holders of the Association of Accounting Technicians qualification can use their certificate to proceed to the ICAN Professional qualifying examinations scheme and eventually qualify as full-fledged Chartered Accountants [ACA]

-The AAT certificate can also be used to secure admission into a University to study B.Sc Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Taxation, Business Administration, etc. Many Nigerian Universities equate AAT Certificate with ND (Accounting) Upper Credit and, so, admit holders into 200 level of a relevant degree programmed.
-An AAT certificate holder can work in both the private and public sectors of any economy in the world. The certificate indicates competence, integrity and ability to take on responsibility of an accounting nature.

-Holders of the AAT certificates are very good Audit clerks – checking records and conducting bank reconciliations.

These are just some of the opportunities open to holders of AAT Certificates.

ADMISSION REQUIEMENTS

a) Five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in the West African School Certificate Examination, General Certificate of Education or Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in not more than two sittings.

b) Ordinary National Diploma of any Polytechnic recognized by the Council of the Institute.

c) National Certificate of Education (NCE) from any College of Education.

d) Any other relevant qualification approved by the Institute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Reuben2012(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2012
@Texzlem,by ur illustration shld go for AAT first after i ave finished my ND and what is the duration is it a year or more and what abt the cost.i want to knw all this before i finish my ND in sch.thanks
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
i advice you to start the ATS after your ND. And the duration of the exam depend on how well u pass yr exam at a sitting.
The Exam period is six month... so twice a year [March and Sept] and the exam cost.... u have to visit their office for update.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Reuben2012(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
@Texzlem,thanks for the advice i do appreciate. i will keep u informed when am abt to start the program so that u can mentor me.pls i ave a question to ask again,what is the relationship btw ICAN and ACA are they diffrent body or those who pass ican exam are given aca certificate. looking forward for ur response.thanks
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2012
Maximus17: Are u serious? Make sense i tink AAT ACA are beta recognizd than those who exemptd it 4 p.e stages
No. ACA is ACA, no matter the route.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
after the completion of your ICAN exam... you will be inducted into the membership of Associate Chartered Accountant [ACA] with a reg. no and for the ATS.... it is called AAT [Associate Accounting Technician].

so ACA is award given for the completion of the ican exam and FCA [Fellow Chartered Accountant] is for experience ACA.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by tohirah(f): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2012
Also in ats 3 presently,preparing for sept diet almost through with my ND(accountancy) but I'm a science student. Do you know if universities admit students with science subjects in waec for accounting?
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by nitrogen(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^^ yes. Actually, it is some, but not all.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by taland(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dear Friends

You are invited to be a part of our August 2012 training at an amazing price of N5000 / participant + N2000 / certification (Optional)…..No hidden charges!! For beginners and advanced users.

Peachtree (Sage 50 U.S Edition) Premium: Saturday 4th & sunday 5th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively
Saturday 11th & sunday 12th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively
QuickBooks Pro Accounting 2012: August Saturday 18th & sunday 19th by 8.30am & 12pm respectively

We are trained professional with professional qualifications and experience spanning over 10years in accounting software administration. Facilitators are member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and Holds an MBA-Finance from reputable Nigerian Universities

We want to appreciate members of this forum that has supported this initiative. Thank you and God bless you.

If you're interested, enjoy this offer while it last by sending a text to: 08032897801 or 07028313882 stating your desired package, email, your phone number & your Location (your name is not mandatory). This offer requires that you come with your system for free installation.

Training center is Located at Isolo, Lagos. We will notify you of our Port Harcourt training soon.

Paul Adeboyejo B.sc, ACA, MBA
For: MAGNIFICENT CONSULT
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
rily happy i created a thread lyke this,enriched and fortified with professional accounting knowledge thanks ACAs for your contributions,pls u can still keep us abreast with changes in the accounting World,upcoming seminars,workshops etc as this would enable us appreciate the beauty in accounting,thanx
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Mustay(m): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Jarus:
No. ACA is ACA, no matter the route.

@Maximus17
Methinks he meant BSc holders for example who were exempted from taking the ATS exams.

What you should know is that those who are/were exempted are exempted from taking ATS 'cos in school, they're expected to have covered what is covered in the syllabus in their respective (accredited) higher institutions.

1 Like

Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by roarowolo(f): 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
This is to inform you that enrolment for ATSWA September 2012 is still on. Sale of pin voucher had been extended to 11 September 2012 and the website remains opened for registration up till 12noon of 12 September 2012. For further details, please call to 01-8714495 or 08033741904 or 07062888990 or 08028369181.
Thanks.
Re: Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here by Maximus17(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
roarowolo is it your email we see on ican website for complaints? and p;ease when do we expect the sept 2012 diet to be released?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering / Sex Scandal Hits MTN As Female Employees Accuse CSO Adebiyi Of Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.