Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) (42383 Views)

Poverty Rate In Nigeria By Geo-political Zone, According To NBS Report / Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone / Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by daroz(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
I know Edo will always come out among the best in almost everything. I love my State.
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by RichDaniels: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
I have said it before and I would say it again, I have lived in all regions of Nigeria, I am from Taraba, but I would say the truth, Igbos are truly the most developed sets of Nigerians. This is true, go to the southeast, the problem is that they don't know how to manage large cities, so you look at Onitsha and aba and you think the east is in ruins. Go to their villages and small towns, it's the most beautiful places I've been to, lively, calm and nice. I served in Ohafia and I can testify to this. Abia is truly one of the most developed states in terms of human indices than any other part of Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by womenareapezz: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
This is the number of poor people in Nigeria in each Geo political zone

Regional Distribution of the Poverty Index across Nigeria.

-NW Population-49 million people. Number of Poor People-45.5 million (92.8% poverty).

-NE Population -26 million people. Number of Poor People-20.5 million (78.8% poverty).

-NC Population-21 million people. Number of poor people-20.2 million (96% poverty).

-SW Population -32.5 million people Number of poor people-16.3 million (50% poverty).

-SS Population-26 million people. Number of poor people-19.7 million (75% poverty).

-SE Population-22 million. Number of poor people-10.9 million. (49.5% poverty)

so you people can count the number of poor people but don't know the actual population of Nigeria undecided
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Emola12(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
Che Dem count me among Dem so
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by LZAA: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
Asgard73:
Was thinking Yoruba land has been made of diamonds and onyx grin

Guess with all abuses and curses ..and all NBS STATISTICS grin

still almost 20million Yoruba people suffering from acute poverty and chronic hunger

BUT WHY BE SAY ANYTIME I TELL THEM ABIUT THE ACUTE POVERTY AND CHRONIC HUNGER.. dem go dey abuse and curse the moniker ..

Now no be Asgard the talk .. na from dia own media

Tinubu has finished Yoruba land … and he wan come loot Nigerians dry

Tinubu can never ever be President of Nigeria

He remains a god to yoruba people .. and na Diane stop.

Power to the people
North 2023

E too clear
grin grin grin grin
As clear as day
Some urchins are in sifia pains cause of this news grin

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Bobbiee: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
population of SOUTHEAST is around 22m and 10m are living with in poverty
That means 50% of the population are poor

People like you don't have to tell us that you got f9 in mathematics

6 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by annisy(f): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Our foolishness in this country is top notch.. Instead of been angry with the current system that has produce this army of poor people in this country and talking about how to address the problem,, some fools here are busy turning it to a tribal and regional affair, some are even trying to justify why their region has high number compared to other region!!! Honestly blacks race are not intelligent, Nigerians are the most foolish of the entire black race!! ..
You people can continue to justify the poverty in your region,and continue to make excuses for your foolish leader.. The last time I checked our colonial masters handed a perfect country with good roads, working railway, quality hospitals, quality school, less insecurity etc to us, but 60 years down the line look at what we made out of the country!!! Anyways I don't expect much, February is around the conner make una elect another mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by bjtinz: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
Folks are squabbling about whose region is less affected rather than reflect on the very sober figures.

Secondly, for those doubting the figures, it's important to understand the definition of poverty.

But by World bank standards, anyone on less than $2/day (about N800) is said to be poor. Thus a father who earns N30,000 per month with four children is, by this definition actually poor.

Given our resources and all, we shouldn't be in this situation sad

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by FreeStuffsNG: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
LZAA:

Smh. Please quit social media and improve your education. Just to help you, there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. They are not even in same linguistic family and there are states in Nigeria where there are no Fulani but there are Hausa and there are states where there are no Hausa but there are Fulani . It is the nomadic nature of the Fulani that has confused you that they are part of Hausa.
Many of you are displaying ignorance today becaise you are wasting away your life and time on idle gists on the social media instead of facing your studies.
On the low population of your Igbo stock, argue with numbers ; I do not create the numbers.All the numbers captured with biometric have turned out low for Igbo.
Your politicians know this fact so only naive ones like you do not know wink
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Eyinola1: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2022
Na wa ooooo north alone combined together 96M population while the whole of SW,SSAND SE 80M COMBINED, hmmmmmm
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Jack500: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2022
Asgard73:

You’re a joker .. a nuisance…

Get to fbi and confirm Nigeria population and tribes

Don’t come to my mention like a fool

You are the nuisance here.

I hope you can finally end your miserable life, when your Atiku fail in February
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by tunapawizzy: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
the one with the highest poverty rate decides who becomes President..that's why the thieves keep winning in this country...poverty is their weapon...give the poor small bread n garri oin return for votes...
How do u want to prove to a man that cannot feed that the politician that just gave him 1 bag of rice for his vote is his enemy.....he isnt just poor, he is also not in a position to critically analyze the intention of the one paying for his vote

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Thermodynamics(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2022
inoki247:
Wetin be SE population again....

if na election time now SE people will come online say na dem plenty pass cos na dem dey go other region pass if we ar to go by that derr calculations na dem dey Troop to other state to still occupy poor people space in other region...

So if we are to count poor people by tribe na dem go plenty pass....

Cos na dem full other region like Aboki.....

You think that map represents the true gbo population?
That is just something drawn by the Nigerian government, 80% of Rivers state (Port Harcourt) are all Igbos, a large percentage of Delta State are also Igbos. There are Igbos in Calabar, Benue, Kogi and Benin.

Find out the real Igbo population by Igbo speaking tribe and not by a map someone drew.

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Orch1981: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2022
ebenmosi360:
Kogi has population of just 4 million but almost 3million are poor. What rubbish
I school in kogi state the poverty there is alarming

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by LZAA: 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Please quit social media and improve your education. Just to help you, there is nothing like Hausa-Fulani. They are not even in same linguistic family and there are states in Nigeria where there are no Fulani but there are Hausa and there are states where there are no Hausa but there are Fulani . It is the nomadic nature of the Fulani that has confused you that they are part of Hausa.
Many of you are displaying ignorance today becaise you are wasting away your life and time on idle gists on the social media instead of facing your studies.
On the low population of your Igbo stock, argue with numbers ; I do not create the numbers.All the numbers captured with biometric have turned out low for Igbo.
Your politicians know this fact so only naive ones like you do not know wink
Lmao
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa%E2%80%93Fulani
Maybe you should stop being an apc tool first grin
Meanwhile after the north igbos have the highest population
Might help if u lot stop comparing yasef to igbos grin

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by LZAA: 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
annisy:
Our foolishness in this country is top notch.. Instead of been angry with the current system that has produce this army of poor people in this country and talking about how to address the problem,, some fools here are busy turning it to a tribal and regional affair, some are even trying to justify why their region has high number compared to other region!!! Honestly blacks race are not intelligent, Nigerians are the most foolish of the entire black race!! ..
You people can continue to justify the poverty in your region,and continue to make excuses for your foolish leader.. The last time I checked our colonial masters handed a perfect country with good roads, working railway, quality hospitals, quality school, less insecurity etc to us, but 60 years down the line look at what we made out of the country!!! Anyways I don't expect much, February is around the conner make una elect another mumu
Calm down
Of course sane people are angry
It's the urchins here who are spewing tribal crap
Relax

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by bashlek(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2022
SW just inherited alot of poor people from other regions especially Northerners in Lagos & Ibadan. Critically, SW is doing fine than others. But this country poor oooo

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Chemlite: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
In other words, the 2% region is richer or doing better (i.e has less poor people).....
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Westchester(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2022
Elemosho478:

If all the poor Igbo in South west that hustle with wheel barrows, hawk fan milk, sell meat Pie and puff puff return to the East. We will get the true representation of the East being the poorest region in the south.

Cry you ediot cry grin

6 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by onuman: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
ugbarreta:
Chei! Op why you bring this kind news for nairaland? Tribal war go soon start for here, people weh no like SE plenty for here and de no go like this news.

What tribal war? Northerners know the true poverty situation and are not bothered.
It's only MURIC people in the SW who see Lagos urban sprawl and start to believe that all the SW region is flowing with milk, honey and modern development. They call the SE villages. But unknown to them, there is hardly any place in the SE that looks like the interior village the MURIC people wished for the entire SE.

Even Prof WS mentioned Village Burial Ceremony when Chinua Achebe died. So?

5 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Chemlite: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
tunapawizzy:
the one with the highest poverty rate decides who becomes President

That's the reason poverty is multiplying!

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by gidgiddy: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
annisy:

The only thing I have read here that makes sense
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by BossGerald: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
DennisEche:

Mumu the two State i mentioned got the highest. I purposely didn't mention Akwa Ibom and Rivers because their Governors is working with theirs unlike Delta and Bayelsa that have nothing to show for theirs

I asked of Anambra state, I don't understand what brought this insult??
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by onuman: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
tunapawizzy:
the one with the highest poverty rate decides who becomes President

Zone of highest poverty rate largely deciding who becomes president of Nigeria is at the core of Nigeria's leadership problems and poverty.

Muhammadu Buhari became president of a Nigeria boasting of having loads of its Diaspora citizens as technocrats and administrators running US, UK, Saudi, Canadian government institutions and technology companies.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by BossGerald: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Bros, take am easy! He's still your brother inspite of his misyarn! smiley

Let's put that unfortunate incident behind us and move on for the good of Obi, Soludo, Anambra, Ndigbo....and maybe Nigeria!

Lol, he don melow down sha, but the thing still dey pain me because I be onye Anambra and I'm still schooling here, that statement made these yoruba Muslims to talk rubbish about Anambra state, even those from osun and Ibadan.

My home town alone has more duplexes, tarred roads, 3local markets, each houses with clean tap water, more serene environment than their whole local government.

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by DennisEche(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2022
BossGerald:

I asked of Anambra state, I don't understand what brought this insult??
did you see Anambra state among the beneficiary?
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Pootle: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
lies...nigeria is far more than this
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by BanyXchi: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
Johel:

Igbos are the less poor people... Norma Norma Igbos are independent wealthy people,followed by the hausas but you see Yoruba people ehn poverty hold dem strong reach their blood and mentality.
continue to deceive yourself Osu miscreant.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by AfonjaConehead: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
inoki247:
Wetin be SE population again....

if na election time now SE people will come online say na dem plenty pass cos na dem dey go other region pass if we ar to go by that derr calculations na dem dey Troop to other state to still occupy poor people space in other region...

So if we are to count poor people by tribe na dem go plenty pass....

Cos na dem full other region like Aboki.....

in life,they say,it is better to remain silent and be thought a fouoool than opening your mouth and quickly remove all doubts whatsoever
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by tunapawizzy: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
onuman:

Z[b]one of highest poverty rate largely deciding who becomes president of Nigeria is at the core of Nigeria's leadership problems and poverty.[/b]

Muhammadu Buhari became president of a Nigeria boasting of having loads of its Diaspora citizens as technocrats and administrators running US, UK, Saudi, Canadian government institutions and technology companies.
I totally agree with you........poverty has become a tool for our politicians...the more the number of the poor the better the agenda of politicians

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by Omodua(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
INDOMIE9090:
population of SOUTHEAST is around 22m and 10m are living with in poverty
That means 50% of the population are poor
So,what's your grouse. What are you insinuating
Re: Number Of Poor People In Nigeria By Geo Political Zone And State :(Pix) by BanyXchi: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
na only those wey never go Afonja land dey believe in their nonsense parables...go ibadan and ogmomosho this ppl live in brown roof shanties,the biggest slum in Africa makoko is inhabited by them living from hand to mouth
this is funny and ironic coming from a Osu like you, I've been to Osu land and it reeks of nothing but poverty and backwardness, there's more brown roofs in Enugwu than anywhere else even though the whole of Enugwu is smaller than Ibadan metropolitan city. Anyways get ready for Bola Ahmed Tinubu as your next president.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 / Ministry Of Communications, Digital Economy: Communication Ministry Changes Name / Moment Senator Wamako Disagreed With Wike For Saying He Lost Because Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.