Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE (818 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, I am writing this thread to make everyone aware of my experience with one of the Logo Designers here on NL, who spams every thread with their proposed service offering.

Here's a link to his profile: https://www.nairaland.com/bamiede

He posts on Nairaland threads saying that he will do a logo for 2k. So I decided to try him out by giving him something to do on Friday 18/11/2022.

He returned with something very different from what I described (Of course he agrees to that too). In fact not remotely close. I tried to get him to correct it, but while at that, asked him to send his account to let me send him money (even if I wasn't sure settle for whatever he did and didn't mention that - after all he trusted me first by going ahead without payment, I thought).

To my bewilderment, he read the message of the adjustments, and request for his account; and immediately started raining abusive language, insinuating that I must be "a scammer" and there are many of that online. I had to scroll up our chat and point to where I already told him to send his account number long before. He apologized saying he missed it. I sent him 3k, as opposed to the 2k he asked for, and then told him to make all the corrections.

While at that, I told him that he'd be doing something else for me, which I described over the next 2 couple of days, but afterward, I specifically stated that he must complete and deliver the first, before he can proceed with the next (with the hope that if I'm not satisfied, I can count my losses and move on).

To my surprise he messaged today, sending me something (I consider) shabby in response to the first - which I certainly wouldn't use, and shockingly also sending me a design for the one I told him to not proceed with until we finalize with the first. And as I guessed, it was something really terrible too, not remotely close to what I described!

On discussing with him, he both admits that I didn't tell him to start that and that he totally omitted what was said in my description. Now what is even more shocking and troubling is that after I told him to not bother about I; and he's trying to force payment out of me by threatening to go online and say hurtful things about me and my brand.

It is really troubling... It makes me ask myself if he's actually a designer or someone trying to get money out of people with design needs through blackmail. Of course, he probably knows the sentiments that the public might dance to - it's small money so just give him. But I refuse to be blackmailed (I already gave him free money for the first one)!

Now my point of posting this here...

While I can and will arrest him (through phone number tracking) in the event that he proceeds with his threat of posting lies and hurtful things on the internet to hurt my person and brand; I am trying to involve a third party "in case he actually believes he is cheated"; so he'd read the comments and we would be both held to scrutiny by whatever you people say here.

I chose Nairaland because, in the event that I am not in any way the unreasonable party, then this person is a threat to well-meaning people on Nairaland going about their activities and businesses on this forum. And if the majority of you think I am wrong, I will accept the loss and pay him again.

Your kind responses shall be really appreciated.

(No insults please).

*Images of all our chats will be posted in the thread

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheVictorious:
Good day Nairalanders, I am writing this thread to make everyone aware of my experience with one of the Logo Designers here on NL, who spams every thread with their proposed service offering.

Here's a link to his profile: https://www.nairaland.com/bamiede

He posts on Nairaland threads saying that he will do a logo for 2k. So I decided to try him out by giving him something to do on Friday 18/11/2022.

He returned with something very different from what I described (Of course he agrees to that too). In fact not remotely close. I tried to get him to correct it, but while at that, asked him to send his account to let me send him money (even if I wasn't sure settle for whatever he did and didn't mention that - after all he trusted me first by going ahead without payment, I thought).

To my bewilderment, he read the message of the adjustments, and request for his account; and immediately started raining abusive language, insinuating that I must be "a scammer" and there are many of that online. I had to scroll up our chat and point to where I already told him to send his account number long before. He apologized saying he missed it. I sent him 3k, as opposed to the 2k he asked for, and then told him to make all the corrections.

While at that, I told him that he'd be doing something else for me, which I described over the next 2 couple of days, but afterward, I specifically stated that he must complete and deliver the first, before he can proceed with the next (with the hope that if I'm not satisfied, I can count my losses and move on).

To my surprise he messaged today, sending me something (I consider) shabby in response to the first - which I certainly wouldn't use, and shockingly also sending me a design for the one I told him to not proceed with until we finalize with the first. And as I guessed, it was something really terrible too, not remotely close to what I described!

On discussing with him, he both admits that I didn't tell him to start that and that he totally omitted what was said in my description. Now what is even more shocking and troubling is that after I told him to not bother about I; and he's trying to force payment out of me by threatening to go online and say hurtful things about me and my brand.

It is really troubling... It makes me ask myself if he's actually a designer or someone trying to get money out of people with design needs through blackmail. Of course, he probably knows the sentiments that the public might dance to - it's small money so just give him. But I refuse to be blackmailed (I already gave him free money for the first one)!

Now my point of posting this here...

While I can and will arrest him (through phone number tracking) in the event that he proceeds with his threat of posting lies and hurtful things on the internet to hurt my person and brand; I am trying to involve a third party "in case he actually believes he is cheated"; so he'd read the comments and we would be both held to scrutiny by whatever you people say here.

I chose Nairaland because, in the event that I am not in any way the unreasonable party, then this person is a threat to well-meaning people on Nairaland going about their activities and businesses on this forum. And if the majority of you think I am wrong, I will accept the loss and pay him again.

Your kind responses shall be really appreciated.

(No insults please).

*Images of all our chats will be posted in the thread
See a scammer claiming saint

You rushed to make a post against me after I threatens your Business.
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
Never mind I'm bringing the game to you

I Love smart people like you.

Bloody liar

Please save all my messages when I was begging you to make the minor correction you mentioned
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2022
I am compiling the rest of the pics in a document, in a detailed manner, as only 4 pics can be attached here at a time. When I'm done, I will share a Dropbox link.

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by phorget(m): 3:42pm On Nov 22, 2022
What you ordered versus what you got.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
phorget:
What you ordered versus what you got.
my brother dont mind the thieef, he haven't posted the very Design we are Fighting for, not this particular Business name.

I made him 2 Logo on 2 different Business names

The one he posted here is done a d dusted the Before he sent me

This
African Talent Hunt which is the one we are fighting for. But he won't mention anything about it for his dubious reasons
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by DanAugust2021: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
See a scammer claiming saint
Were you paid 3k for the 1st job?
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by DanAugust2021: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
my brother dont mind the thieef, he haven't posted the very Design we are fighting for. I will.do that for him now
Was the 1st job accepted, and a 'go ahead' given for the second job?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
DanAugust2021:
Were you paid 3k for the 1st job?
we settled for the first one before the second job. The second job came two days later. after the first one
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2022
DanAugust2021:
Yes
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by Johnny147147: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2022
Folks have nice ways of promoting themselves this times.

Nice one Op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
DanAugust2021:
Yes

We settle in the First one Before he gave me the Second one 2 days after

And the criminal has refused to mention anything about it for a cover up

The one he posted here was the first one we have already settled with, Not the Last one he scammed me
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by DanAugust2021: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
we settled for the first one before the second job. The second job came two days later. after the first one

His write-up says, you went ahead to do the second job when he had not approved the first yet. You are saying, he approved the first and gave you a nod to go ahead with the second job right? Could any of you butress your statements with a few lines from your chat please.
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by BigYash: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2022
Johnny147147:

Nice one Op
If you know,you know grin You na wise badt guy.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
Yes

The one he posted here was the first one we have already settled with, Not the Last one he scammed me

Settle what, and with who?

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by diogo23: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
my brother dont mind the thieef, he haven't posted the very Design we are for, not this particular Business name.

I made him 2 Logo on 2 different Business names

The one he posted is the first one we had already settled. The guy is a criminals

The chat he posted has nothing to do with the word we are fighting for
Stop destroying your name and self with this your cheap lies
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by Wurld: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
Johnny147147:

Nice one Op
A comrade with understanding grin grin grin
@op God bless the hustle cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2022
It's even the rudeness for me, despite being the one making me lose.

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
Yes

1. We didn't settle the first one. Although I gave you the description, because of how you were messing up the first, I specifically told you to not bother going on with the second yet until we finalize the first. Meaning, you're supposed to get a go- ahead before you proceeded

2. You did nonsense for the first. I wouldn't use it for anything (if I do you can come back here to say I lied and I will pay)

3. Now the third thing is after proceeding with the second without my approval, instead of you to be remorseful when I reminded you of that, you threatening to go online and call me out if I don't just give you money for it anyway. Na like that? Na blackmail you wan use? Because I gave you 3k for the first one ( at will)? Have you even replied the message where someone asked you that?
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
DanAugust2021:
His write-up says, you went ahead to do the second job when he had not approved the first yet. You are saying, he approved the first and gave you a nod to go ahead with the second job right? Could any of you butress your statements with a few lines from your chat please.

I've posted that, pls scroll down
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheVictorious:

1. We didn't settle the first one. Although I gave you the description, because of how you were messing up the first, I specifically told you to not bother going on with the second yet until we finalize the first. Meaning, you're supposed to get a go- ahead before you proceeded

2. You did nonsense for the first. I wouldn't use it for anything (if I do you can come back here to say I lied and I will pay)

3. Now the third thing is after proceeding with the second without my approval, instead of you to be remorseful when I reminded you of that, you threatening to go online and call me out if I don't just give you money for it anyway. Na like that? Na blackmail you wan use? Because I gave you 3k for the first one ( at will)? Have you even replied the message where someone asked you that?

You didn't Accept the First One and you Requested for A PNG version which I sent you this Morning
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
My brother I reserve my comment for next step. Because creatures like deserve no pity
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:

You didn't Accept the First One and you Requested for A PNG version which I sent you this Morning

You keep trying to change the facts but i won't allow you.

After telling you what to do with the first, i resounded that you shouldn't proceed with the second yet. You replied noted, only to sens me you supposed "final version" of the first alongside the second.

Also is that your "PNG"?

(Image below)

Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheVictorious:

You keep trying to change the facts but i won't allow you.

After telling you what to do with the first, i resounded that you shouldn't proceed with the second yet. You replied noted, only to sens me you supposed "final version" of the first alongside the second.

Also is that your "PNG"?

(Image below)

1. If you wasn't Ready for it as you claimed, how come you are claiming you have given it to another person for less than 30 minutes delay in reply on the Correction

Just to prove how smart you are

2. How you never mention you wasn't Ready for it yet while you was requesting for the minor correction ?
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by TheVictorious(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:

1. If you wasn't Ready for it as you claimed, how come you are claiming you have given it to another person for less than 30 minutes delay in reply on the Correction

Just to prove how smart you are

2. How you never mention you wasn't Ready for it yet while you was requesting for the minor correction ?

Between 12:39 and 2.08 is "less than 30mins" every one can see through your lies.

And how is that even the point? Did I tell you to proceed with that?

I'm no more replying you, as I've said before go ahead and do whatever you want to do, and you'd see what I'd do I'm response.

I'm only here to reply concerned NLers reading this thread.
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by bamiede: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheVictorious:

Between 12:39 and 2.08 is "less than 30mins" every one can see through your lies.

And how is that even the point? Did I tell you to proceed with that?

I'm no more replying you, as I've said before go ahead and do whatever you want to do, and you'd see what I'd do I'm response.

I'm only here to reply concerned NLers reading this thread.
The Question is how Come the Rush fie a Logo you Claimed you wasn't Ready for

You think everyone is foolish like you

My dear I hope the Nairalander will let you know when your name will be mentioned somewhere. Because creatures deserves no form of pity
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by Franzinni: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2022
To the reporter.... Nah awoof Kee you so... Who in thier right mind would seek for a 2k logo to represent a brand? A whole brand that you aim to make multi millions from and you are making 2k logo. All the elements in those designs are straight from Google images . Haha I didn't even need to search, I just know .... It's your fault ... You wanted cheap and always remember .

If It's cheap, it's for a reason.

To the reportee.... Bro you need to understand that the way a client FEELS about you is more important than how they think about you.

You might have tried to stand your grounds and I get it... You felt the need to be right ... But in business, at least as much as I know, your highest goal is to make sure your client feels good about working with you, even if you reject work from them next time... Never leave a client with a bitter taste.

Find a way to make amends ... The logo won't take anything from you but you might just be loosing a client who you don't know how much LTV they can bring you.

Get on your knees and apologize ... Beg ... Do the logo free if you have to and stop letting your ego be in your way of progress. I can see op is a little one kind when it comes to his or her choice of words but regardless, that is your client and your client is KING! Remember.
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by esfu2kvgxaww: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2022
bamiede:
The Question is how Come the Rush fie a Logo you Claimed you wasn't Ready for

You think everyone is foolish like you

My dear I hope the Nairalander will let you know when your name will be mentioned somewhere. Because creatures deserves no form of pity
Oga shut up
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by Nemesis0147(m): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2022
Franzinni:
To the reporter.... Nah awoof Kee you so... Who in thier right mind would seek for a 2k logo to represent a brand? A whole brand that you aim to make multi millions from and you are making 2k logo. All the elements in those designs are straight from Google images . Haha I didn't even need to search, I just know .... It's your fault ... You wanted cheap and always remember .

If It's cheap, it's for a reason.

nonsense!!
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by Franzinni: 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2022
Nemesis0147:
nonsense!!
2k graphics designer spotted. Hahaha e touch am for liver hahahaha
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by adeprof18(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2022
TheVictotorious,
Like someone already said, thats what you get for a 2k logo designer. You got the worth of what you paid for

Bamiede,
There is no point trying to blackmail your client when they have not blocked you especially when they are still replying your messages and also when they have made a commitment (3k) before. They can still comeback with more jobs.
Also, attention to details is very key. Read instructions well before you start any job.

I think our mod can say something about this.
Cc: erad
Re: My Experience With Nairaland Logo Designer BAMIEDE by erad(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2022
adeprof18:
TheVictotorious,
Like someone already said, thats what you get for a 2k logo designer. You got the worth of what you paid for

Bamiede,
There is no point trying to blackmail your client when they have not blocked you especially when they are still replying your messages and also when they have made a commitment (3k) before. They can still comeback with more jobs.
Also, attention to details is very key. Read instructions well before you start any job.

I think our mod can say something about this.
Cc: erad

Bro, you've said it all.

To the designer...
Why are you so defensive?
Did you guys have a contract?
A client rushing you for a logo he claims not to be ready for just shows he's not trying to waste your time.
Maybe I should screenshot my whatsapp chat so you see clients that claim to be ready for designs using weeks to respond even after the design has been approved.
That's what happens when there's no written contract/agreement.
Besides, why will someone who paid you 3k for a 2k job that you're yet to conclude on want to scam you? That makes no sense.
Whatever negative actions you take regarding his company moving forward, be ready for the consequences. No one has monopoly of vawulence. The fact that you're so quick to threaten his company's reputation shows how much regards you have for yours.

To the client...
I think you've realized your mistake already,
do what you must to guide your business name and integrity legally.
Also, ensure to ask a designer's terms before engaging them and state your own terms as well so you guys will be on the same page.
Never discuss details of future jobs until you're ready.. He's not your friend or brother, you guys are doing business.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather's Daughter Bags Six-year Probation For Stabbing Woman / FCMB Is The Most Useless Bank And They Are Scammers / Hushpuppi Is Not A Scammer...he is just a pawn used by the big scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.