Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,424 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

“i’m A Mythologist” – Wole Soyinka Opens Up On Religion - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “i’m A Mythologist” – Wole Soyinka Opens Up On Religion (311 Views)

Rachel Bakam With Ooni Of Ife And Wole Soyinka At The Palace / Bobrisky Apologises To MC Galaxy: "He Gave Me Money Tonight, Knows I’m A Girl" / Mayorkun, LAX And Professor Wole Soyinka Jet Out To Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“i’m A Mythologist” – Wole Soyinka Opens Up On Religion by Xmalcolmprince: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2022
The Nobel Prize-winning author, Wole Soyinka has stated that he does not require a religion and does not worship any gods, stating that he does not practice any religion and is not a follower of any religion, including Christianity, Islam, or Orisa.

Soyinka disclosed this on Sunday during a public presentation of his two-volume collection of essays, saying he found nothing wrong with using mythologies as part and parcel of his creative warehouse.

He also said that he is a mythologist and believes that people have a right to create myths around themselves based on their experiences.

Read more at�
https://www.premiumnews.com.ng/2022/11/im-mythologist-wole-soyinka-opens-up-on.html

(1) (Reply)

A Humble Appeal For Help From People Living At Ayinla Street, Iju- Ishaga Bus S / 50 Cent Trolls Megan The Stallion / Burna Boy Shocks Fans With An Outstanding Stage Performance In Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.