Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You (748 Views)

My Church Choir Member Was Robbed! Girls, Be Careful Who You Do Business With / Lady Exposes Guy Using Her Photos To Dupe Unsuspecting Victims / Scammers Using Senators Ifeanyi Araraume & Samdaddy Anyanwu To Dupe On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2022
You'll should be careful who you do business with.
Everyone is paranoid and wants to dupe you regardless of your status.

This is a story of how my 43inches LG Led TV cost me more than I bargained and what transpired btw me and the watery street dubious engineer.

I have not been able to use my TV at home for weeks because it doesn't display but can hear sounds coming out when it's been switched on. I have a laptop I use for my daily activities, why should I refix the TV I said to myself and I barely have visitors unless my fiancee that comes around on weekends.

Well, I finally decided to fix it because homes get bored atimes and i miss some TV series and music videos. I Sourced around for a TV repairer, got one, then I went home to bring the TV for him to repair. He checked the components, what got spoilt was the "white source" of the TV, so he said. He pointed but me I no kuku sabi. He billed me 25k, negotiated to 23k. Didn't want to go below bcs I felt the work done should correlate to the amnt paid.

He told me to come back for in 3days time. 3days came, I called him He said on fixing the white source, he discovered something else got spoilt which another engineer will have to fix that he took it to the engineer already. Okay, how long will it take? I asked. As long as he's able to get a replacement for it, he said.

Days went, weeks passed, total of 3weeks, ee never get wetin spoil buy. I called him yesterday tear for ourselves ontop phone, felt he was trying to play me, told him to to couple the TV that I'm coming back for it if he doesn't get it fixed till today's evening 22nd of Nov.

Never knew he has a game plan for me...
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Candidlady: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2022
sad

So with all this long talk you still gonna pay him the 10 thou' undecided

Ibet that TV won't even last a month before it develops another fault.

Mechanics are worst. They'd fix one thing and set a "damage timer" on another thing in your vehicle
Wicked people

2 Likes

Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2022
Meanwhile
When I called to exchanged words as to why my work is being delayed. I told him if he would return the TV without getting it fixed, he should make sure those he gave it to didn't tamper with other component, because why I go give you TV and you go carry am go give another senior man. You no sabi work be that and you dey claim say na 2012 you do freedom.

So back to the matter, he called me this evening that my TV is ready but i will pay extra 10k. Ehn 10 what, you dey whine, you follow me talk that one before? He said something else was fixed along that he felt it was unnecessary to Inform me since I already took up the matter to the police station, stating that a police man from a divisional headquarter called to question him about my TV. Me, policeman? This man dey whine me mi. I don't know any police officer neither did I report the TV issue to a police station. Afterall it was a TV and It wasn't like you stole it. He said I should come with extra 10k. I told him as a professional he claimed to be, if prices of things changed after bargaining you let the owner of the produt know and not run it with your money hoping he will pay. What if he doesn't have, what if he emptied his pocket to refix the TV. He shouldn't just tell me that.

He asked me why I reported the case to a police station and why will he be called for questioning stating that soneone called him, introduced himself as an officer of law, gave the station he operated from, told him the amnt I deposited and the type of TV I brought for repairer also concluded by telling him nothing must happen to the TV that he heard the engineer took it to someone else to fix it.

Which I never discussed anything pertaining to the TV with anyone expect my finance. Who wouldn't do such without telling me. Its just a TV, why should I take such irritating step.

All these was just so he could have me pay an additional 10k. Man could have just asked me politely and tell me he's on a loosing end having to take it to another engineer. The logistics cost and other unnecessary cost. Why did he go that length bringing a police into it.

Okay I asked him, let me have your phone, show me that said number that called you...
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by coputa(m): 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2022
In any transactions with a Nigerian,be watchful because if you didn't cheat in the business transaction just know you have been ripped off,Nigerians are not sincere people, that's the reason we have insincere leaders too,when two Nigerians are carrying out any business deal, they always smile at each other, because they never tell themselves the truth,to crown it all, Nigeria is adjuged as the most religious country on the world.

2 Likes

Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
I collected the number, called the said officer after asking him why about the TV he said I should call him back that he's on bike, I called so tey, the idiot didn't pick up.

I checked the engineers call log, he dialed the number around 1pm yesterday, while my call came in around 2pm yesterday. He had to frame up that the officers call came in after mine, lol.

Meaning he has been In contact with he ghost officer even before I called him. Una dey see life soo.
I just kept quiet, stood my ground that I never contacted any officer that its just a TV. He said I'm paying extra 10k. Na him come still bring am down to 5k when its almost getting dark.

I said I will pay him Tomorrow because mouth dan dey pain me, we dragged it for almost 2hrs even passerby Contributed, I didn't knwo anyone of them, so they all had to support him as per say he be their person.

So tomorrow I go go test run my TV and bring it back home. But what hurts me was that he had to go that length to have me pay extra amount. He brushed my ethics and framed me for something I know nothing about. He should have just told me he's on the loosing side or make I add something join for am. I had to call an uncle who has this fierce look, he drove down to intervene because It was me in the midst of 5Men.

People are just dubious for no reason, they don't care about you, it's all about them and their survival mode.

3 Likes

Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
coputa:
In any transactions with a Nigerian,be watchful because if you didn't cheat in the business transaction just know you have been ripped off,Nigerians are not sincere people, that's the reason we have insincere leaders too,when two Nigerians are carrying out any business deal, they always smile at each other, because they never tell themselves the truth,to crown it all, Nigeria is adjuged as the most religious country on the world.
Bro, I still dey vex.
But make I reach tomorrow see wetin ee do.
I wan even put the TV up for sale at cheaper rate because it will never remain the same again.

Naija do me this one!
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

So with all this long talk you still gonna pay him the 10 thou' undecided

Ibet that TV won't even last a month before it develops another fault.

Mechanics are worst. They'd fix one thing and set a "damage timer" on another thing in your vehicle
Wicked people
He himself reduced it to 5k stating that
Na money whey we dey use buy drinks, make ee just do am for me like that.
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Candidlady: 11:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
pheelhip:

He himself reduced it to 5k stating that
Na money whey we dey use buy drinks, make ee just do am for me like that.

Yeah right

But deep down you know your are the dumbo ba?

He'd be laughing with that so called fake policeman you rang on how they played you..
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Yeah right

But deep down you know your are the dumbo ba?

He'd be laughing with that so called fake policeman you rang on how they played you..
I'm not.
He wouldn't laugh because he was bursted but I just have to give him.
Some of us no just like wahala
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Candidlady: 11:26pm On Nov 22, 2022
pheelhip:

I'm not.
He wouldn't laugh because he was bursted but I just have to give him.
Some of us no just like wahala

Now let say your woman gives her car to a mechanic to fix and they already negotiated price.

Only for the mechanic to tell her she need to add extra money for something he changed without even informing her

As per you been/being her man she calls you to intervene

You'd pay the mechanic the extra money cos "SOME OF US NO JUST LIKE WAHALA" ?
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2022
Candidlady:

Now let say your woman gives her car to a mechanic to fix and they already negotiated price.

Only for the mechanic to tell her she need to add extra money for something he changed without even informing her

As per you been/being her man she calls you to intervene

You'd pay the mechanic the extra money cos "SOME OF US NO JUST LIKE WAHALA" ?
Not in an event like this.
And not when the amount involved can't be parted away with but you need to let them knwo their wrong doings.

You don't have to reply to this again though.
Thanks.
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 23, 2022
undecided
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Parachoko: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2022
pheelhip:

Not in an event like this.
And not when the amount involved can't be parted away with but you need to let them knwo their wrong doings.

You don't have to reply to this again though.
Thanks.
Next time, let him com n check what's wrong with the TV in your house, let him tell you what he will buy in fixing the TV, you will with buy the stuff or he will buy it and com n fix it in your house, no let anybody carry your tv go next time.

If e no gree, search for someone else, you go eventually see who will agree to fix it at your home.

I don learn my lesson a long time ago, a tv repair made my Samsung LCD TV screen fell down and broke at his workshop angry

We split the bills for the screen between each other, he contributed 70%, while I contributed 30%.

Pay him and take your tv from him so far the TV don dey work. You no need to start fighting and shouting because of 5k.

1 Like

Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Next time, let him com n check what's wrong with the TV in your house, let him tell you what he will buy in fixing the TV, you will with buy the stuff or he will buy it and com n fix it in your house, no let anybody carry your tv go next time.

If e no gree, search for someone else, you go eventually see who will agree to fix it at your home.

I don learn my lesson a long time ago, a tv repair made my Samsung LCD TV screen fell down and broke at his workshop angry

We split the bills for the screen between each other, he contributed 70%, while I contributed 30%.

Pay him and take your tv from him so far the TV don dey work. You no need to start fighting and shouting because of 5k.

Yes, I already decide to pay him and have the TV but I don't think any of them will decide to come fix any electronics that is movable in your home. Except for refrigerator or other appliance, not one like a TV.
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Parachoko: 7:44am On Nov 23, 2022
pheelhip:

Yes, I already decide to pay him and have the TV but I don't think any of them will decide to come fix any electronics that is movable in your home. Except for refrigerator or other appliance, not one like a TV.

Why do you think so? Maybe location matters sha

Nah for my house dem dey repair the tv till I sell am, anyone wey no gree, I go search for someone else.

E pay me make I sell my tv dan to let any repairer carry am go repair. You must do am for my eyes.
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2022
Parachoko:
Why do you think so? Maybe location matters sha

Nah for my house dem dey repair the tv till I sell am, anyone wey no gree, I go search for someone else.

E pay me make I sell my tv dan to let any repairer carry am go repair. You must do am for my eyes.
grin grin
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by Alkalex: 9:17am On Nov 23, 2022
Good Morning everyone,
Sorry for disrupting your conversations, I have a little problem I'm facing RN and idk maybe someone could be off help.
I'm a grill cook, I sell BBQ chicken and chips and stuffs, yesterday a girl came to my shop and ordered chicken worth 6500, she said she sent me the money but I still haven't received it, I've been trying to reach since yday but its not going through, only one check mark on WhatsApp and her line is always busy, please does anybody have an idea of me reaching her because whenever I try using other numbers to call her she doesn't pick
Re: You'll Should Be Careful Who You Do Business With., Everyone Wants To Dupe You by pheelhip(m): 11:45am On Nov 23, 2022
Alkalex:
Good Morning everyone,
Sorry for disrupting your conversations, I have a little problem I'm facing RN and idk maybe someone could be off help.
I'm a grill cook, I sell BBQ chicken and chips and stuffs, yesterday a girl came to my shop and ordered chicken worth 6500, she said she sent me the money but I still haven't received it, I've been trying to reach since yday but its not going through, only one check mark on WhatsApp and her line is always busy, please does anybody have an idea of me reaching her because whenever I try using other numbers to call her she doesn't pick

Whao!
That's a sad experience
I have no idea on how she can be reached. You can leave her a text or hope you come across her someday.

Sorry about that.

(1) (Reply)

Help!! / Student Physically Attacks Teacher In Front Of Her Entire Class (video) / How Mother Of Popular Ondo Yahoo Ritu@list Who Was Be@ten To De@th After Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.