Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? (7275 Views)

ObIdients & Tinubu Supporters, What Do You Learn From Datti & Sanwo-Olu Picture? / Tinubu Promises To Recharge Lake Chad If Elected President / Tinubu: I Will Recharge Lake Chad, Continue Exploration Works In Frontier Basins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by mubarak89(m): 5:02am On Nov 23, 2022
Dear Tinubu supporters please this is a sincere question. Help me understand:

What the APC presidential candidate meant by this statement:
"I will recharge lake chad"?

**Modified**
Thanks to those that have taken the time to explain. And to the ones who couldn't explain but throw insults while asking why I didn't use Google, this is for you:

As hard as you may find it to believe, the results Google pops out from your search can be a perception or a vision of a particular content generator. Therefore, the answers you get from Google don't have to be always from experts or authentic sources.

Also, I knew what it means to recharge (or restore) something. I simply wanted to know how it can be applied to lake chad. For example, will we fetch water from the atlantic ocean and pour into the lake chad? WIll we lay pipes from another water body to the lake chad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:04am On Nov 23, 2022
I think the word he wanted to use is "restore" which will be a tall order anyway.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Naira20: 5:12am On Nov 23, 2022
I guess he wasn't with his script.
Or maybe he was talking about the recharge cards he intends to distribute in the north.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by toneroforever(m): 5:19am On Nov 23, 2022
But Tinubu is 100% correct on this nah..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by aylive02(m): 5:23am On Nov 23, 2022
toneroforever:
. He's only asking what it means. Period!

20 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by greatiyk4u(m): 5:25am On Nov 23, 2022
You can recharge a lake but I am sure Tinubu was just reading a script he knows nothing about.

You can't support recharging a lake and talk about climate change the way he did, it is contradictory

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Felimax(m): 5:27am On Nov 23, 2022
toneroforever:

Just tell us what he meant? Simple question all of una dey avoid the thread.

Our darling daddy! It is so funny when you guys talk with spit dripping.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by chrisxxx(m): 5:28am On Nov 23, 2022
Tinubu plans to lay water pipe from the Atlantic to fill up lake Chad. Tall order.

3 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 23, 2022
APCPDP
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Obidient4life2: 5:45am On Nov 23, 2022
mubarak89:

It's actually correct. To add water to the lake.

5 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Simplythebest: 5:48am On Nov 23, 2022
Honestly anyone who tells u that Obi candidate is for Igbos alone pls overlook that person cua the person is still leaving in the past or not honest with herself. Obi is a national asset and everyone wanna experience good leadership through him. People are tired of suffering.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by toneroforever(m): 6:00am On Nov 23, 2022
Felimax:

Just tell us what he meant? Simple question all of una dey avoid the thread.

Our darling daddy! It is so funny when you guys talk with spit dripping.

FYI I'm an OBIdient. But despite having different political views, it's appropriate we learn from each other when having conversations on this platform.

Recharging a water body,in this case the Lake Chad entails pumping/channeling an adequate volume of water from another source (rainwater,river etc) to increase the water levels of the lake which has been drying up in the past years. It's necessary the government addresses this environmental challenge because of the importance of the Lake Chad to the people of the countries that border it.
The lake is receding & I hope the government,most likely the incoming one will help solve it

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by muykem: 6:04am On Nov 23, 2022
Recharge means restore power. In this context, he means he will vigorously pursue oil exploration along lake Chad as Buhari earlier did.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by stonemasonn: 6:16am On Nov 23, 2022
SMH.
Una even open thread for this matter.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 6:18am On Nov 23, 2022
To recharge lake chad means to add yo level of water in the lake as it is said to be shrinking for the last 100 or so years die to climate conditions, this is in effect leading to less employment and engagement opportunities for around 30m people whose livelihoods is from the lake.

Inter basin transfer is one way that can done to recharge the lake; moving water across countries from another huge body of water to lake chad.

It appears Tinubu doesn't know what he is speaking about, this is not something that can done in 8 years, it may take decades and tens of billions of dollars.

Baba just want to sell himself to the north, promising heaven and earth not even fully grasping what he is saying; the height of desperation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Aufbauh(m): 6:20am On Nov 23, 2022
And the 'olodo' people still show up here.

Groundwater recharge is a technique by which infiltrated water passes through the unsaturated region of groundwater and joins the water table.

However this deep technical idea cannot be comprehended by supporters of a mere third class trader.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Difrent: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom:
To
It appears Tinubu doesn't know what he is speaking about, this is not something that can done in 8 years, it may take decades and tens of billions of dollars.

Baba just want to sell himself to the north, promising heaven and earth not even fully grasping what he is saying; the height of desperation.

You are wrong
It's a project that has been in the works for years.... buhari has talked about it too in the past and feasibility study has been done. It will involve other countries too..... Yes its an ambitious project but doable especially since groundwork has been done

12 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by CodeTemplar: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2022
mubarak89:

The supporters can't know this. Don't let politics of hatred blond you.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by JASONjnr(m): 6:36am On Nov 23, 2022
toneroforever:

You didn't answer the question...

What does it mean to recharge a lake Chad?

Since you live in Tinubu's head, tell us what he's 100% right about....
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by LadyExcellency: 6:42am On Nov 23, 2022
Aufbauh:

Groundwater recharge is a technique by which infiltrated water passes through the unsaturated region of groundwater and joins the water table.

However this deep technical idea cannot be comprehended by supporters of a mere third class trader.

This is a typical Agbaroic understanding in the opposite.

You mean the lake will leak further to recharge farm lands and soils around the territory. It has nothing to do with restoration of the lake waters.

Stop confusing yourself.

Natural recharge occur as surface-water leakage from rivers, streams, lakes, and wetlands......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by JASONjnr(m): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2022
toneroforever:

FYI I'm an OBIdient. But despite having different political views, it's appropriate we learn from each other when having conversations on this platform.

Recharging a water body,in this case the Lake Chad entails pumping/channeling an adequate volume of water from another source (rainwater,river etc) to increase the water levels of the lake which has been drying up in the past years. It's necessary the government addresses this environmental challenge because of the importance of the Lake Chad to the people of the countries that border it.
The lake is receding & I hope the government,most likely the incoming one will help solve it

This will never be possible....

The Nigerian army was driven out of Chad...the Nigerien army and the bordering militaries are in charge of the lake.....

Tinubu is only saying things he cannot do.... Trying to claim the territory will likely cause a fight between the countries in love.

1 Like

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Aufbauh(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2022
LadyExcellency:

This is a typical Agbaroic understanding in the opposite.

You mean the lake will leak further to recharge farm lands and soils around the territory. It has nothing to do with restoration of the lake waters.

Stop confusing yourself.

Natural recharge occur as surface-water leakage from rivers, streams, lakes, and wetlands......

Haba Okoro! Is it how dull you are?
The definition I put out was actually from the Google search and you're so indolent not to notice.

Kai! Indeed Obi's supporters are headless mob that cannot reason according to Soludo.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by toneroforever(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2022
JASONjnr:

You didn't answer the question...

What does it mean to recharge a lake Chad?

Since you live in Tinubu's head, tell us what he's 100% right about....

What I meant when I said Tinubu was correct was in relation to the grammatic use of the term "recharge". It means pumping or channeling water to the drying Lake Chad.
People were questioning if that was the right word to use & I said yes. They taught it was grammatically wrong. It's a technical term that applies in this situation.
Whether he will actually do that or not, I don't know.

9 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Ritchiee: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2022
mubarak89:

Oh my!
Shey na nightschool you go?
It is to give it more vitality through artificial means if only you understand this too..

5 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Ritchiee: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2022
Aufbauh:

lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2022
Difrent:

You are wrong
It's a project that has been in the works for years.... buhari has talked about it too in the past and feasibility study has been done. It will involve other countries too..... Yes its an ambitious project but doable especially since groundwork has been done

Feasibility studies still ongoing, no buy-in yet from countries involved and the elephant in the room, a cost of $50b, where do we get that?

This is another ambitious project especially for the north, but tell us how you will do it. Don't just tell us that you will bring the sky down, what's the way, what's the plan, how do you attract funding?

You need our votes, no come take us for fools.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by JASONjnr(m): 7:16am On Nov 23, 2022
toneroforever:

What I meant when I said Tinubu was correct was in relation to the grammatic use of the term "recharge". It means pumping or channeling water to the drying Lake Chad.
People were questioning if that was the right word to use & I said yes. They taught it was grammatically wrong. It's a technical term that applies in this situation.
Whether he will actually do that or not, I don't know.

It won't be possible.....

He's only promising these northerners what he knows he can't do....

If it was possible, Buhari would've been the first to do that. With his relationship with Niger.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:18am On Nov 23, 2022
JASONjnr:

This will never be possible....

The Nigerian army was driven out of Chad...the Nigerien army and the bordering militaries are in charge of the lake.....

Tinubu is only saying things he cannot do.... Trying to claim the territory will likely cause a fight between the countries in love.

The military is actively on top of situation around lake chad, infact, Chad and Niger seem to be having more problems around their own side of the lake than Nigeria.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2022
JASONjnr:

It won't be possible.....

He's only promising these northerners what he knows he can't do....

If it was possible, Buhari would've been the first to do that. With his relationship with Niger.

This project has nothing to do with Niger and yes, Buhari set it in motion. Its very possible but I won't lose sleep over a promise from a man that does not what he is talking about.
Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by LadyExcellency: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2022
Aufbauh:

Haba Okoro! Is it how dull you are?
The definition I put out was actually from the Google search and you're so indolent not to notice.

Kai! Indeed Obi's supporters are headless mob that cannot reason according to Soludo.

I put it to you that what you copied was opposite of what you intended.

Your post was on natural depiction of the Lake Chad instead of the restoration.

Next time understand a subject before doing copy and paste in defense of your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by lanryoung: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2022
Recharging lake Chad also means to revive it, stop embarrassing those that sent you to school with their hard earn money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunibu Supporters: What Does It Mean To "Recharge Lake Chad"? by ThothHermes: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2022
lanryoung:
Recharging lake Chad also means to revive it, stop embarrassing those that sent you to school with there hard ear money
Okay what is Balabu then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Africans Contributed To World Civilization Over The Course Of History? / BREAKING NEWS: Nuhu Ribadu Joins PDP / NEMA Welcomes Baby In Malkohi IDP Camp, Yola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.