Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) (26560 Views)

How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video) / Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by merits(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Zonefree, Okro soup is served.
Hope I didn't take too long.
What will you be eating this with?
With bread.
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by IranianSea: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This is a simple Okro soup recipe with all the easy to follow steps included.
Okro is a very healthy vegetable, and this cook with me video gives all the details on how to cook the Nigerian Okro soup in a special and healthy way.

Ingredients:

Okro/Okra
Beef
Tripe (Shaki)
Kpomo (Cow skin)
Smoked Mackerel (Titus Fish)
Uziza leaves
Palm oil
Peppers ( Shombo)
Yellow scent pepper
Onions
Blended crayfish
Iru (optional)
Smoked Shrimps
Seasoning cubes
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnzgxsP4Kb4

STEPS:
Its important to prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. That way, it is easier and your food turns out better.
Season the meat with onions, seasoning cubes and salt and start cooking.
When the meat boils, add in water and cook till tender.
Wash and slice the Okro and Uziza leaves.
Blend the peppers roughly or as you wish.
Add in palm oil in a pot on heat, add in chopped onions and stir fry for a minute.
Add in Iru and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add in blended crayfish and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add in the blended peppers and stir fry all for 5 minutes.
Add in seasoning and salt, don't add too much oooooo.
Bring in the cooked meat with its broth.
Add in the washed and deboned smoked Titus fish.
Add in the smoked shrimps.
Taste for the seasoning and salt and adjust if need be.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the sliced Okro and Uziza leaves at once.
Stir and add in some more blended crayfish for extra flavour.
Cover to cook for 2 minutes max.
Take it out the heat.
Serve and enjoy with any swallow of your choice.

See better girl. Where were your type when I was looking for woman to marry?
This better soup, good s$x and beautiful kids and I will be the happiest man on earth.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by T0BY(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Delicious. My love for okro soup knows no bounds. Expecially okro and pumpkin (ugwu) Good combo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Richy4(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
It makes perfect sense smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Eh eh eh wahala for who know sabi cook well well, this's my favourite soup wey i bin cook yesterday

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118774741:
From the Kitchen of Dem [/b] with love.

[b]Gloryhomemaker

Thanks for the inspiration Sis kiss

Ol' man see soup oooo

Una wan kill person with long throat ni?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118774741:

[b]Gloryhomemaker

You sabi...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by TheWolfen(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2022
Better wife.
Nice one. cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by abobote: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
I hear say okro soup de kill preek, na true?
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by SeunNotOwner: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
I will be interested in
How To Cook Correct Bidgetted Okro Soup In Full Details
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by emmabest2000(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Zonefree, Okro soup is served.
Hope I didn't take too long.
What will you be eating this with?

This one na Ofe mmanu biko grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by TYCO77: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
gloryhomemaker:
Okro is a very healthy vegetable, and this cook with me video gives all the details on how to cook the Nigerian Okro soup in a special and healthy way.

Ingredients:

Okro/Okra
Beef
Tripe (Shaki)
Kpomo (Cow skin)
Uziza leaves
Palm oil
Peppers ( Shombo)
Yellow scent pepper
Onions
Blended crayfish
Iru (optional)
Smoked Shrimps
Seasoning cubes
Salt

STEPS:
Its important to prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. That way, it is easier and your food turns out better.
Blend the peppers roughly or as you wish.
Add in palm oil in a pot on heat, add in chopped onions and stir fry for a minute.
Add in Iru and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add in blended crayfish and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add in the blended peppers and stir fry all for 5 minutes.
Add in seasoning and salt, don't add too much oooooo.
Bring in the cooked meat with its broth.
Add in the washed and deboned smoked Titus fish.
Add in the smoked shrimps.
Taste for the seasoning and salt and adjust if need be.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the sliced Okro and Uziza leaves at once.
Stir and add in some more blended crayfish for extra flavour.
Cover to cook for 2 minutes max.
Take it out the heat.
Serve and enjoy with any swallow of your choice.

I think after adding the sliced okra and oziza, one do not need to cover the pot in these the okra go draw wella.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Tonytonex(m): 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Okro/Okra
Beef
Tripe (Shaki)
Kpomo (Cow skin)
Uziza leaves
Palm oil
Peppers ( Shombo)
Yellow scent pepper
Onions
Blended crayfish
Iru (optional)
Smoked Shrimps
Seasoning cubes
Salt

STEPS:

only that Uziza leave makes wanna eat this soup. Can't remember when last I ate Okro soup with Oziza. The aroma and the taste is something else. kiss

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Nobleou(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2022
If only u kw what people are passing through, u won't be posting all these mouth watering food here....

You are making me uncomfortable. Stop it

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Antoeni(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
only South East & South South Cooks Okra Like This, Yoruba Pattern na Complete ERROR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Aareakinwunmi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
How long can okra soup last

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118774741:

[b]Gloryhomemaker

Your food looks so so good and delicious.

Na God o

Lol cheesy,
We will invite you over the next time Sir Lesta.

Abeg invite us ooo haba!! See soup oooooo smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by jelel6: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2022
Anytime I visit nairaland food section, I get depressed. embarassed

Levels dey to this cooking oh.
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
No hand beat my okro soup... Finger licking delicacy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2022
Solofresh2:
Have been following you for some times now and I can see you are indeed a great cook.You are doing well

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118774741:

[b]Gloryhomemaker

Your food looks so so good and delicious.

Na God o

Lol cheesy,
We will invite you over the next time Sir Lesta.

Thank you so much . I appreciate your kind words.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
abobote:
I hear say okro soup de kill preek, na true?

I think that's a myth.
And what one believes happen to him grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you so much . I appreciate your kind words.
You are always welcome sis.
Keep up the good work you are doing.
Again,
You are an inspiration kiss
Keep inspiring us wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

I think that's a myth.
And what one believes happen to him grin
Gbam!
U don talk am finish grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
How long can okra soup last

I think Okro should be eaten at once or stored in a working fridge not freezer for a short period of time.
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
jelel6:
Anytime I visit nairaland food section, I get depressed. embarassed

Levels dey to this cooking oh.

Depressed? Food gets you depressed?
Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

I think after adding the sliced okra and oziza, one do not need to cover the pot in these the okra go draw wella.

Nice observation.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
post=118777790:

Gbam!
U don talk am finish grin cheesy grin

Okro that is full of delicious goodness.
My father, brothers, husband all eat Okro soup and they are all good.

I heard this myth in my adult life here on Nairaland. If people know the health benefits of Okro, am not sure they will be depriving themselves of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Okro that is full of delicious goodness.
My father, brothers, husband all eat Okro soup and they are all good.

I heard this myth in my adult life here on Nairaland. If people know the health benefits of Okro, am not sure they will be depriving themselves of it.
You are 100% right about that.
We wonder where people get some fabu (myths) from.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by jelel6: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Depressed? Food gets you depressed?

No, not in that (serious) way smiley. I love good and TASTY food, in fact wink

I just they envy una culinary skills, and wondering whether I fit sabi reach those levels. cry

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Allisgud: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
a wife who will be giving me this steady go dey collect steady backing,after washing it with small stout

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Correct Okro Soup In Full Details (Photos, Video) by Allisgud: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
Allisgud:
a wife who will be giving me this steady go dey collect steady knacking,after washing it with small stout

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food To Avoid On A First Date / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800 / Fufu Is Life. Afang And Fufu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.