Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. (1518 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / "I Hope That Even My Worst Critics Remain On Twitter" - Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by thesolutions(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
Most Nigerians like myself were expecting a redesign of the Naira notes for 200, 500 and 1000 denominations but ended up seeing same notes design but in different print colour.

I understand the concept behind the change of mint colour for the denominations but for how long is this going to go on. I mean changing print colour. It means we are going to have to go back to the old colour one day and it becomes confusing to differentiate between new mint and expired currency notes.

On the comic side, I hope it is not an attempt to devalue the currency further by gradual phasing out of the 10, 20, and fifty Naira notes that has same print colour with the new notes.

Just asking.

1 Like

Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by ArcFresky(m): 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
thesolutions:
Most Nigerians like myself were expecting a redesign of the Naira notes for 200, 500 and 1000 denominations but end up seeing same notes design but in different print colour.

I understand the concept behind the change of mint colour for the denominations but for how long is this going to go on. I mean changing print colour. It mans we are going to have to go back to the old colour one day and it becomes confusing to differentiate between new mint and expired currency notes.

On the comic side, I hope it is not an attempt to dvalue the curency further by gradual phasing out of the 10, 20, and fifty Naira notes that has same print colour with the new notes.

Just asking.

do you realise the changes is just to make sure people who embezzled are caught?

6 Likes

Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by Opinedecandid(m): 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nothing is impossible.
What Nigerians cannot do does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by VeryWickedGoat: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
ArcFresky:

do you realise the changes is just to make sure people who embezzled are caught?

Emefiele's PA has spoken.

2 Likes

Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by thesolutions(m): 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
ArcFresky:

I know far more than you think I know about this redesign. I originated it. Thank you.

But This is still Nigeria.
Politicians and criminals do not go to the bank. It only takes a call and their transactions are settled.
If they have stock piles of old Naira notes, all they still need to do is make a call and the new mints are cleared from their banks vaults to their abode in exchange for the old mint, of course, after some tip had been passed around. I reason all the chances their is and I can tell you that Naira scarcity is going to be experienced very soon . There is going to be panics about the volume of these notes made available and a new season of stockpiling of these notes are about to commence. It is not prophesy. It is what the psyche of Nigerians are programmed to live by.

This is Nigeria. Every one is selfish.
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by Prometheus666: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
The colours of notes does not stop you from being poor, so why worry.
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by Holybaddo: 1:34am On Nov 24, 2022
My own is that they should remove those Arab rubbish

Lastly Naira should be at a reasonable rate
So electronics price will fall
Make person enjoy Xmas
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by thesolutions(m): 4:35am On Nov 24, 2022
Prometheus666:
The colours of notes does not stop you from being poor, so why worry.
You can't be wrong. Those whose daily transactions are in 50s and 20s of the denomination of our currency are not worthy to live. You can not be wrong.
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by wiseone28: 7:00am On Nov 24, 2022
thesolutions:

I know far more than you think I know about this redesign. I originated it. Thank you.

But This is still Nigeria.
Politicians and criminals do not go to the bank. It only takes a call and their transactions are settled.
If they have stock piles of old Naira notes, all they still need to do is make a call and the new mints are cleared from their banks vaults to their abode in exchange for the old mint, of course, after some tip had been passed around. I reason all the chances their is and I can tell you that Naira scarcity is going to be experienced very soon . Their is going to be panics to the volume of these notes available and a new season of stockpiling of the note is going to commence. It is not prophesy. It is what the psyche of Nigerians are programmed to live by.

This is Nigeria. Every one is selfish.
There is going....

Not. Their is going..
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by Prometheus666: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2022
thesolutions:

You can't be wrong. Those whose daily transactions are in 50s and 20s of the denomination of our currency are not worthy to live. You can not be wrong.

Never wrong, they can live but should stop complaining about everything
Re: I Hope This Is Not The Plan About The New Naira Notes. by thesolutions(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2022
wiseone28:
There is going....

Not. Their is going..
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-oceanic Bank Md, Cecelia Ibru, Jailed / Start a Perfume And Cosmetic Business With Low Start Up Capital / Please Can Someone Recomend Where I Can Buy Exotic Pig Breed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.