Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill (22221 Views)

Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies / Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by id4sho(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
sad
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Felabrity: 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
APC Scamm

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by FalseProphet1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nigerian students would borrow this money and not pay back.

This I have seen.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by RexTramadol1: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
nairadatti:
How will they repay the loan ,I just want to know

How they will repay is actually in the write up.

They will keep their records till they start working, they pay back once they graduate and start a job.

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Qardinalcaptain: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
God punish election..old tactics
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by P1PrinceKT(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hidewell:
How will they pay back the loan with the high unemployment rate in the country? I'm curious to know.
at least they educate themselves.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by angelfallz(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
I hope it is not the type loans that American students are burdened with.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by PStacks(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nigeria would train students that would Japa.

Training we no see impact for the economy.

Refund loan, Dem don Japa

Wahala be like bicycle
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by drakeli: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

We don't know yet...but i guess it would be like the USA...payment starts when you graduate...and a bit of yer salary is taken over two decades or more to pay back the loan.
Job is guaranteed after graduation in the US. Whether you work in your field or not. One thing is certain, job is guaranteed. So how will a student still jobless after five years of graduation in Nigeria be able to pay back the loan? Another program bound to be bankrupt and fail. If the government wants to give handouts to students, let it come out straight and say it’s student grants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by LagosIsForIgbos: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nice one from the incompetent President Buhari!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by richeeyo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Manny21:
Why do I have this premonition that only children of the rich and powerful will get this loan? Losing faith in this system is so easy.
Guy you fall my hand

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Johndevmark: 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
how are they going to pay back sef. Even those that schooled with their own money are unemployed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Okoroawusa: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
The incoming president Bola Ahmed Tinubu has already outlined Student loan as one of the things he is going pursue when he is sworn in come May 29th 2023...

Up APC ...

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by PointZerom: 1:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
JoshTim:
Another sleepless night for IPOB. They prey on Nigeria's misfortune to sell their underperformed candidate

Expect more kangaroo bills to be passed just to deveive people like you to forget all the APC induced sufferings and vote them back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Prometheus666: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Buhari needs to sign this into Law, and Obi needs to fully implement this since we have verification system in place. Monies should be transmitted directly to school treasury.

This can be great.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by gracealonev: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Some overnight billionaires loading come 2023.

.......>>>>>>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by CheapHomes1: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

Forget the how 1st and appreciate the present. Even for so called abroad, jobs aren't guaranteed. Na still competition. So which is better, not being able to go to school because of no funds or going with interest free loan to be paid later?

Why should he forget how the loans will be repaid? If the loans aren't reoaid because of unemployment, how will the bank survive? Where will it get more money to give out as loans?

How is competition for jobs abroad mean the same thing as scarcity of jobs in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by SavageResponse(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am from Kano state and I can say it categorically that we Muslims from the North do not like Tinubu, he is a mahd man and extremist, we can't guarantee that he will protect our interests. We are now going to be Obidient

My friend go and sit down!

You opened this account just yesterday cos you want to come and talk trash here!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by guychidile: 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Toast yourself.,let's wait and see how it will be implemented.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Eaztzide: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Now, FG can grant ASUU autonomy.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Joebayo217: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Machinegun91:
Another scam
laziness na diseases oo u better find how u go cure ham make u no die from joblessness angry

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Bencolink: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hmmm... We need check am well since it's coming from APC
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by CheapHomes1: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
RexTramadol1:

How they will repay is actually in the write up.

They will keep their records till they start working, they pay back once they graduate and start a job.

Why he asked the question is when will they "start a job"?
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by babapressy(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Corrinthians:
That's how you people condemn without making any effort to exploit an opportunity. When other people do and succeed, y'all start hating on them and blaming the old woman in your village for casting a spell of misery over your lives.

You sound like a very lazy man.

Why are you so full of hate? Please Be matured in public.
His response was to the government and you are attacking and insulting him directly. He's entitled to his opinion. Your matter weak me, besides this is election season Nigerian government can promise you heaven just like they said years ago they will pay 5k each to the youths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by dangoteinlaw: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
Apc want to save Nigerians from the proverty the Plummeted Nigerians into.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Jostoman: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Vote buying is about to start
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Kingsean(m): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
I don't like APC but this is good. kudos to them. when we see something good, we must appreciate it

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by TheGift: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/23/national-assembly-passes-education-bank-bill-for-student-loans/amp/

I hope they have learnt from America, and this won't be another scheme , that would put people into long term debt.

Meanwhile, the borrower is always a slave to the lender. - Proverbs.

Borrowing, especially from people who lend for profit should be avoided at all costs.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by sreamsense: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
This is good news if it will be well monitored and won't be abused:
1. Some schools may want to increase their fees because they believe worst thing that happen to poor students is to go and source for education loans. School fee unnecessary increment must be
2. When students graduate but unable to secure job, how will such students pay back? or will government still going to collect from stipend N-power allowance given and the likes
Anyway kudos to that initiative hoping as we move ahead, there will be improvement
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Dennisbulkan: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am from Kano state and I can say it categorically that we Muslims from the North do not like Tinubu, he is a mahd man and extremist, we can't guarantee that he will protect our interests. We are now going to be Obidient
OK, Mr almajiri. Next, pls!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by CEwog91(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Loan You wont even get .
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by DeBestUCan: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/23/national-assembly-passes-education-bank-bill-for-student-loans/amp/
This is great, but how will the students pay back the loan with this economy downtown?
Many people graduated in the last 10 to 15 years without having meaning job till today, will such people be able to repay the loan?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results / Osun Election: Lawmakers Begin Hand-over Of Power From APC To PDP / What Is The Difference Between "First Lady" And "Wife Of The President"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.