Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill (22220 Views)

Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies / Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by blaquebelle: 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Manny21:
Why do I have this premonition that only children of the rich and powerful will get this loan? Losing faith in this system is so easy.
They don't need loans. Education is already cheap in this country.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hidewell:
How will they pay back the loan with the high unemployment rate in the country? I'm curious to know.

It's a case of try your luck, I believe with more enlightenment comes development.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Ikukuudo: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Cruise.
I don't believe in the Nigerian education anymore. Too many grammars and less actions.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by altteemy: 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
blaquebelle:

They don't need loans. Education is already cheap in this country.

A thought on how much school fees will soon be that would require lots of students to get loans before they can study.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2022
Corrinthians:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/23/national-assembly-passes-education-bank-bill-for-student-loans/amp/

And where will the students get the money to pay back with the high unemployment rate? Good idea in saner climes, bad idea here. They will end up turning that Nigeria Education Bank to a national cake that will be saddled with a lot of debt.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by effort1: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
Corrinthians:
That's how you people condemn without making any effort to exploit an opportunity. When other people do and succeed, y'all start hating on them and blaming the innocent old woman in your village for casting a spell of misery over your lives.

You sound like a very lazy man.

Not his fault. How many APC promises had ever been fulfilled?
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Czartrips(m): 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hidewell:
How will they pay back the loan with the high unemployment rate in the country? I'm curious to know.

The same question i was about to ask
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by SaturnNick(m): 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
2023 loading grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Teenaira: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
drakeli:
You cannot be guaranteed a job in your field but you can work in many other places like in the service industry and others while you wait for your dream job. Whether your salary is enough or not, once you’re are tagged employed anywhere , government start taking out of your paycheck to service your student loan. Your salary doesn’t have to be enough for your lifestyle.

Salary has never been designed to be enough. Nobody can ever get enough salary !!!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Patriotic9ja(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Why should he forget ho the loans will be repaid? If the loans aren't reoaid because of unemployment, how will the bank survive? Where will it get more money to give out as loans?

How is competition for jobs abroad mean the same thing as scarcity of jobs in Nigeria?

You people can never be satisfied no matter what. Even if Jesus rule una, no still the same thing. Mind you, student loan is not compulsory. So you must not apply for it if you have concluded to remain jobless after school.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Julius223pounds(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2022
I bet you, Nigerians will abuse it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by gloryman91: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nice one praying this works out well for students.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by BigDawsNet: 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

We don't know yet...but i guess it would be like the USA...payment starts when you graduate...and a bit of yer salary is taken over two decades or more to pay back the loan.

That is when ypu have a proper job/income...

Student loan is a very good developments for the country... but I fear most people will have difficulty paying back when theybare unable to secure a job

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hidewell:

I asked the same question too!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by juniorstar(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Use loan open business...be innovative..but 1st wetin be the lower limit.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonature1:
Most Nigerians have criminal mindsets.

I hope they will be able to pay back after taking such loans.

Congratulations to future chop and runaway beneficiaries

Abi. The I must chop my own national cake too proponents!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

Forget the how 1st and appreciate the present. Even for so called abroad, jobs aren't guaranteed. Na still competition. So which is better, not being able to go to school because of no funds or going with interest free loan to be paid later?

Na this kin mindset dey put people for trouble abroad in saner climes but as per say na 9ja, people just wan cash out with their own piece of the national cake as nothing go happen to them if dey no pay! No be 9ja we dey?
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
RexTramadol1:

How they will repay is actually in the write up.

They will keep their records till they start working, they pay back once they graduate and start a job.

What if they never get a job or get a low-paying job, the result of their high unemployment rate? I am sure these Charlatans didn't think of that possibility!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
nairadatti:
in this country that the unemployment rate is high ,I hope it's not gonna choke people who take these loans

Nothing will happen to them! Rather, it will be the Nigerian Education Bank swimming in humongous debt for an ill-thought out idea!

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by oneMalik: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Thank you my Lawmakers .

God bless you all and God bless Nigeria .
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Well said. Most Nigerians don't like to pay back loan. They are good at begging for help using religious sentiments but when it's time to pay back. That's when you will become the enemy.
Even most Nigerians in the US don't pay back student loans not to talk in Nigeria.

You see that! Nigerians are even worse when it is a government loan, they think it is a slice or piece of the national cake they deserve unfortunately SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by yemi1504: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
Julius223pounds:
I bet you, Nigerians will abuse it.

Abi.
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by RexTramadol1: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

what do you mean by "As soon as their degree (grade) can carry them"?

First Class- Same year

2nd Class upper- 3-7 years

3rd Class- 15years

Pass- Bad debt
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by nairadatti: 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

True, but then again, in the US..a lot of people complain about student loans....to the point that Biden campaigned on forgiving them in 2020...only to find out once in office...e no easy.
student loans are bad debt to be honest
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by nairadatti: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
yemi1504:

Nothing will happen to them! Rather, it will be the Nigerian Education Bank swimming in humongous debt for a ill-thought out idea!
so we sink further if this happens
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by CheapHomes1: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
RexTramadol1:

First Class- Same year

2nd Class upper- 3-7 years

3rd Class- 15years

Pass- Bad debt

By this one, the bank go just close down because even the 1st and 2nd class no sure
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by CheapHomes1: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
Patriotic9ja:

You people can never be satisfied no matter what. Even if Jesus rule una, no still the same thing. Mind you, student loan is not compulsory. So you must not apply for it if you have concluded to remain jobless after school.

You haven't answered my questions.

Why should he forget ho the loans will be repaid?

If the loans aren't repaid because of unemployment, how will the bank survive? Where will it get more money to give out as loans?

How does competition for jobs abroad mean the same thing as scarcity of jobs in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Patriotic9ja(m): 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
?
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by int0x80(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
How are they going to pay back the student loan without job after graduation?? This is like putting a square peg in a round hole. The first thing Nigerian government should try to address is the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, it's fûcking too high!
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by uche393: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
i know they will make it in a way where the lender will pay to the school directly instead of the beneficiary's account.... because the generation of student go use their own loan buy latest iPhone or play 2 sure odd
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Ameduedwin: 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
Will They give you the job immediately after graduation to enable them to pay back?
Re: National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill by Peacecore: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Make I rush go borrow my own before I graduate abeg grin grin grin

Buh wait o! How much I go talk now...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revisiting Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter To Her Father (OBJ) In December 2013 / Facts About The Data Protection Act / Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.