Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning (422 Views)

UTME 2018: Non Academic Staff Unions To Meet Over Lingering Strike / Striking Non-academic Staff Warn Unilag To Postpone Convocation / FUTO Shutdown As Non-academic Staff Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning by cyborgFUNAI: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
- Set to train 500 students

As the preparation for the commencement of blended learning in the academic activities of Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, enters top-gear, the institution recently organized a training programme for 100 academic staff.
Blended learning which is a hybrid teaching and learning method, involving face-to-face and online activities is meant to bridge the gap associated with rise in students’ population and shortage in academic staff.

Delivering his welcome address, the Coordinator of the project, Prof. Dr. Jonny Ogunji noted that due to an increasing number of universities in Africa, institutions are experiencing growing teaching burdens as a result of rapidly rising students’ population and academic staff shortages, resulting in adverse impacts on teaching quality and students’ learning.
He maintained that Blended learning – a combination of face-to-face and online learning – offers a promising approach to addressing these challenges, urging staff to make use of the new trend to impact knowledge on the students.
He further thanked the Vice-Chancellor, Prof’ Sunday Elom for approving the training programme for 100 academic staff, adding that 500 students of the University would also be trained in the first instance, as the University prepares to commence the use of blended learning in its academic activities.

While delivering the keynote speech titled, “Discipline in Learning: A Sine Qua Non for Breaking New Grounds”, Prof. Chukwunonso E.C.C Ejike, stated that discipline is about setting limits, clarifying roles, responsibilities, and mutual expectations and creating a predictable, orderly and stable life, adding that for the purposes of remote learning, self-discipline plays a significant role in ensuring the continuity of learning.

He enjoined staff to be focused as individuals, departments or Faculties as well as a University, adding that Education is migrating from in corporea to in silico and the blends of both are skewed in favour of the latter.

Also contributing, Dr. Nwogo Obasi who spoke on “Quality Assurance Rubric for Blended Learning”, affirmed that the purpose of the training was to guide the institution, academic staff or faculty to develop quality blended learning courses to enhance the teaching and learning experience as well as ensure that the quality of the courses for institution’s design or use will be assessed in a consistent and comprehensive manner.

He equally stated that the specific objectives of the training include prioritising quality in the development of blended learning courses, evaluate blended learning courses and identify their strengths and weaknesses for improvement.
In the same vein, Dr. Maria Nwodo who spoke on the topic, “Digital Platforms for Effective Academic Service Delivery” acknowledged that a digital learning platform allows educational institutions to cost-effectively and instantly update course contents or add additional materials and resources, allowing the students to access and support their learning.
She added that educational institutions are no longer limiting learning only to the classroom; instead, students can access high quality effective learning resources from wherever they are, and whenever they choose.
Dr. Nwodo noted that one of the great benefits of educational platforms is that it is completely automated, adding that teachers can track and monitor students without having to spend hours marking students exercises manually. She stated that the platform is flexible, thereby giving teachers the opportunity to personalize classes when they deem fit while observing clearly which student needs additional help, and who is excelling.
Other contributors during the programme include Dr. Uzoma Alo, Dr. Ann Nwankwo and Dr. Chinyere Ogunji, whose views were that key ideas on Blended Learning is breaking down current barriers and current distinctions, adding that distance and time does not matter as students can be world apart but work together. They stressed that the more we know about learning, the better we can design courses that will lead students to learn.

Re: Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning by automaniac69: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2022
Really nice initiative. When I was small I hated the idea of separated education. But now with online technologies, many things become way easier.
Re: Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning by BoltLigarus: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
I liked the idea of blended learning. In principle, you can go even further. And implement the class that is not just located in this country, but goes global. You might use classroom software management system to make the access smooth and preserve high quality of video, for example. Do you like my idea?
Re: Ae-funai Trains 100 Academic Staff On Blended Learning by Jordan90Evans: 12:19pm On May 01, 2023
I understand your point, but it's also crucial to have more information. When I was creating an app for my website, I realized that it was essential to use the appropriate tools for it. I had been searching for a suitable company and service for a long time, and I came across import aliexpress products to shopify which is a service that assists in creating digital products. Currently, everything is functioning flawlessly, and I wholeheartedly believe that everyone should invest time and effort in their digital products.

(1) (Reply)

D. S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic Rectorship: Gov. Abiodun, Pls Do It Right Now / Courses That Offers The Highest Paying Jobs In The UK - Video / See The Fuel Subsidy Question That Found Its Way Into An MBBS Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.