Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) (53447 Views)

Some Funny And Awkward Road Signs Spotted Around The World (PHOTOS) / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Gastrocnemius: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
premierlead:
Slawomiir

Otilor grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by LagosIsForIgbos: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Urchins go scatter the place.
Stupid genetically enhanced reetards!
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Gastrocnemius: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
premierlead:
Slawomiir

Damn niggar

Otilor grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Bakrabas: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Buy your network data @ cheap price

*Mtn*

500mb: #150

1G: #250

2G: #480

3G: #750

5G: #1,500

10G: #2,650

All networks data available

WhatsApp : 08030947688

All data valid for 30 days...
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by OllyArt(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
hisgrace090:
Hmm, this sign post I'm seeing constructed with 3400 naira? An equivelent of 130 rand.
It's not easy to live in Nigeria.

Which sign is ₦3,400 each sign is nothing less than ₦40,000
Aluminium sign nah your mate?
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by lifenija: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
Soon to b killed
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by OllyArt(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Zonefree:

That thing go reach like 12K to construct in Nigeria.
E pass 12k sef because it is reflective sign
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Sendero: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
hisgrace090:
Hmm, this sign post I'm seeing constructed with 3400 naira? An equivelent of 130 rand.

He only printed his own shít boards the poles and other signs were there already
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Streetmovement(m): 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Not a wise man at all
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by ozil123: 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
WannaHowzit:
Road signs which appear to welcome drug dealers have popped up in a middle-class Cape Town suburb.

But residents of Rosebank say the signs are meant to be a deterrent – and they seem to be working.

His first sign asks drivers to “Give way to oncoming drug dealers”, while the second announces a “cocaine dropoff zone” that operates from 11:00 to 15:00 on weekdays.

Apart from one or two truculent responses after he put up the signs in the early hours, the man says the response from his neighbours has been overwhelmingly positive.

In reply to a post on a community group saying, “Whoever you are, please stop, the signs don’t work” the man says about 25 people wrote, “They are brilliant, please never stop.”

He was spurred to action by the regular drug deals taking place in Rosebank’s quiet residential streets.

Rosebank resident Coral Gardiner says a “dropoff” sign was put up outside her house during the night. “I had a good chuckle when I saw it in the morning,” she says. “It’s such a clever way of bringing this issue to people’s attention, and whoever’s responsible is probably fed up of residents looking the other way.”

Another resident, Candice-Lee Kannemeyer, says dealers’ cars have not been seen as frequently since the signs started appearing about two weeks ago.

“Obviously people in the area are thinking about what can be done, and the signs are some resident’s last resort. Other people have said we should photograph the dealers’ cars and put them on huge posters.”

From her loft office, Gardiner says she sees drug deals happening in the street regularly. Kanneyemer says the routine is always the same: a car - either the dealer or the client - waits in a pre-arranged spot, and when the other party arrives the dealer leads the customer to another location nearby where the exchange happens.

“The police are no use, and security patrols can’t do much,” she says. “The dealers just say they’re waiting for a friend, or they claim to be Uber drivers.”

The man who made the signs, who insisted on anonymity because “I don’t want drug dealers to know who I am”, says they cost him about R130 (N3,400) each, and he has been asked if he can supply them to other suburbs.

He says his campaign will continue, because “one arrest is like cutting off the head of the Hydra. The syndicates just send someone else.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news/south-africa/2022-11-23-cape-town-man-puts-up-satirical-road-signs-to-expose-drug-dealers-in-the-area/

Some 1000 years later, archeologists who in their bid to discover how life is now, would prolly chance on this and think that use of cocaine was legal in South Africa.
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Mercury12(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
ozil123:

Some 1000 years later, archeologists who in their bid to discover how life is now, would prolly chance on this and think that use of cocaine was legal in South Africa.

We have internet now. So they won't think that way. Internet stores information and for future references.

1 Like

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by DisLifeSha: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
Benki003:
Tomorrow you would hear that someone is dead grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by ecomalchemistt(m): 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
Trust the NARCOS !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 11:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Chuld:
The man na vawulence fc member grin

It is very obvious.....the guy dey sleep and wake with vawulence

grin

1 Like

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
South africans that drink drugs like water. Nothing can change only the man will end up dead
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2022
How to deal with a problem without calling the police directly. Death to drug dealers and their manufacturers and their mules.

1 Like

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2022
A Rosebank resident Coral Gardiner says a “dropoff” sign was put up outside her house during the night. “I had a good chuckle when I saw it in the morning,” she says.

Ona see as oyinbo dey reason? If na Naija now, one ITK neighbor would have come out to accost the guy even though he’s actually doing something positive for the neighborhood. Two secs, you’ll start to hear, you don’t know who I am....... even if he’s just a roadside vulcanizer! grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by kingharzy: 1:53am On Nov 24, 2022
LOL..
The joint in my hand now was sourced by the NPF... I get quality high from the police division near me.
Shout out to the NPF!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by pargelenis(m): 2:35am On Nov 24, 2022
I thank Yaweh say no Naija was involved in this story … on the drugs side.
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 2:48am On Nov 24, 2022
Good notice but a very dangerous one at that. The who out the road signs should forever remain in the shadows or else it's a dead man walking because those narcotics dealers are so dangerous
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by jclassiq(m): 5:28am On Nov 24, 2022
hisgrace090:

That's the thing that also caught my attention.

I'm even surprised they are comparing it to naira instead of the USD.
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by ozegidon(m): 5:52am On Nov 24, 2022
WannaHowzit:
Road signs which appear to welcome drug dealers have popped up in a middle-class Cape Town suburb.

But residents of Rosebank say the signs are meant to be a deterrent – and they seem to be working.

His first sign asks drivers to “Give way to oncoming drug dealers”, while the second announces a “cocaine dropoff zone” that operates from 11:00 to 15:00 on weekdays.

Apart from one or two truculent responses after he put up the signs in the early hours, the man says the response from his neighbours has been overwhelmingly positive.

In reply to a post on a community group saying, “Whoever you are, please stop, the signs don’t work” the man says about 25 people wrote, “They are brilliant, please never stop.”

He was spurred to action by the regular drug deals taking place in Rosebank’s quiet residential streets.

Rosebank resident Coral Gardiner says a “dropoff” sign was put up outside her house during the night. “I had a good chuckle when I saw it in the morning,” she says. “It’s such a clever way of bringing this issue to people’s attention, and whoever’s responsible is probably fed up of residents looking the other way.”

Another resident, Candice-Lee Kannemeyer, says dealers’ cars have not been seen as frequently since the signs started appearing about two weeks ago.

“Obviously people in the area are thinking about what can be done, and the signs are some resident’s last resort. Other people have said we should photograph the dealers’ cars and put them on huge posters.”

From her loft office, Gardiner says she sees drug deals happening in the street regularly. Kanneyemer says the routine is always the same: a car - either the dealer or the client - waits in a pre-arranged spot, and when the other party arrives the dealer leads the customer to another location nearby where the exchange happens.

“The police are no use, and security patrols can’t do much,” she says. “The dealers just say they’re waiting for a friend, or they claim to be Uber drivers.”

The man who made the signs, who insisted on anonymity because “I don’t want drug dealers to know who I am”, says they cost him about R130 (N3,400) each, and he has been asked if he can supply them to other suburbs.

He says his campaign will continue, because “one arrest is like cutting off the head of the Hydra. The syndicates just send someone else.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news/south-africa/2022-11-23-cape-town-man-puts-up-satirical-road-signs-to-expose-drug-dealers-in-the-area/
Where is tilumpu?
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by gabbytabby: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2022
Your focus is that of the slave who does not know he is a slave but continues to insist on substituting one master for another.

Should you not be saying as Africans why is none of our
own languages a focus. You are fighting over your slave languages is English or Arabic your father tongue.

Make una open una eyes and senses boo.

Faposky95:
It's feasible because you don't have a society filled with dementias, religious bigots and nymphos whose lazy cerebrums keep replaying ........??

Why should only the NDLEA be the only
The EFCC be the only....
And so on....
In our country, it should be us all...
Yet it beats me that one of them, instead of seeing some light in one's creativity, chose to go the stupid cum normal way of insisting the Arabic inscription on our Naira notes.......

Wish we could have 2 types of Nigeria .......
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Pwettylinda(f): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2022
Someone said he's putting Thiefnubuu business in shambles around there
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by spartachico(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2022
sad truth
Benki003:
Tomorrow you would hear that someone is dead grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2022
hisgrace090:
It ll even cost more in Nigeria. Shey na only banner he go print ni? What of the base/holder.
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by monex(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2022
Zonefree:

That thing go reach like 12K to construct in Nigeria.

thats if you go meet the person by yourself.

if na based on how much Govt go budget for am, then e go reach 500k
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2022
PeachtreeReside:
How to deal with a problem without calling the police directly. Death to drug dealers and their manufacturers and their mules.

Death to consumers too grin
Re: South African Man Puts Up Satirical Road Signs To Expose Drug Dealers (Photos) by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2022
zinaunreal:

Death to consumers too grin

Well...... what about innocent consumers

The rate of drug abuse in Nigeria is scary sha... hope they wont start selling to kids in secondary school or employing kids to sell them.

Joining them to take drugs is not hardness BUT PLAIN STUPIDITY!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) / Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. / Pregnant Woman And Her Child Crushed To Death In Ebonyi (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.