Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? (2912 Views)

Poll: Do you support capital purnishment?

Yes: 63% (14 votes)
No: 36% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Question: Do You Support Death Penalty For Corrupt Government Officials? / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / Senate Will Support Death Penalty For Oil-thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas, which leads the nation in carrying out the death penalty, has executed the 400th person since the state resumed capital punishment in 1982.

1 of 2  Johnny Ray Conner, 32, who was convicted in the shooting death of a convenience store owner in Houston in 1998, was on Wednesday the 21st man put to death by lethal injection in Texas this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/22/texas.execution.reut/index.html
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by swing4real(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2007
angry angry
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by presido1: 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2007
Yeah EU told them not to but they replied that EU should mind their own business. What a double standard.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by doyin13(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2007
I won't lie. There are some times when I hear of crimes in the UK that I wished we had the death penalty;
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Afam(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2007
Everybody should mind their business well well, including everyone grin grin
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2007
Afam don wake up, lol grin grin

I support the death penalty. and eye for an eye. Why should you be spared if you brutally rubbed and killed someone? subjecting their family to pain
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Afam(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2007
Abi oooo, all dem double standard don tire me!
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2007
My opinion:  There is never a justification for taking a human life-----------no matter how usesless that human life is.  If what ever you believe in says "thou shalt not kill"  then so be it.  Life sentence without parole is better.  Besides, most death row inmates stay on for over 10-20 years before being executed.  Then the possibility of executing the wrong person is a frightening thought!
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
BABEELOVE so in retrospect, if I killed your child for his sneakers or tea shirt will you still have the same opinion as THOU SHALL NOT KILL? Be honest my girl
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mamajama:

BABEELOVE so in retrospect, if I killed your child for his sneakers or tea shirt will you still have the same opinion as THOU SHALL NOT KILL? Be honest my girl

Yup! It cannot bring my child back so what is the point?  Sad and painful----I believe in the power of forgiveness!  I believe in what ever you do in this world--you will definitely pay for it even if you are not caught. No------ taking another human life is pointless to me.  I prefer for the person to be alive and let his conscience torment him or her till death!
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by doyin13(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2007
@Babeelove

Well perhaps the punishment should be left as an option for the victims family to excercise.

Not everybody has the same forgiving spirit as yourself.

if my child was killed, nothing would give me more satisfaction than to have the criminal's life taken as well.

It would be a cathartic experince for me.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by presido1: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
I think if this death sentance is being comitted in China or Russia and not in US, they will term it the worst Human Right abuse, now its happening in US it can be justified to the extent that the texan authorities told the EU to mind their business. Its a starnge world.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2007
doyin13:

@Babeelove

Well perhaps the punishment should be left as an option for the victims family to exercise.

Not everybody has the same forgiving spirit as yourself.

if my child was killed, nothing would give me more satisfaction than to have the criminal's life taken as well.

It would be a cathartic experience for me.

That's allright!  I understand.   It is a personal decision and I respect it. kiss
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2007
That was my intention BABEELOVE no amount of justice will replace the slain or the victim, but the criminal should be subjected to the same brutal killing. Why should you use my hard earn tax paying money to feed this criminal that blatantly killed my family member or friend? I am not saying all criminal should be killed, my argument is if you can reason enough to kill another man rationally in the process of dispute. rubbery or aggravated assault, then you should be subjected to the same treatment.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mamajama:

That was my intention BABEELOVE no amount of justice will replace the slain or the victim, but the criminal should be subjected to the same brutal killing. Why should you use my hard earn tax paying money to feed this criminal that blatantly killed my family member or friend? I am not saying all criminal should be killed, my argument is if you can reason enough to kill another man rationally in the process of dispute. rubbery or aggravated assault, then you should be subjected to the same treatment.

You think it is easy to kill a human being?  Let me give you a knife to kill a chicken and see how it feels.  Can you work as an executioner--without the use of some mood/mind altering drug Look, Or can you be a soldier? For anyone to have a job like an executioner, I often wonder?---- -----Well I guess that is why we have different types of people in this world.  I CANNOT!!!!! No matter the situation.  I have thought about it, rationalized it and concluded it.  Power to you if you can.  At least, you will get some kind of satisfaction or closure.  Me?  I say I cannot----sorry!  Abeg make una kill and go!!!!! grin
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2007
OK, I no fit kill Chiken, but do you think i will think twice before putting a bullet or machete through your oblongata grin grin if you killed my family member? abeg forget about emotion here, i dey talk of true love. lol what kind of prayer do you think casket sellers are praying for? everlasting living or for people to QUENCH? lol

grin cheesy cheesy shocked

make I leave you alone before dem say i dey flirt with you.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mamajama:

OK, I no fit kill Chiken, but do you think i will think twice before putting a bullet or machete through your oblongata grin grin if you killed my family member? abeg forget about emotion here, i dey talk of true love. lol what kind of prayer do you think casket sellers are praying for? everlasting living or for people to QUENCH? lol

grin cheesy cheesy shocked

make I leave you alone before them say i dey flirt with you.

You are very funny!  grin You no fit kill chicken?  But you can shoot somebody or chop off someone's head?  Casket sellers do not need your help at all.  People die everyday.

Yes! Stop flirting! Wayo!  Infact stop pinching my arse! angry
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
Ok, when casket sellers get to their store, do they pray for no one to die today or do they pray for multiple deaths? lol. anyon in this forum know of a casket seller? im waiting oh.

You've never killed a chicken before BABEELOVE ? kai this girl no be authentic Nigerian oh, where u comot self? BAMUDA? lol
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mamajama:

Ok, when casket sellers get to their store, do they pray for no one to die today or do they pray for multiple deaths? lol. anyon in this forum know of a casket seller? im waiting oh.

You've never killed a chicken before BABEELOVE ? kai this girl no be authentic Nigerian oh, where u comot self? BAMUDA? lol

Are you a casket seller? cheesy Anything in the business of death--count me out! Of course I have killed a chicken in the past. That is why I used that example. I don't think I can do it again oh! Me and blood or just the end of life process do not get along! I love to sleep well. So anything about death or killing---abeg count me out oh! Just seeing a dead body is traumatizing enough not to talk of actually taking a life!
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
Ok, you cant kill a chicken or a ram but If I kill a RAM or CHICKEN you will be the 1st in line at KFC or POPEYE CHICKENS, lol
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Afam(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2007
Anyone that takes the life of another deserves to be put to death.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2007
Mamajama:

Ok, you can't kill a chicken or a ram but If I kill a RAM or CHICKEN you will be the 1st in line at KFC or POPEYE CHICKENS, lol

Why not cheesy Don't you see how beautiful the wings, breast, thigh and legs are in the naked glass window?  They are well dressed and ready for consumption. God does not mind you eating those you know?  Try chopping up a human dead body and deep frying it and selling it at KFC  or is it KFH---kentucky fried human or Mrs Winners!  As long as I am not participating in the killing process, I can eat the chicken or the ram fine fine!  Just don't leave any tell tale signs to remind me of how the chicken got to KFC in the first place! grin
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2007
Afam:

Anyone that takes the life of another deserves to be put to death.

Sure! When you prove that you can actually work as an executioner, all na mouth!
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by doyin13(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2007
i will kill the[i] likkle ras cloth[/i]
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2007
We don hear now---carry go! tongue
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 24, 2007
The EU is powerless, even Nigeria asked them to mind their own business when it came to the elections.

Yeah death sentence, who cares?. . .More than 400 people died today on this planet for different reasons. Honestly, there are more things I'll rather do than worry about capital punishment, I can SLEEP.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by dayokanu(m): 9:25am On Aug 24, 2007
Someone kills your relation and govt now collect tax from you to keep him in prison
Why do we have to overcrowd the prison? Anyone who kills is inhuman so we should not treat them as human same for rape.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
Bingo, why waste my money to feed someone who did this to me?
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by chidichris(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2007
Babylove,
thou shall not kill says the bible and the bible says, those who live by sword die by sword.
if you are saying someone who spread bullets on innocent people deserves to live then my prayers is that you become involved directly so that we will know how u will handle the situation.
most of us believe because victims are not members of our family so it does not matter.
if there is anything more painful than the maximum punishment, such shld be melted on them.
the bible says; suffer not a witch to live.
do unto others as you would want others to do unto u so if killing is what u give out then killing shld be given back to u.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by sweetberry(f): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2007
did anybody watch fox news channel last nite? the case was about a man that sexually abused a 9 year old girl & buried her alive after the assault, the judge gave him the death penalty. In this case i support death penalty 100%
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by Mamajama(m): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2007
Kai chidichris is now a preacher. look at him quoting the bible to support his arguments, grin grin cheesy
Pastor what time is the sunday service starting.
@ sweetberry Nice observation.
Re: Texas Executes 400th Inmate, Do You Support Death Sentence? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2007
chidichris:

Babylove,

thou shall not kill says the bible and the bible says, those who live by sword die by sword.

if you are saying someone who spread bullets on innocent people deserves to live then my prayers is that you become involved directly so that we will know how u will handle the situation.
most of us believe because victims are not members of our family so it does not matter.

if there is anything more painful than the maximum punishment, such shld be melted on them.

the bible says; suffer not a witch to live.

do unto others as you would want others to do unto u so if killing is what u give out then killing shld be given back to u.

Sure! You have your beliefs and I have mine---no wahala na! I respect your opinions even if I do not agree with you. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Warns Jonathan Against Use Of EFCC . / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition / 2015: PDP Elders Move To Stop Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.