Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

How Do I Prevent A PDF File From Being Indexed By Search Engines? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Prevent A PDF File From Being Indexed By Search Engines? (432 Views)

How Can I Edit A PDF Online For Free? / Please How Can I Download A Torrent File From Freetutorial.us / How To Get Found By Search Engine And Increase Your Website Or Blog Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent A PDF File From Being Indexed By Search Engines? by Owolabi61841733: 1:28am On Nov 24, 2022
How do I prevent a PDF file from being indexed by search engines?
To hide it from Yahoo, Bing, Google, Yandex, Baidu (and other search engines who use it) you will need to create or edit the robots.txt file in the main folder of your website. Add a line to exclude that document.
For more about robots.txt you can find at The Web Robots Pages. You can even exclude a complete directory.
The procedure for creating a robots.txt file ain’t that difficult. You just create a TXT file that has the following fields:
'User-agent:' – in this line you identify the crawler in question;
'Disallow:' – 2 or more lines that instruct the specified crawlers not to access certain parts of a site.
Example file:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /pdf-folder/
Or follow this second me method
When you are ready you can audit with tools like Screaming Frog whether the files are excluded from indexing. If you are worried files are currently found on Google you can use www.pdfsearch.org. This tool actually uses Google but only searches for PDF documents.
You will see this option of public or private while posting a post on your website in WordPress.
Set it to private so that google can't find the page along with its content like you just said PDF file.
So, Google will not index those private pages. These pages will only have access to the person who has those page url. They can visit directly that page.

The same way you do for any online resource: by excluding it from your sitemap.xml and additionally disallowing in robots.txt. That is, if you control the resource where the file is posted. If not, you can only encrypt the file’s contents and metadata in a tool like Acrobat Pro.
Visit to read more
http://toasdev.com.ng/2022/11/24/468/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Prevent A PDF File From Being Indexed By Search Engines? by Accrdtcollctn: 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
Owolabi61841733:
How do I prevent a PDF file from being indexed by search engines?
To hide it from Yahoo, Bing, Google, Yandex, Baidu (and other search engines who use it) you will need to create or edit the robots.txt file in the main folder of your website. Add a line to exclude that document.
For more about robots.txt you can find at The Web Robots Pages. You can even exclude a complete directory.
The procedure for creating a robots.txt file ain’t that difficult. You just create a TXT file that has the following fields:
'User-agent:' – in this line you identify the crawler in question;
'Disallow:' – 2 or more lines that instruct the specified crawlers not to access certain parts of a site.
Example file:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /pdf-folder/
Or follow this second me method
When you are ready you can audit with tools like Screaming Frog whether the files are excluded from indexing. If you are worried files are currently found on Google you can use www.pdfsearch.org. This tool actually uses Google but only searches for PDF documents.
You will see this option of public or private while posting a post on your website in WordPress.
Set it to private so that google can't find the page along with its content like you just said PDF file.
So, Google will not index those private pages. These pages will only have access to the person who has those page url. They can visit directly that page.

The same way you do for any online resource: by excluding it from your sitemap.xml and additionally disallowing in robots.txt. That is, if you control the resource where the file is posted. If not, you can only encrypt the file’s contents and metadata in a tool like Acrobat Pro.
Visit to read more
http://toasdev.com.ng/2022/11/24/468/

Boss!! Right here bro..... please how can we talk sir
Re: How Do I Prevent A PDF File From Being Indexed By Search Engines? by Owolabi61841733: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
Accrdtcollctn:

Boss!! Right here bro..... please how can we talk sir

Okay we can talk via Whats//App (+44)750(81)0(6661)

(1) (Reply)

Data Science Training In Akure, Ondo State / Now List Your Products On Google Shopping For Free / Urgent Need For A Product Owner, Client UI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.