Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? (500 Views)

The Palm Oil Market Is Not Your Mate. It Is Not Begging You. / Palm Oil Production Machines With Pictures( Locally Made) / How To Start Coconut Oil Production In Nigeria 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:46am On Nov 24, 2022
I just wanted to know.

For instance, in Anambra State where I live, I get to see lots and lots of of oil-palm trees that are growing untamed and un-attended-to inside the wild bushes and inside uncultivated lands.
On most of these palm trees are found dried-up bunches of palm-fruits.

If we have this large number of palm trees that are scattered all over the place, and they are thriving and surviving on their own, then it means that the land is very good for the cultivation of oil-palm trees in large quantities.

So, why are the people not looking into this direction?
Why are the palm fruits wasting?
(And yet, we are in short supply of palm-oil in the country)

Is there any quick solution to this??
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by BluntCrazeMan: 2:48am On Nov 24, 2022
Dear Fellow South Easterners...
This Particular One Is in-between your Legs..
It's Time We Look Inwards, And Start Producing More Palm Oil.
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by LagosIsForIgbos: 8:16am On Nov 24, 2022
You are correct. Back then, when I went to see a relative in IMO state, I went on a hiking adventure to the Otammiri river. It was lonely, full of trees and strange singing birds. Along the bush path, I saw plenty tall palm trees, bearing fruit, rotting away. I asked my uncle why is nobody harvesting them? He replied that ever since the internet came, the youths are into fraud, and the elders are into selling of land. I shook my head.

He then took me to my great grandfather's palm farm. My uncle has recently harvested the nuts from them, so only the unripe ones were standing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by LagosIsForIgbos: 8:26am On Nov 24, 2022
It was the profits from the palm that was used to send his kindred's children to the universities in Lagos, Nsukka and London. You can imagine!

In fact, during the time of Sam Mbakwe, palm produce accounts for job creation, food security and economic prosperity in the defunct state.

The problems that significantly led to the decline of the palm industry was urban migration in the 70's, (everybody was moving to Lagos, the land of milk and honey). Others include the crude oil craze(black oil with black demons), taste for urban sophistication, intellectual laziness and selling off land for stupid ventures and crazy profits (building of hotels and relaxation centres for youthful distractions).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by LagosIsForIgbos: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2022
We have to start now. I'm working my ass off to make money to start up an agro outfit. Thanks to NL, I can experiment on sac farming. If nobody is interested in my great grandfather's palm farm, I'll take over it. Thank God I have knowledge of agriculture. I make my money and use it to improve the lives of those around me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by king4afric(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2022
Thanks for this info, I ventured into it last year and hopping to start cashing out in 5yrs time .

1 Like

Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2022
king4afric:
Thanks for this info, I ventured into it last year and hopping to start cashing out in 5yrs time .
I wish you the best in your produce.
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by HarlequinLekex: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is due to laziness breeding and harvesting among the youths.
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
It is due to laziness breeding and harvesting among the youths.
Well.

Let me be fair enough on this.
I won't totally blame Laziness for this.

I will majorly put it on lack of awareness, and lack of knowledge.
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by HarlequinLekex: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
They are aware, most youths don't want to go near agriculture. On part of knowledge, our parents started farming one day, they should ask for any knowledge from their parents into farming or the villagers.
BluntCrazeMan:
Well.

Let me be fair enough on this.
I won't totally blame Laziness for this.

I will majorly put it on lack of awareness, and lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by Nko1: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yes
Re: Had The Palm Oil Production Been Neglected By Our People? by BluntCrazeMan: 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nko1:
Yes
grin grin cheesy
Aaaahhhahahahahahahhhahahhahahaaahahahaa..

The title is actually a rhetorical question...
It is a question that is aimed at bringing awareness to a particular topic.

It's not meant to be answered..

(1) (Reply)

Abuja-based Commercial Youth Farmers Meets This Weekend / Buy Cocoa, Cashew-nut, Pks, Cassava Palm-oil In Large Quantity. / Fruits And Vegetables Sellers (market Women And Ladies) Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.