Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore (1082 Views)

Tinubu Has A Complex Certificate Problem, Osinbajo Covered Him Up - Sowore (Pix) / Bashir El-Rufai On #EndSARS: Nigeria Does Not Begin In Lagos & Ends In Abuja / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by adenigga(m): 6:42am On Nov 24, 2022
The 2023 presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), Omoyele Sowore has declared that the continued existence of Nigeria as a single, united nation should not be forced.
According to him, a referendum should be conducted for the people to decide if they want to leave or stay.

The politician/news publisher added that the current 1999 constitution Nigeria is using needs to be changed as it was not ratified by the citizens of the country before it became binding on them.

He said in an interview with The ICIR: “Nigeria has reached a point where it is either we work on a perfect union, or we abandon the union altogether and one of the ways to work on the perfect union is to sit down and frame another Constitution. Get it ratified, get a referendum for everybody to say yes or no to it and you’re good to go.

“The Nigeria Constitution of 1999 is nothing. It wasn’t made and ratified by the people, so you can’t start amending it. And at any rate, the amendment of that Constitution has become a source for corruption. The guy who has been in charge of amending Nigeria’s Constitution is in jail in the United Kingdom (UK) for trying to sell somebody’s kidney. That’s the joke the Constitution review has been.”

I’ll Allow Referendum On Nigeria’s Break Up
Speaking further, Sowore said if he emerges as the President of Nigeria in 2023, he would allow a referendum on Nigeria’s break up.

Asked if he is not worried about being the President that will supervise the disintegration of the country, Sowore said he is not but added that he is not in the race to ensure the country breaks up but for it to have a perfect union.

He said even those who are not physically demanding a secession have mentally seceded from Nigeria.

According to him, the only way to reverse the growing trend is to address fundamental injustices in the system so the people can feel safe and happy in their own land.

In his words, “Yes, I said I don’t mind because Nigeria has become a bad marriage to a lot of people. So, that’s one of the several categories of people who are tired of Nigeria.

“The South-East has reached 70 per cent of secession because you can’t hang a Nigerian flag openly in the South-East right now. Most of the police stations have closed, except at the state headquarters. The radio that’s most popular in the South-East is Radio Biafra. I was there, they don’t hide it anymore. So, for you to bring them back, you’re not going to bring them back by starting the Third Niger Bridge. No. They have passed that stage. It’s not going to be feasible. You have to bring them back by addressing their fundamental grievances. Let them determine why they should continue to stay in Nigeria, and you will be surprised that if they are allowed to do a referendum under a perfect union, the referendum might fail. I am not saying it will, but it might fail.

“You have Yorubas saying they want to leave. There are people who want seccession, whether you like it or not. So, if you put Nnamdi Kanu in detention, has it in any way reduced his power? You drive Sunday Igboho to Benin Republic and he’s operating perfectly from there.

“And you also know that there’s a fourth category and those are the people that want to ‘Japa’ (travel abroad). So, you have a country where a lot of citizens have mentally seceded. Everybody is tired of the country called Nigeria.”

Source: https:///If-Nigeria-Does-Not-Work-Let-It-Break-Up-Sowore

9 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by triple996(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2022
Clown grin
Bt I guess with oil in d north and west nobody will beg anybody again

3 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by backnbeta(f): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2022
Now that the North got oil, we need to go our separate ways indeed! Let them keep the oil and the proceeds to themselves as a country

8 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by mcbreeze: 6:51am On Nov 24, 2022
This is a sincere submission.

7 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by aylive02(m): 6:51am On Nov 24, 2022
This is what urchins hate to hear

9 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Acidosis(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2022
adenigga:

He said even those who are not physically demanding a secession have mentally seceded from Nigeria.

“And you also know that there’s a fourth category and those are the people that want to ‘Japa’ (travel abroad). So, you have a country where a lot of citizens have mentally seceded. Everybody is tired of the country called Nigeria.”

This is so true.

It's funny how people try to disparage Igbos for trying to secede grin the fact that these antagonists make up the majority of the japa gang makes it hilarious. You want to force Nigeria down the throats of people yet you have spent the last 2 years of your life strategizing on how to japa (secede).

Mental secession aka japa is the worst form of secession, as a matter of fact. It depicts fear, subjugation, selfishness, weakness, and admittance of a failed country. You know that Nigeria isn't working yet you antagonize people who try to physically secede because you want to continue to "love" One Nai-je-ria and her 133 million poor people from abroad grin

8 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by sonature1: 6:58am On Nov 24, 2022
Sowore should go and start contesting from his state. A politician who has no political track records cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria. It's too risky to vote for such person because power intoxicates.

Imagine if Rochas Okorocha became the president of Nigeria without being governor first. Meanwhile, he contested for presidency in many parties and got close to clinching their ticket.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Acidosis(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2022
sonature1:
Sowore should go and start contesting from his state. A politician who has no political track records cannot win a presidential election in Nigeria. It's too risky to vote for such person because power intoxicates.

Imagine if Rochas Okorocha became the president of Nigeria without being governor first. Meanwhile, he contested for presidency in many parties and got close to clinching their ticket.

Focus on the message!

9 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Juniorpope123: 7:26am On Nov 24, 2022
Really. Nigeria is getting closer

7 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by immortalcrown(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2022
Would you have said this if your name was not removed by INEC?

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Emergingnation3(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2022
triple996:
Clown grin
Nigeria must breakup, north should keep their imaginary oil.. grin

The actualization of sovereign state of Biafra is a task that must be accomplished...

5 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Ttalk: 7:39am On Nov 24, 2022
Oh Sowore is now coming to his senses

4 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by lokoloko84(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2022
Sowore,my guy.
He is the only person I can vote for,If I wanted to vote next year.
Atleast,he has changed his tune that restructuring or breakup is the solution to the madness bedeviling this country but we need someone outside the current political class to be in power as a last resort.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Carlyscales: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2022
triple996:
Clown grin

You really need to step back n evaluate how you seem to others by your expression.

I do not fancy Sowore n his brand of politics, but I cannot in sound conscience fault his assertion here. Nigeria is increasingly becoming like a bad and abusive marriage. If the partners don't change and nothing is done, we may soon have a partner dead.

Isn't it palpable to you that our challenge is not oil but how the proceeds have been managed over the yrs.
It's only a fool that'll not treat oil as a diminishing asset. That's y Qatar, Saudi, Dubai, Russia etc are working seriously to develop their place and diversify from oil dependence. But Nig n Venezuela are foolishly stealing n squandering the proceeds from same.

Buhari's push for oil in the North and any other part of Nigeria is just another misplaced priority and will do no good to any of such region. Do you even know that you can't even live in.some places in Niger Delta where these oil is is extracted

That there's no energy company in the first 50 companies in 2021 by profit, should tell us that idea and not resources that rule the world. They're mostly technology, financial and retail companies. If we invest in our youths by education, exposure and empowerment, we could have such companies.

How has it even

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by nazicartel(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2022
But seriously. The country needs to separate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by owobokiri(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2022
They don find Oil for North.
I hope it makes them learn to live alone..,

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by FreeStuffsNG: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2022
adenigga:

Is this his recipe to 'fix' Nigeria?
No wonder, HE Onoja washed.smh

BABANGBALI:
*Deputy Governor Edward Onoja of Kogi state tweeted on the graduation of his daughter from the university. As usual Omoyele Sowore picked it*.

Enjoy the prayer session between Omoyele Sowore and Edward Onoja

*Yele to Onojoa*

#Freekogi2 I congratulate your daughter on this special occasion of her matriculation. May she never live in a world of impunity, may she never become unemployed upon graduation, may her future be bright and may she never have to work without getting paid, maybe her pension never be denied her when she retires, may she never be silenced for speaking up against tyranny and may she never die in election related violence! Once again, congratulations to her!

*Edward Onoja to Yele Sowore*

Dear Sowore,
I thought families, especially, the children are out of bounds in political brickbats? Abi, your school of thoughtlessness does not teach sense and sensibility?

Anyway, I too have a prayer for you...

1. I pray that you are Nigerian and patriotic enough to stay at home, establish and have your family here in Nigeria, just like I have done. *(It will teach you to truly work for the improvement of the country for their sakes).*

2. I pray you are man enough to hustle with your mates, working to assume leadership of the Nation by paying your dues, and not trying to jump in through the window like a palliative thief.

3. I pray that you will truly come to love this great country and her people with a mindset to sacrifice for her and not to sacrifice her to your lust for power). *(It will teach you that your contemporaries at home are not indolent layabouts looking for a saviour from abroad to whom they will handover govt once he wears an orange beret and yells 'revolution' or 'Buhari Must Go)*.

*(It will stop you from trying to set fire on your own father's house simply because you have a mat in your rich uncle's BQ who has induced you with peanuts in the name of activism, so he can claim the land once the house is destroyed)*

4. I pray you have the balls to learn from some of us and begin your leadership quest from your State. *(You will finally learn Leadership 101, not #gbasgbos and chewing gum activism. I recommend you start as councillor in your ward, if you know your ward)*

5. I pray you grow out of your desire to to seek attention and play to the gallery. *(Leadership and Governance is not a circus, you should know a dancing monkey can only grab attention for only so long)*

6. I pray you redeem your already lost image amongst genuine freedom fighters.

*(Shebi you know say dem no send you again?).

7. I pray my daughter won't need to defend you pro bono when you are 70, still wearing beret, sagging trousers and still unable to distinguish between lawful and unlawful protest. *Shebi you see the travails of your types wey invade US Congress in the name of revolution?*

Sowore this is brother to brother, comrade to comrade, Aluta to Aluta... guy e get wetin person dey grow pass. Leave this lane and get serious if you really want to do politics. You don old pass this thing.

Another brotherly advice: Find another target. Kogi is getting on very well and fine. This your contract don cut. Those who gave you this job, tell them say we be street pass you. *E no get where you fit take your madness pass. We go cure am for you*.

All of you unpatriotic citizens wey dey plan burn Naija after securing your families safely abroad, make una go restrategize.

I pray this sinks and leads you on the path to being a better man. Thus far you are way below the bar of a patriotic citizen
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by VoteObi2SaveNai: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2022
This sentiment of Sowore is shared by 95% of Southerners. Patience is running out and it's becoming very clear that the status quo will be seriously challenged if nothing is done.

This is the reason why I believe that Northern leaders would rather want Peter Obi to win than allowing Atiku to emerge and watch with horror as Nigeria breaks up. The economic crises, mass suffering and unabated killings and kidnappings by fulanis will lead to mass revolt by Southerners should Atiku win.

Also, the educated class among Southerners believe that with Peter Obi as president, Nigeria will progress.

Verdict: I see Northern leaders advising Kwankwaso not to step down and also ensuring that rigging is reduced to the barest minimum in the North to ensure Obi emerges. They understand that's the only way to save Nigeria from total collapse.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by waterpouroverfl: 9:49am On Nov 24, 2022
Some clowns keep saying south especially igbos are against their discovery

No igbos especially and the south are happy and relieved, relaxed and glad that they have discovered oil.

Now we seek for a peaceful dissolution and seperation of this country
Every one can easily go there seperate ways
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2022
Carlyscales:

You really need to step back n evaluate how you seem to others by your expression.

I do not fancy Sowore n his brand of politics, but I cannot in sound conscience fault his assertion here. Nigeria is increasingly becoming like a bad and abusive marriage. If the partners don't change and nothing is done, we may soon have a partner dead.

Isn't it palpable to you that our challenge is not oil but how the proceeds have been managed over the yrs.
It's only a fool that'll not treat oil as a diminishing asset. That's y Qatar, Saudi, Dubai, Russia etc are working seriously to develop their place and diversify from oil dependence. But Nig n Venezuela are foolishly stealing n squandering the proceeds from same.

Buhari's push for oil in the North and any other part of Nigeria is just another misplaced priority and will do no good to any of such region. Do you even know that you can't even live in.some places in Niger Delta where these oil is is extracted

That there's no energy company in the first 50 companies in 2021 by profit, should tell us that idea and not resources that rule the world. They're mostly technology, financial and retail companies. If we invest in our youths by education, exposure and empowerment, we could have such companies.

How has it even

Incisive post start to finish. The guy you quoted is a n1tw1t and an example of the average Nigerian youth. Ignorant, uncouth and completely lacking the ability to think critically or focus on what matters.

We don't all have to support the same people or even have the same views but it is crucial, whatever our ethnic or sectional affiliation, we support what is best for society always.

Buhari's "my way or the highway" style of doing thing has left us all kowtowing to how a small,unprogressive and openly feudal group of Northerners want us all to do thing.

This has impacted badly on security and unity of Nigerians along ethnic, religious and sectional lines. It has decimated Nigeria socio-economically and destroyed many businesses reliant on foreign exchange to import goods from abroad they must pay for in dollars, pounds, Euros etc.

I could go on all day but Buhari and his crew have been the embodiment of regressive and repressive rule.

Even desirable clamor, such as that for modernizing Cattle rearing and banning the very divisive practice of open graziin, is resisted by virtually all Northern elites including Atiku showing we are in for 'more of the same' with him for another 8 years if we make the big mistake of voting him as President.

Certainly, only a fool or sadist will deny that Nigeria is today an abusive and horrendous marriage with virtually the entire South and Middle belt wanting a divorce from the North.

In the middle of all this Buhari continues to dismiss what can better Nigeria with no interest in what others want. Sowore has got it spot on even though, like you, I do not like his political persona and demeanor.

What is shown below is definitive of Buhari and it is what put me off him totally when I used to be his ardent fan.

Below is one of the crucial change we voted Buhari in to implement, along with State policing etal, yet the man came in to begin arrogantly playing to a different script and dictatorially dismissing what non-Northerners want as if we do not matter or are less Nigerian than him and his fellow cabal of Northerners.

Nigeria is a sham marriage. Only a divorce, at least minimally through regional governance, can satisfy one half of the union, i.e the South, who is convinced nothing good can come from remaining in a relation with the North.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/those-calling-for-restructuring-naive-dangerous-says-buhari/amp/

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Rapuru14: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
Acidosis:

This is so true.

It's funny how people try to disparage Igbos for trying to secede grin the fact that these antagonists make up the majority of the japa gang makes it hilarious. You want to force Nigeria down the throats of people yet you have spent the last 2 years of your life strategizing on how to japa (secede).

Mental secession aka japa is the worst form of secession, as a matter of fact. It depicts fear, subjugation, selfishness, weakness, and admittance of a failed country. You know that Nigeria isn't working yet you antagonize people who try to physically secede because you want to continue to "love" One Nai-je-ria and her 133 million poor people from abroad grin

God!

What a submission. You must be a sincere Igbo man, only them can conceive this level of truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by gidgiddy: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2022
All this is waste of time, organise referendum tomorrow lets know who wants to remain Nigerian and who wants to get out if this monumentally failed British colonial contraption known as Nigeria
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by slivertongue: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2022
Nigeria has reached a point where it is either we work on a perfect union, or we abandon the union altogether and one of the ways to work on the perfect union is to sit down and frame another Constitution. Get it ratified, get a referendum for everybody to say yes or no to it and you’re good to go.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Idiko1: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2022
Nigeria has never worked, cannot work and will never work. The simplest of thing to do, if Nigerians are people of intellectual prudence, is sue for disintegration of the foolish construct by goofy Englishmen.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Idiko1: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2022
triple996:
Clown grin

I guess only a clown dwells on crude oil when a serious matter is debated.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by redsun(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2022
The only way Nigeria will work is if the people will use this opportunity to take back power from their immortal enemies like Tinubu and atiku. They are colonial masters and we all know what colonialism represents.
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:06am On Nov 24, 2022
grin grin it takes a few rumpled up for the truth to start coming out!

It is better late than late, I guess grin
Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2022
redsun:
The only way Nigeria will work is if the people will use this opportunity to take back power from their immortal enemies like Tinubu and atiku. They are colonial masters and we all know what colonialism represents.

Please shut up. IPOB tout. Tinubu built the Lagos at least 20% of Anambra folks now live in and you're here calling him "Immortal enemies".

Is an 'immortal enemy' not a destroyer? What has Tinubu destroyed, for a myopic and hateful too like you, when the man is actually famous for building great things?

In what nations of the world do you see politicians who deliver on their brief of office, and beyond, gets called "in mortal enemies" if not in Nigeria full of aberrant and hateful Nigerians like you who can never give credit where due because of the primordial hatred of others along ethnic, religious and sectional lines?

A productive thread must be destroyed by hateful Jokers like you. If you think Tinubu is not behind the stance of the 6 SW Governors below, showing how he will rule and pertinent for the 'freedom' of Nigerians we are discussing here, then you are dumber than I think you are.

When Obi, who is always running away, can influence SE Governors to take a stance similar to what is shown below then I will start taking him seriously as a sagacious leader who can deliver very tough changes others will resist vehemently and even bloosily.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/07/12/constitution-review-southwest-governors-demands-return-to-regional-govt-scrap-of-states/%3famp=1#cobssid=s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Does Not Work, Let It Break Up – Sowore by traihit: 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2022
Carlyscales:

How has it even

The real reasons Nigeria is suffering is what you mentioned at the last part of your comments.

Ensure that education is universal and qualitative (compulsory for primary and secondary). Ensure that the education system is so designed and strictly followed that parents can get arrested if their wards are not in school. Let's start from there first.

Educated citizenry is so much underrated in Nigeria and it's the reason government policies fail, we can't maintain infrastructures, bureaucratic bottlenecks are still in vogue (forget the quota system, na mmy brother, na mu son education we're practicing).

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ogun LP Accuses Okupe Of Diverting Campaign Funds, Tells Obi To Halt Rally / Osun Tribunal : Adeleke Scored 402, 349 And Oyetola 374, 256- Forensic Report / PDP…. Sai Asiwaju Nigeria… Sai Tinubu At Katsina PDP Presidential Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.