Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Sunak Eyes Cull Of Student Visas As UK Looks At 'all Options' To Fix Migration I - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sunak Eyes Cull Of Student Visas As UK Looks At 'all Options' To Fix Migration I (575 Views)

Nigerians Confront Police, Demand To See Corpse Of Student Stabbed By Italian / Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos / Charms Discovered Under The Car Seat Of Student Who Killed A Bike Man . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunak Eyes Cull Of Student Visas As UK Looks At 'all Options' To Fix Migration I by EvergreenDiarie: 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2022
Sunak eyes cull of student visas as UK looks at 'all options' to fix migration increase

Home Secretary Suella Braverman yesterday admitted that the Government has "failed" to control the UK's borders, adding: "I and the Prime Minister are absolutely determined to fix this problem."

Rishi Sunak is considering cutting the number of student visas in the UK, as the Government is examining "all options" to fix the migration system. The Prime Minister's official spokesperson today said the Government is considering looking at the numbers of "students and dependents" coming to the UK, especially those with "low-quality degrees". He added: "Our points-based system is specifically designed to give us flexibility over these sorts of issues."

This comes after it was revealed this morning that net migration has risen above pre-Brexit levels.

The latest figures, published this morning, show that net migration rose to 504,000 in the year to June 2022.

Net migration for the year ending June 2015 - the year before the UK voted to leave the EU - was 336,000.

Yesterday, Home Secretary Suella Braverman admitted that the Government has "failed" to control the UK's borders, adding: "I and the Prime Minister are absolutely determined to fix this problem."

The Prime Minister's spokesperson said today's figures "reflect unprecedented global events".

He added: "The PM is fully committed to bringing overall numbers down.

"The public will rightly expect us to deliver control over borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX68I94RrB0

Re: Sunak Eyes Cull Of Student Visas As UK Looks At 'all Options' To Fix Migration I by Zealoy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
Idiot sunak Shebi u too na migrants u be, open border abeg make all men japa comot for this hell wey we dey
Re: Sunak Eyes Cull Of Student Visas As UK Looks At 'all Options' To Fix Migration I by EvergreenDiarie: 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Zealoy:
Idiot sunak Shebi u too na migrants u be, open border abeg make all men japa comot for this hell wey we dey
����

(1) (Reply)

Canada Health Workers. / Keep Relocating To Canada A Secrete Till Your Visa Is Out / What Is The Penalty For Not Having A Driver License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.