Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,313 members, 7,864,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigeria Governors’ Forum Reject Sale Of Power Plants, Sue FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Governors’ Forum Reject Sale Of Power Plants, Sue FG (16177 Views)

Nigeria Governors Forum Meets In Abuja Today (Photos) / Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria Governors’ Forum Reject Sale Of Power Plants, Sue FG by brandsoncharlie: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

You guys are so ill informed! That's the problems with Nigerians, they refuse to take the time to educate themselves, even with google at their fingertips. I wonder what you all do with your phones? Just aimless senseless chat and videos that kills your brain. A google search will tell you that the former Eleme Petrochemicals is now Indorama Petrochemicals and that company is doing fantastically well last I checked.

https://www.indoramaeleme.com/

You don't understand what I am talking about.
I have a family member that worked there in the past, the same operation and task that was performed before privatization is the same thing going on currently.
Before privatization they claim it will processes so many petroleum products thus reduce dependence on import.
They even claim the new company will stop flaring of gas in the atmosphere yet it is still continuous today.
Today where's the change?
Mind you it is known that the facility was bought by politicians and their cronies in power.
Mind you I have been to epcl 3 times.
Re: Nigeria Governors’ Forum Reject Sale Of Power Plants, Sue FG by brandsoncharlie: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

Another uninformed Nigerian. NNPC has not been sold. It was just converted to a Limited Liability Company to stand on its own, instead of being run as a Ministry of government.

So they no longer contribute to FAAC or Federation Account like an agency like Customs or FAAN might. Instead they pay taxes like every other oil company. Likewise Ministry of Petroleum no longer pays their salaries. The salaries are paid inhouse with their own revenue, so no longer budgeted in national budget.
My friend nnpc has been sold, what you are saying is just formalities.
You don't know more than an HR in nnpc or an MD or any senior staff working there, so relax.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU And Non-Academic Staff Of UNIZIK Protest - Photos / 2018: We Won’t Settle For Anything Less Than Deputy Governor ―ekiti Muslims / Seun Onigbinde: My Resignation Has Nothing To Do With Bashing I Received Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.