Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council (25416 Views)

Ihedioha: More Resignations Continue To Hit Imo PDP / Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos) / Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by Penguin2: 6:15am On Nov 25, 2022
maasoap:

No wonder you don't have direction. Zoo today, Nigeria tomorrow. We want Biafra today, we want to become the president of Nigeria tomorrow.

Yes. And we have been pressing you and your leader’s neck to the extent that he urinated on himself in public and he was in Imo ‘bulabain baba bluing’.

Isn’t it a miracle that people ‘without direction’ are causing sleepless nights to the people being directed by a drug lord?
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by Amah70: 8:45am On Nov 25, 2022
Moh247:

I am liking Ibos Nsogbu Nsogbo Politics, destroying your own leader one at a time while we enjoy the show

It's only Owerri zonal politicians squaring up to get the best of them to dethrone gov Hope Uzodinma.
They are not happy despite the fact that Uzodinma has practically governed only Owerri, but Orlu is a no go area for Uzodinma.
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by Murjayusuf222: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2022
Nigeria sai Atiku Abubakar
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by Poten111: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Ihedioha the saboteur!

Your political career died the day you called Ndigbo saboteurs because we refused to support a Fulani man.

Come and win Imo governorship election let’s see.

Onye ala!

You will leak this dust you are raising. I promise you.
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by Poten111: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2022
jerrybone:
.[i]... as NWC caution Charles Ugwu over illegal suspension of LGA Chairmen

_ advise Achike Udenwa to reconsider heading Imo Presidential Campaign Council

https://www.thenaijatimes.com/ihedioha-removed-as-chairman-imo-pdp-presidential-campaign-council/

Which one is Naijatimes again?

FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by 2016v2017: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Ihedioha the saboteur!

Your political career died the day you called Ndigbo saboteurs because we refused to support a Fulani man.

Come and win Imo governorship election let’s see.

Onye ala!
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by marvis13(m): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2022
There are a lot of fake information on this nairaland
Re: Ihedioha Removed As Chairman Imo PDP Presidential Campaign Council by marvis13(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
HOW SAMDADDY WAS LEFT COLD AND STRANDED IN WADATA
ONWUASOANYA FCC JONES
I have taken time to reach out to some of my friends and even foes in the PDP, to ascertain among other things, how the meeting at the PDP national secretariat, which was primarily billed to sack the State Executive Committee of the Party in Imo State, and as some of Samdaddy's sympathizers captured it; "to cut Ihedioha's influence in the Imo State PDP."
As someone who is not a member of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, and who is not in any haste to join the Party, I couldn't have got a firsthand information on the meeting's proceedings, so I had to source for as much objective information as possible. I reached out to sympathizers of Ihedioha and key elements within the faltering Divine Mandate Movement.
THE BACKGROUND
Some of us hadn't got the real facts behind the trip of key PDP leaders to Wadata yesterday, and this is part of what I decided to dig into in my investigations from yesterday up till this morning. Memos and petitions from the National Secretary and his allies were the roots of the meeting yesterday. And there were at least, five things that the National Secretary aimed to achieve yesterday and which he allegedly assured his ragtag lieutenants and now stranded supporters that he was sure of actualizing at least, three of those objectives.
I will go ahead and outline the objectives of the Party's National Secretary before telling you how each matter was resolved by the Senator Iyorchia Ayu led National Working Committee;
1. A memo was written by the National Secretary, Senator Samuel Anyanwu, urging the National Working Committee to disband the Imo State Executive Committee of the PDP in Imo State. This dissolution would have affected all elected officials of the Party, up till the ward level.
2. At least four petitions were written seeking the sack of the State Publicity Secretary of that Party, Prince Collins Opuruozo. These petitions were escalated up to the NWC by the National Secretary, and were allegedly instigated by him.
3. Petitions were written against the State Youth Leader of the Party, Mr. Greg Nwadike, calling for his immediate removal. Like in the other cases above, this too was instigated and escalated by the National Secretary.
4. Petitions were written requesting the outright dissolution of the Presidential Campaign Council of the PDP in Imo State as recently unveiled by Engineer Charles Ugwuh.
5. A demand was made for the immediate reinstatement of some LGA Chairmen who were removed by their ward chairmen and fellow LGA executive members.
HOW THE ISSUES WERE RESOLVED
At the meeting which was presided over by Senator Iyorchia Ayu and attended by all major stakeholders of the PDP in Imo State, including past governors who are still members of the Party, National Assembly members, past national assembly members and other statutory leaders of the Party, the Chairman of the Party resolved the issues as follows;
1. ON THE DEMAND TO DISSOLVE THE SEC; The National Chairman did not waste time in dismissing this proposal and rather asked leaders of the Party to unite behind the Party leadership in the State to achieve victory for their candidates in the upcoming general elections.
2. ON THE SACK OF THE STATE PUBLICITY SECRETARY: The NWC also declined to sanction this and urged support for the young man, who has done well to keep the Party visible in the State.
3. ON THE SACK OF THE STATE YOUTH LEADER; The NWC also declined this request and Comrade Greg Nwadike remains the State Youth Leader of the Party.
4. ON DISBANDING THE PCC; Senator Ayu argued that the NWC cannot act on that and rather referred the matter to the Vice-presidential candidate of the Party, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
5. ON THE REINSTATEMENT OF SOME LGA CHAIRMEN SUSPENDED BY THE RIGHTFUL ORGANS OF THE PARTY; This issue was reportedly raised after it became obvious to the Samdaddy group that all their plans had fallen flat. However, the State Chairman correctly denied sacking any LGA Chairman of the Party. The National Chairman warned that any action taken that does not follow the laid down rules and Constitution of the Party will be nullified by him. PDP members will have to explain if a particular organ of the Party sacking its member is in line with its rules. As you know, I am not a member of the PDP and I do not have a copy of that Party's Constitution.
SPEECHES BY LEADERS OF THE PARTY
Among the key Party stakeholders who attended the meeting, only Ambassador Kema Chikwe, Chief Ambrose Ejiogu and a member of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Chief Eze Duruiheoma spoke in support of any of the agenda presented by the Party's National Secretary, every other stakeholder, including the only other former governor in the meeting, Chief Achike Udenwa and all the National Assembly members and candidates of the Party who spoke, had glowing tributes for the leadership credentials of the immediate past governor of the State, Chief Emeka Ihedioha. In fact, I was told that Chief Achike Udenwa reiterated my earlier advice to Senator Samdaddy, by urging him to concentrate on his job as the Party's National Secretary as that job is actually very big and quite influential. He was advised to leave the Party in Imo State alone.
Left cold and dry, the Amaimo born politician went personal in his speech. He particularly bemoaned the appointment of Prince Opuruozo as the State Publicity Secretary, claiming without evidence that he was promised that slot by the Party leadership in the State. It was obvious from his countenance, that he felt loss and defeated after the meeting, as he was glued to his seat as he watched every other person leave the meeting venue.
SAMDADDY'S NEXT LIKELY ACTION
I am not privy to any of the plans of Senator Anyanwu, but I am sure that he will not stop fighting. It has become an ego battle and he is aware that most of his associates are disillusioned with the current state of affairs. I will not be surprised if he takes some desperate measures in order to boost the confidence of his few followers. The Party should therefore look out for all or any of the following actions;
1. He might attempt to forge the minutes of the Party's meetings to favour his personal interest.
2. He might sit on or even hijack correspondences coming to the Imo State chapter of the Party, if such correspondences do not favour him.
3. He might unilaterally issue sack letters to some members of the Party's executive in Imo State.
4. He will attempt to run a fractional Party secretariat in Imo State.
5. He might issue unauthorised correspondences to the Independent National Electoral Commission, identifying the wrong people as officials of the Party in Imo State.
The PDP has to monitor the office of the National Secretary very closely, to stop him from possibly leading the Imo chapter of the Party into a kind of cul-de-sac.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

British Govt Declines Comment On Obi’s Detention By UK Immigration / TUC,Factional NLC Suspend Strike While Main NLC Continue Strike / List Of Nigerian States By Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.